Author Topic: [IC] Morgrie Samurai Soul 65% | IC + 20 Unit Pre-Order Announcement  (Read 5179 times)

Offline swagtronx

Morgrie Samurai Soul

This is an IC + pre-order announcement for Morgrie's upcoming Samurai Soul 65% board, with a 20 unit pre-order that will go live late this month or very early March. This will be FCFS through Prevail's website, expected lead time is 3 months from end of pre-order to shipping out to customers.

This pre-order will be priced at $429 and will come already assembled; the parts included are the aluminum case, plate, PCB and stabilizers (yes stabilizers are included and will be Morgrie's PCB-mount screw in stabilizers).

Samurai Soul Specs
  • Anodized aluminum case
  • Gasket mounted, 65% layout
  • Aluminum plate
  • Hotswap PCB, no solder PCB being offered currently
  • Morgrie PCB-mounted, screw-in stabilizers (pre-lubed by hand with Krytox 205g0 prior to installation)
  • Three colors, silver, black and green
  • 3.5 degree typing angle
  • Custom software to control the RGB lighting effects and key mapping
The Samurai Soul is aimed to be a higher end option for beginner's or people newer to the hobby, it has a curved and striking design that is quite unique. The board comes fully assembled, including the stabilizers and you can add switches/keycaps without disassembly. The board is still customizable, can be taken apart to tune parts or make further modifications; a solder PCB is not currently being offered, hotswap only.

Morgrie still wanted to include an IC form to see feedback, general reception and if any changes should be made for future Samurai Soul drops, but this first small pre-order is pretty much finalized.

Imgur Album

IC Form

Reddit Post

Prevail Discord | Morgrie Discord | Morgrie Website
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:50:13 by swagtronx »

Offline swagtronx

Re: [IC] Morgrie Samurai Soul 65% | IC + 20 Unit Pre-Order Announcement
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:39:55 »
Reserved

Update 2.22.2021 - I goofed, in my haste to get the post up, I forgot to list that it actually has wireless capability. It comes with an internal 4000mah battery, so the USB dongle is the receiver and runs in 2.4GHz wireless mode (it is not Bluetooth). Current internal testing shows 15 days of use with RGB off and roughly 40 hours of use with RGB on at 50% brightness and heavy use. Insert YMMV here, due to the board having brightness levels, different effects, etc. so it's hard to give an accurate estimate. Can be used in wired/wireless mode, can plug in at any time to keep going if battery gets low. After talking to Morgrie, they have also mentioned that it is still easy to disassemble the board, you can even remove the battery and keep it in wired mode if some prefer that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:34:33 by swagtronx »

Offline Nvr_Smile

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:53:52 »
That is one interesting keyboard design. Price is pretty compelling considering what you get with the board, and the complex curves of the case. Hope the IC and GB go well for you swag.

Offline swagtronx

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:59:10 »
That is one interesting keyboard design. Price is pretty compelling considering what you get with the board, and the complex curves of the case. Hope the IC and GB go well for you swag.

Yeah, the design is definitely different, always cool to see new things being done.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:10:20 »
How is this pre-order different from a group buy
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline swagtronx

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:21:11 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought group buy = MOQ to hit to produce the units. These units are being made regardless if all 20 sell out or not, as far as I'm being told.

Similar to the Monstargear boards, they'll do a pre-order but still manufacture all units and any that don't sell during the pre-order period gets sold as in-stock items.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:34:48 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought group buy = MOQ to hit to produce the units. These units are being made regardless if all 20 sell out or not, as far as I'm being told.

Similar to the Monstargear boards, they'll do a pre-order but still manufacture all units and any that don't sell during the pre-order period gets sold as in-stock items.

Technically that makes sense.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 13:26:40 »
This is uh, interesting. can it shoot flames out the back?
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 14:59:47 »
Wireless? What are the dongles in the photo? No extra at all?

Offline Flexmaster

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 15:47:21 »
Oof it looks good

Offline Tree_

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 15:50:08 »
What's it's fastest time down the quarter mile?

Offline oom

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 16:22:45 »
Have you had a proto made?

Offline swagtronx

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:51:24 »
This is uh, interesting. can it shoot flames out the back?
I wish, if it did I would install them around my house to keep the zoomers off my lawn.

Wireless? What are the dongles in the photo? No extra at all?

Yes, please see update. It does in fact have an internal battery, wireless mode, can be used in wired/wireless mode or swapped to wired mode on the fly if the battery gets low.

What's it's fastest time down the quarter mile?

[/size]

It's definitely not a 10 second car keyboard 

Have you had a proto made?

They do have protos made, they are working on a typing test video and should be available very very soon (what I'm being told).