Author Topic: Is your Adblocker still working?  (Read 14355 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Is your Adblocker still working?
« on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:02:00 »
Recently mine have stopped working almost systematically. I had 4 installed and each one stopped working completely with Chrome over the past couple weeks. I tried adding various other ones and none of them work properly with Chrome. Specifically blocking YouTube ads is unfunctional, either doing nothing and allowing ads to run normally or blocking the video and just playing the sound. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this recently or it's something on my end that needs doing.

Offline lakeboredom

Re: Is your Adblocker still working?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:07:43 »
Might be time to switch away from that spyware and dl firefox. Ublock Origin is the one you want.

Offline yui

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:14:38 »
well google owns both chrome and youtube so that makes some sense that  they would protect their own ads, then you can switch to firefox/chromium both not being owned by google should have less issues, but even on firefox sometimes youtube overloads the adblockers with 1000+ ads blocked, when youtube detects that an ad was block it seems to try to load an other one until it get trough. and some adblockers now get paid by ad agencies to let their ads trough.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:18:05 »
4?
They can fight each other and wreck hell with your download speeds.

I'm with Lakeboredom
Firefox with Ublock Orgin (and Privacy Badger), get rid of the spyware.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:43:46 »
for the spywares and really next level ad blocking you can use noscript also, i use it on slower computers so i can disable all the beauty scripts and only load the functional stuff, really powerful tool but it does have a huge tendency to break every single page you go on.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:57:02 »
I use a modified hosts file. Download hostsman and throw in a couple hosts files. They're universal and work everywhere, and can't be borked. They're harder to update, but so far that hasn't been an issue.

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:01:36 »
Didnt chrome get that update that was gona break addblockers? idk if that ever became a thing but i remember reading about it. dont use chrome tho, ff for life

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 02:36:32 »
Didnt chrome get that update that was gona break addblockers? idk if that ever became a thing but i remember reading about it. dont use chrome tho, ff for life
They forced a minor change in adblocking after blowback over it.

Google claimed it was a misunderstanding, I'm not so sure. Either way, they found a compromise on it.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline jamster

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 10:53:13 »
I use a modified hosts file. Download hostsman and throw in a couple hosts files. They're universal and work everywhere, and can't be borked. They're harder to update, but so far that hasn't been an issue.

If you're going to take the hostfile approach, you could just install Pi-hole on a raspberry pi, or run DNS blacklisting at the router and shield the entire network rather than do it on a per machine basis.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 18:09:48 »
youtube adblokn' stopped working right.

Yeah looks like a browser switch is needed. Sigh. I love moving bookmarks and losing all my saved browser data. You'd think in 2020 something like that would be easier than transferring to a new phone, but I assume Google holds your data hostage to prevent people from switching browsers.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 18:37:55 »
Try noscript, it blocks all addons and you have to go in a enable each one by one. Very disruptive in the beginning but once you get used to it, it's the best.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 23:34:13 »
Try noscript, it blocks all addons and you have to go in a enable each one by one. Very disruptive in the beginning but once you get used to it, it's the best.
ublock has it built in.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 08:37:54 »
I concur with the suggestion to try Firefox and uBlock Origin (or set up a Pi-hole if you've got an RPi to spare). It's been working great for me for years now, and along with other security-focused add-ons like Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere, I make them a must for all the machines I use.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 June 2020, 08:40:06 by sharktastica »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 11:12:08 »
I concur with the suggestion to try Firefox and uBlock Origin (or set up a Pi-hole if you've got an RPi to spare). It's been working great for me for years now, and along with other security-focused add-ons like Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere, I make them a must for all the machines I use.

I'm just going to add an additional vote for this exact configuration. I use all 3 together, just in case some ads manage to slip past Pi-hole. The best part of Pi-hole is that it blocks ads before they even make it client-side, so you'll be pretty surprised to see how much better/smoother/faster your browser begins to function with most of that garbage completely removed from the equation from the start.

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 03:41:08 »

... until you tried uMatrix which is a better NoScript - made by the same guy who also wrote the original uBlock. :)
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline yui

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 04:35:48 »
what i saw is that on my windows PC with noscript and adblock on firefox youtube manages to sometimes run ads, on my debian machine with the same browser setup it does not even manage to start loading the skip ad button and i never get ads, and i use the debian machine much more when it comes to youtube watching so maybe the issue comes from a windows update that made some pc slower. still mostly get no ads but the windows setup sometimes blocks 400 or more ads before the video starts playing while it never goes above 50 on the debian machine. i do not know what to make of that data, apart from the obvious debian is better for making a web browsing pc than windows.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 10:30:59 »
what i saw is that on my windows PC with noscript and adblock on firefox youtube manages to sometimes run ads, on my debian machine with the same browser setup it does not even manage to start loading the skip ad button and i never get ads, and i use the debian machine much more when it comes to youtube watching so maybe the issue comes from a windows update that made some pc slower. still mostly get no ads but the windows setup sometimes blocks 400 or more ads before the video starts playing while it never goes above 50 on the debian machine. i do not know what to make of that data, apart from the obvious debian is better for making a web browsing pc than windows.

I don't think I have seen an ad on Youtube, on any desktop computer running Firefox, in some years now with just uBlock Origin. I have been running Pi-hole on a Pi for a good chunk of that time, but I actually disconnected it entirely a few months ago and haven't gotten around to configuring it fresh again yet, so it has just been absent. I only get ads on my smart tv, which was part of my motivation for Pi-hole to begin with.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 20:40:13 »
what i saw is that on my windows PC with noscript and adblock on firefox youtube manages to sometimes run ads, on my debian machine with the same browser setup it does not even manage to start loading the skip ad button and i never get ads
Check what filters you're using and when they were last updated.
I would bet the filter lists are different.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 21:02:10 »
Part of it is Chrome is making a lot of changes recently. I can't even use Hangouts, a Google product, on Chrome because it blocks the mic. Like literally grays out the mic on/off and mute buttons in hangouts. Have to always go over to Firefox for embedded apps, which I am sure defeats an entire concept of family products some idiots over at Google are trying to push.
Ya know what the #1 step is in product integration? MAKING SURE IT WORKS WITH YOUR OTHER PRODUCTS!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 03:05:36 »
I'm not sure where I saw it, but apparently Chrome will often bypass your DNS settings for Google's, so you may not be blocking nearly as many trackers as you think. Just because you aren't seeing ads doesn't mean you aren't being tracked.

Disconnect is another product to beware, they make a (chrome based) browser and plugins for chrome and FF, but while they block ads and trackers, they anonymize it, then sell the tracking data to the same people you were blocking who use that data to try and identify you and figure out ways around the blockers.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline downtownHippie

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 12:12:35 »
I'm not sure where I saw it, but apparently Chrome will often bypass your DNS settings for Google's

Generally called DNS over HTTPS.  It's an option in both firefox and chrome, very irritating.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 12:23:14 »

I'm just going to add an additional vote for this exact configuration. I use all 3 together, just in case some ads manage to slip past Pi-hole. The best part of Pi-hole is that it blocks ads before they even make it client-side, so you'll be pretty surprised to see how much better/smoother/faster your browser begins to function with most of that garbage completely removed from the equation from the start.

A third vote!

I have PiHole set up as my network wide DNS resolver, using Cloudflared for DNS-over-HTTPS. I’ve got nearly 1M domains in my block lists and so it’s a very fine mesh for anything to get through. I then run Brave browser which does a lot of tracker blocking, likewise on mobile I stick to Safari since it now offers similar tracker protection in iOS 14 beta. I’ve got a Unifi Dream Machine managing network edge, with their IDS/IPS system turned on which catches some of the stuff PiHole doesn’t based on the Emerging Threats database. For total overkill, I’ve got a Security Onion box running with Ntopng for more in depth logging and DPI.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 23:55:37 »
I'm not sure where I saw it, but apparently Chrome will often bypass your DNS settings for Google's

Generally called DNS over HTTPS.  It's an option in both firefox and chrome, very irritating.
My understanding is on Chrome even if you disable it, it still does it in some circumstances
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 12:53:45 »

My understanding is on Chrome even if you disable it, it still does it in some circumstances

The world would be a better place if that browser never existed.

Offline downtownHippie

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 15:19:51 »

so frustrating because they were so proud of their original motto - don't be evil - how is subverting DNS not evil, or at least malicious.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 17:43:31 »

so frustrating because they were so proud of their original motto - don't be evil - how is subverting DNS not evil, or at least malicious.

I have a lot more bones to pick with Google Chrome than DNS shenanigans. Stability, memory leaks, refusing to update, a terrible interface (which inspired copycat changes to the Firefox UI), a state of constant beta using the user as a guinea pig, destroying the once out-of-control rise of the Firefox user base and simultaneously stunting development of useful extensions for that superior platform, and then pulling an Apple to act like extensions were their idea when it all started all of the way back with freaking Opera.

I'm sure I'm forgetting more than I remembered that I hate about that browser, even before getting into the company.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 20:53:14 »
I have a lot more bones to pick with Google Chrome than DNS shenanigans. Stability, memory leaks, refusing to update, a terrible interface (which inspired copycat changes to the Firefox UI), a state of constant beta using the user as a guinea pig, destroying the once out-of-control rise of the Firefox user base and simultaneously stunting development of useful extensions for that superior platform, and then pulling an Apple to act like extensions were their idea when it all started all of the way back with freaking Opera.
Quite a lot of changes happened because the current CEO was a Chrome user.

I'm not entirely sure you can blame Firefox for Chrome's rise and Firefox's fall, Chrome had a juggernaut behind it to push it to the forefront, Google has far more money, more of a public image, and an advertising powerhouse to promote it. With all it had going for it, it would have been one of the most epic failures in history had it not risen to the top.

They dropped that when they split into Alphabet and Google.

Google lost their way a long time ago.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 22:31:01 »
it would have been one of the most epic failures in history had it not risen to the top.

Ah, internet xplorer, microsoft edge ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 03:55:30 »
Ah, internet xplorer, microsoft edge ?
I.E. wasn't a failure by any stretch, MS just let it wither and die once it destroyed Netscape, which was the goal.

Edge was too little too late, among other problems.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 14:57:36 »
I'm not entirely sure you can blame Firefox for Chrome's rise and Firefox's fall, Chrome had a juggernaut behind it to push it to the forefront, Google has far more money, more of a public image, and an advertising powerhouse to promote it. With all it had going for it, it would have been one of the most epic failures in history had it not risen to the top.

I was entirely blaming Google for Firefox's fall, not Mozilla. If what you say is true about the current CEO though, that sways my hatred somewhat towards Mozilla now then though. I figured putting that stupid 3 horizontal line menu on the right side and disabling the menu bar by default was just a peer pressure move, not just some stupid Chrome user at the helm of the ship. I just think we're lucky they at least leave the option to turn the menu bar back on. Those one button/all-in-one menus are trash.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 22:12:21 »
I figured putting that stupid 3 horizontal line menu on the right side and disabling the menu bar by default was just a peer pressure move
It is, it just took a Chrome user to push them to do it.
While I don't like the lines, I do like that I can move it around and hide the titlebar (some sites really benefit), what annoys me is the number of websites now using that same system. You have a whole page to use unlike a browser which has a narrow ribbon... WHY?!

None of that compares to the biggest f-up in Firefox history though, that was the day the lead developer decided that they would abandon the 64bit version because 32bit had fewer bugs. Keep in mind, Windows 8 was already on the market, 64 bit was CLEARLY here to stay. Community backlash was swift and HARSH and rightly so (seriously wtf). That decision was not only reversed but forced them to shift from 32bit focus to 64bit (finally).

While you can say they've done dumb things, part of that is because we have a window into the company. Google keeps a lot of this hidden, while you can see some of the dev discussion and such it's nothing like FF. Every time I've gone looking I came away with the same impression, Google doesn't care what you think.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 23:12:39 »
I have to install a new one every several months or so. Developers and ad blockers are constantly in an arms race.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 23:18:59 »

If you're going to take the hostfile approach, you could just install Pi-hole on a raspberry pi, or run DNS blacklisting at the router and shield the entire network rather than do it on a per machine basis.

I tried to build a pi-hole and it broke everything. The main reason I did it was for my Roku TV and my iPhones but it didn't even work on those or half the pages on chrome. The other half said "hey we noticed you've got an adblocker, please disable." In the end it was a pain to unravel everything especially with resetting my iPhone's ip settings. I'll try again one day but for now I don't have the heart.  :'(

Offline Z41N

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 19:24:10 »
Most of the times yea, but for YouTube it does this weird "playback error" which goes away on its own after 10 seconds of staring at the error message. weird

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 05:02:16 »
I tried to build a pi-hole and it broke everything. The main reason I did it was for my Roku TV and my iPhones but it didn't even work on those or half the pages on chrome. The other half said "hey we noticed you've got an adblocker, please disable." In the end it was a pain to unravel everything especially with resetting my iPhone's ip settings. I'll try again one day but for now I don't have the heart.  :'(

That’s interesting, I don’t think I’ve once had a page tell me I’m using an adblocker with PiHole, since all that it does is not resolve the IP address of the add and instead load whitespace, essentially. The only time I get an adblocking warning these days is with the build in tracker and ad blocking in Brave, the moment I turn that off temporarily, things stop complaining.

The beauty of PiHole and the pain is that you can be very explicit about what you want to allow, so if I ever get an issue I’ll often find myself going into the query log on the PiHole and having to whitelist stuff, it’s often very obvious; the thing will be in red and you just click the ‘whitelist’ button, easy peasy :)

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 23:08:32 »

That’s interesting, I don’t think I’ve once had a page tell me I’m using an adblocker with PiHole, since all that it does is not resolve the IP address of the add and instead load whitespace, essentially. The only time I get an adblocking warning these days is with the build in tracker and ad blocking in Brave, the moment I turn that off temporarily, things stop complaining.

The beauty of PiHole and the pain is that you can be very explicit about what you want to allow, so if I ever get an issue I’ll often find myself going into the query log on the PiHole and having to whitelist stuff, it’s often very obvious; the thing will be in red and you just click the ‘whitelist’ button, easy peasy :)

Right, that’s what I thought I was getting but it didn’t work for me. I know I did something wrong, I just haven’t Devoted the time to figure out what yet.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 16:15:09 »
Is Edge better than Chrome at this point? It feels weird saying that but I think it may be (nearly) true. Just the sheer amount of memory Chrome uses is crazy, and the browser as a whole has been getting worse and worse over the years. Meanwhile I used Edge for a while today and it's not so bad.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 16:23:41 »
Is Edge better than Chrome at this point? It feels weird saying that but I think it may be (nearly) true. Just the sheer amount of memory Chrome uses is crazy, and the browser as a whole has been getting worse and worse over the years. Meanwhile I used Edge for a while today and it's not so bad.

We've started recommending the new Chromium Edge in some situations at work, it does seem like a promising development.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 22:54:08 »
I believe it about the new Edge vs. Chrome.

There's a setting in Chrome that causes it to use more memory and cpu* in Windows, they were asked to disable it and decided not to. The Edge version disables this, I wouldn't be surprised if Chromium and Brave also disable it.

*I don't remember the setting but if I remember right it's a lot of resources for such a small performance gain. Gotta win those benchmarks!
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 03:07:42 »
I wouldn't be surprised if Chromium and Brave also disable it.

Not sure about Brave. I personally find it fine, but I've got a fair amount of RAM - it's using 1GB of RAM in 15 threads at the moment, but I've not compared against Chrome in a fair while, so I can't tell if that's good or not for a dozen tabs.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 13:25:18 »

I should use Edge for a while and see how it compares to FF. I did load a single web page with it the other day out of a bare minimum of curiosity and it seemed very fast. Chrome has sucked since it came out though. It beat FF in speed ... sometimes (if you didn't start running out of RAM), and was worse in every other way, besides maybe the sheer volume of extensions that eventually came out for it ... since they somehow convinced everyone they did extensions first. Since FF Quantum came out almost 3 years ago now, I don't think Chrome has even come close again in speed.

Brave seemed a bit too slow for me, but I uninstalled it from all systems a few years ago now, just like Waterfox

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 13:45:18 »
I've been running the Chromium based Edge lately, so far everything works and adblocker has been strong on it.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline funkmon

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 05:55:09 »

I should use Edge for a while and see how it compares to FF. I did load a single web page with it the other day out of a bare minimum of curiosity and it seemed very fast. Chrome has sucked since it came out though. It beat FF in speed ... sometimes (if you didn't start running out of RAM), and was worse in every other way, besides maybe the sheer volume of extensions that eventually came out for it ... since they somehow convinced everyone they did extensions first. Since FF Quantum came out almost 3 years ago now, I don't think Chrome has even come close again in speed.

Brave seemed a bit too slow for me, but I uninstalled it from all systems a few years ago now, just like Waterfox

I like edge, and I think it runs best on my laptop, but I think it's really inconsistent and I don't like Microsoft changing its rendering engine and making some new **** up every few years. I think it used to use blink or some ****, and that was fantastic too. Edge has always been good, IMO.

Anyway, I've been using Vivaldi, but I'm considering going back to Firefox. I haven't decided. I do like their rendering engine better.

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 10:53:07 »
We weren't able to block certain ads until a week ago, but now it's completely improved! (in Chrome)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:49:09 »
I have completely moved over to the newest version of Edge (chromium base), so far just seems to run better over-all for my use case.  Also for adblock I always end up back using uBlock Origin.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D