Author Topic: Worst promotion photo ever.. ?  (Read 2215 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Worst promotion photo ever.. ?
« on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:20:17 »
Ngreedia selling their new DLSS 2.0 (updated) feature.. LOLOLOL

It looks so much good'r than the native image right.. RIGHT ?? hahahaha

238296-0

Offline yui

Re: Worst promotion photo ever.. ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:34:38 »
so dlss 2.0 is adding a layer that remove dlss, if this image is anything to go b, i should not joke too much, still running on 2011 hardware but i still have no understood what dlss is for
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:43:35 »
so dlss 2.0 is adding a layer that remove dlss, if this image is anything to go b, i should not joke too much, still running on 2011 hardware but i still have no understood what dlss is for

LOLOLLOL..

Tp4 firmly believes DLSS is the way of the future,   Merely a joke thread about including that promo picture. LOL..

DLSS 2.0 should be pretty decent.

Overall, I think in most cases, the visual tuning in terms of sharpness and edge contrast enhancement goes through a human decisioning processes, where a PERSON looking at the AI's result will pick something that's basically still an Edge sharpening filter.

Something needs to be done about the human end, we need a defacto performance metric that isn't just a guy pointing to the picture he likes best. We've had this in the TV industry, and that's why all tvs come horribly discolored out of the box.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:45:30 »
With DLSS the image is rendered at a lower resolution and then scaled to the resoution of the display.  It's not supposed to look better.  It's supposed to run faster without looking like shyte.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:57:37 »
With DLSS the image is rendered at a lower resolution and then scaled to the resoution of the display.  It's not supposed to look better.  It's supposed to run faster without looking like shyte.

No need to convert Tp4,  Tp4 is already a believer..

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 10:07:07 »
well then i do not understand, dlss is throwing power away to save power, that makes little sense to me, maybe it is just an immature tech and when ripe will be the best thing since sliced bread, but being owned by nVidia, it is unlikely (look at Gsync, even nVidia is now going to freesync)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 10:22:28 »
well then i do not understand, dlss is throwing power away to save power, that makes little sense to me, maybe it is just an immature tech and when ripe will be the best thing since sliced bread, but being owned by nVidia, it is unlikely (look at Gsync, even nVidia is now going to freesync)

DLSS is nvidia's implementation of AI super sampling.

Anyone is free to roll their own version. So we'll see intel and amd do their own eventually.

It works like this,   It should be 16, but you only render up to 8, then by guessing (via neural network), The DLSS output looks something that's Perceptually (human judge) a 10 maybe 12.   

It's not throwing power away, and it certainly doesn't save power, it's using the power differently.

We are certain this works at this point, it just took them a long while to get it to where it is now.

Objectively, we're essentially compressing texture averages into a neural network.

There's a repetitive pattern to visual textures in this universe, instead of rendering them 1:1, we create a rule base for what those textures commonly are.

Subjectively, this is signal gain manipulation, we're trying to increase the gain of a Segment of the total spectrum.

This has a deleterious effect though, because BLURRY is a texture feature, and we're essentially killing that off because the human subjective factor in this decision tree in developing DLSS.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 12:21:52 »

No need to convert Tp4,  Tp4 is already a believer..

Love you as you are TP   :thumb:  Please don't change.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 12:36:05 »
Love you as you are TP   :thumb:  Please don't change.

Tp4 would never leave the matrix,  Warm Goo-pods  are great..  Would like them to upgrade my matrix uplink bandwidth to 10Gigabits though.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 12:45:53 »
So... disable AA? Or enable AA at lower resolution and this upscales for lower power usage? Ergdoxplain this to me.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 14:58:52 »
So... disable AA? Or enable AA at lower resolution and this upscales for lower power usage? Ergdoxplain this to me.

It's going to use the same amount of power.

Without DLSS, the computer renders at 1080p

With DLSS, the computer renders at either a preset (lower) resolution as determined by the game maker OR a user-definable res. 

But because you're rendering at a lower res, you can enable more Quality of life features such as  Ray-Tracing.

Then, the Selling point is,    THE combination of lower resolution + Raytracing + DLSS, produces a subjectively equivalent image to the 1:1 resolution, but at a much higher framerate (more playable).

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 15:37:34 »
Selling point is don't buy an rtx 3xxx? That is what it sounds like.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:19:17 »
The entire idea of DLSS is gimmicky and silly. I just want RAW POWER!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:23:03 »

well if the rumors are true that rtx 3xxx will be 150% 2080ti, and $2000,  IDK, that's pretty powerful,

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:24:01 »

well if the rumors are true that rtx 3xxx will be 150% 2080ti, and $2000,  IDK, that's pretty powerful,

But if DLSS does all the work, then my 2xxx's will be more than enough for 1440p for a long time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 16:30:21 »

Almost 2x more than my entire rig? :)) :)) :)) ahhhh that's funny. And in this economy! LOOOOL hahahaha ohhh man, I needed a good laugh today. Ohhhh NVIDIA you dumb ****s.