Author Topic: [GB][SHIPPED] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)  (Read 1807514 times)

Offline skuko

Re: [GB] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 04:20:23 »
looks awesome, i will order when i'm home from work. hope the DSA is ok with costar stabs :X

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 04:21:41 »
looks awesome, i will order when i'm home from work. hope the DSA is ok with costar stabs :X

I only use costar and no problem with DSA

Offline skuko

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 04:23:24 »

I only use costar and no problem with DSA

thick pbt cherry profile grinds on costar stabs, that's why i'm concerned about stuff i never tried before :) thanks for the reassurance!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 04:37:36 »
thick pbt cherry profile grinds on costar stabs, that's why i'm concerned about stuff i never tried before :) thanks for the reassurance!

Don't worry if it doesn't fit your keyboard put it in the classifieds and let someone else enjoy them  :thumb: .

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 06:51:06 »
No love for PayPal?  I only see "Check out with Amazon" :(

Offline pasph

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:07:30 »
Even if i proceed on the checkout there's still no international shipping charges
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline regack

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:28:07 »
Well... progress... now at least I can get to the point where checkout fails with an error.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 08:26:48 »
we're so close to getting these that it hurts

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 08:40:04 »

Let's see if Matt can get SP to fix the issues with check out. Also it would be very important to clarify some legitimate questions as: Will SP system allow to cancel or alter orders?

While I think to ask this question is legitimate, I also think that interested parties should commit to buy at the moment they have decided to participate in the GB at the current price. Otherwise, the GB does not make any sense.

Offline skuko

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:22:11 »
yeah, waiting for the checkout to be fixed - only available option is amazon, which gives an error.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:24:39 »
yeah, waiting for the checkout to be fixed - only available option is amazon, which gives an error.

I am registered at Amazon, of course, but I have never used its payments system. Do I need to set up that service, or the same Amazon account may work?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:27:53 »

I am registered at Amazon, of course, but I have never used its payments system. Do I need to set up that service, or the same Amazon account may work?

if you are registered on Amazon, there's nothing more you need to do.

Offline regack

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:28:10 »

Let's see if Matt can get SP to fix the issues with check out. Also it would be very important to clarify some legitimate questions as: Will SP system allow to cancel or alter orders?

While I think to ask this question is legitimate, I also think that interested parties should commit to buy at the moment they have decided to participate in the GB at the current price. Otherwise, the GB does not make any sense.

I posted into their forum about the checkout (not that there is any response but my own).  Maybe ask the question there as well, and they can address it directly? 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:31:12 »

if you are registered on Amazon, there's nothing more you need to do.

That is cool! Lets give Amazon payments a try then.

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:43:09 »
Because the more people interested in this the better, I made mockups for the boring's joe's & 60% (Inspired from a Poker II, I don't think a Filco MiniLa or something similar with arrow keys is possible).

Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 10:47:18 »
Because the more people interested in this the better, I made mockups for the boring's joe's & 60% (Inspired from a Poker II, I don't think a Filco MiniLa or something similar with arrow keys is possible).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Please add a mockup for the FC660M.

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:06:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

You want with or without the black stripe ? ISO/ ANSI ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:08:05 by Coumbaya »
Filco MJ2, Browns, Skull Squadron Ducky Shine III, Browns, Granite Unknown, White Alps & trackpad 1390132 & 1391402 Model M

Offline skuko

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:14:55 »
i added my CC to amazon, still getting this:

Invalid Request

We cannot process your payment request because of an error. Please contact the website where you initiated this payment.

Caller Input Exception: The following input(s) are not well formed:[addressName] [phoneNumber]

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:19:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is it too much to ask for both?  :) . And I do not think there is an ISO version of the FC660M, as far as I know, so an ANSI one would be awesome. TY!

Offline regack

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:23:17 »

Invalid Request

We cannot process your payment request because of an error. Please contact the website where you initiated this payment.

Caller Input Exception: The following input(s) are not well formed:[addressName] [phoneNumber]

I don't think it has anything to do with the amazon side, it looks like SP is sending malformed data to amazon.  There's no spot for a phone number in your profile on the SP website, I'm guessing that they're missing that variable when passing the data to amazon, but it is required.  That might not be the only problem though.

Offline skuko

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:25:49 »
actually, i only entered my CC into amazon, not amazon payments. apparently though, amazon payments only accepts US based accounts, so the rest of the world is effed, i guess.

so i guess either SP adds paypal support, or they ain't getting my money :( and i want in on this set.....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:27:27 »

Invalid Request

I don't think it has anything to do with the amazon side, it looks like SP is sending malformed data to amazon.  There's no spot for a phone number in your profile on the SP website, I'm guessing that they're missing that variable when passing the data to amazon, but it is required.  That might not be the only problem though.

I think the same. Amazon will not mess its service for a very basic code like this. Its SP source dialog messing its communication with Amazon server, due to bad formating or something like that.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:28:47 »
I chimed SP, again :) it seems they are going to reply directly in this thread.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:40:15 »
I chimed SP, again :) it seems they are going to reply directly in this thread.

While we may appreciate a replay, it would be better if SP just fixes the issue.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:40:32 »
love the site, love that SP has their own GB portal up. thats going to make organizing these things a LOT easier.

This is an awesome development (the groupbuy and the closer relationship with SP) -- I'm stunned. This will make new and better designs that much easier to develop. And I notice that DSA Retro is up on the groupbuy site -- fantastic! I'm passing this gb notice over to a rabid Robotech fan I know, I'm hoping it will drag him into the mechanical keyboard hobby as well.

Keep on being awesome, Matt.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline pasph

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:42:33 »
Simply this system wasn't ready to go live, did they even  tested it?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Coumbaya

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:45:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is it too much to ask for both?  :) . And I do not think there is an ISO version of the FC660M, as far as I know, so an ANSI one would be awesome. TY!

Damn, here goes my dreams of owning an ISO FC660M.
Anyway here you go (the 660M is the one with a 1x key on the bottom row, is that correct ?).
*edit : woops, forgot a black del key, sorry*

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:47:19 by Coumbaya »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:57:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Anyway here you go (the 660M is the one with a 1x key on the bottom row, is that correct ?).

Show Image

Show Image

WOW! This is totally cool! I need this set so bad now...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:58:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yes the window key is 1x right.

Offline SPLady

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:04:48 »
Hey guys Matteo asked me to fill in some blanks about our new site. Thanks for your patience - we are still working out the coding bugs and hope to have everything operational shortly! We will be updating the 'how it works' section and FAQ's to answer some of these, but for specifics:
Payments are made with a credit card - we are using Amazon's payment processor, but you don't need an Amazon account, just a valid credit card. Sadly Amazon does not take PayPal.
Once you check out and the countdown clock is still active, you can cancel your order - note though that if you do cancel your order, you will affect the number of sets purchased and possibly the price threshold. HOWEVER, once the group buy closes (when the countdown clock runs out), sales are final. At this point, you will be charged the lowest set price. Credit cards will only be charged once the group buy closes.
Group buys do have minimums to reach and each group buy will be different - in this case, the minimum will be 15 sets. IF the minimum is not met, the group buy won't be produced and no one will be charged - make sense?
For shipments, we will be sending packages all over the world (except the 6 embargoed countries). At this point, the main set will have a flat rate and then corresponding subsets will have a small adder. Shipments will be sent from Custer, Washington via USPS - Flat rate for US is $7 and Flat rate for international is $26.50 (not including the additional charge per set - ex. the numpad set will cost an additional $2.50 for shipping).
Lead time - I know this hasn't been asked, but I thought I would mention it. We will begin production of the group buy once the countdown clock is complete - our standard lead time is 4 weeks, so you can expect to see shipping/tracking numbers 4-5 weeks after the group buy closes.
Please please bear with us as we work the kinks out - nothing seems to run smoothly right out of the gate, though we can all dream it will. Don't hesitate to ask me if have any questions!
-Melissa

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:13:50 »
Payments are made with a credit card - we are using Amazon's payment processor, but you don't need an Amazon account, just a valid credit card. Sadly Amazon does not take PayPal.
Aaaaand you just made it impossible for a large part of this forum to buy from you. :(

|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:14:05 »
Thanks for posting Melissa!

Can we combine shipping with other items from the SP website?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:15:43 »
Aaaaand you just made it impossible for a large part of this forum to buy from you. :(

I guess we could organize a separate payment and collect all PayPal orders and pay them via a credit card.

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:16:54 »
That's really awesome. Going to totally change how group buys are done in a lot of good ways. Thanks for posting!
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline justnits

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:23:14 »
Hey guys Matteo asked me to fill in some blanks about our new site. Thanks for your patience - we are still working out the coding bugs and hope to have everything operational shortly! We will be updating the 'how it works' section and FAQ's to answer some of these, but for specifics:
Once you check out and the countdown clock is still active, you can cancel your order - note though that if you do cancel your order, you will affect the number of sets purchased and possibly the price threshold. HOWEVER, once the group buy closes (when the countdown clock runs out), sales are final. At this point, you will be charged the lowest set price. Credit cards will only be charged once the group buy closes.
Group buys do have minimums to reach and each group buy will be different - in this case, the minimum will be 15 sets. IF the minimum is not met, the group buy won't be produced and no one will be charged - make sense?
For shipments, we will be sending packages all over the world (except the 6 embargoed countries). At this point, the main set will have a flat rate and then corresponding subsets will have a small adder. Shipments will be sent from Custer, Washington via USPS - Flat rate for US is $7 and Flat rate for international is $26.50 (not including the additional charge per set - ex. the numpad set will cost an additional $2.50 for shipping).
Lead time - I know this hasn't been asked, but I thought I would mention it. We will begin production of the group buy once the countdown clock is complete - our standard lead time is 4 weeks, so you can expect to see shipping/tracking numbers 4-5 weeks after the group buy closes.
Please please bear with us as we work the kinks out - nothing seems to run smoothly right out of the gate, though we can all dream it will. Don't hesitate to ask me if have any questions!
-Melissa

thanks for posting here and clarifying a lot of stuff!
though, the rate for international is for basic kit and any additional kit will add $2.50 on top of $26.50? does it have tracking outside of US also?
if i buy 5 sets, how is the shipping charge going to be like? $26.50 x 5?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:26:10 »
credit card  only? that's fine with me in the states but i think SP not using paypal has hurt chances of this reaching higher tiers. it also means you will have people doing proxy for others which for the people requiring proxy will be expensive and defeats the purpose of the direct from SP system. that totally sucks. You wouldn't have expected SP stop using paypal after how well it worked with their old site.

Offline Melanic

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:41:03 »
Flat rate for international is $26.50 (not including the additional charge per set - ex. the numpad set will cost an additional $2.50 for shipping).
That rate kinda hurts... But it's a nice set... going to have to think about this one.

Offline pasph

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:44:16 »
-Melissa

thanks for posting here and clarifying a lot of stuff!
though, the rate for international is for basic kit and any additional kit will add $2.50 on top of $26.50? does it have tracking outside of US also?
if i buy 5 sets, how is the shipping charge going to be like? $26.50 x 5?
This.
Why not put shipping expences in the cart?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:45:43 »
-Melissa

Melissa, this system looks great! Do you think PayPal is likely to become an option in the future?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline SPLady

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:48:05 »
Can we combine shipping with other items from the SP website?
 - No sorry - we like to ship our keystore items a day or two after the orders are received, so this is a completely separate payment process.

For shipping rates, one full set pretty much fits in a Small Flat Rate Box, which is where our rates come from. The rate applies to each set, so if you order 5, you will get 5 separate boxes. I know rates are hefty for international orders, but there really isn't a cheaper way for us to send these individually to you guys.

From my limited knowledge, PayPal doesn't let you buy something now without paying for it immediately - Amazon does... I know this is super inconvenient - we are hoping to avoid having to use proxies, but I'm checking with our webmasters to see what might be possible.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 12:50:56 »
Can't you use a larger box for larger orders? 5 sets could certainly fit in a medium flat rate box, and that would be like $42 if I remember correctly.

Offline SPLady

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:04:55 »
Right now the system is set up to charge a rate per item - I am working to see if I can change that. A Medium Flat Rate box is actually $61...

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:07:45 »
Right now the system is set up to charge a rate per item - I am working to see if I can change that. A Medium Flat Rate box is actually $61...

That's still less than half the cost of $25 x 5 ;). It looks like you're trying to address the issue though, which is great. I personally am in the United States, so I get the benefit of the cheap shipping option, but everyone wins if more people can order because the sets aren't artificially expensive :thumb:

Offline elton5354

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:08:50 »

Will your system charge flat rate for all INTERNATIONAL orders or will it charge base on each country?  Canada Small Flat rate box is $20.55 and Medium Flat Rate box is $42.25.

Since SP is a business, they won't be under-valuing the packages...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:09:09 »
Just a FYI, Massdrop.com has a group buy system using paypal and it works great. when you commit to group buy it puts the current price into paypal as "authorized to charge x amount" in your account activity but doesn't do the final pulling of funds until the group guy is over. when the group buy is over and the price has lowered only the lowered price is charged to your paypal account in the end without the buyer having to do anything. no invoicing required and this is system inside of paypal.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:09:18 »
Hey guys Matteo asked me to fill in some blanks about our new site. .....
-Melissa

Glad to see SP making posts!

Not to go off topic but can people still do group buys the old fashion way if they want? Or do they have to use this new portal?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:12:50 »
Just a FYI, Massdrop.com has a group buy system using paypal and it works great. when you commit to group buy it puts the current price into paypal as "authorized to charge x amount" in your account activity but doesn't do the final pulling of funds until the group guy is over. when the group buy is over and the price has lowered only the lowered price is charged to your paypal account in the end without the buyer having to do anything. no invoicing required and this is system inside of paypal.

Good tip! I can use both, paypal, or a CC, but I know many like to use paypal, this should be considered if we want the GB to get the lowest prices possible.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 13:59:47 »
Shipments will be sent from Custer, Washington via USPS - Flat rate for US is $7 and Flat rate for international is $26.50 (not including the additional charge per set - ex. the numpad set will cost an additional $2.50 for shipping).

Ehhh, what? how can that be true, is it with insurance? and if so, can we opt to not pay for that?
Sorry, but that is just killing it for me.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 14:25:13 »
Awesome name for a GB Matt3o :thumb:

Offline dirkpitt45

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 14:44:15 »
Any chance of a set with just the custom modifier keys?