Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 369766 times)

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
Re: [IC] Think6.5 R2: '2020'
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 23:56:21 »
+1 for original placement. Imo, I think the original placement is what made the think6.5 so special and would preferred to it to be kept that way. As for case, colored pc perhaps?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 00:02:01 »
Good job bro! It’s always great working with you.
Looks like many people like the top right badge, and let’s discuss more and make it a great badge
Is there any chance for full brass dream this time?  :( I don't need that shiny pvd brass, sandblasted or even raw is totally okayy :(

To be honest with you, when I hear full brass I feel so so bad for most of the R1 full brass buyers who ended up being refunded and I don't even want to think about brass. PVD was indeed the big issue that led to QC fail, but I personally doubt people will really be interested in full brass without a proper surface treatment like PVD. In anyway, I will try to talk to AirPotter about this possibility. For a while, I was pretty sure he hated me for it. Will find the right time to mention this to him, but even if it does happen, 100% he won't agree to do PVD full brass.

Offline SpringWind

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 00:04:09 »
Since I was longing for a polycarbonate version of Think6.5 so I would be grateful if R2 could add PC case option again.

I personally prefer the R1 exterior than R2.
The structure improvements for better performance are nice, but the combination of "6.5", light bulb, and the unique badge layout is already great.
So I couldn't feel like such a drastic change to the emblem and name was necessary.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 00:09:17 »
Thanks Everyone for the amazing feedback and support.
I just got home and will read each comment and suggestion soon.
Since it is still in the prototyping stage, I will certainly consider your feedback in shaping how the project will move forward. Some designs may be final but there is room for fine tuning.

Joined and really respected how you handled R1. If anyone followed the R1 IC thread, you can see the community making suggestions and OP not only listened, but implemented quite a few!

Thanks for the kind words, bro.

Indeed, the goal of the IC is not just to gauge interest, but also to see what is the best way to move forward, and whether I can make adjustment where a) engineering side it's possible; and b) it does hopefully make the board objectively better. Sometimes aesthetics can be a tricky thing; for a board with quite a few design elements, it might be hard to satisfy everyone. And I hope friends can be tolerant with my taste. But I can say that the design is purposeful, not an afterthought nor random elements pieced together. At some point I would like to share my story for this design.

That said, more badge designs will come out soon, at least 4 in each badge position, maybe 5, so y'all can provide more feedback.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 00:10:32 »
Really like how the Think6.5 came out, I'm down for a V2 if the price is good, would like to see the return of black PC too!

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 00:41:18 »
I definitely prefer the original badge position, looks way better imo

+Alsow I'd love to see carbon fiber or POM plates with dampeners on, or even better; underneath them

Offline baoduy23

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 01:46:14 »
+1 for old badge position but it should be better if we delete "2020" on the badge

Offline hq

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:16:36 »
Will there be a badgeless version?

+1 for badgeless option and dedicated ISO/ANSI plates  :thumb:

Offline buianhthang

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 02:23:28 »
remove the anchor and boat and I am in.

They might want to change the keeb name to Boat65  :p

Anw, I still feel good about this design, looking for the final. Just keep the badge

Keyboard: Filco ECW, Anne Pro 2, Percent Canoe Gen 2
Keyset: GMK Bento R1

Offline 0pokn

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 03:15:58 »
Keep the anchor and the sail boat on the top right and I will be ALLLLLL over this

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 03:35:32 »
Let me start by saying that I did not join R1; I had simply not discovered this money pit of a hobby in due time.
This to say that I do not have strong feelings on the OG board other than I like it and it seems like a hit amongst the community.

It seems to me quite a few people are suggesting you more or less use the R1 design unchanged and instead offer different colour options and the ever popular polycarbonate edition.

I personally think it would be a mistake to abandon your design ideas/changes for R2; in other words, keep the anchor and the sailboat, they look pretty awesome in my opinion.

That may seem like a big/huge change from R1, but then call it something different, like 'Rethink6.5' if you want the brand recognition or maybe even call it 'Anchor6.5'. The '6.5' part in the name will likely still have people recognise it and tie it back to the 'Think6.5'.

Offline ephemeral25

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 04:04:34 »
Big meh for this r2. Not a fan of the naval theme tho I really think it will perform as expected.
Good luck with the GB

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 04:26:55 »
Will start a poll for the preference of key options this weekend!

Offline BigBabyJesus

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 05:04:01 »
I have given it some thought and this is what I think about it.

1. I personally do not like this design. The original design is just much better.
2. This looks like something completely different with the new logo and shape of the board.
3. Why name it Think6.5 R2 if it's not the same? It would have been fine if you named it something else instead.
4. Why have a 2020 theme? Isn't it better for it to be timeless? I mean the first one is just timeless.

This is not just a complain. I have looked at the renders and they look amazing. It's just that this is not a true 'R2' if you ask me.
If this will be the final design, I will probably have to pass.

I have to say, I really like what you guys are doing. You're awesome and also very social on Instagram etc.. I almost joined the GB for the SPACE65:CyberVoyager but you guys were talking about a Think6.5 R2 so I thought I'd just wait for that.

Cheers

Offline cnex

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 06:40:16 »
I would take the original placement. I prefer the arrow keys being on their own and there are already other keyboards with top right logo

Offline AfroMax

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 07:12:42 »
the top right badge looks good would love to see more renders of the keyboard in different colors

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 07:32:23 »
I honestly like both designs, but if I had to chose I'd go with the original badge position and the none boat one, not really a fan of the boat as a badge.

Let's pray that there will also be a polycarbonate version for this one.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 09:39:23 by Vyndem »

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 07:53:18 »
OG badge placement, but Tsangan bottom PLEASE!!!

Offline BubbleheadBrett

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 09:04:10 »
I like the anchor and sail boat badge, but like the placement in the original location. its hard to please everyone, keep up the great work and see your vision through!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 09:10:30 »
I think it's just more confusion then displeasure. Most people hoping for a round 2 are hoping for improvements on a known design. The only similarities this shares with the OG is that it has badges and is a 65, haha.

Offline arkze

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 09:32:20 »
I think it's just more confusion then displeasure. Most people hoping for a round 2 are hoping for improvements on a known design. The only similarities this shares with the OG is that it has badges and is a 65, haha.
This. I was hoping for a real R2 and not completely new design that lacks any resemblance and tries to ride the wave that think6.5 created. Either real Think6.5 R2 or different name.

Offline MadsMe

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 10:38:55 »
IMO I don't like the "2020" text. The board should keep a timeless look.

I agree 100!. It's a little wierd.
That being said though I love the little extra "cut" on the case it self where the bagde is.
Can't make up my mind as to which layout I like the most. They both look good. I love how you integrate light into the bagdes though!

Offline mongoose27

• WKL FTW
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 10:44:38 »
Original badge located is better.  You see it an you know its a Think6.5.

Also agree with the "2020" in logo, should keep the badge timeless and unique to the Think6.5.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:24:55 »
Do have badges that look closer to R1 will share soon.

For the weight design, I had received quite some feedback to redesign the weight from R1 actually. Note the anchor resembles a 'T' when you look at it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:29:07 by oldcat »

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:27:09 »

For the weight, I thought one of the biggest complaints had been weight design the R1 feedback I had received, now it appears many seemed to like it somehow.

That's how it always is, we complain about it at first but then when someone says they'll change it we cry foul. lol we are so fickle.  :p

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:31:19 »

For the weight, I thought one of the biggest complaints had been weight design the R1 feedback I had received, now it appears many seemed to like it somehow.

That's how it always is, we complain about it at first but then when someone says they'll change it we cry foul. lol we are so fickle.  :p

At least I have badges to salvage the love for OG elements! I am still working on improving the badge and really hope OG lovers will find it pleasing.

The final anchor weight design actually took me quite a while to optimize, it will be a bit hard for me to toss it.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 15:04:31 »

At least I have badges to salvage the love for OG elements! I am still working on improving the badge and really hope OG lovers will find it pleasing.

The final anchor weight design actually took me quite a while to optimize, it will be a bit hard for me to toss it.

I actually quite like the anchor weight, I am a big fan or running boards again but I like it when they are changed up a bit somewhat in a way of saying this was the second Think 6.5. I especially love the nautical theme, a polycarbonate Think 6.5 with navy blue or dark green anchor weight would be beautiful. I said previously that the top corner weight would be best but looking at it over and over the old placement is what makes it the Think and even if this is version 2 it should still feel like a Think.

Have you considered making the front badge an anchor as well? Just a badge with an anchor on it I think that would look nice.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 15:09:03 »
Moving the badge back to the think location would def help. It'd at least be a Think again.

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 15:18:20 »
I actually like the anchor weight aswell. It does look really clean, just not a fan of the boat badge, I personally think that's a bit too much.

The anchor could stand for a lot of things, have multiple different meanings apart from it being compared to a boat.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:19:06 by Vyndem »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 15:33:59 »

I actually quite like the anchor weight, I am a big fan or running boards again but I like it when they are changed up a bit somewhat in a way of saying this was the second Think 6.5. I especially love the nautical theme, a polycarbonate Think 6.5 with navy blue or dark green anchor weight would be beautiful. I said previously that the top corner weight would be best but looking at it over and over the old placement is what makes it the Think and even if this is version 2 it should still feel like a Think.

Have you considered making the front badge an anchor as well? Just a badge with an anchor on it I think that would look nice.

Thanks for the feedback, definitely something to try (anchor badge). The question is where we make the light shine through

Offline FTR_Beat

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 15:49:53 »

Thanks for the feedback, definitely something to try (anchor badge). The question is where we make the light shine through

If you are talking about the anchor, how about all around the line edges in and out (as lines not all filling space) of the anchor as well the upper drawing contour? Or through the actual anchor and upper design line?

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:00:50 »

Does the light have to shine through the badge? I joined this hobby too late for the original Think, but from what I have seen the light on the badge area was above it. Maybe something similar in this case? Another possibility would be to make a two piece badge one where you make the outer casing of the badge out of brass or another metal and the an interior section made out of a diffusion material of some sort, and follow along with what FTR_Beat said, light the edges of the anchor or whatever icon is on the badge. With a diffuser the light would be spread more evenly throughout the badge and would not appear as harsh.

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:08:28 »
This is looking good! I prefer the original style badge, it feels right for this. I agree with the others about the suggestion of removing the 2020 references, other than that I really like it.
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline erickeyboard

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 16:53:33 »
Will there be a badgeless version?

+1 for badgeless option and dedicated ISO/ANSI plates  :thumb:

+1 for badgeless version again :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:31:15 »

Does the light have to shine through the badge? I joined this hobby too late for the original Think, but from what I have seen the light on the badge area was above it. Maybe something similar in this case? Another possibility would be to make a two piece badge one where you make the outer casing of the badge out of brass or another metal and the an interior section made out of a diffusion material of some sort, and follow along with what FTR_Beat said, light the edges of the anchor or whatever icon is on the badge. With a diffuser the light would be spread more evenly throughout the badge and would not appear as harsh.

Under the badge there is either one (1U) or 2 (2U) pieces of diffusers.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:47:13 »
OG badge placement, but Tsangan bottom PLEASE!!!

The plate will be very close to R1's soldering version in terms of compatibility

Like your profile pic!

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:49:25 »

Ahhhh that was something I did not know. What would be the current idea for light to shine through? Is it just underneath the badge or are there cutouts on the badge?

Please offer polycarbonate, I need an endgame 65% polycarbonate board.  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:50:01 »
Updating more details:

1. Mounting: Gasket-mount. Designed a new type of gasket design that I am personally very excited about (more details to come)
2. Badge position: Designed two versions with different badge positions. Top right and OG position. More details on the locking systems to come. For now please let me know which position you want to be in production. Feedback/suggestions welcome.
3. Badge designs: Designed and will make prototypes for 5-6 badges, will choose 1 or 2 to be used in the production version. Feedback/suggestions welcome.
4. Case material: TBD. Feedback/suggestions welcome.
5. Plate material: TBD. Feedback/suggestions welcome.
6. Price: TBD.
7. GB Format and Qty Limit: TBD.  Feedback/suggestions welcome.
8. Timeframe: prototyping is in progress.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:54:08 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:53:16 »

Ahhhh that was something I did not know. What would be the current idea for light to shine through? Is it just underneath the badge or are there cutouts on the badge?

The light will shine from under the diffuser (LEDs on PCB), and through cutouts on the badge (e.g., tungsten wire of a lightbulb)

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 18:01:41 »

The light will shine from under the diffuser (LEDs on PCB), and through cutouts on the badge (e.g., tungsten wire of a lightbulb)

That's all I needed to hear, that is what I was thinking about and is a really nice idea. That tungsten wire of the bulb is such a cool one.

Updating more details:

1. Mounting: Gasket-mount. Designed a new type of gasket design that I am personally very excited about (more details to come)
2. Badge position: Designed two versions with different badge positions. Top right and OG position. More details on the locking systems to come. For now please let me know which position you want to be in production. Feedback/suggestions welcome.
3. Badge designs: Designed and will make prototypes for 5-6 badges, will choose 1 or 2 to be used in the production version. Feedback/suggestions welcome.

4. Polycarbonate
5. Polycarbonate
6. Poly..... ;D

Thanks you for putting up with and entertaining all my inquiries. I will be keeping track of this IC as this board is something I really want to get.

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 18:27:13 »
I really like the OG badge placement, i like the spacing, how it exposes some of the case, will def be jumping in on this GB!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:12:57 »
The story behind the design choices: Why do I choose anchor, sailboat, and compass to replace the gear and lightbulb?

There is always some sort of story behind a purposeful design, I like reading those stories with I join a Group Buy, but this time I was a bit hesitant in sharing the story as it can sound a bit corny. Now I feel it is important that I share why I made the choices, given the divergent opinions on the 'drastically different looking board' here being discussed. I do believe everyone has provided a lot of value in their feedback, and I am sure some will be taken into account as I keep finetuning things. Some of the comments are confirming my prior beliefs about some additional changes. As I am not in a hurry to run a Group Buy given CyberVoyager production is in progress,  more feedback sparks more thinking, and is always beneficial to the board design as well as future owners of the board.

With the preamble out of the way, here are mainly two rationales behind this design choice.

First, I have no intention of replicating Think6.5 R1 because it is not fun and not challenging as an enthusiast. Further, I do not participate in the group buy profit sharing and replication of Think6.5 R1 will not make sense for me. Therefore, the question is, do I change the design elements for R2, or keep the design elements and just modify the structure (to gasket)? I opt for a refreshing design that has the potential to be aesthetically more pleasing than the R1 design.

Second, back to the meaning of the design. It was not meant to be a "nautical" theme. In a literal sense, it is nautical; yet at a higher level, the thinking process has little to do with nautical. To start off, I already had a replicated design last year for R2 based on the R1 design with a new gasket structure added. But as I pick up the project now, I want to divert from the original design to add elements that are more meaningful for 2020. The anchor came from my wife's idea of "refuse to sink," as the world is sinking to some extent; and then the sailboat and compass are lucky icons in many cultures that symbolize peace and success in life, be it the status quo or your new adventures. And the symbolic value is that I hope everyone's life will anchor in a safe haven. In terms of the design, the anchor is made to shape like a "T" in Think, and I have designed other original Think elements (e.g., lightbulb badge) that are not yet shown here. To be honest, I feel 2020 is a special year and it may never get old. But I do consider removing 2020 from the 2U badge. With all the above said, the overall design flavor is actually very close to Think6.5 (same angle, similar chamfers, and trying to be a good looking minimalist design).

In anyway, this design story is not intended to change your opinion of the design. Aesthetics can be a tricky thing, particularly design elements that pop out visually. So apparently this sequel to Think6.5 will not be in everyone's taste. But with me sharing the context and design thinking process, at least you are aware that these are not random elements placed together. And as more badges are released and some are perhaps modified, I hope they will at least salvage some friends' love for the original Think6.5.

Lastly, quite a few people DM'd to ask me about whether I have any plan to do a replication of Think6.5 R1 version as a group buy. Regretfully, I will not. As I mentioned above, I am not interested in running the same GB twice, particularly as I am not participating on the financial side (e.g., profit-sharing) of the Group Buys. I am happy enough and grateful that AirPotter and Gray Studio help me materialize my design visions into actual products. I have released all my parts of the copyright of Original Think6.5 to AirPotter so it is up to him if he chooses to run in the future.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:16:53 by oldcat »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:17:11 »
I guess my question to 1, and a solution for the confusion of 2, would be, why not just change the name. New design. New story. New badge. New symbols. Etc. New name and you could have explored all this without getting requests to change things back to Think6.5.

Don't get me wrong. I love the elements, and the thought process. I even like the nautical theme, and accents. I just think new name and new board could have freed up your design chops. Now your constantly going to have to justify why everything changed in R2. Shoot. I'd still change the name now if I were you. Lol. Would avoid so much confusion and requests to recreate a board you set out not to recreate.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:21:40 by Zeelobby »

Offline Vyndem

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:22:30 »
Updating more details:

2. OG Position
4. Polycarbonate
5. Polycarbonate
7. Would love a GB with enough quantity so I can def get in on this ;P

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:24:19 »
I guess my question to 1, and a solution for the confusion of 2, would be, why not just change the name. New design. New story. New badge. New symbols. Etc. New name and you could have explored all this without getting requests to change things back to Think6.5.

Don't get me wrong. I love the elements, and the thought process. I even like the nautical theme, and accents. I just think new name and new board could have freed up your design chops. Now your constantly going to have to justify why everything changed in R2. Shoot. I'd still change the name now if I were you. Lol.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it very much. Mostly because I do not have plans to design any new boards as I get increasingly busy. Given the similarity, it will just be easier to call it Think6.5 sequel. When you see the other badge you will probably agree it is still a Think.

Of course, designing aside, I will still be an enthusiastic buyer of 65% boards :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:25:51 by oldcat »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:29:23 »

Don't get me wrong. I love the elements, and the thought process. I even like the nautical theme, and accents. I just think new name and new board could have freed up your design chops. Now your constantly going to have to justify why everything changed in R2. Shoot. I'd still change the name now if I were you. Lol.

Mostly because I do not have plans to design any new boards as I get increasingly busy. Given the similarity, it will just be easier to call it Think6.5 sequel. When you see the other badge you will probably agree it is still a Think.

Of course, designing aside, I will still be an enthusiastic buyer of 65% boards if anyone presents compelling designs :)
Haha. Understood. Designers choice. If it's your last design for a while I would have went with OutToSea6.5 or BonVoyage6.5 or FairWeather6.5. I mean I know the new icons will tie it back to think. Just wondering why you'd want to. The main similarity appears to be that it's just a 65 board at this point. Haha.

But I wish you luck in the GB and the endeavor. Depending how things shake out I still might be on board for this ride. Haha
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:32:43 by Zeelobby »

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:49:30 »
The story behind the design choices: Why do I choose anchor, sailboat, and compass to replace the gear and lightbulb?

There is always some sort of story behind a purposeful design, I like reading those stories with I join a Group Buy, but this time I was a bit hesitant in sharing the story as it can sound a bit corny. Now I feel it is important that I share why I made the choices, given the divergent opinions on the 'drastically different looking board' here being discussed. I do believe everyone has provided a lot of value in their feedback, and I am sure some will be taken into account as I keep finetuning things. Some of the comments are confirming my prior beliefs about some additional changes. As I am not in a hurry to run a Group Buy given CyberVoyager production is in progress,  more feedback sparks more thinking, and is always beneficial to the board design as well as future owners of the board.

With the preamble out of the way, here are mainly two rationales behind this design choice.

First, I have no intention of replicating Think6.5 R1 because it is not fun and not challenging as an enthusiast. Further, I do not participate in the group buy profit sharing and replication of Think6.5 R1 will not make sense for me. Therefore, the question is, do I change the design elements for R2, or keep the design elements and just modify the structure (to gasket)? I opt for a refreshing design that has the potential to be aesthetically more pleasing than the R1 design.

Second, back to the meaning of the design. It was not meant to be a "nautical" theme. In a literal sense, it is nautical; yet at a higher level, the thinking process has little to do with nautical. To start off, I already had a replicated design last year for R2 based on the R1 design with a new gasket structure added. But as I pick up the project now, I want to divert from the original design to add elements that are more meaningful for 2020. The anchor came from my wife's idea of "refuse to sink," as the world is sinking to some extent; and then the sailboat and compass are lucky icons in many cultures that symbolize peace and success in life, be it the status quo or your new adventures. And the symbolic value is that I hope everyone's life will anchor in a safe haven. In terms of the design, the anchor is made to shape like a "T" in Think, and I have designed other original Think elements (e.g., lightbulb badge) that are not yet shown here. To be honest, I feel 2020 is a special year and it may never get old. But I do consider removing 2020 from the 2U badge. With all the above said, the overall design flavor is actually very close to Think6.5 (same angle, similar chamfers, and trying to be a good looking minimalist design).

In anyway, this design story is not intended to change your opinion of the design. Aesthetics can be a tricky thing, particularly design elements that pop out visually. So apparently this sequel to Think6.5 will not be in everyone's taste. But with me sharing the context and design thinking process, at least you are aware that these are not random elements placed together. And as more badges are released and some are perhaps modified, I hope they will at least salvage some friends' love for the original Think6.5.

Lastly, quite a few people DM'd to ask me about whether I have any plan to do a replication of Think6.5 R1 version as a group buy. Regretfully, I will not. As I mentioned above, I am not interested in running the same GB twice, particularly as I am not participating on the financial side (e.g., profit-sharing) of the Group Buys. I am happy enough and grateful that AirPotter and Gray Studio help me materialize my design visions into actual products. I have released all my parts of the copyright of Original Think6.5 to AirPotter so it is up to him if he chooses to run in the future.

I already liked the theme but now I am definitely behind it. Like mentioned previously I am here for the ride the new mounting system looks cool.  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 19:56:32 »

Mostly because I do not have plans to design any new boards as I get increasingly busy. Given the similarity, it will just be easier to call it Think6.5 sequel. When you see the other badge you will probably agree it is still a Think.

Of course, designing aside, I will still be an enthusiastic buyer of 65% boards if anyone presents compelling designs :)
Haha. Understood. Designers choice. If it's your last design for a while I would have went with OutToSea6.5 or BonVoyage6.5 or FairWeather6.5. I mean I know the new icons will tie it back to think. Just wondering why you'd want to. The main similarity appears to be that it's just a 65 board at this point. Haha.

But I wish you luck in the GB and the endeavor. Depending how things shake out I still might be on board for this ride. Haha

I did think about BonVoyage. Potter said it’s too close to CyberVoyager :)

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 20:02:12 »

I did think about BonVoyage. Potter said it’s too close to CyberVoyager :)
Haha. That's too funny. Too bad. Would have been a tight name.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 20:02:39 »
I'm definitely positing a whole lot but I did remember seeing on your Instagram what looked like an anchor mock-up with the quote "Refuse to Sink"  would that weight be a possibility? After reading what you wrote about the thought process I thought that would be a cool addition to the board since a little bit of the story and inspiration would be in it.