Author Topic: The Accordion  (Read 2693 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
The Accordion
« on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:41:53 »
Thoughts ?

Pretty Xpensive though.. Ergonomics great for hand, terrible for back.. So, not quite Ergodox lvl ..

NE y'all learn accordion at NE point ?

This guy has clearly gone insane playn' dat accordion, but it sounds great.

Offline Kavik

Re: The Accordian
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 09:55:52 »
My mom played the accordion briefly in the '50s or '60s, but I've never known anyone else who's even handled one.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 12:16:34 »
Larson
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 12:55:01 »
my parents made my brother take accordian lessons while we were growing up. beautiful instrument too.. and this was in the early 80s... you guessed it... in the great lakes region.

also ... to fohat... thanks for reminding me about the far side.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 13:41:21 »
Thoughts ?

Pretty Xpensive though.. Ergonomics great for hand, terrible for back.. So, not quite Ergodox lvl ..

NE y'all learn accordian at NE point ?

Show Image

This guy has clearly gone insane playn' dat accordian, but it sounds great.

An accordian is a piano with lungs

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: The Accordion
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 20:12:35 »
Surprisingly easy to pick up and play, difficult to master. The one that guy is using is a full-size piano one which are big and expensive for nice ones. I like the diatonic ones. Smaller and sound real nice.

Offline yui

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 01:57:18 »
i did play a bit of it when i was young (7 or 8 years old) but in the middle of nowhere i could only learn flute, and that was rather difficult with bad lungs, and i also had a friend who played it well and learned from his grandparents. can say, very easy to play a few notes, very hard to actually play it well
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 12:54:15 »

thanks for reminding me about the far side

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 09:49:13 »
I've always wanted to play the accordion. I'm largely musical in general (I play trumpet, piano and ukulele), but I've always thought the Accordion to sound amazing, and I've never expected it to be difficult for me to learn due to playing piano already.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:47:18 »
My son goes to a school that's good for Irish trad music and when I asked him what instrument interested him he said accordion maybe I can rent one for a while see how he goes before putting up money. I play flute (passingly) would be handier give him that!

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:34:54 »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 23:16:40 »
Never had much interest in piano or accordion.
I can do pretty much all woodwinds and some percussion (though I'm way out of practice). I didn't have the ear for horns even if I wanted to.

I started learning guitar years ago but didn't get very far for various reasons at the time. I was going to pick up bass guitar or maybe even an electronic drum kit (noise and space reasons) but just as I started looking Covid hit and prices shot through the roof. yay.

i did play a bit of it when i was young (7 or 8 years old) but in the middle of nowhere i could only learn flute, and that was rather difficult with bad lungs,
That was one reason I stuck with woodwinds, my doc encouraged it, it helped build up my lungs and learn to better control my breathing.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 07:53:14 »
Piano ftw.. and so cheep to get started.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 14:17:39 »
I learned to play the piano as a kid. In retrospect I'd rather have learned guitar, but piano is a good second choice, I think.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 14:19:49 »
I learned to play the piano as a kid. In retrospect I'd rather have learned guitar, but piano is a good second choice, I think.

Guitars are sooooo not ergonomic. Same with violin.   Cello is the only one that doesn't kill your hands.