Author Topic: [GB] CYGNUS – See below.  (Read 28229 times)

Offline driftingbunnies

Re: [GB] CYGNUS – [GB LIVE]
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 22:42:14 »

Holy crap THOSE were T1 on that board?
What have you done to my favorite switch babies?

If you guys don't have any input on the board, why don't you just message pheonixstarr directly about your concerns? I would have expected a little bit better from people who are well known in the community.

Sound tests do play a huge part in many people's purchase decision.
Which seems rather fair for a $400 board.
Who's to say other switch-plate configs wouldn't sound just as bad as what we have now?

There seems to be a lot of glazing over what I typed even though I've been quoted 4 or 5 different times now. Nowhere did I say if you had input about the board (sound included) should you not post anything. I said that IF you don't have any input, then message pheonix directly. Things that would fall under that category would be #justiceforbiso, things being awkward, stolen domains, etc, etc. What I'm trying to avoid is 4-5 people repeatedly posting in this thread to derail the GB instead of actually asking questions because they are interested in buying the board (which is part of the rules to the GB forum)

(Attachment Link)

See here's the problem:

People like you are blindly white knighting the OP when they very clearly have a bit of a shady history.  First time GB runner, unlimited GB, many blatant lies, money already frozen, questionable design choices, etc.  I personally feel like people should at least have some knowledge of the situation before blindly tossing their $4-500 away and ending up with another Tesletron2.0 situation.  This goes beyond just the "justiceforbiso" situation and if you want to sit here with blinders on, that's fine but I am not going to.

Since you would rather talk here than discord, I will respond here. I have never told anyone to buy this product. I have no issue with you bringing up any of those points you brought up as well. What I don't understand is how one liners that have no information or real purpose but to be toxic is helping the buyer understand the situation.

Offline Quinella

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:19:47 »
threadcrapping is against the rules so ill probably be gone but before that.
people have been warned thanks for pwner listing it out.

#justice4biso

Offline megaforce

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:32:23 »

#justice4biso

Long live Quinella

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:33:44 »

#justice4biso
it's been real

god bless your soul

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline belgium_waffles

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:35:47 »

#justice4biso
godspeed to u, u magnificent bastard

Offline gamerman

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:36:57 »
At least do ur part and make effort since the other designers did all the work for you seeing as the cygnus is a 'stolen' design.

Just wondering, is there anything other than the bezels and the spacing on the keyboard that is stolen? I can't find a whole lot that's similar personally. Especially the typing angle seeing as one of them has a 5.5 degree typing angle and one has a 14 degree typing angle. Not saying it isn't copied but just wondering if I'm that dumb. Still staying tuned on this thread because personally I like f-row less things and it'd be nice if this goes well :-)

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:39:00 »

#justice4biso

I'll miss you, forever in my heart.
Nunu | KR FC660C

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:39:09 »
'nightingale blue' is actually the 'aegis navy' colour, I worked with my anno supplier to get it the finish and colours right. Do NOT call it nightingale blue since you had **** all to do with with It, let alone choose a Pantone colour.

If you want better Pics of the navy look for Pics of the aegis and ext65.

« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:42:10 by aeryxz »

Offline trg1234

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:39:19 »

#justice4biso

^^7

Offline pngu

• send noots
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 00:03:32 »

#justice4biso

Your are a scholar and a gentleman. It's been an honor to serve with you.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 00:52:06 »
At least do ur part and make effort since the other designers did all the work for you seeing as the cygnus is a 'stolen' design.

Just wondering, is there anything other than the bezels and the spacing on the keyboard that is stolen? I can't find a whole lot that's similar personally. Especially the typing angle seeing as one of them has a 5.5 degree typing angle and one has a 14 degree typing angle. Not saying it isn't copied but just wondering if I'm that dumb. Still staying tuned on this thread because personally I like f-row less things and it'd be nice if this goes well :-)

tbh although the design is pretty much a copy of bisos board, I don't really mind it.
might sound harsh but biso made that prototype, put it on a shelf and apparently forgot about it.
he never showed any intent of running an actual gb with it.
so someone else picking up the design and actually making it available to other people isn't that bad imho since the original designer had his chance and tossed it.
I agree though that he should at least have been credited in some way and things don't actually run very smooth with this entire gb.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 00:56:50 »

tbh although the design is pretty much a copy of bisos board, I don't really mind it.
might sound harsh but biso made that prototype, put it on a shelf and apparently forgot about it.
so someone else picking up the design and actually making it available to other people isn't that bad imho since the original designer had his chance and tossed it.
I agree though that he should at least have been credited in some way and things don't actually run very smooth with this entire gb.

That's because he never got the pcb he commissioned.    :thumb:
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Quinella

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:01:43 »

to help reinforce that statement.
https://imgur.com/a/VTDOjtO

Offline megaforce

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:01:44 »

you really hate to see bad takes on geekhack ladies and gentlemen

And stop projecting untrue info with regards to bisoromo's Kikuichimonji not going to GB phase. If you look through his IG post, he is clearing doing the opposite of "put it on a shelf and apparently forgot about it"

I've been on these fourms for quite sometime now (longer than your boy Puddsy) and witnessed shady GBs come and go; snuffing out questionable GBs from suspect runners with a bad and relativity short history should be part of the consumer-driven community role. And this GB ****ing REEKS.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:16:24 by megaforce »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:15:09 »

almost like he got screwed over by the person who he commissioned to design the pcb and it has put him off that project for a bit huh?

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline Quinella

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:57:27 »

almost like he got screwed over by the person who he commissioned to design the pcb and it has put him off that project for a bit huh?

quick illustration of whats taking place in regards to this group buy for the people who cant read.

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
    • illuminati.works
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 02:23:45 »
Thank you for the illustration, I was having trouble figuring out what was going on!

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 03:04:31 »
Are yall seriously thinking about joining a keyboard GB whose design is based off a commissioned pcb that wasn't delivered lmao

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 06:26:24 »
michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

I knew the GB runner was suspect when she took those pre orders for haley without a prototype. Didn't know it was this spicy. Shame cause I actually like the board.
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 09:31:40 »
People can't be THIS desperate to risk their money on this board. Please consider buying smarter.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 09:54:58 »
Glad all this is out in the open, transparency is important.

Offline HouseOfKeebs

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 11:31:13 »

So was the Kelly87 person supposed to design the PCB for this Biso guy?

I'm sorry but it is kinda hard to follow a point that you're trying to make when you only post a small snippet.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 11:35:50 »
More

I'm sorry but it is kinda hard to follow a point that you're trying to make when you only post a small snippet.

I believe Kelly87 had nothing to do with. PhoenixStarr was commissioned by Bisoromi to produce a PCB for Biso's function row-less TKL design. PhoenixStarr never shipped the PCBs to Biso, therefore, halting his development while PheonixStarr goes and starts a GB for the same exact keyboard layout. That's my understanding out of this whole fiasco, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 11:52:56 »
Glad all this is out in the open, transparency is important.
I definitely agree that things like the weird pcb commission stuff should be discussed and clarified in here but the **** that went down in this thread has nothing to do with discussing problems.

Random people (some of which are pretty well known to the community) that never showed any interest whatsoever in this board suddenly throwing in their completely irrelevant b******* comments here just for the memes because someone started to rant about this thread on the mechkeys discord.

This is thread derailing at it's finest and not a proper discussion in any way...

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 12:07:57 »
The most telling this for me is the lack of responses from PheonixStarr. I was definitely interested in the Hailey, but no way in hell am I giving that kind of money to a person that can't even vouch for themselves...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 12:11:35 »
More

I believe Kelly87 had nothing to do with. PhoenixStarr was commissioned by Bisoromi to produce a PCB for Biso's function row-less TKL design. PhoenixStarr never shipped the PCBs to Biso, therefore, halting his development while PheonixStarr goes and starts a GB for the same exact keyboard layout. That's my understanding out of this whole fiasco, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.

PhoenixStarr said "ok, actually shipped PCB, dunno when it'll arrive bc cross country", but then later admitted to never sending it.

Offline h.parks

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 12:43:36 »

Seems mostly right. I don't have an axe to grind in this drama, but it's interesting, so I am trying to lay out the facts as best as I can.

PheonixStarr made this claim Nov. 20th on Top Clack's Discord:

It's important to follow through on promises like that, but it doesn't seem like Pheonix has followed through. It's harder to trust people with larger-scale projects when they don't take care of the little things.

I don't believe the keyboard case design was stolen. Here's Bisoromi talking about that on the MechKeys Discord:

Hope that helps.
Bottom-Mount Alps Dactyl | Ergodox | PLA75 | SA Penumbra | DSA Blanks | GMK First Love

Offline MyManMart

[GB] CYGNUS – [GB LIVE]
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 13:45:22 »

Seems mostly right. I don't have an axe to grind in this drama, but it's interesting, so I am trying to lay out the facts as best as I can.

PheonixStarr made this claim Nov. 20th on Top Clack's Discord:
Show Image

It's important to follow through on promises like that, but it doesn't seem like Pheonix has followed through. It's harder to trust people with larger-scale projects when they don't take care of the little things.

I don't believe the keyboard case design was stolen. Here's Bisoromi talking about that on the MechKeys Discord:

Show Image

Hope that helps.
He can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe Biso ever got his money back either. He paid to have someone design a pcb for their own board instead and instantly start a gb before he could get someone reliable to design his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 14:48:38 »
Didn't know so much drama was behind this board. Oh gawd!

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 15:01:48 »
Didn't know so much drama was behind this board. Oh gawd!

I know right. I'm glad this got aired out though.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 18:58:33 »
Wait.. so Cygnus GB is cancelled? I wonder how many orders have been placed so far  :-X
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline nguyenhimself

Re: [GB] CYGNUS – See below.
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 21:08:04 »
I think this is the most concise TL;DR so far

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 07:15:28 »
With all the facts on the table, I'm not sure what went on inside of your head when you decided that it would be a good idea to run this gb. Not surprised it got canceled.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 07:17:57 »
The drama is juicy but the memes are poopy ngl.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 12:09:09 »
Aaaaand locked.  Thanks for playing, everyone.  This thread turned into quite the ****show, has been cleaned up a fair bit, and will be unlocked once everyone has had a chance to cool down. 

Also, to the people okay with stealing designs because the designer "sat on them too long"...  ?? ??? ??