Author Topic: Pro Wang  (Read 3411 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline Delirious

Re: Pro Wang
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 08:50:12 »
Hopefully whoever bids on it has the intention of collecting a working vintage computer. Keyboard poaching is just bad. You don't want people betting on Apple extended keyboard just for the metal logo then trash the board. Same goes for vintage computers. This is the reason why I only look for broken Apple IIc for harvesting switches.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 09:10:35 »
The keyboard should be KT F&F, btw.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 09:31:42 »
Hopefully whoever bids on it has the intention of collecting a working vintage computer. Keyboard poaching is just bad. You don't want people betting on Apple extended keyboard just for the metal logo then trash the board. Same goes for vintage computers. This is the reason why I only look for broken Apple IIc for harvesting switches.

Lol If someone here pays close to a $1000 to poach that keyboard they have deeper problems than poaching.  Also, with 5140s and Apple IICs, the fact that they are broken usually means they can be had for cheaper anyway.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 12:10:32 »
If you were to buy the Wang and someone said the obligatory "Do you even lift bro?" You could come back with "Do you even Wang bro?" Total mind fk. :p

I think it's really strange to see a 10mb HDD. As a kid, I thought the OS was loaded from a floppy on all computers. My family computer from the 80's was like that. MSDOS in one drive and impossible to play Mega Man in the other drive. Well not actual floppies, close I guess (5.25in)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 19:00:45 »
Damn, was somewhat hoping it was a cheap system running Wang VSOS in working condition to play around with.  Pretty awesome, though.