Author Topic: [IC] Day and Night - double-shot DSA  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Voltasalt

[IC] Day and Night - double-shot DSA
« on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 06:00:31 »
Hey GeekHack, this is my new DSA set, Day and Night. What do you think? I've been plugging away at it for a while and I'd like to get some feedback. It's a fairly standard DSA set with a black, white and orange color scheme (with optional blue replacements in a subdeal). It has no custom molds, so prices should be quite low. I'm hoping to get it up on either PMK or Massdrop, depending on which is easiest/available first.

What do you think? Would you buy this?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: [IC] Day and Night - double-shot DSA
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:07:42 »
This honestly looks very close to MiTo's currently running set which is selling pretty well, so I'd think you would have to deviate from that colour scheme to a degree to gain popularity.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:04:21 »
This honestly looks very close to MiTo's currently running set which is selling pretty well, so I'd think you would have to deviate from that colour scheme to a degree to gain popularity.

I get where you're going with this, but I don't think the similarities are that large. Also, this is only in its early stages, so MiTo's set would probably be finished and shipped by the time this goes live. Do you have any suggestions on how I could deviate from his set though?

also, jesus these captchas are hard

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 09:06:24 »

I get where you're going with this, but I don't think the similarities are that large. Also, this is only in its early stages, so MiTo's set would probably be finished and shipped by the time this goes live. Do you have any suggestions on how I could deviate from his set though?

also, jesus these captchas are hard

Both sets have white alphas, and a mixture of orange, blue, and black modifiers/etc. Depending on what modifier packs you went with with your set and mito's, you could almost have exactly the same colours, in the same profile, from the same manufacturer.

Yes, his set is about to start being made/shipped, but that means that pretty much everyone in the mechanical keyboard community that would like a keyset with this colour scheme as of this point in time  would have probably bought it now.

Offline harlw

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 14:59:14 »
Very nice - I would be especially interested in the planck kit.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 18:36:15 »
Any ideas as to what could make it more unique?

Offline ika

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 21:24:37 »
SA profile?  ;D

Offline just66in

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 05:38:04 »
SA profile?  ;D

SA profile would win me over  ;)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 08:46:03 »
SA profile?  ;D

I will agree a profile deviance from MiTo's set may be nice. SA is always a win ;)
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 15:04:36 »
SA profile?  ;D

I will agree a profile deviance from MiTo's set may be nice. SA is always a win ;)

It'll probably fare better as an orange psuedo-Eve lookalike in SA than currently, I'll try converting the child buys. 112344 or 312343?

Offline ika

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 20:38:39 »
SA profile?  ;D

It'll probably fare better as an orange psuedo-Eve lookalike in SA than currently, I'll try converting the child buys. 112344 or 312343?

Carbon is 112344 and has a relatively similar color scheme as well so I think your best bet would be 312343. Not really sure what the popularity split is between the two though.

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:32:46 »
SA profile?  ;D

Carbon is 112344 and has a relatively similar color scheme as well so I think your best bet would be 312343. Not really sure what the popularity split is between the two though.

I don't think Carbon is too close to this one. Especially with the blue set. Probably going with 112344.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 16:14:52 »
SA profile?  ;D

I don't think Carbon is too close to this one. Especially with the blue set. Probably going with 112344.

Your keyset and its colorway is different from Carbon. The only things we share are grey an orange colors and this only by name of color (not by code). Also Carbon has beige alphas not white. There are also novelties etc. In short to much differences.

Keep on working Voltasalt :)

Offline Voltasalt

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 18:39:11 »
SA profile?  ;D

Your keyset and its colorway is different from Carbon. The only things we share are grey an orange colors and this only by name of color (not by code). Also Carbon has beige alphas not white. There are also novelties etc. In short to much differences.

Keep on working Voltasalt :)

Sure! I'll try to get this set, as well as Mint Chocolate out soon-ish on Massdrop!

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 10:15:04 »
Looks interesting :)

I would make the usual minor request and ask that you consider including a 4 key in the UK pack with $ and € on it

Thanks