Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.  (Read 284049 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 06:51:06 »
(Attachment Link)

me and my canoe

Love how the red ano looks contrasts against that MAO white finish.  Perfection.

It's got a lot of cat hair in it already tho

Offline koduh

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 09:54:30 »
(Attachment Link)

me and my canoe

This thread waiting for Canoe news:

I'm just joking around. Just thought it was a good gif.  :p

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2018, 09:57:29 by koduh »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 04:42:27 »
Would it be possible to have some basic update, like anodization done, or im progresse, depending color and so on, pcb ready, just basic update.... it seems dificulte for a lot of person here to just take 1min of their time to type in some update after they cash in a ****load of money from us....

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 04:44:31 »
Would it be possible to have some basic update, like anodization done, or im progresse, depending color and so on, pcb ready, just basic update.... it seems dificulte for a lot of person here to just take 1min of their time to type in some update after they cash in a ****load of money from us....

beamingrobot doesn't know :/

When I asked beamingrobot, all he had to tell me was that Percent is apparently packing them, other than that, we just twiddle our thumbs and wait.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 04:47:03 »

When I asked beamingrobot, all he had to tell me was that Percent is apparently packing them, other than that, we just twiddle our thumbs and wait.

Ahah okay.. so this time we can blame percent lack of communication xD! There is always one people who don’t know that providing update is nice :p !

And thanks for the mini update, so we can expect a shipping quite soon:)?

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 05:09:11 »

Ahah okay.. so this time we can blame percent lack of communication xD! There is always one people who don’t know that providing update is nice :p !

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it seems closer to finished than otherwise? I've moved on for now, I'll be happy when I get another invoice haha (putting aside that it will leave me very close to a balance of 0 in my account :))).

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:11:17 »
Just a quick check; does the Canoe support split backspace? Looks like it doesn't right?

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:12:41 »
Just a quick check; does the Canoe support split backspace? Looks like it doesn't right?

Fairly certain the plate and PCB only support a single layout, so no.

EDIT: Here's my reference: https://imgur.com/a/PQkL7
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:15:54 by MxBlue »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:15:50 »

Ok, so 2u backspace & 6,25u space if I'm correct? (Looking for stabs, hence the question :P) Haven't found a possible layouts image yet.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 20:49:41 »

Ok, so 2u backspace & 6,25u space if I'm correct? (Looking for stabs, hence the question :P) Haven't found a possible layouts image yet.

You can see in the photos both standard ansi style and tsangan style bottom rows are supported by both the PCB and plate. The backspace does seem to be fixed layout tho.

Note the gaps on the left/right of the various keys on the bottom row and the extra socket next to the spacebar.

it looks most of the normal options are there, 7u or 6.25, and stepped or normal caps.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 00:24:11 »

We can not update you constantly because Percent is unpredictable.
3 months ago he said the MAO units are ready to ship, then 1 months ago he said the grey boards will go out first.
And 3 weeks ago he said he would ship out the black ones, and eventually we got some MAO units shipped out 2 weeks ago.

What would ppl think if we keep giving faults updates? Beamingrobot will update you once we have something solid.
Please be patient, we are doing our best, and I'm sure Percent is also working hard on it, but he is a guy who works 8-9 hours a day for his day job.
I'm in touch with Percent on almost a daily base. So nothing to worry about.
The last status I have is the MAO units will roll out this weekend, the black boards are packing, and grey parts are awaiting anodization due to a shut-down of the anodize shop lately. PCBs are ready long ago.

Offline deterouni

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 14:35:12 »

Be prepared to wait a year for this board.  I'm at almost a year from Percents Skog group buy with no end in sight.  Although it does look like hes given up on it and moved to fulfilling this one.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 19:05:19 »

Be prepared to wait a year for this board.  I'm at almost a year from Percents Skog group buy with no end in sight.  Although it does look like hes given up on it and moved to fulfilling this one.

Reading and interpreting what kingnestea said, let's go with no. Basically, Percent just kinda does his thing and eventually ships stuff out, so I'm sure when beamingrobot knows for sure he's getting a batch, he'll let us know if he wants to ship it out. No point giving false positives as kingnestea mentioned.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:27:13 »
Just got an email:

Your Canoe has arrived! We are in the midst of packing it. Once this invoice has been paid, we will be able to schedule your shipment.

I had one of the MAO finished ones.  Good news, boys!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:30:31 »
Update.

What I have with me now:

10 MAO units, packing them at the moment to have them out this coming week. If you have received an invoice it means yours is ready to go.

What I'm still waiting on:

Add-on kits (PCB + plate), rest of the units.

This also means that if you ordered a PCB + plate with your MAO unit it will have to wait, since I'll ship them out together.

I'll update more once I receive more units, hopefully soon.
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:33:43 »
Nice to hear!  :thumb:

Hopefully Percent finds an anodizing shop he likes before the end of the year  :))

Offline bminhz

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:48:05 »
yes. can't wait :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 02:11:10 »
Update.

What I have with me now:

10 MAO units, packing them at the moment to have them out this coming week. If you have received an invoice it means yours is ready to go.

This also means that if you ordered a PCB + plate with your MAO unit it will have to wait, since I'll ship them out together.

I cant complete the payment because it allows only credit card payment. I've replied to the mail and i hope this can be resolved asap in order to avoid a delay.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 April 2018, 02:18:58 by T0mb3ry »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #268 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 03:02:55 »
Update.

What I have with me now:

I cant complete the payment because it allows only credit card payment. I've replied to the mail and i hope this can be resolved asap in order to avoid a delay.

I gotchu fam, sending it to you now.

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 03:41:14 »
I gotchu fam, sending it to you now.

Paid. Thanks for the fast response and resolving the issue. Really appreciate it.

Offline yonghf

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 08:11:34 »

Possibly my most anticipated board of 2017 :D Shout out to kingnestea and beamingrobot for running this GB!

Offline CrimsonPelicon

« Reply #271 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 09:17:47 »
Hey Beaming, sent you a message about an address change because I took over brimstoner(aeryxz) spot. He told me he got an invoice and we thought it might be best if you send an invoice directly to me.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #272 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 09:27:04 »
Hey Beaming, sent you a message about an address change because I took over brimstoner(aeryxz) spot. He told me he got an invoice and we thought it might be best if you send an invoice directly to me.
I'll get back to you on this by tomorrow, don't pay the invoice first! :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #273 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 21:49:16 »
Show Image

Possibly my most anticipated board of 2017 :D Shout out to kingnestea and beamingrobot for running this GB!

damn, that's pretty
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sroop

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 22:12:31 »

May have to do the same thing, I took over Quantastrophus' spot but he hasn't responded to my messages today.

Offline CrimsonPelicon

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 22:14:11 »

Thanks! No rush, whenever you get a chance to respond to the message. Or there is a rush because who doesn't want their Canoe immediately  :))

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 00:24:01 »

Thanks! No rush, whenever you get a chance to respond to the message. Or there is a rush because who doesn't want their Canoe immediately  :))
Yep thanks for checking up on this Mr robot!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #277 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 07:47:09 »
Oh why did I not get the MAO version :( Still hyped nonetheless for my grey one :)
b o a r d s

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 11:17:30 »
The shipping was super fast. Thank you MONOKAI  :-*

I am so amazed by this board you cant believe me.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 11:20:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow!  Nice photography too.  Best shot I've seen to date.

Mine gets here in 3 days!  Can't wait.

Offline Harms

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 11:57:44 »
Spot Taken thanks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 April 2018, 18:33:43 by Harms »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 12:33:22 »
Giving my spot away if anyone is interested.

It was a Silver Canoe with a Teal plate.

Me me me!!  I am interested.

Offline typischt

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:16:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dayum, son! Almost regret that I wanted some extras and therefore my delivery is delayed! ;)
Looking super nice! What kind of switches and stabs are you planning to use?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:32:10 »
Retooled linear cherries with kin films, 52g springs (very light) and ofcourse lubed. "Gold" (as if) coated, clipped and lubed cherry stabs.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:35:14 by T0mb3ry »

Offline speedyzy

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:42:52 »
Giving my spot away if anyone is interested.

It was a Silver Canoe with a Teal plate.
im interested

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:48:55 »
Retooled linear cherries with kin films, 52g springs (very light) and ofcourse lubed. "Gold" (as if) coated, clipped and lubed cherry stabs.

What keycaps are you planning on using with such light switches?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:53:34 »

GMK 9009 or GMK Honeywell. Depends on color combo. I got other gmk sets which might complement white case. For example GMK Oblivion (gray alphas) which probably will look good on it.

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:32:30 »

GMK 9009 or GMK Honeywell. Depends on color combo. I got other gmk sets which might complement white case. For example GMK Oblivion (gray alphas) which probably will look good on it.

JTK Red Riot can't happen soon enough.
I'm so tired of spending $150+ on a set of GMK keycaps only to leave half of them in the tray because I'm putting them on a 60/65% keyboard.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 23:28:14 »
Missed another chance to get a Canoe.   :(

Anyone has a change of mind and want to let their Canoe go to a good home, let me know.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 00:56:59 »
congrats to those who has received their Canoe.

A quick update, the rest of MAO units are shipped last week to Beamingrobot, he'll process those orders ASAP.

Percent is shipping some black units and most of the add-on kits out this weekend.

MAO orders with add-on kit shall be able to ship by the time this batch arrives.

Grey parts are still not back from anodization yet.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 April 2018, 01:41:25 by kingnestea »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #290 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 04:06:49 »
I"m hoping that my unit will be one of those making its way to the post office.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #291 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 17:05:28 »
If anyone is looking to sell their white Mao unit please let me know

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 06:24:06 »
XPOST from Keyboard Photography
Some shots of Canoe with GMK 9009. Build it last night.
IMG_5690 by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
IMG_5595 by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
IMG_5651 by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr

You can see rest in my Canoe Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151659186@N03/albums/72157667727962798

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 11:42:41 »
XPOST from Keyboard Photography
Some shots of Canoe with GMK 9009. Build it last night.
Show Image
IMG_5690 by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
Show Image
IMG_5595 by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
Show Image
IMG_5651 by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr

You can see rest in my Canoe Album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151659186@N03/albums/72157667727962798

Amazing build and photos, sir.  I bet the led indicator is the cherry on top of the icing for this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 11:51:40 »
Amazing build and photos, sir.  I bet the led indicator is the cherry on top of the icing for this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Actually the led in the right top corner cant be mapped as caps lock indicator. I've tried it via bootmapper but it does not offer the ability to pair capslock with that led. This is sad ofcourse becuase such feature would be really that cherry on top of icecream.
Anyway the led is off on my board because i do like just solid look without any lights.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 13:27:24 »

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Actually the led in the right top corner cant be mapped as caps lock indicator. I've tried it via bootmapper but it does not offer the ability to pair capslock with that led. This is sad ofcourse becuase such feature would be really that cherry on top of icecream.
Anyway the led is off on my board because i do like just solid look without any lights.

That stinks.  I actually forgot that it was running bootmapper.  I was thinking it was a custom ps2avr like the SKOG.  I believe that one has the ability to work with the led above the arrow cluster.

So what options are there for the led cutout on the Canoe?  Is it just the color of the RGB underglow settings? In-switch backlight settings?  I could live with that.  But yeah, Caps indicator would have been much nicer.

EDIT --
Okay, I see that it is 2 RGB leds that are configurable in bootmapper and function as a power indicator. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 April 2018, 14:43:00 by pixelpusher »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:49:10 »
Is there going to be Canoe R2? Thanks in advance and any information is appreciated.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 00:40:28 »
Also interested in this board if it ever runs again or if someone needs to get rid of their spots.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 00:49:55 »
Is there going to be Canoe R2? Thanks in advance and any information is appreciated.

i've heard that percent wants to focus on just running canoe and skog in the future

and maybe a 3rd design

this was a month or two ago at this point though so i don't know if it still holds up
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 April 2018, 00:54:08 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 13:52:44 »
I notice that the bottom doesn't have the spots for bumpons that I'm used to.
Just stick some on?