Author Topic: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Global launch 14th July 2023  (Read 31351 times)

Offline lukereonaldo

Re: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Samples photo added
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 11:49:35 »
Hey would you consider selling an alternative base kit which comes with the white alphas set instead of the purple alphas?
I think it would be nice for us who want only the mods + white alphas to save up some $$$ ;)

And why did you remove the shine through caps lock key? it looks amazing!

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 14:49:47 »
Hey would you consider selling an alternative base kit which comes with the white alphas set instead of the purple alphas?
I think it would be nice for us who want only the mods + white alphas to save up some $$$ ;)

And why did you remove the shine through caps lock key? it looks amazing!
They posted an image and reason why it was removed on their March 5th post

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Vior/ Samples photo added
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 16:44:23 »
LED LIGHT CAPS removed?
Why? I love it

I also love them, but if you look closely at the keycap's structure and imagine that the black part is transparent. There will definitely be leakages of light, which will not look very appealing. So, we decided to remove them from the set.
(Attachment Link)

Would opaque tape not fix this? If so it would be nice to have windowed caps and allow buyers to mod them if they are put off by the light bleed.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 16:47:58 »
LED LIGHT CAPS removed?
Why? I love it

I also love them, but if you look closely at the keycap's structure and imagine that the black part is transparent. There will definitely be leakages of light, which will not look very appealing. So, we decided to remove them from the set.
(Attachment Link)

Would opaque tape not fix this? If so it would be nice to have windowed caps and allow buyers to mod them if they are put off by the light bleed.
Brb gonna go tape 2k+ keycaps
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 02 April 2023, 21:29:41 »
LED LIGHT CAPS removed?
Why? I love it

(Attachment Link)

Brb gonna go tape 2k+ keycaps

Obviously I meant buyers could mod them on their own if they were bothered by the light bleed lol.

Offline adsfqwer

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 09:50:34 »
I've been looking for a non-WoB keyset that looks good on a cream board. This might just be it. A wonderful color.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

Re: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Artisan keycaps and desk mat added
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 April 2023, 07:30:14 »
Hey, just a little update about the set. As you might already have noticed, renderings of the artisan keycap and deskmat have been uploaded. We decided to go with something different on the desk mat here, and we hope you like what you see!

The good news is that KBDFans has completed testing the new material for semi-transparent keycaps. They informed us that there might still be some very small marks around the legend from the manufacturing process, but fortunately there is no more cracking. That makes Pbtfans Vior almost ready for production, and we will start getting vendor orders in ASAP. Our best estimate is around 2–3 months until the quick preorder or in-stock drop. Stay tuned  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2023, 01:38:57 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Artisan Keycaps and Deskmat added
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 13:07:53 »
Nice.  Interested.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 01:39:17 »
Nice.  Interested.

Thank you, appreciate it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 June 2023, 00:43:58 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 17:21:54 »
Hey, just a little update about the set. As you might already have noticed, renderings of the artisan keycap and deskmat have been uploaded. We decided to go with something different on the desk mat here, and we hope you like what you see!

The good news is that KBDFans has completed testing the new material for semi-transparent keycaps. They informed us that there might still be some very small marks around the legend from the manufacturing process, but fortunately there is no more cracking. That makes Pbtfans Vior almost ready for production, and we will start getting vendor orders in ASAP. Our best estimate is around 2–3 months until the quick preorder or in-stock drop. Stay tuned  ;D

does that mean PYGA is around the corner as well?

Offline AshF

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 17:35:27 »
Did someone say PYGA R2....

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

Offline L8T

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 20:05:24 »

Thats fantastic news! I fell in love with this set the moment I saw it, so seeing it potentially delivered in less than half a year is getting me HYPED!

P.S. That deskmat is FIIIIIIIIIREEEEEE!

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 06 June 2023, 14:53:56 »
Any idea when this set will go into production?
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 06 June 2023, 23:57:45 »

probably soon since they made a tofu 65 2.0 proto to match and is up for IC

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 07 June 2023, 00:46:13 »

probably soon since they made a tofu 65 2.0 proto to match and is up for IC

I've confirmed with Kbdfans that the production will start mid June. The lead time is around 1-1.5 months, so we can realistically expect the set to be ready by mid July or early August 2023.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 July 2023, 23:27:08 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline adsfqwer

Re: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Tofu 65 2.0 Vior edition collaboration announced
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 07 June 2023, 10:09:24 »
If this is a pre-order, shouldn't we get orders in before production starts?

Offline NihonCK

Re: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Tofu 65 2.0 Vior edition collaboration announced
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 07 June 2023, 10:24:30 »
PBTfans has been instock drops for the most part

regional vendors can do preorders until their orders arrive from KBDfans (or you order direct if you can not wait)

Offline aiglatsonstudio

Re: [IC] PBTfans Vior/ Global launch 14th July 2023
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 09 July 2023, 23:27:58 »
Hello hello. The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We are excited to announce that the sales of Pbtfans Vior will be launched globally on July 14, 2023! It will be available for an in-stock purchase at Kbdfans and a quick pre-order elsewhere. Don't forget to support your local vendors.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 00:59:46 »
Hello hello. The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. We are excited to announce that the sales of Pbtfans Vior will be launched globally on July 14, 2023! It will be available for an in-stock purchase at Kbdfans and a quick pre-order elsewhere. Don't forget to support your local vendors.

When you say "quick pre-order" is this meaning limited time, or limited quantities, or both?

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 01:12:28 »
 limited quantities

Offline marcin_nyga

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 07:26:28 »
i need it

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 08:33:23 »
Funny how "Colour Comparison" picture shows apparently crooked Enter legend (too big "e") on GMK  ;)
Or maybe it's actually comparison to infamous Alfei or... maybe they are actually making this set?

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 08:46:12 »
Funny how "Colour Comparison" picture shows apparently crooked Enter legend (too big "e") on GMK  ;)
Or maybe it's actually comparison to infamous Alfei or... maybe they are actually making this set?

wtf it's more than obviously a render using pbtfans fonts

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 12 July 2023, 09:05:22 »
Good to know PBTFans "fonts" represent flaws on their keycaps but imposing them on another make in "comparison" is not cool.

Offline adsfqwer

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 13 July 2023, 23:05:04 »
Bought base + artisan. Can't wait.

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 15 July 2023, 08:52:25 »
aaaand Base is sold out

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 19:01:01 »
wonderful colors, sweet collab board too. good job ~~kbdfans~~    Aiglatson Studio®™

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 05:51:09 »
Good to know PBTFans "fonts" represent flaws on their keycaps but imposing them on another make in "comparison" is not cool.
I don't think you get what those comparison renders mean