Author Topic: 【IC】$99 Budget Keyboard Molly60  (Read 16599 times)

Offline Aregs Keyboard

【IC】$99 Budget Keyboard Molly60
« on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 05:24:43 »

Updated:
1. The color for Molly60, 20 types of color for Molly60
2.Both WK and HHKB Layout available
3.Added Aluminum Plate(sliver color)
[/b]
299485-0

Hey! I'm Aregs
Happy to bring you this budget and pretty keyboard kit for only $ 99!----Molly60

299368-1299370-2299372-3

For every 100 people added to our channel we'll havea Giveaway!
Our discord:https://discord.gg/3zeEu5mxBn

Spec:
Material: Aluminum
Mounting Style: Gasket
Degree:7.5°
Plate: FR4/PC
PCB:
Hot-swap
Non-flex-cut
1.6mm Thickness
Via Support
Connectivity: USB-C
Layout: HHKB
Weight: 2kg

Case Material:Spraying Aluminum
Weight Material:
Spraying Aluminum
PVD Brass (Additional 25USD )
PVD SS (Additional 25USD )

Color:
The color scheme has not yet been determined, but it is certain that 10 - 20 colors will be available for selection

What's Included?

1x Aluminum top and bottom case
1x Hotswap PCB
1x Weight
Switch From
Plate From
Bottom From
1x Plate
1x Foam Poron Kit
Screws and Keyboard Feet

QC Standard
  Case assembly is completed after the appearance of the surface without bumps, scratches, distance 20-25cm observation is not visible defects are not recognized, the normal angle inspection, specific angle light is not recognized.
  Internal surface treatment may exist when the residual hanging point or spraying caused by uneven spraying, accumulation of powder and other defects are not within the QC standards, hanging point or scratches not more than 5mm, no obvious bump.
  PVD Weight area is large, affected by the processing can not be flawless, there may be very fine particles, is a normal phenomenon

IC Form:https://forms.gle/RhkZVEbu9po1Lqwr7

Buy Link:https://nlandkeys.com/products/molly60-hhkb-keyboard?VariantsId=10080

GB Date:About 6/15---6/20

« Last Edit: Thu, 01 June 2023, 10:34:44 by Aregs Keyboard »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
Re: 【IC】$99 Budget Keyboard Molly60
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 07:56:41 »
why is the typing angle a range

Offline keepoto

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 08:57:38 »
molly

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 09:05:40 »
Are there any protos of this thing, and will people be actually receiving review units, because this project is red flag city otherwise. Like you haven't decided on colours, yet running a group buy in like 20 days. This is just really strange.

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 09:49:28 »
Are there any protos of this thing, and will people be actually receiving review units, because this project is red flag city otherwise. Like you haven't decided on colours, yet running a group buy in like 20 days. This is just really strange.
Of course we have the real thing, and will send out to people to do reviews, sorry maybe I should have expressed more clearly, in fact we have our own spraying factory, so do not worry about the color problem, just a small part of the color is doing some modifications, so temporarily did not release out

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 19:56:48 »
babe wake up they invented an aluminium you can spray

anyway this sucks as an IC and also your website's options are telling me to "PVD (if you select PVD, please select it)" which is just uhhhh what

Offline derpter

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 21:51:36 »
Oooooh wow they have "Grass PVD" using real plants

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 00:57:10 »
why is the typing angle a range
Sorry about that, modify now

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 01:08:21 »

anyway this sucks as an IC and also your website's options are telling me to "PVD (if you select PVD, please select it)" which is just uhhhh what
Ahh, I'm sorry about that, it's my first time to send IC of Keyboard so I'm not experienced enough, I'll try to do better, thanks for your suggestion

Also I have some questions, can't aluminum be sprayed, isn't Spray coat a common way to process aluminum case in costume keyboard?
Anyway, let me explain the PVD in the purchase page, because we have almost 20 customizable colors, which means there are quite a lot of combinations (Case+Weight+Color), I don't think it is more convenient for you to set a link to each combination like other stores do, because then you will have a lot of links to go through, so I I have set the "Weight Material" and "Weight Color" options. If you choose "Brass PVD" or "SS PVD" for "Weight Material", it means you don't need to choose a specific color for "Weight Color", because PVD itself represents his This means you don't need to select a specific color on "Weight Color", because PVD itself represents its luster and appearance, so you just need to select PVD on "Weight Color", because the store requires it to be selected, so we have no choice but to do it this way, and this is the best way I can think of

If you have a better idea, please let me know and I'll listen to your suggestions, thank you very much!

Offline yuzuu_

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 02:22:32 »

Ahh, I'm sorry about that, it's my first time to send IC of Keyboard so I'm not experienced enough, I'll try to do better, thanks for your suggestion

Also I have some questions, can't aluminum be sprayed, isn't Spray coat a common way to process aluminum case in costume keyboard?
Anyway, let me explain the PVD in the purchase page, because we have almost 20 customizable colors, which means there are quite a lot of combinations (Case+Weight+Color), I don't think it is more convenient for you to set a link to each combination like other stores do, because then you will have a lot of links to go through, so I I have set the "Weight Material" and "Weight Color" options. If you choose "Brass PVD" or "SS PVD" for "Weight Material", it means you don't need to choose a specific color for "Weight Color", because PVD itself represents his This means you don't need to select a specific color on "Weight Color", because PVD itself represents its luster and appearance, so you just need to select PVD on "Weight Color", because the store requires it to be selected, so we have no choice but to do it this way, and this is the best way I can think of

If you have a better idea, please let me know and I'll listen to your suggestions, thank you very much!

I think it's just the grammar and the way you worded it. "Spray-coated" aluminium makes more sense in this context.

Also not the biggest fan of the font on the weight, but at this price point I can't complain too much.

Any chance for more plates or at the very least plate files? What's the lead time after GB ends?

Prototype photos, sound test, and considering regional vendors would be nice too.

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 02:29:36 »

I think it's just the grammar and the way you worded it. "Spray-coated" aluminium makes more sense in this context.

Also not the biggest fan of the font on the weight, but at this price point I can't complain too much.

Any chance for more plates or at the very least plate files? What's the lead time after GB ends?

Prototype photos, sound test, and considering regional vendors would be nice too.

Thank you very much for the advice!!! It solved a lot of my confusion and thanks to your suggestion, we will consider adding Plate and removing the front on weight in the next design.

GB Date:About 6/20---7/20

And Photos and reviews will be posted in half a month,but we will not consider regional vendor for now

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 02:51:01 »

It can be, the process is known as TSA; Thermally Sprayed Aluminium.

It's a very expensive process and requires lots of preparation of the surface material.

The usual methods for keyboards are either (1) e-coating+paint (electrodeposition coating), or (2) anodization. Both these processes involve dipping the keyboard chassis in a solution and applying an electrical current. E-coating is just the primer, and the color is applied as a top coat with a normal or acrylic paint spray. Anodization does the coloring as well, but of course it requires one "bath tub" per color.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 May 2023, 02:53:36 by vhaarr »
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 31 May 2023, 11:26:16 »

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 June 2023, 10:29:27 »

Updated:
3.Added Aluminum Plate(sliver color)1

(Attachment Link)
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 June 2023, 12:16:33 by Aregs Keyboard »

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 10 June 2023, 12:17:53 »

Updated:
3.Added Aluminum Plate(sliver color)
[/b]
(Attachment Link)

Hey! I'm Aregs
Happy to bring you this budget and pretty keyboard kit for only $ 99!----Molly60

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

For every 100 people added to our channel we'll havea Giveaway!
Our discord:https://discord.gg/3zeEu5mxBn

Spec:
Material: Aluminum
Mounting Style: Gasket
Degree:7.5°
Plate: FR4/PC
PCB:
Hot-swap
Non-flex-cut
1.6mm Thickness
Via Support
Connectivity: USB-C
Layout: HHKB
Weight: 2kg

Case Material:Spraying Aluminum
Weight Material:
Spraying Aluminum
PVD Brass (Additional 25USD )
PVD SS (Additional 25USD )

Color:
The color scheme has not yet been determined, but it is certain that 10 - 20 colors will be available for selection

What's Included?

1x Aluminum top and bottom case
1x Hotswap PCB
1x Weight
Switch From
Plate From
Bottom From
1x Plate
1x Foam Poron Kit
Screws and Keyboard Feet

QC Standard
  Case assembly is completed after the appearance of the surface without bumps, scratches, distance 20-25cm observation is not visible defects are not recognized, the normal angle inspection, specific angle light is not recognized.
  Internal surface treatment may exist when the residual hanging point or spraying caused by uneven spraying, accumulation of powder and other defects are not within the QC standards, hanging point or scratches not more than 5mm, no obvious bump.
  PVD Weight area is large, affected by the processing can not be flawless, there may be very fine particles, is a normal phenomenon

IC Form:https://forms.gle/RhkZVEbu9po1Lqwr7

Buy Link:https://nlandkeys.com/products/molly60-hhkb-keyboard?VariantsId=10080

GB Date:About 6/15---6/20

Updated:
Reviews are on their way!

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 02:40:22 »
What kind of gasket mount does this keyboard use?
Would be nice if there is an exploded render of the keyboard, or a photo of the internal case.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 10:54:00 »
can you please share IRL pics of the weight variants (spray/brass/ss)?

Offline Thevenny

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 09:25:48 »
Non-flex-cut

I love you

Offline keybay.tech

• KEYBAY
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 19:41:36 »
what a budget kit, LOL

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 20:19:04 »
wait are you only going to do HHKB tops?

consider a full-size top option please

Offline kentdo10

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 08 July 2023, 07:09:46 »
wait are you only going to do HHKB tops?

consider a full-size top option please
There is full-size top too.

Offline chungusbungus

Is the molly60 VIA programmable?
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 07:38:50 »

Offline Aregs Keyboard

Re: Is the molly60 VIA programmable?
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 11 August 2023, 02:42:39 »
Sure thing

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 11 August 2023, 11:58:52 »
Can you post total sales per top color? :D
Or in percent if you prefer?

Like:
Color 1: 3%
Color 2: 11%
etc

I'm so curious what people picked.
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline pakhtunov

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 January 2024, 05:38:14 »
del
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 January 2024, 09:33:14 by pakhtunov »

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 January 2024, 05:55:32 »
My friend.... Please remove the protective film from [PC Plate
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2024, 06:32:45 by Aregs Keyboard »

Offline pakhtunov

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 07 January 2024, 09:34:30 »
I tried to remove it, but I thought it's white painted. ffs what is worng with me. cheers.

Offline pakhtunov

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 January 2024, 14:13:48 »

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 08 January 2024, 00:28:11 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Full album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NsQDJfJ1aGujJZh9A