Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20193631 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #4100 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:00:38 »
I can only do potato pics right now, I can get good ones on Monday (maybe)

Here is what I got from their site:
Show Image

It's very dark and rich
looks like more of a selection than the place I went to also slightly different colors, whats going to be the kicker is the price though.

$3 a plate for any color as long as there are 10 plates on a rack. If it's only a single plate on a rack then it's $30

Orange or purple plates? :O

YUP SON, THINK OF THE CASES BOY

Blue and purple are also very nice, same as purple and orange. I don't like brown, but this sample is really nice.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4101 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:02:04 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich
looks like more of a selection than the place I went to also slightly different colors, whats going to be the kicker is the price though.

$3 a plate for any color as long as there are 10 plates on a rack. If it's only a single plate on a rack then it's $30

Blue and purple are also very nice, same as purple and orange. I don't like brown, but this sample is really nice.

When you do plates...let me know! I'll buy extra plates just for the colours!!
Can I send you my messed up Kmac 1 plate? I should doll it up before it goes on my wall :D

Offline Garples

« Reply #4102 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:13:42 »
New caps from techkeys.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #4103 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:16:35 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

and word on a keyboard 3 pieces (top, bottom, plate)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4104 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:19:19 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Can I send you my messed up Kmac 1 plate? I should doll it up before it goes on my wall :D

Plates for what? GH60 or phantom, I'm not 100% sure I'm doing either. I don't have a ton of time, but I can get them a bit cheaper than WFD. I have talked to boost about shipping to him for distribution, but he never got back to me about cost :(

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4105 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:20:02 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Once I finish my design I'll send the drawings to a couple machine shops and this anodizing place.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4106 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:22:06 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Plates for what? GH60 or phantom, I'm not 100% sure I'm doing either. I don't have a ton of time, but I can get them a bit cheaper than WFD. I have talked to boost about shipping to him for distribution, but he never got back to me about cost :(

ALL THE PLATES!! Lol

Just want to say I'm very interested, if it can be done. Don't worry if you can't, we will survive. :)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #4107 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 02:36:29 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Once I finish my design I'll send the drawings to a couple machine shops and this anodizing place.
awesome because all GH60s should be orange :D

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4108 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:01:42 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

'cept one purple, that one is mine!!!!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4109 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:03:35 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Ahem. Two purp please

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4110 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:11:54 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Ahem. Two purp please

Maybe   :p

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4111 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:13:33 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Ahem. Two purp please

You're enjoying toying with me aren't you :p

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4112 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:15:39 »

Show Image

It's very dark and rich

Ahem. Two purp please

You're enjoying toying with me aren't you :p

No  :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4113 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 03:17:41 »
I don't even know what were discussing anymore! But no purple for me.
At least orange shall be mine!

Offline mickd

« Reply #4114 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 06:53:57 »
Haha wow that's some massive quote-ception going on in those replies.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #4115 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 06:59:36 »
Haha wow that's some massive quote-ception going on in those replies.
you havnt seen quotes until youve seen my pms :D

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #4116 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 07:23:59 »
I got a letter saying that my keyboard arrived Jan 2nd, and I have 14 days to pay customs to receive it. FML :D
HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #4117 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 07:27:00 »
I got a letter saying that my keyboard arrived Jan 2nd, and I have 14 days to pay customs to receive it. FML :D
DAMN YOU CUSTOMS!!!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4118 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 07:27:51 »
:o shouldn't be happy about that :3 you just lost your keyboard.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #4119 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 07:40:52 »
If it works like Australia, he has 14 days from the date of receipt of the letter, not the 2nd.

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #4120 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 08:53:03 »
If it works like Australia, he has 14 days from the date of receipt of the letter, not the 2nd.

Went to the post office and they told me they sent it back. Now I'm afraid to buy a keyboard from the east, which is a must when you want an US layout board in ISO region.
HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #4121 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 08:56:48 »

Went to the post office and they told me they sent it back. Now I'm afraid to buy a keyboard from the east, which is a must when you want an US layout board in ISO region.

Ouch that sucks dude, paying for postage twice is never fun, if you only just recieved that letter that should fall on their responsibility to pay for postage back to you. Sorry to hear that man.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #4122 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:03:27 »

Ouch that sucks dude, paying for postage twice is never fun, if you only just recieved that letter that should fall on their responsibility to pay for postage back to you. Sorry to hear that man.

I sold one of my keyboard for 120$ shipped, 40$ is already the shipping, it was sent back and I had to send it back again...
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #4123 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:06:34 »

I sold one of my keyboard for 120$ shipped, 40$ is already the shipping, it was sent back and I had to send it back again...

Oh damn man, I really hate post offices when they do  that crap.

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #4124 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:11:41 »

At least it was just a Ducky with black alps. I learned the lesson for the probably lowest price possible and going to avoid the regular post in the future.
HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #4125 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 09:50:27 »
Makes me wonder why, if someone is going to print "Control" on the keycap instead of "Ctrl", why not print "Alternative" (or "Alternate" if you prefer US spelling) instead of just "Alt"?

The alternative to abbreviating 'Alternative'  is a smaller font

understood, but 'alternate' != 'alternative' except to those that understand the meaning behind the misuse.

e.g. I like to alternate between using left shift and right shift as the alternative is not proper form.

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #4126 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 10:25:15 »

Oh damn man, I really hate post offices when they do  that crap.

I know, I lost a lot of mails too, it makes me feel bad and don't even know what to tell the buyer. And my stuff got lost in the mail 2-3 times last month. -_-
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #4127 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 10:51:47 »
The actual contents of that fine box picture is another one of my "super custom" sized wrist rest's from GH's resident wood master The_Beast.
This one is going to the work office, so its just plain old maple unlike the other one he made for me. Still the nicest rest's you can buy
I also don't like I ever posted any pictures of the Raptor Gaming K1 I got a while back, so here that is as well
Show Image

Show Image

Did it finally arrive? Wow, that took awhile! Congrats!

Thanks! I've had it for a while and haven't done anything with it yet as the original ISO part is broken. So I cheated and just put the 1863 into the K1 case instead for the pic :)
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #4128 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 11:24:46 »
Ohhh so that's what you did...I thought some wizardry was involved cause I remember you talking about the ISO version lol

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #4129 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 13:50:46 »
Stupid mailman arrived 2 hours earlier than normal while I was out. I got a Tan "We have your stuff and you can't have it until Monday" slip :(

MX Mini pics on Monday.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline el2k

« Reply #4130 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 14:10:42 »
Stupid mailman arrived 2 hours earlier than normal while I was out. I got a Tan "We have your stuff and you can't have it until Monday" slip :(

MX Mini pics on Monday.

You'll love it, Can't stop looking at mine and smiling.
sc00pz for life

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #4131 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 14:12:17 »
You'll love it, Can't stop looking at mine and smiling.
I'm excited about it, I think the F key placement will be really nice for SC2. The case is acrylic in the middle with aluminum on the top and bottom layers. Wish I could buy the LZ-mini case for it.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4132 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 15:04:26 »
Raptor is also an 186* isn't it? So basically you just made the ansi version of the K1. What's wrong with the K1 pcb?

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #4133 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 15:05:15 »
Got these actually yesterday...

Offline metafour

« Reply #4134 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 15:15:36 »

Show Image

Now Dan, if you picked these up in person and they didn't come by USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. you can't post them in here. This is for products that you got in the so-called "mail."

I forgive you though.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #4135 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 15:20:49 »

Show Image

Now Dan, if you picked these up in person and they didn't come by USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. you can't post them in here. This is for products that you got in the so-called "mail."

I forgive you though.

+2
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #4136 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 15:34:03 »
You guys are absolutely right.  I'm sorry.

Offline imersa

• clickclack's #1 fan
« Reply #4137 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:07:40 »

Got some gold acrylic,

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #4138 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:17:26 »
You guys are absolutely right.  I'm sorry.
Don't worry about it. I think they're cool! I have a cherry Tsangan kit coming soon. :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4139 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:25:57 »
Show Image

Got some gold acrylic,

Ahem....TSANGAN LOVES GOOOOOOOLD!

Offline imersa

• clickclack's #1 fan
« Reply #4140 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:27:40 »
Got something pretty interesting planned :)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #4141 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:45:51 »
This gold is really nice

Source: http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mid=photo&page=26&document_srl=5346586

My 356pad is similar to the acrylic gold you have shown, not as a huge of a fan of the dark yellowness of it, but gold is a hard colour to do without the shine it's just a deep yellow

Keyboardless

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4142 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:48:58 »
Fack dem are sweet Tsangan! That pad..omnomnom

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #4143 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 17:56:23 »
Raptor is also an 186* isn't it? So basically you just made the ansi version of the K1. What's wrong with the K1 pcb?
that is correct, the 1863 & K1 are the same thing.

some of the switches on the K1 ISO's PCB got damaged in shipping because I'm a dumb ass and told the seller to leave it partially disassembled to save me time to-do the same when it arrived. In hindsight that obviously wasn't a good idea as some of the leaf's got bent and those switches need to be completely replaced :(
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4144 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:32:11 »

why fack dem?

what did i do to you :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4145 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:33:41 »

why fack dem?

what did i do to you :(

Mmm let me reiterate.

Oh my goodness, those are sweet Tsangan! demik is a scholar and a gentleman, I would ask him for tea on the morrow.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4146 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:37:35 »
lmao

i watched avengers last night. you did a good job in it Santa Scarlett GIRLSHARK WIZBRO Johansson Claus
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4147 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 18:38:29 »
lmao

i watched avengers last night. you did a good job in it Santa Scarlett GIRLSHARK WIZBRO Johansson Claus

Hah, I just felt kinda useless in that! But mmmm I looked bloody hot! I turn myself on!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4148 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 23:09:23 »

Show Image

Whoa, is that a Wyse tsangan kit?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #4149 on: Sat, 26 January 2013, 23:35:32 »
Yessir! I think he picked his up from i3oiler. :)