Poll

What should happen with the payment discrepancy?

Refund money to participants
9 (25%)
Send participants extra switches
8 (22.2%)
Send participants silly things and donate money
19 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:35:50

Author Topic: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates  (Read 299600 times)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Re: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates
« Reply #1000 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 10:45:11 »
Thank you again for your hard work!

After driving back home, I noticed a package that was waiting for me. Not only the plate was inside, I also got one of the elephant (Drunken Delirium?) artisan! Def woke me up in the morning. Went to work a little late just to assemble everything. Priorities first, right?  :p

Show Image

Show Image

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Blue plate is blue!  :eek:

Can't wait for he lazy postal workers to get back into gear and bring me my loot  :p

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1001 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:12:56 »
Again. So sad I didn't opt for the powder coating.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #1002 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 14:50:07 »
Updates:

So 12 of the packages were sent out before Christmas, but only the 12 smallest ones because the line at the post office was literally an hour and a half long.  While I was there I picked up the rest of the supplies I would need to send the rest.  The remainder of the CONUS packages now have stamps and will be picked up tomorrow(?) to be sent.  I'm 1/4 of the way through the INTL customs forms and had to stop last night due to cramping hands.  I hope to have them finished today to be mailed with the rest of the packages tomorrow.  Note that the weather here isn't wonderful.  There is ice on the roads and it is currently snowing.  Being a southern state, we don't have much in the way of ice prevention infrastructure, so delays are possible.  Tracking numbers will be provided asap.

I'm super excited to see the test 12 arriving correctly.  I already encountered my first mistake, but it appears to have taken care of itself.  Post more pictures of those builds folks.

SJHL, your Barca cap is "Supple Skin".  Drunken Delirium is the pink elephant, and Sick Slime is greenish.  There is also a red one out there I'm calling Bloodlust.

I will have pics of my builds, as well as the Shyamalan twist, soon.  Sending the rest of the packages has priority.  Plus, not having Alpine Winter out yet softens the blow (blame njbair).

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 14:56:13 »
No Alpine Winter indeed. I'll have to use Tai Hao keycaps on both boards like some peasant. :D
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline braidn

« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 14:59:45 »
Absolutely awesome! Psyched to have something to put together over the the down time before the beginning of the year.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 15:07:23 »
Thank you so much Blue! I guess you didn't get my message about stabilizers, but oh well, I'll deal with it.

Stay safe on those icy roads!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1006 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 15:23:00 »
Got my plate today.  Thanks Blue  :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1007 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 01:07:36 »
Updates:

So 12 of the packages were sent out before Christmas, but only the 12 smallest ones because the line at the post office was literally an hour and a half long.  While I was there I picked up the rest of the supplies I would need to send the rest.  The remainder of the CONUS packages now have stamps and will be picked up tomorrow(?) to be sent.  I'm 1/4 of the way through the INTL customs forms and had to stop last night due to cramping hands.  I hope to have them finished today to be mailed with the rest of the packages tomorrow.  Note that the weather here isn't wonderful.  There is ice on the roads and it is currently snowing.  Being a southern state, we don't have much in the way of ice prevention infrastructure, so delays are possible.  Tracking numbers will be provided asap.

I'm super excited to see the test 12 arriving correctly.  I already encountered my first mistake, but it appears to have taken care of itself.  Post more pictures of those builds folks.

SJHL, your Barca cap is "Supple Skin".  Drunken Delirium is the pink elephant, and Sick Slime is greenish.  There is also a red one out there I'm calling Bloodlust.

I will have pics of my builds, as well as the Shyamalan twist, soon.  Sending the rest of the packages has priority.  Plus, not having Alpine Winter out yet softens the blow (blame njbair).

Thanks for the update dude

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #1008 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 12:56:56 »
Tracking numbers have been sent to everyone excluding those who have otherwise been contacted.  Check your spam folder if you can't find it.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #1009 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:18:45 »
Tracking numbers have been sent to everyone excluding those who have otherwise been contacted.  Check your spam folder if you can't find it.

Does that include international orders because I can't find anything ? (aka Senkin on r/mk, invoice nr 0081 if that helps)
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:30:54 by Tyr »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:31:41 »

Hmmm, I didn't see anything in my inbox or spam. :(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:33:24 »

Same here.

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:32:57 »

Same here.

And my axe.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:03:03 »
got mine yesterday!!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:31:16 »
So I tried sending the tracking numbers out through a mail merge in word.  Maybe it didn't work.  Or maybe they are delayed.  I'm going to send them all by hand here in a bit.

The postman came this morning at his usual time to pick up the packages.  After his eyes returned to a normal size from the sheer volume of what I asked him to take, he said he would come back after his route.  And just now, we got done loading up the truck.  They are all on the way!

got mine yesterday!!

You also have some switches coming that I haven't mailed yet.  I had already sent the plate/pcb when you added them on.  I'll send a package in the next group.

Offline braidn

« Reply #1015 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 20:51:34 »
got mine yesterday!!
Show Image

Hmm the diodes don't come pre soldered? No biggie but thought that was the case. Cool though

Offline jevvix

« Reply #1016 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 20:59:53 »

Nothing here.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 21:21:12 »
got mine yesterday!!
Show Image

Hmm the diodes don't come pre soldered? No biggie but thought that was the case. Cool though
Nope, diodes didn't come presoldered on the previous rounds, either. I chose to purchase some surface mount diodes to install, instead of the through hole versions provided, as I think the SMD are actually easier to install.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 21:26:53 »
got mine yesterday!!
Show Image

Nope, diodes didn't come presoldered on the previous rounds, either. I chose to purchase some surface mount diodes to install, instead of the through hole versions provided, as I think the SMD are actually easier to install.
That's because an SMD diode, like everything, is bigger in Texas.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 22:13:53 »

Nah, I just have the tools for SMD soldering, and through hole requires bending leads, taping the diodes in place, clipping the leads, and soldering. Too many steps for that, when I can more easily place the SMD with tweezers and hit them with the iron.

in memoriam

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 22:43:30 »

Nah, I just have the tools for SMD soldering, and through hole requires bending leads, taping the diodes in place, clipping the leads, and soldering. Too many steps for that, when I can more easily place the SMD with tweezers and hit them with the iron.
The right tools make all the difference.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 23:49:28 »
*Casually spams f5 as fast as physicaly possible hoping to get an email with tracking info
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1022 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:33:07 »
Blue! Your my boy!! Thanks mang!

Diodes soldered in and all tested good with the Multimeter:

Salmon's are happy:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1023 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:38:23 »
Blue! Your my boy!! Thanks mang!

Show Image

Diodes soldered in and all tested good with the Multimeter:

Show Image

Salmon's are happy:

Show Image

Hell yeah dude, looking CRISP!
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1024 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:40:52 »

"Crispy" like Crispy Cremes, the boi Lurch come through like yadadaimean...uhhhhhh, str8 bars son!

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1025 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:48:06 »

"Crispy" like Crispy Cremes, the boi Lurch come through like yadadaimean...uhhhhhh, str8 bars son!

Crisp with a digi-twist! Don't blink or you just might...

killakillakilla

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1026 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 11:05:31 »
I got an infinity plate, but now I'm starting to re-think and wish I had gotten a at101w plate instead lol! Anyone got one they would be willing to part with??

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1027 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 16:14:48 »
now she just needs some Alpine Winter...brrrrr

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1028 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 16:21:36 »
So I tried sending the tracking numbers out through a mail merge in word.  Maybe it didn't work.  Or maybe they are delayed.  I'm going to send them all by hand here in a bit.

The postman came this morning at his usual time to pick up the packages.  After his eyes returned to a normal size from the sheer volume of what I asked him to take, he said he would come back after his route.  And just now, we got done loading up the truck.  They are all on the way!

I just had a look, and I haven't gotten a tracking number yet  :-[

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #1029 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:27:59 »
Just got my tracking info - thanks Blue  :)

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline braidn

« Reply #1030 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:29:07 »
now she just needs some Alpine Winter...brrrrr

Show Image

Show Image

Interesting. Same case I am going to use but I chose red!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #1031 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:31:43 »
After fussing with Word 2007 Mail Merge and POP3 accounts, I finally gave up on sending the tracking numbers the 'easy way'.  I just sent them all out by hand.  My copy-paster is tired.  Next time I will just set the list up as a csv and do it on my linux command line.  At least then I would get errors instead of silent failures.

So everything is taken care of up to this point.  Let me know if there are any issues.

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 21:45:48 »
Just received my tracking number - thanks! Will be glad to have a project when back from traveling for the holidays :).

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:22:45 »
After fussing with Word 2007 Mail Merge and POP3 accounts, I finally gave up on sending the tracking numbers the 'easy way'.  I just sent them all out by hand.  My copy-paster is tired.  Next time I will just set the list up as a csv and do it on my linux command line.  At least then I would get errors instead of silent failures.

So everything is taken care of up to this point.  Let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks blue! Appreciate the hard work you've put in on this whole buy.

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #1034 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 02:36:30 »
Finally got a tracking number! Super hyped to get started on the ALPS party!

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1035 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 02:52:26 »
Got my tracking, thanks! Can't wait to start putting them together.
Great job on the GB!

Offline rand77

« Reply #1036 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 06:13:43 »
I got my tracking number earlier today.  Great job on the GB, I can't wait!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1037 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 08:27:55 »
Tracking says my order was delivered! I'll take some pics when I get home from work. Thanks BlueNalgene!

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #1038 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 11:22:23 »
Got the box this morning. It's happening! Can't wait to get home from work and get started.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 11:51:09 »
Now that, is how you run a GB. Huge ups to Blue. Just got my ALPS goodies.

Many thanks. :thumb:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 11:59:41 »
Just got mine, as well. Had a little extra goody in there, in the former of a beetle artisan cap. Thanks so much,  Blue!

in memoriam

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #1041 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:05:34 »
Just got mine, as well. Had a little extra goody in there, in the former of a beetle artisan cap. Thanks so much,  Blue!

What're you waiting for? Show us the cap!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:12:29 »
Just came in the mail, can't wait to build it! I guess I'll stick with the infinity layout just so I have something different between my 60%s

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:30:51 »
What're you waiting for? Show us the cap!

Well, I've been driving around all day for work, and I'm back at the office now. Give me a chance to get home, and I'll show you. :D

in memoriam

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:43:27 »

Just came in the mail, can't wait to build it! I guess I'll stick with the infinity layout just so I have something different between my 60%s

I'm definitely doing one in infinity layout, just waiting for Alpine Winter to arrive.

I'll get started on the 2nd board this weekend. Doing Ansi layout with Oranges.

Side note: Blue, this has been a very well run buy. I applaud you for all your work. Everything was ran quickly and professionally. I couldn't ask for a better leader.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:51:55 »

Got my order today, seem to be missing my switches though.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:17:56 »
Got mine just now.

I thought Hasu was presoldering though.. guess I misread / didn't understand.

Time to buy some flux... or, can I get by without it (don't have the steadiest hands)?  hmm.. for SMD it actually doesn't look too bad.

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:20:37 »

Got mine just now.

Time to buy some flux... or, can I get by without it (don't have the steadiest hands)?  hmm.. for SMD it actually doesn't look too bad.

Wait, are the diodes through hole, or SMD? The previous round shipped with through hole. (Haven't gotten home to open the package yet)

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:23:05 »
All my plates, pcbs, stabs and switches arrived in one piece!

Amazing work -- for a water bottle  :-X

10/10 would participate in another blue water bottle buy!

Got mine just now.

Wait, are the diodes through hole, or SMD? The previous round shipped with through hole. (Haven't gotten home to open the package yet)

They are through hole (and come with the pcb), but are compatible with smd diodes as well.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:24:56 »
My bad, I was skimming the posts without actually looking at the diodes I got, just the bare PCB.

They are indeed through hole