Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1404238 times)

Offline luminor

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 08:12:15 »
watching Sherlock Holmes Season 3 :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 18:20:54 »
watching Sherlock Holmes Season 3 :thumb:

Mmm dat ep.3

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 18:23:30 »
Spent all day in the ER with a family member. GI issues are really ****ty, but it looks like we're going to come through the other end okay.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 18:35:32 »
Spent all day in the ER with a family member. GI issues are really ****ty, but it looks like we're going to come through the other end okay.

Been there done that too many times.

Right now both my kids are sick :/

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #354 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 18:38:20 »

Bummer :(. I hope they get well soon!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 18:40:26 »

All the best riot and Ray, hope you and yours bounce back soon!

I'm right pissed off at the moment. Woke up early so I could watch the AFC Championship game, get 5 minutes in and my half-wit friend sends me a Facebook message telling me the winner. I'm going to choke him, I could be in bed right now.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 19 January 2014, 20:34:57 »
Oi I hope everyone's weekend ends on a better note!  Sorry to hear about your kids Ray-- you give them life and what do they do??? They get sick!  The gratitude :(

lol-- no family is super important.

Spent the day with my SO making up all of the BC orders to be ready to ship out.  Finished Saints Row IV.  Seriously that game is AWESOME :D
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline iri

« Reply #357 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 15:24:07 »
started slowly moving to saint petersburg.

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline regack

« Reply #358 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 15:30:03 »

Show Image

A beautiful city, good luck with your move

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 15:51:22 »
I finally figured out how to root my phone and put Cyanogenmod on it. Today, I am an alpha nerd, **** with me.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:00:39 »
I ate a super spicy burning hot kebab which still burns my throat after 8 hours. :blank:
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline iri

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:05:12 »

Show Image

A beautiful city, good luck with your move
thank you! ironically, i did the exact same thing exactly four years ago...
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:25:07 »
I finally figured out how to root my phone and put Cyanogenmod on it. Today, I am an alpha nerd, **** with me.

does everything still work?  8)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 16:59:35 »
Removed invasive plant species from wetlands in Chattahoochee National Park area along with my son. He gets credit for the work.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:01:22 »
Removed invasive plant species from wetlands in Chattahoochee National Park area along with my son. He gets credit for the work.

Well obviously, he had a machete and you had what seems to be a large drill bit.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 17:03:22 »

Well obviously, he had a machete and you had what seems to be a large drill bit.

Most of the time he was using the weed fork and I was using a yard ax.

Believe me, I removed more plants by weight than any other 4 people in the project, and my back will tell me so tomorrow.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 21:18:16 »
Today I avoided death. Same as yesterday! Tomorrow, we shall see.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 21:29:57 »
Made me a new key chain today in GH colors.

51773-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:15:14 »
Wake-up -> Eat -> Work -> Eat -> Sleep
Repeat until weekend...
-_-

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:31:56 »
Made me a new key chain today in GH colors.

(Attachment Link)

Monkey's Fist?  I'm impressed. That's not a knot everyone can do, nor is it a quick one to do.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 01:32:37 »
I walked all the way to school in snow. Surprisingly, a regular storm was colder than snow everywhere.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 02:26:07 »
nice! if you didn't tell everyone that you are so desperately old, i would have never guessed.`

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 14:37:52 »
Filed my letter of resignation. P.s. wow, the Internet connection in Moscow metro actually works.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 14:38:46 »

does everything still work?  8)

Actually MMS hasn't been working and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 03:57:54 »
Filed my letter of resignation. P.s. wow, the Internet connection in Moscow metro actually works.

Wow - big move.  Hope things are working out for you :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:35:12 »

Wow - big move.  Hope things are working out for you :)
thank you!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline luminor

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:01:34 »
working.... get home... and find a white box with bro fist sticker, grab a small knife and open it... i found 3 beautiful brobots inside the box

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #377 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:07:37 »
Spent only two hours sleeping at night, desperately trying to focus on my computation theory textbook&slides for the rest of the time. Came to school ridiculously tired and nervous, because I knew I was damned, if I had to prove Cook's theorem or something like that. Instead, the professor asked me, what question did I want. I was too confused to answer. Got some definitions around NP-completeness and recursion theorem and left ridiculously surprised with an A. g.g.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 15:38:44 »
Today I learned something about my 401K.

I'm starting a new trend on GeekHack. We're learning how to save money. Viva la revolution.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 15:42:36 »
Today I learned something about my 401K.

I'm starting a new trend on GeekHack. We're learning how to save money. Viva la revolution.

I'm hoping to put $5k in a Roth IRA this year.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 15:43:43 »
Viva la revolution.

I also plan on putting money into a Roth IRA.

* CPTBadAss high fives riotonthebay

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 15:45:58 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 17:05:30 »
Viva la revolution.

I also plan on putting money into a Roth IRA.

* CPTBadAss high fives riotonthebay

I opened a Roth IRA about a year ago!  Yay!  And then I joined geekhack and spent all my money...     :rolleyes:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #383 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 08:27:04 »
I opened a Roth IRA about a year ago!  Yay!  And then I joined geekhack and spent all my money...     :rolleyes:

What if, you buy one less cap, then put the money you have in the bank?? :P

Don't worry, you can still blow your tax return on a metal cased custom

Offline iri

« Reply #384 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 09:41:49 »
spent all the day in my bed learning go language. got the first job offer for the current work seach period (the recruiter called and said "i'm ready to send you an offer, but please note, there will be no scala in the project, only java" haha).

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #385 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 23:14:07 »
I finally got the Tripod and External Lamp out. First time since joining here. Some awesome photos will be spread throughout the threads within the next couple days.

;)

EDIT: Uploaded last night and today are the rest.  :cool:
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 15:23:32 by dustinhxc »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #386 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 23:20:26 »
I finally got the Tripod and External Lamp out. First time since joining here. Some awesome photos will be spread throughout the threads within the next couple days.

;)

Awww, snap.   :thumb:

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:36:10 »
Sherlock marathon.

Offline iri

« Reply #388 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 14:44:30 »
just watched "the guard". didn't like the ending. also it's funny to realize that the only character whose speech was clear to me was black american.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 19:18:18 »
I maxed out my dropbox referrals with a virtual machine to get 16GB of additional storage.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:23:10 »
I maxed out my dropbox referrals with a virtual machine to get 16GB of additional storage.

Can you elaborate? You were able to do it all on one VM?

Offline Comment

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:38:00 »
Built a 6 ft high drop in out of snow with a little kicker going into a nice pvc rail. Was dope while it lasted but then a neighbor called the cops cause it was too much on her property.  Cop didnt care and told her to stop calling. Solid day of backyard snowboarding  :p
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 20:40:24 »

Do tell,

I tried this once and it didn't work. I restored snapshots after getting the referral and it said I already signed up.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 21:39:17 »

Do tell,

I tried this once and it didn't work. I restored snapshots after getting the referral and it said I already signed up.

Note: The connection I'm on has a dynamic IP.  I am not sure if this will work if you have a static IP and can't change your IP address

I followed the instruction here (http://sweetpepperspray.blogspot.com/2012/04/getting-free-referrals-to-increase.html) but I had issues:
  • Snapshots didn't work so I just rebooted the virtual machine from the disk image and used the "Try Ubuntu" mode each time.
  • It started reporting referrals as ineligible after about 5 successful tries.  To get it working again, I had to recreate the VM (i.e. delete and set up a new one) and restart the DSL modem to get a different IP address (the connection I'm on has a dynamic IP; not sure if this will work if you have a static IP and can't change your IP address).

These are the steps that I took:
  • Download and install VirtualBox: http://download.virtualbox.org/
  • Download Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
  • Run VirtualBox and create a virtual machine.
  • Start the virtual machine that you created.  For the first time you run the virtual machine, select the Ubuntu disk image that you downloaded in Step # 2.  Let it boot and wait for the welcome screen.
  • At the welcome screen, choose the "TRY UBUNTU" option.  Let Ubuntu boot up.
  • Once booted, Run Firefox and go the the referral link from Step # 3.
  • Sign up for a new account.  Take note of the email address and password.  The email address does not have to be real or work.
  • Download Dropbox for Ubuntu (get the 32-bit or 64-bit depending on what Ubuntu you are using).
  • Once downloaded, open the deb file.  This will open in Ubuntu Software Center.
  • Once Ubuntu Software Center is running and showing Dropbox, click "Install".
  • A pop-up will appear.  Click "Run Dropbox".
  • When the Dropbox welcome screen appears, select "I already have a dropbox account".
  • Log in with the email address and password from Step # 9 and continue installing Dropbox.  500mb should then be credited to your Dropbox account for the referral.
  • Reboot the virtual machine.
  • Reboot the DSL modem to get another IP address.  Note: I'm not sure if this will work if you don't change your IP address (i.e. you have a static IP).
  • Repeat steps # 5 to 16 until you complete the 32 referrals for the maximum of 16gb additional space.

It took me about 8-10 minutes to run through step 5 to 16.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:11:57 »
Thanks for typing all of that out.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 22:22:11 »
Thanks for typing all of that out.

You're welcome!  I've had a significant amount of free time at work during my turnover.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #396 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 08:59:50 »
an easier way to get dropbox referrals, is google adwords, they often run "free $100 promotion" and you just run an ad with something like "Sign up on dropbox today and get 500MB additional free storage" I maxed out my referrals in about 3 days with this method, with plenty of credit leftover.

(Also it's not a violation of the TOS)

Offline daetsid

« Reply #397 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 09:48:53 »
tried brand new vintage blacks with PBT DYE SUB cherry and ABS DS Cherry...still don't know what to choose!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #398 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 13:19:31 »
Went skiing with borrowed Stöckli Laser SL (awesome!) and a 30-year-old overall (not so awesome).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #399 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 13:28:15 »
Today I am working in legendary pictures offices. And I want their Pacific rim toys and watchmen toys.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.