Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1408287 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #4050 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:51:56 »
More
Monitors are finally here so here's how everything looks right now on the desks, I do apologize for my horrible picture taking skills!

Show Image

We still need to work on cable management and I still need a buy a new chair. I left my old computer chair in WV because it killed my back, so if anyone has any suggestions for a chair that alleviates, or just doesn't cause back pain that'd be great! Right now I'm having a tough time getting used to the monitors. We used to use two 32" tvs as monitors and now we're using Acer XB270HUs which are 2560 x 1440, so everything is so damn tiny on the screen.

This is what the rest of the room looks like, as you can see we're kinda using this room to put boxes with stuff that we have no place for. In the future I want to build a large shelf that will sit on front of that wall to hold all of our games, action figures, and books. We probably won't (or shouldn't) build it out of butcher block and steel pipe because it would be heavy as nuts. So for the time being all of our cool stuff is kind of just sitting in boxes waiting to be put on shelves and hung on the walls. This is, however, a start and it's nice to be able to use my desktop instead of the inferior laptop or tablet.

Show Image

man, looks like it must have took forever to set all that up

like, 10,000 days or something
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #4051 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 18:56:02 »
More
Monitors are finally here so here's how everything looks right now on the desks, I do apologize for my horrible picture taking skills!

Show Image

We still need to work on cable management and I still need a buy a new chair. I left my old computer chair in WV because it killed my back, so if anyone has any suggestions for a chair that alleviates, or just doesn't cause back pain that'd be great! Right now I'm having a tough time getting used to the monitors. We used to use two 32" tvs as monitors and now we're using Acer XB270HUs which are 2560 x 1440, so everything is so damn tiny on the screen.

This is what the rest of the room looks like, as you can see we're kinda using this room to put boxes with stuff that we have no place for. In the future I want to build a large shelf that will sit on front of that wall to hold all of our games, action figures, and books. We probably won't (or shouldn't) build it out of butcher block and steel pipe because it would be heavy as nuts. So for the time being all of our cool stuff is kind of just sitting in boxes waiting to be put on shelves and hung on the walls. This is, however, a start and it's nice to be able to use my desktop instead of the inferior laptop or tablet.

Show Image

We had to take opiates to stay awake  ^-^

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4052 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:05:46 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

insert prison sex pun
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4053 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:05:58 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

so u had sed8op8 over?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4054 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 06:04:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice clean setup :)

I hope you can keep it as tidy as that :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4055 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:46:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice clean setup :)

I hope you can keep it as tidy as that :))

Thanks! I hope so too...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4056 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:32:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

This looks amazing! I love those counter tops that you used. I'm using the top to a kitchen island for my desk currently =P
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:35:31 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4057 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:58:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

This looks amazing! I love those counter tops that you used. I'm using the top to a kitchen island for my desk currently =P

Thanks dawg! It's a work in progress...

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4058 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:06:22 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:54 by alienman82 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4059 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:56:29 »
Teaser:

Show Image

Even I'm a little excited!
That 980 Ti...  :cool: what processor is that?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4060 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 18:06:57 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:51 by alienman82 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4061 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:20:13 »
Teaser:

Show Image

Even I'm a little excited!
That 980 Ti...  :cool: what processor is that?

4790k devils canyon

Very nice setup. Have fun putting it together!

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4062 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:29:11 »
Teaser:

Show Image

Aww shiiiii looks like someone got the ultra widescreen  :cool:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4063 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:33:36 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:48 by alienman82 »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4064 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 00:15:15 »
Which one did you get (LG/Dell/...)?

Also, that M1 looks like a sick little case, but dear god why did they put the ports on the bottom?!?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4065 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 00:19:06 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:46 by alienman82 »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4066 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 04:47:45 »
Which one did you get (LG/Dell/...)?

Also, that M1 looks like a sick little case, but dear god why did they put the ports on the bottom?!?

I got the Dell U3415W.  They pretty much all have the same specs except some have thunderbolt, some don't.  I don't need it so this was fine.  Definitely happy with the purchase.
I would love to get that dell since its the only curved 34" available in my country

The price though...  Hnngg...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline AlphaOne

• *CLICK*
« Reply #4067 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 07:35:31 »
Finally finished cleaning - perfect op to take some pics!

HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Mx BLUE | Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mx RED

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4068 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 09:22:10 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:43 by alienman82 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4069 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 10:23:34 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:38 by alienman82 »

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #4070 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 11:24:53 »
Here are some pictures:  Still need to get those screws though

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I was planning on going to dreamhack in TX this year and was thinking about building a new pc with a NCASE also.  Love those things.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #4071 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 12:58:34 »
Just moved a few weeks ago, so new desk!

It just needs a bit of cable management ;)

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4072 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 13:16:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

That monitor is pretty beautiful, I see that it's a Philips but what model?

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #4073 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 13:30:07 »

Philips BDM4065UC here, it's the perfect size for a 4K monitor IMO.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4074 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 13:40:59 »

Was it hard to get used to how small everything is on 4k? I imagine it was probably hard to read text (at least at first). Right now I'm using a 2560x1440 monitor and I have to zoom in on webpages 110% so I didn't strain my eyes too bad.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #4075 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 14:06:32 »

Was it hard to get used to how small everything is on 4k? I imagine it was probably hard to read text (at least at first). Right now I'm using a 2560x1440 monitor and I have to zoom in on webpages 110% so I didn't strain my eyes too bad.

Honestly, not at all.
I used to have a 28" 4K monitor prior to this one (in fact I have had two of them, Samsung U28D590D then Asus PB287Q) and it was already big enough for me, although I was obviously closer to the screen than I am now.

I don't use any "trick" to make texts look bigger or anything of that sort (MacOS isn't really appropriate for this anyway), and I don't feel the need to.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4076 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 15:27:55 »

Honestly, not at all.
I used to have a 28" 4K monitor prior to this one (in fact I have had two of them, Samsung U28D590D then Asus PB287Q) and it was already big enough for me, although I was obviously closer to the screen than I am now.

I don't use any "trick" to make texts look bigger or anything of that sort (MacOS isn't really appropriate for this anyway), and I don't feel the need to.

Ah ok, you were already used to it before you got this one I see. I used to use a 32" 1080p TV as a monitor so I kinda got used to everything being "bigger". However, I think I'm transitioning well to this monitor I'm on now. It's certainly better for picture viewing/gaming.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #4077 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 16:18:30 »
Teaser:

Show Image

You basically have my dream setup right there. I still need to save up to fill mine and I want one of those curved ultrawides. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4078 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 18:06:12 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:35 by alienman82 »

Offline AlphaOne

• *CLICK*
« Reply #4079 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 18:29:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very clean setup! Whats the MacBook stand called?
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS Mx BLUE | Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mx RED

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4080 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 22:30:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

and what are those boxes (im guessing satellite tv is one?) to the right of your desk.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4081 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 22:38:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How are you liking the 980ti so far?  I am most likely going to get one soon, 280x cant handle 1440p too well.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4082 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 22:51:30 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:32 by alienman82 »

Offline jerr

« Reply #4083 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 03:40:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

That red steelseries mouse looks good  :thumb:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4084 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 04:09:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Which macbook dock is that?
I'm planning to get one myself.... yours is familiar and looks good
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #4085 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 08:13:01 »
That's the Henge Docks Vertical Stand, really enjoying it so far (I've had it for more than 6 months now), although it doesn't offer any additional port.

and what are those boxes (im guessing satellite tv is one?) to the right of your desk.
From top to bottom :
-ONT (Optical Network Terminal, used to convert Fiber to "Ethernet").
-Provider Router (which will soon be replaced by an ERLite 3 and Netgear R7000).
-Provider TV Box.

Yes! I didn't know what it would really look like before purchasing, but I'm more than satisfied in the end :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4086 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 13:24:10 »
Thanks! They look fancy.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4087 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 14:14:16 »
From top to bottom :
-ONT (Optical Network Terminal, used to convert Fiber to "Ethernet").
-Provider Router (which will soon be replaced by an ERLite 3 and Netgear R7000).
-Provider TV Box.

Where do you live that you have fiber running to your house? Also what service do you have, FIOS?

Offline colomb

« Reply #4088 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 14:44:37 »
That's the Henge Docks Vertical Stand, really enjoying it so far (I've had it for more than 6 months now), although it doesn't offer any additional port.
I've been mulling getting the Henge stand for a while now. Do you have any issues inserting and removing laptop from the stand? How often do you take the laptop out?

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #4089 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 16:03:11 »
I've been mulling getting the Henge stand for a while now. Do you have any issues inserting and removing laptop from the stand? How often do you take the laptop out?
I would recommend it if you can get it at a good price (meaning less than the ~120$ I got it for).
The construction is solid and I've had very few issues with it, namely that as the cables are maintained in place with screws, they would sometimes push too hard on the cables' plastic connectors (not a big deal as it didn't break any yet) or the cables' connectors would move just so little that the connection wouldn't be active anymore.

The second issue happened to me a few times (I'd say once every two weeks) when I'd remove and insert the MacBook a few times a day.

Where do you live that you have fiber running to your house? Also what service do you have, FIOS?
I live in France, and fiber is quite well deployed here, at least in Paris region. (I have a 1Gbits/s / 250Mbits/s connection which I can't complain about!)
I don't know how the deployment is going on in the US, as I've only heard of Google Fiber and its very limited coverage.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4090 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 16:17:41 »
I live in France, and fiber is quite well deployed here, at least in Paris region. (I have a 1Gbits/s / 250Mbits/s connection which I can't complain about!)
I don't know how the deployment is going on in the US, as I've only heard of Google Fiber and its very limited coverage.

Correct, Google Fiber/Verizon FIOS and other fiber providers have very limited coverage to mostly major cities. I would say that most of us in the U.S. are either using cable or DSL.

Offline colomb

« Reply #4091 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 19:32:30 »
I would recommend it if you can get it at a good price (meaning less than the ~120$ I got it for).
The construction is solid and I've had very few issues with it, namely that as the cables are maintained in place with screws, they would sometimes push too hard on the cables' plastic connectors (not a big deal as it didn't break any yet) or the cables' connectors would move just so little that the connection wouldn't be active anymore.

The second issue happened to me a few times (I'd say once every two weeks) when I'd remove and insert the MacBook a few times a day.

My main concern with getting the Henge dock is that I have a Retina MacBook Pro, and it seems silly to not use the laptop's screen. Having said that, I'm not satisfied with the stand I have it on now. This will also be a good excuse to get a new monitor :)

Well, it seems all it took was a recommendation from a fellow frenchman to push me into finally getting one.

Offline jerr

« Reply #4092 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 22:01:08 »

Yes! I didn't know what it would really look like before purchasing, but I'm more than satisfied in the end :)

Where did you get it from? I'll snag one for myself

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #4093 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 04:49:42 »
My main concern with getting the Henge dock is that I have a Retina MacBook Pro, and it seems silly to not use the laptop's screen. Having said that, I'm not satisfied with the stand I have it on now. This will also be a good excuse to get a new monitor :)

Well, it seems all it took was a recommendation from a fellow frenchman to push me into finally getting one.
Glad I could convince you to get it ;)

It was indeed a concern of mine when I had fairly "small" external monitors, 24" or so, but once I had 28" and more I wouldn't feel the need to use the rMBP's screen anymore.

Where did you get it from? I'll snag one for myself

I got it from a French forum, but I believe you can still find it on Amazon, through the Marketplace at least. (Steelseries Kinzu Pro V2)

Offline NiV

« Reply #4094 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:11:53 »
My desk
A bit messy but meh.. And yes, I like white and blue :P

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #4095 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 11:32:31 »
My desk
A bit messy but meh.. And yes, I like white and blue :P
Show Image

Nothing wrong with white and blue. And the 598s ;)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4096 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 11:51:14 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:18:23 by alienman82 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4097 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 12:00:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How are you liking the 980ti so far?  I am most likely going to get one soon, 280x cant handle 1440p too well.

The 980ti is awesome!  Been playing alien isolation, metal gear solid ground zereos and I have no complaints!  Freaking awesome gpu!  I love it <3
Thanks for the update. I am about 75% sure I will be getting one.

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #4098 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 18:48:06 »

Note: RF is not blank, that's just what 400 ISO looks like  ;D
we use up all the cupholders during our furious love making sessions

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4099 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 20:24:27 »
Show Image

Note: RF is not blank, that's just what 400 ISO looks like  ;D