geekhack Community > Off Topic

fffffffff

<< < (4/12) > >>

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sun, 17 September 2023, 21:50:50 ---Homes of the ultra-ri(h, their kitchen is bigger than your whole house.   :eek:

--- End quote ---

I went to an estate sale in a huge house in a really nice neighborhood a few months ago. It was so interesting because the kitchen was literally exactly as you said. My brain couldn't fathom that it wasn't a public building and that it was actually a private home that somebody lived in LOL.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:18:53 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sun, 17 September 2023, 21:50:50 ---Homes of the ultra-ri(h, their kitchen is bigger than your whole house.   :eek:

--- End quote ---

I went to an estate sale in a huge house in a really nice neighborhood a few months ago. It was so interesting because the kitchen was literally exactly as you said. My brain couldn't fathom that it wasn't a public building and that it was actually a private home that somebody lived in LOL.

--- End quote ---

The property tax was 60k, ground maintenance 500k. So it basically costs half of a regular house just in upkeep.

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 18 September 2023, 08:48:48 ---
--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:18:53 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The property tax was 60k, ground maintenance 500k. So it basically costs half of a regular house just in upkeep.

--- End quote ---

what country is this where a normal house is 1,120,000?

Darthbaggins:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 14 September 2023, 18:58:17 ---
--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Thu, 14 September 2023, 18:16:30 ---I'm picturing Tp sitting in the car with an air purifier and a rice cooker going.  Laptop connected to some kinda ergo board with MX blues.  You talk to them about eating veggies?

--- End quote ---

Only to the members that are important to the core function of the business,

The easily replaced, it's not prudent to engage.

It's a delicate + complicated subject which only a small percentage of people have the intellectual background and temperament to absorb.

Tp4 has a whole box of the microwavable korean rice bowls stocked in the back. Along with soy-pickles.

You buy some fruit / salad mix at the truck stop or local costco, you're good to go, stupid expensive, but it goes on the expense card.

Tp4 did order an air purifier to put in the car. Levoit 300s.  Highway pollution is a serious danger, over 200 aqi on a busy road. Notice Tesla has a gigantic purifier built into the car. It's statistically significant, otherwise they wouldn't bother, their filter media size is enormous.

Show Image

--- End quote ---
Air purifier to clean the Hepa filtered cabin air . . .

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 18 September 2023, 09:49:36 ---what country is this where a normal house is 1,120,000?

--- End quote ---

Just as an example, that's a normal house. Not a mansion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version