Author Topic: stabilizer stems - price  (Read 18175 times)

Offline skuko

stabilizer stems - price
« on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 05:46:05 »
http://www.keyboardco.com/product/4-filco-white-stabilizers.asp

don't you guys think that 2 quid for 4 stems is a bit steep? WASDkeyboards.com have 2 stems for $0.50

o.O

Offline wsjudd

• The Keyboard Company Blog
Re: stabilizer stems - price
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 06:01:28 »
I don't think it's particularly egregious; it's a low-volume, low-cost item. If you wanted to buy a thousand pieces or something then I'd understand your concern, but as it stands it'll surely be a small percentage of the cost of your keyboard?
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline skuko

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 06:23:35 »
well, let's put it into perspective then :)

let's say i wanted a spare set of stems of a full ANSI TKL set i'm buying for my filco. that's 10 stems, so i need to buy 3 sets = 12 stems.

19.18 EUR (total price of £15.96 with cheapest possible postal service converted  to EUR via google.com)

- same amount of stems from WASDkeyboards.com

6.99 EUR (total price of $9.55 with cheapest possible postal service converted  to EUR via google.com)

can you see the disproportion here?

i have no idea where the stems are being delivered from in case of WASD, but i'd expect keyboardco to be at least a bit more competitive - price wise.

i would surely rather order from within EU due to the faster delivery, but at this price difference, i'm inclined to wait 2 weeks more (or dunno how much longer the delivery from US takes)

edit:

for a better perspective:

for ~20 EUR i can get 40 (FORTY !!!) units of stems from WASD (that's 80 stems, LOL)

that's just....i'm at a loss here, really :D

btw. i took part in about 5 caps group buys, so it's not over exaggeration, i will need about 60 stems if i don't want to switch them all the time. so yeah....
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 06:31:28 by skuko »

Offline wsjudd

• The Keyboard Company Blog
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 09:40:53 »
We don't really have the infrastructure to minimise shipping and handling costs, and thereby decrease our prices to be competitive with WASD on small items like these.

Ultimately, we carry these small parts as a service - if you need a few bits and bobs, we'd like to offer them so they can arrive more promptly than shipments from the US or Asia. We're not trying to compete on price, but we're not cackling as we raise the price either ;)

It's quite understandable that you'd want to go with WASD if you're ordering in bulk; I'd do the same thing myself.
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline skuko

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 02:30:33 »
well, i'm going to be ordering a brown mx TKL filco in the near future, so i was hoping i could get those stems in there for a reasonable price, but it's no big deal, i can order them from the US :)