Author Topic: NOS Leopold FC200R MX Clear  (Read 2937 times)

Offline mushman

NOS Leopold FC200R MX Clear
« on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 19:02:30 »

Offline cribbit

Re: NOS Leopold FC200R MX Clear
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 02:17:38 »
Is an auction really a great find though? I feel like half of the find is the price. Unless something is ridiculously rare, but this isn't that hard to find.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 03:08:14 »
I haven't seen one of these in years. Most of the FC200Rs with Clears were the black variants. IIRC EK had few white variants back when they were first sold in 2011.

Is an auction really a great find though? I feel like half of the find is the price. Unless something is ridiculously rare, but this isn't that hard to find.

I'd say a fairly uncommon find. People have various choices of boards with MX Clears nowadays. Back then, this was pretty rare especially since it was unheard of for Leopold to carry anything other than the usual Black/Red/Brown/Blue switches.

Great board (still use mine on my workstation rig) and a nice pick up for anyone who wants a simple, solid keyboard with MX Clears.

Offline mushman

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:38:43 »
In the same time frame as the FC200R the only other board to have MX Clears was the Deck Legend 105.  When Leopold called these "Limited Edition" they weren't kidding.  They never produced another board with MX Clears since.

What's especially nice is the thick Leopold PBT sets on ebay from Widebasket include an extra space bar which will be compatible with the stem spacing on this board.  I used to have a couple FC200R's that I sold due to the space bar issue.  I regret it now!

FWIW I consider something rare when you throw a stack of money down, say you want a certain item and all you hear is crickets.  There may only have been a hundred or so of these produced in total.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 07:14:49 »
There may only have been a hundred or so of these produced in total.

Mmmmmmmm, wondering just how far you went with felching Brian  8) .

Offline mushman

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 21:15:12 »
There may only have been a hundred or so of these produced in total.

Mmmmmmmm, wondering just how far you went with felching Brian  8) .

?

Offline ebacho

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 03:16:40 »
I had one of these when they first came out.  Honestly, with so many other boards on the market that have similar or better build quality nowadays, I wouldn't pay a premium for this over a comparable TKL.

Offline cribbit

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 14:57:11 »
I had one of these when they first came out.  Honestly, with so many other boards on the market that have similar or better build quality nowadays, I wouldn't pay a premium for this over a comparable TKL.

but muh rarity

I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline cribbit

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 21:46:00 »
Ended at just $61 + shipping, not bad for whoever got it. I was considering it but my collection is already larger than I need...