Author Topic: Introducing Open Cherry, a free, open-source font based on the Cherry legends  (Read 8786 times)

Offline booth

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
This is great work. I haven't compared to macros but it looks bang on. What was your process for creating these? Top-down photos then manual trace, or something else?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline booth

This is great work. I haven't compared to macros but it looks bang on. What was your process for creating these? Top-down photos then manual trace, or something else?

Yeah that's exactly it. I used the macro shots from the Deskthority wiki as reference.

Offline OtherBarry1992

Excellent work!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Looks really nice! Are the lines in the "A" meant to be thinner than all the others? Or are they not actually thinner and it's just an optical illusion? It certainly looks thin compared to "X" for example.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
I love this font, I'm going to use it on Keyboard and Linux posters.  :D

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline phedd

What's wrong with just using Helvetica Rounded LT STD as Cherry does? Yeah, it get's some artifacts due to the double shot process but... not to this extent.

edit: great work however.. if you did it from scratch. I would just have made some minor modifications to the original font.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2020, 09:04:59 by phedd »

Offline mountainblocks

• mountainblocks.com
This is a really useful resource. Thanks for putting in the work and releasing it to the public!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
This is great. Thanks much!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
This is really fantastic. Do you plan on also adding the Cherry icons?

So for Tab, Caps Lock (Purse, Down Arrow), Shift, Enter, Backspace (2u and 1.5u -- no x-box please...), Numpad Enter, ISO Enter.

Offline siijunn

The idea of "open source" fonts was such a bizarre concept to me, but my brain fart moment was over.

This looks great.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: Introducing Open Cherry, a free, open-source font based on the Cherry legends
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 10:30:21 »
Nice