Author Topic: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Fixed split space plates if you want em.  (Read 73541 times)

Offline Oni74

Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Colored Translucent Sample
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 18:29:43 »
I really dig the black CF. I also dig the see-through color. Can I ADD one to my order at this stage? (I'll email you, Andy)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 18:34:10 »
Email me, if we gotta change it 8 times it's no sweat off my back - takes about 4 seconds to change the Excel doc.

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 08:51:13 »
I really dig the black CF.

I kept printing the Yung Brick Carbon Fiber since it was turning out so well. A 45 degree top is printing right now, so I will get pictures of those.

Layer alignment is tricky for something this wide, so we'll see how it turns out.

I usually 3D print my own designs over and over and tweak the angles until they reliably print.

In theory though the 45 degree should work well though.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 November 2019, 08:53:29 by keyboardbelle »
I ❤️ 3D Printed Cases ⌨️ Keyboardbelle.com ⌨️

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 21:45:08 »

45 degree in carbon fiber looking awesome  :thumb:

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Carbon Fiber Rocks!
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 14:36:25 »
I'm setting end of day Thursday as the cutoff for getting back to me on changing top colors, as I think a week is fair.

All non-responders will get their cases printed as invoiced.

Also, Belle wants to clear her workspace a bit, and since she has been printing all the translucent cases while we get the colored ones worked out, shes almost done all of them and will be shipping them right away! I'd like to remind non-US customers that you were not invoiced at the GB, and will be invoiced for shipping when your case is ready to be sent. Please get those invoices in promptly.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2019, 14:41:04 by ReDsNoTDeAd »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 14:37:33 »
I'm setting end of day Thursday as the cutoff for getting back to me on changing top colors, as I think a week is fair.

Also, Belle wants to clear workspace a bit, and since she has been printing all the translucent cases while we get the colored ones worked out, shes almost done all of them and will be shipping them right away! I'd like to remind non-US customers that you were not invoiced at the GB, and will be invoiced for shipping when your case is ready to be sent. Please get those invoices in promptly.
Woohoo we're almost there

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 14:40:27 »

Also, Belle wants to clear workspace a bit, and since she has been printing all the translucent cases while we get the colored ones worked out, shes almost done all of them and will be shipping them right away! I'd like to remind non-US customers that you were not invoiced at the GB, and will be invoiced for shipping when your case is ready to be sent. Please get those invoices in promptly.
Woohoo we're almost there

Yessir! Also, I'm happy to report that I've only had one out of 50 spots drop (and was promptly filled) - so thanks for having faith everyone :D

Offline Oni74

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 16:44:40 »

Also, Belle wants to clear her workspace a bit, and since she has been printing all the translucent cases while we get the colored ones worked out, shes almost done all of them and will be shipping them right away! I'd like to remind non-US customers that you were not invoiced at the GB, and will be invoiced for shipping when your case is ready to be sent. Please get those invoices in promptly.

wait. do you mean translucent orders will ship right away or all orders (once colored tops are printed) will ship as soon as they are done?

I've added a 3rd top due to the successful Black CF top and will pay shipping invoice right-away to avoid any delays.

Thank you and Keyboardbelle for the timely communication and fast turn-around. This is the smoothest GB I've joined to date. <Maybe ADK18 will be smoother but that's for a numpad   ;-)  >

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 16:51:57 »

wait. do you mean translucent orders will ship right away or all orders (once colored tops are printed) will ship as soon as they are done?

I've added a 3rd top due to the successful Black CF top and will pay shipping invoice right-away to avoid any delays.

Thank you and Keyboardbelle for the timely communication and fast turn-around. This is the smoothest GB I've joined to date. <Maybe ADK18 will be smoother but that's for a numpad   ;-)  >

Orders that contain only translucent parts should ship soon. If you've got a mix of translucent and colors, it's gotta wait a bit.

ADK18 is all finished, everything passed QC, and is shipping to Nachie tomorrow. (Holiday today in Canada)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 19:59:24 »
Alright, knock on wood everything is coming out nicely. Belle hopes to ship the majority of stuff on US Thanksgiving.

Plates had a minor hiccup (damn JLC and their large drill bits), so those should be shipping to Belle with DHL next week, as those are the holdup for completed translucent orders shipping to you.

I've been sleeping on emails, so anyone that waned an extra top will be invoiced soon.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 02:35:12 »
Still alive. Printing continues.

Plates are on a plane from Shenzhen, they look nice :D

People who ordered a venty, I have a question about a printability change - as I printed the test units on my prusa, which has a different surface from belle's printer, they may need a slight change to yield the best result. Here are my proposed small changes:

1) Add a crossbar - this makes it so that the vents are still connected on the first layer, which makes adhesion much easier since its one large surface, rather than a bunch of small ones.

2) make the vents and gaps larger - I don't have an image of this right now as I am away from my CAD software, but it would just be larger vent cutouts and larger gaps. I was told this may also work.

Let me know what you prefer.

Andy

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 01:46:39 »
Venty images coming soon. Decided to just make the vents a tiny bit larger, and keep the crossbar in my back pocket if needed.

Here is a little show off of mine. Only a few weeks and you'll have yours ;)

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 19:30:47 »
Venty images coming soon. Decided to just make the vents a tiny bit larger, and keep the crossbar in my back pocket if needed.

This looks good. Is this the translucent one? I might change my color choice to this  :confused: :confused:

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 20:16:58 »

This looks good. Is this the translucent one? I might change my color choice to this  :confused: :confused:

It's the same as in the images all the way back to the IC. Not doing changes now, as over half the stuff is already made.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75%
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 13:41:40 »

Almost there. Still expecting to ship a majority of the kits on Nov 30. The venty cases are coming out nicely, and remind me of the nintendo zapper ;)

Plates have been delivered, PCBs are ready, gasket material is in, nuts/screws are in, and Belle has got boxes ready to go. US customers have already paid shipping, INTL customers will be invoiced through Belle's shopify store.

Offline Capsy

Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Shipping Nov. 30
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 13:43:28 »
Yay, can't wait to build it. Super excited to try out a new material.

Offline thecezar

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 18:47:59 »
Can't wait to finally put these zealios i've been sitting on for a while!

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 18:53:30 »
Yeeeeet. Best Christmas present.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 20:43:53 »
Shipping starts tomorrow, there are some tops that are still printing, but all should be done in a few days.

Friend is helping me with shipping, we plan to check each lower and top to make sure the screws line up properly

*EDIT* Apparently my friend still had family over for Thanksgiving holiday, so we'll work on these through the weekend to have the majority in the mail on Monday. I should have more tops printed and ready to match with orders anyway.

We'll wrap extra tops and the lower/top combo in paper to help protect everything during shipping.

About four feet of gasket material will be included with each PLA75. Around 3.3ft or 1 meter is required for assembly.

Feet included are the 1/2" diameter polyurethane feet and some taller optional polyurethane feet for the back if people decide they want an even steeper angle.

I'll send out international invoices tomorrow and weigh each order to correctly calculate the shipping with the invoice.

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 November 2019, 12:16:29 by keyboardbelle »

Offline johnnysstash

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 16:50:13 »
The first PLA75 has been assembled! (Mostly)

First off, I'd like to thank Brittney for getting mine out as a 'sample run' to see how shipping and first build goes!
So, here is my opinion, the board looks and sounds awesome! The gasket mounting is unique and seemed to work pretty well in my short experience using it so far. The RGB underglow on the clear base is pretty sweet, as well. I did have a small complaint as far as how the base and top were attached. The nut that sits inside of a cutout on the top has just a little bit of extra room, which allows it to wiggle, so that takes a little time to align and get right, but once you get them in they seem nice and snug with no issues! this is the reason i said mostly at the top as i have only gotten 4 of the screws/nuts in but have to disassemble to fix the left ctrl...
I am going to give it a little more use before my full opinion, but so far it's solid!   Can't wait to see more builds coming soon! 231093-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 December 2019, 17:18:52 by johnnysstash »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 18:07:01 »
The first PLA75 has been assembled! (Mostly)

First off, I'd like to thank Brittney for getting mine out as a 'sample run' to see how shipping and first build goes!
So, here is my opinion, the board looks and sounds awesome! The gasket mounting is unique and seemed to work pretty well in my short experience using it so far. The RGB underglow on the clear base is pretty sweet, as well. I did have a small complaint as far as how the base and top were attached. The nut that sits inside of a cutout on the top has just a little bit of extra room, which allows it to wiggle, so that takes a little time to align and get right, but once you get them in they seem nice and snug with no issues! this is the reason i said mostly at the top as i have only gotten 4 of the screws/nuts in but have to disassemble to fix the left ctrl...
I am going to give it a little more use before my full opinion, but so far it's solid!   Can't wait to see more builds coming soon! (Attachment Link)

Looks great. We opted to make the slots for the nuts a little loose rather than too tight. They were so tight on my prototype that I had to file out the slots - so I'd rather have a little frustration on assembly than potentially making people destroy their tops to get them together. Might I suggest slotting the nut, putting a screw in to locate it, and adding just a dab of white glue (that Elmers stuff I used to eat in second grade should work) to keep it steady for building. That glue is pretty weak so if something goes haywire you can just rip it out.

Looks like belle has 25/50 orders ready to ship for tomorrow. Full disclosure, I wasn't thinking when I originally ordered screws/nuts, and only ordered square nuts for ~50/71 tops - totally overlooked the fact that I was giving the option for extra tops. Another bag of square nuts was already shipped to Belle this weekend with upgraded shipping (from China, nobody in the US sells these... so hopefully no more than a week-10 days), so that's the best I can do to fix my oversight. I apologize in advance to the unlucky folks who are getting theirs a little later.

Please post pictures of your completed builds so I can gather up a portfolio of what people end up doing with my case designs :D I love nice pictures.

Andy

Offline VipermanGT2

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 18:51:05 »
But what are those black/red/gray keycaps in the photo. I need those in my life!

Offline Capsy

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 19:00:09 »
But what are those black/red/gray keycaps in the photo. I need those in my life!
I think that's GMK carbon.

Offline johnnysstash

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 19:10:15 »
yep thats carbon on my build for the pics.  ill have something else in soon and that will be its home!

Offline VipermanGT2

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 22:04:30 »
I thought GMK Carbon sets had orange in them. I mean the first photo in the OP post. There's red on em. Is the Red Honey mixed with another set?

Offline NeroGrave

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 01:37:49 »
Woo, paid for my shipping and waiting for mine now~

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 10:31:43 »
I thought GMK Carbon sets had orange in them. I mean the first photo in the OP post. There's red on em. Is the Red Honey mixed with another set?

The one in OP is gmk Yuri. The video I posted on page 3 of this thread is gmk Jamon.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 20:49:49 »
Will you be releasing the plate file after the GB end? Have a few kbd75 pcbs laying around. Might as well put them to use

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 18:31:05 »
Will you be releasing the plate file after the GB end? Have a few kbd75 pcbs laying around. Might as well put them to use

I've got spare FR4 plates if you'd like extras. It'll be much cheaper than getting your own made! DM me.

Offline xanserkx

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 03:51:02 »
I'm interested in plate design too. Gonna make an acrylic plate for my KBD75
AIS65 - Merisi Ottantaquatro - Rama Zenith - Emery65 - TGR Tomo - Hex 4B - Cablecar Design Angel - Hand Engineering Haus - TX HJ75 - Parallel Limited Portal

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 09:02:19 »
Just a quick update, around half have been shipped out.

Waiting on the extra parts to arrive for the rest.

I also tapped the lower M3 holes with an M3.3 bit to make them a little easier to assemble - if there's any plastic "dust" left over in the packages.

There are two orders with multiple color tops, so those will be the last ones to ship out - I reprinted some of the color tops to get better quality, so those may take just a bit longer.

Thanks!

Offline Oni74

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 20:36:46 »
Just a quick update, around half have been shipped out.

Waiting on the extra parts to arrive for the rest.

I also tapped the lower M3 holes with an M3.3 bit to make them a little easier to assemble - if there's any plastic "dust" left over in the packages.

There are two orders with multiple color tops, so those will be the last ones to ship out - I reprinted some of the color tops to get better quality, so those may take just a bit longer.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update!

I think i'm one of those two orders with multiple color tops - would my order be delivered by week of 12/20?

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 22:39:59 »
Can we still buy extra bottoms? My only feedback is that the holes on the bottom are too small for the screws to go thru. One actually got stuck :(

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 03:47:21 »
Can we still buy extra bottoms? My only feedback is that the holes on the bottom are too small for the screws to go thru. One actually got stuck :(

Weird. As Belle said we also tapped those to make them even wider. The hole is specced for 5.9mm and the max diameter on the cap screw is 5.68, so that's odd that you're having issues.

Try banging it out from the other end, and maybe taking a small file or drill bit to ream the hole a little. If you still have no luck, email me at rndkbd@gmail.com and I'll get you hooked up.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 16:52:18 »

Weird. As Belle said we also tapped those to make them even wider. The hole is specced for 5.9mm and the max diameter on the cap screw is 5.68, so that's odd that you're having issues.

Try banging it out from the other end, and maybe taking a small file or drill bit to ream the hole a little. If you still have no luck, email me at rndkbd@gmail.com and I'll get you hooked up.

I finally hammered that little **** out and file the holes. Much easier now. I don't quite like the sound of FR4 so i'll get a POM plate and try that out, anyone want in?

Offline Oni74

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 17:19:41 »

I finally hammered that little **** out and file the holes. Much easier now. I don't quite like the sound of FR4 so i'll get a POM plate and try that out, anyone want in?

I'm unfamiliar with FR4 and POM plates, so it's impossible for me to say with certainty. Can you share your thoughts on the sound on FR4 vs. POM? I own a PC Think 6.5 with integrated plate so if you can compare with sound on PC boards it would give me a frame of reference; if not, no worries. Thanks!

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 18:20:56 »
I didn't tap the 5.9mm sections, although I tried.

The drill bit tends to grip too fast and drill out the M3 section too and messes up the lower.

If you do decide to tap the 5.9mm section, do it by hand.

When I pack up the last batch for shipping, I'll add some M3 screws from McMaster-Carr which may fit better than the other M3 bolts. The McMaster bolts have a smooth finish around the bolt head and may be more uniformly sized.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 21:48:38 »

I'm unfamiliar with FR4 and POM plates, so it's impossible for me to say with certainty. Can you share your thoughts on the sound on FR4 vs. POM? I own a PC Think 6.5 with integrated plate so if you can compare with sound on PC boards it would give me a frame of reference; if not, no worries. Thanks!

POM may give a deeper sound, but it's difficult to find in 1.5 mm thickness.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 14:28:38 »
Hopefully everyone's stuff is finding its way over! The extra square nuts should show up this week, so we hope to have the other half of the orders out before the holiday break! I'm excited to see what your builds look like, and any feedback on the building process/feel/sound.

The plate file is attached for those that want to get their own made. The only rule of use is that you tell me how the different materials sound/feel when you get it made if you're guinea-pigging a new one ;)

Offline swerderv

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 14:30:16 »
Do we get a shipping notification when they ship?

Offline Capsy

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 15:26:06 »
Hopefully everyone's stuff is finding its way over! The extra square nuts should show up this week, so we hope to have the other half of the orders out before the holiday break! I'm excited to see what your builds look like, and any feedback on the building process/feel/sound.

The plate file is attached for those that want to get their own made. The only rule of use is that you tell me how the different materials sound/feel when you get it made if you're guinea-pigging a new one ;)

Thank you for the plate file. Will probably make a metal plate (TBD). Can't wait to get this board in hand. I'll have a nice long break till NYE so hopefully can get everything built by then.  :thumb:

Offline h.parks

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 16:33:28 »
assembly notes:

-the vertical gasket wells are slightly longer than the horizontal gasket wells, so cut your gaskets accordingly. do not just blindly make them all the same length.

-this wasn't immediately obvious to me at first: with the top of the case facing down, insert the square nuts into the side slots and align them from above with a pin or small screw head.

-a small jostle or bump can misalign the nuts, so go slowly when fastening the bottom of the case to the top. check that all six screws have attached properly.

-the usb-c port holes are well-aligned, and the tolerances are impressively tight for a 3d-printed keyboard. the case top and bottom sit very flush together.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2019, 16:35:40 by h.parks »
Bottom-Mount Alps Dactyl | Ergodox | PLA75 | SA Penumbra | DSA Blanks | GMK First Love

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:15:36 »
assembly notes:

-the vertical gasket wells are slightly longer than the horizontal gasket wells, so cut your gaskets accordingly. do not just blindly make them all the same length.

-this wasn't immediately obvious to me at first: with the top of the case facing down, insert the square nuts into the side slots and align them from above with a pin or small screw head.

-a small jostle or bump can misalign the nuts, so go slowly when fastening the bottom of the case to the top. check that all six screws have attached properly.

-the usb-c port holes are well-aligned, and the tolerances are impressively tight for a 3d-printed keyboard. the case top and bottom sit very flush together.

Thanks! and yes, the vertical ones are a little longer by design, so check the size before cutting. There's lots of extra cord for everyone waiting to assemble theirs.

And you have no idea how many tolerating prints I did to get this right. I had a garbage bag full of revisions by the time I was ready for GB  :p

Offline Datastream

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 06:29:14 »
I haven't received a shipping confirmation so I'll assume it'll be a surprise :D

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 09:41:29 »
I haven't received a shipping confirmation so I'll assume it'll be a surprise :D

Belle is sending them thru her Shopify store, so you will get a shipping notification.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 22:22:43 »
Have all order gone out for this? No rush, just curious. I have not received tracking.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 02:03:14 »
Have all order gone out for this? No rush, just curious. I have not received tracking.

I miscalculated the amount of nuts I needed for the cases, and I'm waiting on another shipment. Half have gone out, the other half are waiting on those to come in. It may be slightly delayed with the holidays, but tracking puts it in the US in the next few days, and then off to Belle in a few more. Everything is printed and good to go, we're just waiting on those now.

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 06:08:44 »
What's the typing angle btw?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 20:33:28 »
What's the typing angle btw?

5 degrees.

Extra parts to arrive Thursday, so the other half of the cases should be going out on the weekend!

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 14:21:18 »
Since mine hasn't shipped yet and I'm actually going to be away for the holidays started pretty soon you guys can take your time with it...