Author Topic: Need some help with measurements.  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Need some help with measurements.
« on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:31:16 »
I'm in the early stages of designing an aluminium case for my filco tkl, and I need to know the (fairly - close to about 0.5mm) exact position of the four standoffs on the bottom half of the case. I only need to know the positioning of them in relation to the bottom half of the stock case as the height of them has no relevance to my plans. I couldn't find any online (maybe my scouring wasn't sufficient) so I tried my best at taking some myself with some calipers.. I was hoping someone might be able to correct me if i'm wrong or give me the thumbs up. I was also wondering if anyone knew exactly what screw is used to hold the plate to the standoffs.

Thanks, and here are my measurements (all in mm) :

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2013, 19:19:43 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Need some help with measurements.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:35:26 »
Just FYI, all the dimensions should from 2 edges. All the heights should come from the bottom or top lip. And all the widths should come from the left or right edge.

I don't have a Filco TKL so I can't help w/ the actual measurements. Sorry =(

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:40:49 »
Just FYI, all the dimensions should from 2 edges. All the heights should come from the bottom or top lip. And all the widths should come from the left or right edge.

I don't have a Filco TKL so I can't help w/ the actual measurements. Sorry =(

I don't think I explained properly in the post - I've edited it now. I only need to know the actual position of them in relation to the bottom half of the case and not the height of them. I will be changing the height of them in order to change the slant of the pcb and plate in the case. At the moment it's around 5 degrees, and hopefully this project will change it to around 7 (among other changes).

Also, I measured them how you suggested. Thanks for the input :)
github

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 00:29:34 »
I designed my own TKL case in solidworks also and the files are buried in my computer somewhere. There are a lot of revisions so I'll have to see which one it is. Filco/costar does not post dimensions, so I used a caliper to measure also, but I think the way I referenced it is a little different than yours.

I'll pull up the file when I have time to dig for it.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 06:19:53 »
I designed my own TKL case in solidworks also and the files are buried in my computer somewhere. There are a lot of revisions so I'll have to see which one it is. Filco/costar does not post dimensions, so I used a caliper to measure also, but I think the way I referenced it is a little different than yours.

I'll pull up the file when I have time to dig for it.
Thanks. It'd be great to be able to see a second set of measurements.
github