Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.  (Read 286365 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:18:34 »
i know of two separate people who are on PCB 4 and 5 respectively

How do they even have that many?

they got extras through someone who's close with percent

those are just the people in the west, i'm not sure about how many PCBs chinese users are on
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:36:54 »
Any idea what's causing this?
b o a r d s

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #552 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:38:41 »

i've got no idea but i haven't really been looking into it

seems like these have had quality issues across the board (if you have a grey one check for streaking in the ano) so i haven't gotten around to tracking the issues fully
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #553 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 10:20:17 »

seems like these have had quality issues across the board (if you have a grey one check for streaking in the ano) so i haven't gotten around to tracking the issues fully

no streaking, ano seems pretty good, would anyone try making replacement or aftermarket PCBs for these boards? Surely there would be a (small) market for them?
b o a r d s

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #554 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 11:27:11 »

no streaking, ano seems pretty good, would anyone try making replacement or aftermarket PCBs for these boards? Surely there would be a (small) market for them?

does the weight rattle around? i've noticed that issue before as well

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #555 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 11:58:52 »

Might have just been extremely unlucky but my case has ano fade on the grey the size of a fingerprint. In plain sight from the top. Who in the world even does qc for these?

Offline sroop

« Reply #556 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 12:04:39 »

Might have just been extremely unlucky but my case has ano fade on the grey the size of a fingerprint. In plain sight from the top. Who in the world even does qc for these?

I have the same thing on mine - so annoying to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #557 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 12:08:37 »

I have the same thing on mine - so annoying to look at.

Have you PMed Beamingrobot about it? I've sent him a pm around 2 weeks ago now I think and still waiting for some sort of reply.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #558 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 13:59:09 »
Hmm... How hard is it for someone who knows how to design PCBs to just copy this?  I'd be more than happy to join a GB for PCBs

Offline .

« Reply #559 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:14:24 »
Hmm... How hard is it for someone who knows how to design PCBs to just copy this?  I'd be more than happy to join a GB for PCBs
Creating a PCB with the same functionality is probably not that hard. Thing is, one would need an original to take measurements from. I could probably do it, but I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #560 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:17:30 »

Creating a PCB with the same functionality is probably not that hard. Thing is, one would need an original to take measurements from. I could probably do it, but I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days.
I've got an original one I'll contribute lol, it's useless and going in the trash anyway

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #561 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:18:42 »
How awesome would it be to run a GB for PCBs and at the same time run that wooden canoe sandwich design.   Where did I see that?  I’m thinking it was in a TopClack stream? 

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #562 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:31:46 »
How awesome would it be to run a GB for PCBs and at the same time run that wooden canoe sandwich design.   Where did I see that?  I’m thinking it was in a TopClack stream?

That is Koduh’s Kayak board.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #563 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:38:58 »
I would be in for a PCB or two if there was a group buy!

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 01:32:34 »

does the weight rattle around? i've noticed that issue before as well

No rattle, fit is perfect.

Btw, I had to reach out to someone who knows someone that knows Percent to get 2 sets of PCB and plate. Let the wait begin. Again.
b o a r d s

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #565 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 01:36:25 »
I've contacted mates of mine who may be willing to help design and run a batch of QMK based PCBs for the Canoe, but we'll see where that ends up. They're both a touch busy, so it'll probs happen down the line if someone else doesn't do it first.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:24:47 »
Some extra PCB will be available from Beamingrobot with the R2 batch

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:25:39 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:17:04 by clasicks »

Offline crcstig

« Reply #568 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:43:04 »
Is there any update on the kits with addon PCBs? All this talk about extras and 2nd group buys is making me upset when I haven't even gotten an invoice for shipping of round 1. Do I need to PM beamingrobot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:43:19 »
Some extra PCB will be available from Beamingrobot with the R2 batch

I hate to be that guy, but do you really want more of the same dead and dying pcb's?

I have no idea what happened with this batch(or did anything really happen? I count less than 5 ppl here with issue that couldn't be fixed simply with a reflow. Else than this, all I can see here is bullsh*t), but I have 4 built Canoe PCBs here( 2 of them are over a year old now), none of them have any issue.
Neither any of my friends have issue with the PCB, and tbh, Canoe/Skog sold a lot more in China, and I have never heard of any general issue with the PCB.
But we have asked the PCB guy to check every single PCB with the next batch before he ships.

For the record, 2 guys in China reported issues with their Canoe PCB and got replaced while Canoe has sold more than 150 kits in China now.
And Percent never sold any indiviual PCBs because he's not the PCB maker, he orders the exact amount he needs for GBs, he lacks sometimes PCBs when there is any with issue.
This is the reason why the add-on kits from R1 is not shipping yet. PCBs will come with the R2 batch.

The only Canoe PCBs sales was through me because I have direct contact with the PCB maker, and that sales was to Oblotzky and some friends in EU, all PCBs are tested with no issue by Oblotzky.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 June 2018, 10:27:09 by kingnestea »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:44:25 »
Is there any update on the kits with addon PCBs? All this talk about extras and 2nd group buys is making me upset when I haven't even gotten an invoice for shipping of round 1. Do I need to PM beamingrobot?

The remaining 2 black kits and add-on kits are coming with the first shipment of R2

Offline crcstig

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:46:13 »
Do you have any idea on an ETA? I appreciate the response.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #572 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:46:56 »
I might be interested in a custom PCB if it supports the LED strip and split backspace (I am aware that the plate doesn't support it)

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #573 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:48:33 »

I don't, as I stated earlier in this thread, Percent is quite unpredictable.
But I'm bugging him every week for those. Doing all I can do to help concluding the R1 orders.

Offline crcstig

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:51:47 »

I don't, as I stated earlier in this thread, Percent is quite unpredictable.
But I'm bugging him every week for those. Doing all I can do to help concluding the R1 orders.
Alright, again, I appreciate the response and update, and I wish you and beamingrobot the best luck with R2.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 15:41:33 »
If I had to take a guess, the PCBs might be just dying in international shipping, with temperature changes.

While a reflow may seem simple enough to you or me kingnestea, please do understand that not everyone who purchased from this group buy is capable of resolving this issue.

I appreciate the update, but you do need to understand that this issue is less than trivial to us, even if it just works for in China.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 16:04:26 »
If I had to take a guess, the PCBs might be just dying in international shipping, with temperature changes.

While a reflow may seem simple enough to you or me kingnestea, please do understand that not everyone who purchased from this group buy is capable of resolving this issue.

I appreciate the update, but you do need to understand that this issue is less than trivial to us, even if it just works for in China.

Better packaging may help I guess.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #577 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 16:07:04 »

Nope, the pcbs are packaged as well as can be expected. I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like it's to do with the type and amount of solder used for assembly. I guess the ENIG finish on the pads may also be a factor.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 17:00:30 »

Nope, the pcbs are packaged as well as can be expected. I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like it's to do with the type and amount of solder used for assembly. I guess the ENIG finish on the pads may also be a factor.

I see. I am still debating whether to have my mom personally carry my two Canoe kits in carry-on to US or have them shipped.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 17:35:22 »

Thank you, the fact that these PCBs have to be reflowed is a flaw in it's own. A "simple fix" should not have to be required when purchasing a high dollar product.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #580 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 23:22:13 »
They should just get an electric skillet and reflow all the pcbs before they send them lol

Offline giangpn

« Reply #581 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 00:17:44 »
hmmm, it maybe weird to ask but anybody with a black top want to trade for a silver top?  :p
I see dead people.

Offline MightyFineShindig

« Reply #582 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 06:14:53 »
To anyone who built their Canoes with Zealios or Tealios, did you clip the legs?
Canoe | MxSS | M60-A | Aegis | Unikorn | Constellation

Offline sroop

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 07:00:45 »
To anyone who built their Canoes with Zealios or Tealios, did you clip the legs?
Nope.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #584 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 08:28:53 »
Hey all, some small updates.

Firstly to all who are waiting on the addon kits, my apologies for the long wait. We've been bugging Percent constantly (esp kingnestea) and the plate + pcbs should be on their way to the shipping company soonish. That's about as much as we know for now.

I've ordered 20 extra PCBs with the help of kingnestea which are not part of the main buy. I've paid for those and have received a tracking number, ETA should be next week if everything goes well. I will give some details on how these PCBs will be sold later on, but please bear in mind I will only prioritize: those who are waiting on their addon kits and those who are in the buy.

As for Round 2, there will be news when I receive it. The entire set of R2 has been paid for, and I'll update on when it goes on sale etc once I receive it. That will be FCFS, announcement will be done via this thread and no place else.

http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline crcstig

« Reply #585 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 08:33:03 »

Firstly to all who are waiting on the addon kits, my apologies for the long wait. We've been bugging Percent constantly (esp kingnestea) and the plate + pcbs should be on their way to the shipping company soonish. That's about as much as we know for now.

Very much appreciated! Looking forward to receiving my board. The wait has been killing me, but I totally understand, and appreciate the communication. Thanks!

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #586 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 08:38:51 »
Thanks for the update! I would love to pick up a spare PCB if possible.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #587 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 08:40:55 »
I would also like to pick up a spare PCB since mine (from this buy) stopped working.  :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #588 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 09:24:01 »
Would love an extra PCB/Plate for if/when my reflow job on the MCU craps out

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #589 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 00:29:39 »
I'd like to get an extra pcb for my board when they become available.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #590 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 11:02:19 »
I'm in need of a PCB also.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #591 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 12:45:06 »
I've spent 2 months scouring around for a working PCB

Offline noremac_c

« Reply #592 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 16:34:42 »
I'm looking to grab one of those "Keeb-Bags" going on sale, but unfortunately, I am in the group waiting for the add on kits. Can someone who has theirs already give me the outside dimensions of the case, maybe even with GMK caps if possible? It would be very appreciated.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #593 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 17:12:02 »

I've ordered 20 extra PCBs with the help of kingnestea which are not part of the main buy. I've paid for those and have received a tracking number, ETA should be next week if everything goes well. I will give some details on how these PCBs will be sold later on, but please bear in mind I will only prioritize: those who are waiting on their addon kits and those who are in the buy.

As for Round 2, there will be news when I receive it. The entire set of R2 has been paid for, and I'll update on when it goes on sale etc once I receive it. That will be FCFS, announcement will be done via this thread and no place else.

Oof FCFS. I am at work most of the times i work 6 days a week now :d. I can't take free unless i report it 2 weeks before. This is probably gonna break my chances to get a Canoe PepeHands.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline longnt

My Canoe from China GB

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/FwxV3fG

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
My Canoe from China GB

Show Image

Show Image

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/FwxV3fG
Beautiful board.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
I'm looking to grab one of those "Keeb-Bags" going on sale, but unfortunately, I am in the group waiting for the add on kits. Can someone who has theirs already give me the outside dimensions of the case, maybe even with GMK caps if possible? It would be very appreciated.

They fit in the 60% one - I had mine in one of the bags at the Uk meetup on Saturday

Offline ferviditypow

love this mark

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 HTC_M10h 發送

Offline Choobies

They fit in the 60% one - I had mine in one of the bags at the Uk meetup on Saturday

How snugly does it fit?  I measured my Canoe to be 12.50"/317.5mm.  The 60% keebag measurement says 300x110x45.

Offline yuppie

Something is a little weird with my new Canoe. BootMapperClient won't allow me to use SHIFT + ESC to call the ~ key.

On my old canoe, tilde works fine. On the new canoe, it doesn't. I even copied the HEX from the old canoe and flashed it to the new one.

Still no dice. Nothing wrong with the board or the pcb at all. FN + SHIFT + ESC works fine to call tilde, but my old canoe can do it with SHIFT + ESC and I'd like to duplicate the behavior.

Any tips?

I'm also in the market for another PCB and Plate, not because anything is wrong but because I'd like to do the bandaid mod on my old canoe.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist