Author Topic: [IC] quasi-IC: Ergodox Dvorak Bronies?  (Read 3450 times)

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
[IC] quasi-IC: Ergodox Dvorak Bronies?
« on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 18:15:47 »

No it's probably not happening. Probably. But similar to Naokira's thread a time ago I think it would be cool if a PBT DCS MLP-themed dvorak ergodox kit could grace the ergodox keyboard I don't have. But will someday. Mark my words, darn you! I will have this keyset. If that's okay with you, I mean.

(Doubly mad because I hafta let MD's current 'drop' go by. it would eat into Christmas money)

The image you see above is played out like this:
Fluttershy is soft, so she gets the vowels.
RD is streaking Nyan-cat style across the numbers at the top
Pinkie gets all the punctuation. Possibly also the two so she can add it to other numbers two.
Applejack is practical, and so gets the navigation keys.
If you didn't know Twilight got the control keys you can turn in your badge and go home now.
which leaves Rarity getting all the consonants. What's beautiful about the consonants? Not sure. Also I'm not sure which combination of colors best imply her colors, but I have some notes I can share if you're interested. (hint: RCM legend on WFJ. Almost positive. Probably.)

Except that leaves a lot of rarity showing so I was considering swapping the meanings: giving rarity the punctuation and having PP take consonants.

Also as to actual legends, I don't think I personally have decided what to use the thumb cluster for but I know I don't like the "standard" of space/enter on the left. Also, I can tell you that without legends of some kind it won't have the "oh look it's PP!" effect so the fact that I have/want Dvorak is a bigger deal for this kind of set. If "we" got SA (level profile) and shuffled them, I don't know that it would look right -- although if someone wants to create up a mockup I'd offer my opinion to be gobbled up as part of a stew (with your opinion too).

Okay so I've had a bit of trouble with the Keyboard Layout page and saving efforts so here's my half-way keyboard that needs more work:
go here and copy that code, go back to the keyboard page and, in ' < / > raw data ', paste the code. You'll see I have a few color combos for rarity, and of course colors on the screen don't represent colors on actual keycaps so consider the source before saying "that looks dumb"

Here's the bottom line. Lets say I (and there's maybe a one-in-five chance this'll happen:) just plow ahead around March-ish and order my own set. Do we have at least, say four others here who would want in on a small GB to have the mane six grace their homebuilt split keyboard?
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2013, 00:08:34 by reaper »

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: quasi-IC: Ergodox Dvorak Bronies?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:34:05 »
Cringe. Why associate this with that pedophile magnet mlp?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 14:48:12 »
Dvorak yes

Ponies no
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 14:50:06 »
:Shudder:

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 20:16:07 »
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 20:17:48 »
Cringe. Why associate this with that pedophile magnet mlp?

As usual, saying what I'm thinking.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 20:52:13 »
Haters gonna hate, Ponies gonna pwn.

I'm just saying, considering there was a GB for MLP keycaps, obviously bronies buy keyboards. But are there five of us that use the ergodox?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user