geekhack Community > New Members

What's up everybody allow me to introduce myself

(1/1)

Obliv611:
Hello! being new to this forum figured I would Follow suit and introduce myself I am absolutely brand spankin new to all of this and still doing alot of research and reading which happens to have brought me here.  I will admit on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being zero knowledge and 10 being god tier knowledge I am sitting at a 2. But i figured what better way to learn more than to join here and read all of your posts and learn the lingo. I am heading down the rabbit hole and don't plan on stopping. Little about myself I'm in my mid 30's the typical family man and an avid gamer, I also have a very large TMNT ( teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) collection, Which i know sounds very nerdy but it has allowed me to get back in touch with my younger self and is fun to share  the experience with my son. I primarily play FPS with a tendency to dabble into RPGS/ rogue lites/ RTS games as well... as long as time permits...with kids my gaming time has been really shortened to about an hour at night before bed lol . I came across this hobby while going down a youtube rabbit hole and thought it would be a fun and challenging thing to do. During the summer I enjoy frisbee golf and hiking and winter time I like staying inside and hibernating lol

I hate being stagnant so the research and newness of this hobby excites me. I was weary on joining because i've read a few times that some people can be less than helpful with questions and not very inviting, which is understandable... you should do some of your own research and not rely on others to solve/ answer everything for you. 

Ive been attempting to locate a user friendly beginner guide/101 course to better help educate myself but have come up somewhat empty handed. ( so if you know of a good direction to point me in that would be awesome..

while searching through pages of switches and caps and different boards and all I've kind of dreamt up a design Id like to hopefully build ( I do have solder experience so im not worried about that end of it)
I'd like to do a simple build at first maybe? IDK how easy something like this would be

my idea is a very clean simple design maybe a 60% compact / with a typewriter style cap ( not sure the exact wording for it ) with maybe clear switch/cap to allow Full range RGB/ and allow of underglow. I think that you can make a completely new build custom to what you like is what really has attracted me to this... the full range of customizations  you can make really draws on your own imagination... ( Id also like to add that im nowhere near making any purchases until Ive done what I feel is enough research)

and that's about it. look forward to learning more about this and eventually get to the point of being comfortable with making the investment in my first mechanical build..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version