Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 454192 times)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 15:11:23 »
This is an SMF issue, not Chrome: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=530748.0

TL;DR: Sign in on Chrome, Sign in on IE, Sign out in either one = All signed out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2016, 15:14:05 by dgneo »

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #601 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 15:26:00 »
Looks like a side effect of a security-related change.
Russ

Offline mmm

« Reply #602 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:22:44 »
Feature request:
-Add a search option to find literal strings including non-numerical or non-letter characters.
If I search for Z-77 (to find the KKmoon Z-77 keyboard) it finds all kind of posts but not with "Z-77" in it.
Some KB\'s I have: White PLU ML87, black PLU ML87, Chicony KB5181 TDC3100061, fullsized Lexmark/IBM.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #603 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:02:16 »
Feature request:
-Add a search option to find literal strings including non-numerical or non-letter characters.
If I search for Z-77 (to find the KKmoon Z-77 keyboard) it finds all kind of posts but not with "Z-77" in it.

Seems to work if you enclose the string in double quotes, like you did at the end of the post.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #604 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 02:26:22 »
Is there a way to disable email notifications, while maintaining notifications for the tapatalk? I only see it as it all-or-nothing kind of setting when setting a thread to "notify". Being able to separate the two would be nice so my mail doesn't get spammed from clackvent replies  :))

Also not sure if this is the right place to bring up, but within tapatalk being able to disable in-app pop ups would be great as well (again, probably not related to geekhack but tapatalk itself.)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #605 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 08:27:06 »
Is there a way to disable email notifications, while maintaining notifications for the tapatalk? I only see it as it all-or-nothing kind of setting when setting a thread to "notify". Being able to separate the two would be nice so my mail doesn't get spammed from clackvent replies  :))

Also not sure if this is the right place to bring up, but within tapatalk being able to disable in-app pop ups would be great as well (again, probably not related to geekhack but tapatalk itself.)

If you go to Profile > Notifications, change the section titled "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:" to 'Instantly - but only for the first unread reply'.

This seems to drastically reduce the number of emails I've received for CV, but still has the Tapatalk notifications coming.

The second point you made is related to Tapatalk, nothing GH can do there :(

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #606 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 11:42:08 »
It would be nice if Geekhack was available with full SSL encryption, as now it shows up as "Not Secure" on Firefox. Perhaps Let's Encrypt would be a viable option as it has recently left beta and is becoming widely used.  I just feel that offering https is a way to respect GH users.  :)

Some extra info from Firefox:

Owner: This website does not supply ownership information.
Verified by: Not specified
Technical Details:
Connection Partially Encrypted
Parts of the page you are viewing were not encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet.
Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other people while in transit.
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #607 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 11:46:14 »
I think the issue is not with geekhack itself being secured, but with posts containing unsecured content.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #608 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 12:18:43 »

If you go to Profile > Notifications, change the section titled "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:" to 'Instantly - but only for the first unread reply'.

This seems to drastically reduce the number of emails I've received for CV, but still has the Tapatalk notifications coming.

The second point you made is related to Tapatalk, nothing GH can do there :(

Actually a week or two after I posted this, tapatalk had an update where notifications became banners so it's all good now  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #609 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:02:44 »
we need more mods
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #610 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:05:58 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #611 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:09:33 »
we need more mods

Lol, for what?

whatever the mods are doing right now.. they need a break. 4 hour shifts to cover 24 moderation. so, 5 more mods for every mod we have right meow

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #612 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:14:42 »
we need more mods

Lol, for what?

whatever the mods are doing right now.. they need a break. 4 hour shifts to cover 24 moderation. so, 5 more mods for every mod we have right meow

Hmm, seems logical.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #613 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 15:59:22 »
Can we get the proxy section in the Great Finds area updated?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #614 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 18:06:58 »
*cought* demik as mod *cough*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #615 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 19:19:06 »
*cought* demik as mod *cough*

That's a nasty cough you have there.  Have some Benadryl ...

141233-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #616 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 20:18:09 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #617 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 08:01:30 »

I'd be happy to update it, but I don't have the time to determine what the new content should be.  Is it something you (or someone else) can put together and pass along an updated post?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #618 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 05:13:49 »
I can start a thread for it sure. I will post it in the Keyboard section if that's alright with you guys? I don't really know where else it would be appropriate really.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #619 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 05:37:59 »
I can start a thread for it sure. I will post it in the Keyboard section if that's alright with you guys? I don't really know where else it would be appropriate really.

As a sticky in classifieds, maybe?

I can see that most people would want a proxy for a private sale, rather than a GB.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 05:55:25 »

I can see that most people would want a proxy for a private sale, rather than a GB.

I think it's good in the great finds section tbh, I ask for proxies more for eBay and Amazon purchases than anything else. But It is annoying when people say CONUS only  >:D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #621 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 06:00:06 »

I think it's good in the great finds section tbh, I ask for proxies more for eBay and Amazon purchases than anything else. But It is annoying when people say CONUS only  >:D

Fair enough.

I did think briefly about the artisan services, but although a service (proxy service), it's not artisan, and would be unlikely to relate to most artisan activities.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 06:21:35 »
Yeah, I will just start one in great finds and see how we go.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #623 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 22:32:38 »
Hey can I have my elder position changed to Retired? thanks
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #624 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 23:42:18 »
Hey can I have my elder position changed to Retired? thanks

No  :'(

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #625 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 06:00:55 »
I think some more sub forums aka child boards in the "Making Stuff yourself" would be great. Currently there are lots of threads about cap making which I'd think be a great sub forums, I also think tutorials such as Bros lube guide, the Pcb thread and solder thread should be in their own forum within Making stuff yourself! :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline keykaiser

« Reply #626 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 18:36:39 »
Too many subforums already.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #627 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 18:49:49 »
Too many subforums already.

Less subforums.

Lets cull iff yopic first

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 17:17:31 »
Are there any plans for webm/gfycat links? It could save a lot of bandwidth sometimes.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #629 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 17:33:32 »
Are there any plans for webm/gfycat links? It could save a lot of bandwidth sometimes.

Not that I'm aware of -- does [img] not work for gfycat, since it's a gif?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 17:41:36 »

Not that I'm aware of -- does [img] not work for gfycat, since it's a gif?

Yes and no as Gfycat offers multiple formats, gif not being the default one.
The last gif I posted in Group buys was 70 MB. (ouch)
I probably could have shaved 20 or 30 MB by lowering resolution and compressing a little more but here's its 3.5 MB mp4 version. Can't beat that afaik.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 18:02:58 »
Sweet baby Jesus--post it on youtube or vimeo. If people don't want to watch the dank meme they won't have to bite a 70mb page load bullet.. plus the dankest memes these days have soundtracks :eek:

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 18:26:52 »
Sweet baby Jesus--post it on youtube or vimeo. If people don't want to watch the dank meme they won't have to bite a 70mb page load bullet.. plus the dankest memes these days have soundtracks :eek:

That wouldn't be true to the gif spirit though :(. html5 ftw!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2017, 19:17:14 by kustom3 »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:47:16 »
I would love to be able to change my user title as someone who has donated? Or whatever
-Dana

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #634 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 05:37:42 »
I would love to be able to change my user title as someone who has donated? Or whatever
Get friendly with one of the mods that's still around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #635 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 12:39:23 »

PMed :thumb:

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #636 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 15:52:54 »
Get friendly with one of the mods that's still around.

I dont do that kind of stuff anymore, man. I told you.  :'(
-Dana

Offline Coreda

« Reply #637 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:53:07 »
I just noticed that embedded Youtube videos lack support for the fullscreen button (example post). It's not hidden but greyed out, becoming unclickable.

Would be useful to have for viewing videos in more detail for sure (unless it's just myself experiencing this).

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #638 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 10:37:32 »
I just noticed that embedded Youtube videos lack support for the fullscreen button (example post). It's not hidden but greyed out, becoming unclickable.

Would be useful to have for viewing videos in more detail for sure (unless it's just myself experiencing this).

That’s a YouTube thing; some videos allow it, some don’t (when embedded/linked off site). It’s the similar to how some videos can’t be played unless on YouTube.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #639 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 11:04:14 »

That’s a YouTube thing; some videos allow it, some don’t (when embedded/linked off site). It’s the similar to how some videos can’t be played unless on YouTube.

Thing is all the videos here have the same greyed out button (example thread), unlike every other forum I've been on with embedded videos.

Figured it may be a missing parameter, as adding allowfullscreen="" (or alternatively just allowfullscreen) to the iframe parameters displays a clickable fullscreen button.

Example after tweaking with the web inspector:

Code: [Select]
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KckCsw_JyJI?autoplay=1&amp;autohide=1" style="width: 480px; height: 270px;" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 November 2017, 11:06:00 by Coreda »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #640 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 19:12:18 »
hey here's a great feature

wouldn't it be neat if users like kmiller8 could idk, actually use the forum?
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #641 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 19:47:45 »
hey here's a great feature

wouldn't it be neat if users like kmiller8 could idk, actually use the forum?

Is moose like kmiller8?

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #642 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:10:30 »
I think it will be pretty cool to have a "Request a review" thread so that for example, if one is looking at buying a product and can't seem to find a decent review on Uncle Google, One can request it here and see if any community members will be willing to do a write-up or just share their suggestions and opinions.

just an idea that popped up, hope that made sense. :))

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #643 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 17:42:57 »
I think it will be pretty cool to have a "Request a review" thread so that for example, if one is looking at buying a product and can't seem to find a decent review on Uncle Google, One can request it here and see if any community members will be willing to do a write-up or just share their suggestions and opinions.

So like the dozens of threads already where people post and say things like, 'I'm maybe buying board xyz what do people think?'

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #644 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:32:11 »

So like the dozens of threads already where people post and say things like, 'I'm maybe buying board xyz what do people think?'

Kind of like that, yes.
Now that I think about what I wrote, the idea sounds dumb.

sorry about that

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #645 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:42:06 »
it was a good idea in theory
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #646 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 19:25:55 »
This has probably been said before, but a button to 'like' a post would be nice.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #647 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 19:39:19 »
This has probably been said before, but a button to 'like' a post would be nice.

That'd kill a lot of interaction.

Why this over quoting and saying "nice"?

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #648 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 20:57:47 »

Good point.

I'd personally prefer it over that because it provides an easier way of seeing who has been helped by a particular post.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #649 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 23:13:58 »

don't out me like that
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90