geekhack Marketplace > Originative

GMK SNES

<< < (6/33) > >>

amnesia0287:

--- Quote from: autobot on Thu, 12 October 2017, 21:45:51 ---
--- Quote from: BAS1C on Thu, 12 October 2017, 21:03:42 ---That looks fantastic. Two opinions:

-I second the START/SELECT winkeys!
-I personally think the shift and bottom row winkeys in RGBY legends too busy. I would prefer they remain black, or go with the lighter purple color to match the top row lavender alt color.

--- End quote ---

I also agree, RGBY is too busy on shift and bottom row winkeys.

--- End quote ---

I also agree, the contrast makes my eyes bleed. But I like the rest of the set enough I'd buy it anyway, its the only thing I really feel like is an actual issue.

--- Quote from: CommonCurt on Thu, 12 October 2017, 23:02:28 ---Please  "Control" instead of "CTRL",  and Start & Select for Win keys (or anything besides win8/10 logo).

--- End quote ---

I like control better than ctrl as well. Other ideas for win keys could be like D-Pads, I also think purple Power and Reset win keys could be cool, but I like colorful sets :P.

--- Quote from: xondat on Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:02:36 ---
I also think the RGBY caps should be have white legends.

Would also like to see "Control", not "Ctrl".

--- End quote ---

+1. It also fits better with the SNES design in general:

SNES is always light text on darker surfaces and dark text on light ones.

Oh and I for one would love dark purple f5-8 alts. But totally get why they would be skipped :D.

Have you considered doing a bigger extension kit with full white on purple mods? I'd buy 2 :P. Especially the light purple, but I'd be happy with either :P.

rm-rf:

--- Quote from: xondat on Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:02:36 ---Why that 1.5u backspace?

Show Image

It should be this:

Show Image

The block style is awful. Please change this.

I also think the RGBY caps should be have white legends.

Would also like to see "Control", not "Ctrl".

--- End quote ---

i really feel that the box with the x in it is best.
wish there was a way to have both because it is a must for me.
meanwhile i don't want to step on anyone's shoes.
but i am curious how other people feel about that backspace.

i agree on the rgby with white legends as xondat stated.

autobot:
How about purple POWER & RESET (White text) in place of Alt & Alt Gr, and mod colored space bar (like the eject lever)?

jebbra:
How about using front print to utilize the 'game' theme. Arrow front print on WASD, ABXY color on hhkb arrow so no risk of rubbed pad print.

Edit: I like the idea of purple capslock and enter with Power and Reset text too.

DasGnome:
Pad printing ABXY seems unnecessary. I agree with other posts that they should be doubleshot in the corresponding color for a more elegant look. If you really want pad-print, then doubleshot legends in RBGY and print the ABXY in light purple because that's how the controller actually looks. Either way, dark grey WASZ (or WASD) is a must to mimic the d-pad.

RGBY modifiers make the set really busy when the SNES is a simple looking machine. Seems counter-intuitive. Having grey/black modifiers seems uninspired in general. I'd rather see light-legends like the SNES actually has on its dark grey pieces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version