geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] DCS Alps Pingmaster // Replacement keys shipped to vendors

<< < (22/22)

Fredington:

--- Quote from: Puddsy on Tue, 04 October 2022, 11:25:41 ---
--- Quote from: Keagan458 on Tue, 04 October 2022, 00:39:44 ---Is anybody else having issues mounting their 7u spacebar?

--- End quote ---

DCS PBT has some known issues with some 7u bars and some types of stabs. also came up with DCS delftware

--- End quote ---

Which is why all of the spacebars 6u+ in this set were made using ABS. This is the first time I'm hearing of an issue with the spacebars with this set. Hoping for some more info.

Keagan458:

--- Quote from: Puddsy on Tue, 04 October 2022, 11:25:41 ---
--- Quote from: Keagan458 on Tue, 04 October 2022, 00:39:44 ---Is anybody else having issues mounting their 7u spacebar?

--- End quote ---

DCS PBT has some known issues with some 7u bars and some types of stabs. also came up with DCS delftware

--- End quote ---

Itís very difficult to mount and even when I do manage to get it on, it binds really badly and even gets stuck sometimes.

pixelpusher:
I remember having issues with my Alps throwback set.  Finally helped a bit when I made sure to not press the stem down too far on the switch.  The way SP makes their alps stems on the space bars actually allows you to be able to press the stem further than intended into the switch. 

Keagan458:

--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Tue, 04 October 2022, 14:26:07 ---I remember having issues with my Alps throwback set.  Finally helped a bit when I made sure to not press the stem down too far on the switch.  The way SP makes their alps stems on the space bars actually allows you to be able to press the stem further than intended into the switch.

--- End quote ---

Just tried this and it helped a good bit. No more binding or getting stuck but the travel still does feel a little wonky and rough. Will continue testing, thanks for the tip.

Keagan458:
Good news. I fixed it. It appears to have been a combination of things of causing the problem. The first was that I was pushing the keycap too far down and the second was that the stabilizer cut outs on my plate were a little tight so the switches were slightly elevated above the pcb. I filed the cutouts to be wider and remounted the plate and now the stabilized keys feel fine. Thanks for the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version