Author Topic: [IC] RShape Diamond Artisan Case V1  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Rshape_Khoi

[IC] RShape Diamond Artisan Case V1
« on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 04:20:05 »
    About us
    • RShape offers a 3D printing & CNC Machining service, has a small workshop based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    • We have worked with many clients that made custom keyboards, and the more time we spend on them, the more we love them! Now we had the idea to make an artisan case and want to bring it in to life as a small contribution for the custom keyboard community. We hope to get  your support  :)!

Design
    • Design 24 slots with 4 x 6 grid (20.5mm x 20.5mm) and a depth of 15mm
    • Artisan case has 2 pieces (base and cover), held together by magnets D3x2mm
    • Base made by CNC Aluminum 6061
    • Cover made by CNC Clear Acrylic
    • Color: Black/Grey
    • Dimensions: W x L x H (107mm x 153mm x 20mm)

Version

Diamond Plus
    261978-0

Diamond Square
    261980-1

Diamond Curve
    261982-2

IC
    I had made all 3 prototype versions but wondering which option is the best. That is why I made IC and hope you will help me to decide yours case. Kindly fill the ic form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDCGX-7FUKM2p4mvaDWJWtb1-uWPyyaHjAOuFju6wAqnb_KA/viewform?usp=pp_url

Thank for your feedback and hope to see you soon in GB,
    Khoi from RShape [/list]
    « Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2021, 04:22:23 by Rshape_Khoi »

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
    Re: [IC] RShape Diamond Artisan Case V1
    « Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 09:43:11 »
    I'm not too big of a fan of the design, looks like a g21s without the internals

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
    « Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 10:57:09 »
    Having used the 1.Piece for a while, I can tell you that the high dividers at the intersections between slots aren't really the way to go. They just get in the way of your fingers, especially if they're tight enough to hold the keys without allowing them to wobble and turn. I'd recommend trying to get good fitment with shorter dividers than go the easier route with larger ones.

Offline Rshape_Khoi

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 02:54:56 »
    Having used the 1.Piece for a while, I can tell you that the high dividers at the intersections between slots aren't really the way to go. They just get in the way of your fingers, especially if they're tight enough to hold the keys without allowing them to wobble and turn. I'd recommend trying to get good fitment with shorter dividers than go the easier route with larger ones.
    Very good feedback, I will take a look on the high of dividers and adjust it a bit for GB. It is even easier to make the case with shorter the divider :) !

Offline Rx003

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:29:59 »
    Very unique design! GLWIC best of luck with this project!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Rshape_Khoi

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 10:51:01 »
    Very unique design! GLWIC best of luck with this project!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    Thank for your comments, i will bring it to GB soon by early of March :)