Author Topic: best wireless (bluetooth?) mouse for convenient desktop use (transportable)  (Read 9178 times)

Offline damex

hello,
  please help to me to find something really good. i plan to carry it to the office and back home. i would carry it along with my hhkb pro2+hasu bluetooth custom controller.

last mouse i got - roccat lua. i have it since 2016. use it rarely (inconvenient) and it still works well.

mouse i used before - couple of logitech g500 and some bloody mouse with shape similar to g500 (sucked a lot and died (worn down) very fast).

what i would love to see:
  - similar size to g500 mouse or roccat lua. it should not be super tiny, super slim mouse.
  - light or adjustable weight
  - no extra stuff like dpad on the side or anything like that (non-intrusive couple o extra buttons is 'okay')
  - no crazy shape to fit in a bag to carry
  - it does not need to have crazy high dpi
  - no continously blinking leds or anything like that (would distract)
  - good sensor
  - it has to be bluetooth (in worst case it could atleast use logitech unifying receiver)

last example of that i tried is that 'office' logitech wireless mouses. they are horrible. shape is not right. sensor feels very bad compared to trackpoint on my thinkpad t480 or roccat lua.
  i checked some other mouses that people buy here for the office (i guess <20~25$) and they are all tiny and unusable.

no budget set for that. could cost any sane amount of money. is <400$ is sane enough?

thank you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 August 2018, 07:09:15 by damex »

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
Here's a few suggestions :)

Wireless: Logitech G305 (or G304 in Asian countries)
Bluetooth: Logitech MX Anywhere (1 or 2, both are fine), or MX Master (bigger, yet more comfortable grip imo)

When it comes to wireless mice, I think you won't go wrong with Logitech.  :thumb:

Offline damex

Bluetooth: Logitech MX Anywhere (1 or 2, both are fine), or MX Master (bigger, yet more comfortable grip imo)

When it comes to wireless mice, I think you won't go wrong with Logitech.  :thumb:

thank you.

how about logitech g603 and g703 compared to g305/g304? they even seem to be bluetooth capable.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker

thank you.

how about logitech g603 and g703 compared to g305/g304? they even seem to be bluetooth capable.

Logitech G603 has a similar shape to G403, which is nice and it also has bluetooth.
However, while it has the new HERO sensor that Logitech offers, most people didn't like it because of the weight.
Unlike the G305, it uses 2x AA batteries which easily brings the total weight up to 135g (you can use 1x AA and make it ~115g, but it feels unbalanced)

The G703 is like the updated version of the G403 wireless but it doesn't offer bluetooth connectivity.
Also, it doesn't use the new HERO sensor which is more power efficient than the 3366 sensor.
Depending on how much usage, you might find yourself charging the mouse more often compared to other models I've mentioned.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Get the G305.. Best wireless mouse..

If the shape is not good for your hand, then G603 is the second best..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls

Looked at the Logitech MX 2 (I think that's what it was called) - Beautiful looking mouse. Definitely getting that at some point.

Offline syris226

I've used two MX Anywhere mice and I second what others are saying - it's very, very good and ultra-portable. Recently I have gotten a Logitech G703 wireless for traveling and I love it. Yes it's bigger and less "portable" but it is so comfortable to use and gaming with it on the go is a lot more comfortable as well. So, there's my second endorsement.

Overall, I would say stick with Logitech since myself and others I know have had great experiences with their wireless products. I can't speak to Razer or Steelseries (which seem a bit overpriced to boot). GL!  :cool:

Offline damex

thank you.

i tried g304/g305... didn't felt right.

mx anywhere series was tiny/felt wrong. master is huge, it is just 'transportable'... i found it to be something weird and not comfortable.

tried g403 and g603 and they was so good shape wise and feature/utility wise.

picked g603 due to bluetooth compatibility (works perfectly fine), good (purrfect) shape, 2xAA and lack of rubber coating that become sticky after couple of months of use. that mice seem to solve all my requirements.

my only complain is weird linux support (works fine but configuration is weird) but it still works fine with libratbag.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
thank you.

i tried g304/g305... didn't felt right.

mx anywhere series was tiny/felt wrong. master is huge, it is just 'transportable'... i found it to be something weird and not comfortable.

tried g403 and g603 and they was so good shape wise and feature/utility wise.

picked g603 due to bluetooth compatibility (works perfectly fine), good (purrfect) shape, 2xAA and lack of rubber coating that become sticky after couple of months of use. that mice seem to solve all my requirements.

my only complain is weird linux support (works fine but configuration is weird) but it still works fine with libratbag.

Use their included transmitter, it's way way better than blutooth.

The mouse doesn't need both batteries , you can use a single AA,  it just halves the battery life, which is going to be over a month anyway.

You can also get it lighter by using a foil ball (spacer) and an AAA battery.