Author Topic: [IC] GMK Electronics (Cherry OEM) Colored Esc's, Modifier Sets, CMYK, Number Row  (Read 108308 times)

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
I think regardless of what color is chosen, with the while legends it will match with white on black (dolch white on charcoal too) really well! Looking forward to this even more now ;p

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Did they talk about what a custom legend fee might be?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
It's per requirement, so something specific would need to be submitted for technical review and a qoute. They don't seem to have the same kind of fixed price system as SP.

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
Lysol, do you or Dan know if there are molds for international caps like the image below?

US International ISO by Gregor.Mc, on Flickr

P.S. presume your number row will have a 0 :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2012, 14:09:19 by GMC »
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline reverkiller

I voted, but I'm hoping people with more color sense than I will pick. I'm very interested in these though :D
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
GMC, all those legend exist for sure from Cherry. I have never seen US Intl exactly of Cherry, but I do own US set with all the Spanish specific ones as dual legend both doubleshot no pad print.

Offline BimboBB

GMC, all those legend exist for sure from Cherry. I have never seen US Intl exactly of Cherry, but I do own US set with all the Spanish specific ones as dual legend both doubleshot no pad print.

Are the both legends in different colors? I mean, this could be really an alternative to met MOQ issues.

Offline GMC

• Shiny.

Are the both legends in different colors? I mean, this could be really an alternative to met MOQ issues.
That was my thinking, but to do without pad print would make the legends all the same colour, though the position tells you the modifier keystrokes and I'd prefer all doubleshot if molds exist.
I'd like to have the shift+Alt Gr legends visible but have only ever seen them with the Alt Gr legends added.

For anyone with a board not providing alt gr, ctrl+alt creates the same effect and can have shift added for the upper case layer.
Here's hoping it might be possible and others would sign up for a set too.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2012, 15:21:45 by GMC »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
No doubleshot can't have legends in multicolor, as that make it tripleshot or more. Some have exist in the past from other manufacturer, but I doubt they will want to get into that sort of thing. It is a lot more difficult technically and would probably cost a fortune for all the extra set up if so. Anyway this is getting off topic for this IC thread, move any speculative discussion about other set back into the GMK general discussion thread please and thank you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2012, 15:43:26 by lysol »

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
Sorry Lysol, didn't mean to sidetrack.  Perhaps a friendly mod would move to the other thread?

Offline DrSchlock

Submitted

Offline Acanthophis

Mods euro style, me gusta!

Offline bardomudo

I love dark grey caps and I was hoping a grey set for modifier keys would be available. It's a shame it's not even up for voting and most people only seem to like colorful sets anyway. Too bad  :(

Like this:

Or this:

EDIT: Also, honest question. When you buy the pack you also get all the other variations (Tsangan, Moogle etc) that will not fit your keyboard? So you'd have to keep all the other ones even though you just need one? I'm just trying to clarify because it seems that would make the GB more expensive for the buyer. No offense.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2012, 20:51:24 by bardomudo »

Offline jeroplane

EDIT: Also, honest question. When you buy the pack you also get all the other variations (Tsangan, Moogle etc) that will not fit your keyboard? So you'd have to keep all the other ones even though you just need one? I'm just trying to clarify because it seems that would make the GB more expensive for the buyer. No offense.

Yes it will include things that will not fit your keyboard. The extra cost should not be significant. But it means that Euro/Int or people with different layouts will be able to join the GB too and finally have the right keys for their layout. It would also mean the MOQ would be more easily met. The aim of this GB is to be inclusive of everyone.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline gbohn

> Looks good hashbaz, just need to remove the text from tab, shift, enter, backspace and use the lock icon for
> the caps lock key and it would be what we are planning on using legend wise.

Maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. You're planning on dropping text from these keys for the first Group buy only? Later full sets as well?

The few sets of Cherry Double-shots I have all have text and symbols, so I would have thought that removing the text part would make them no longer "original style".

For what it's worth, I really dislike the textless style... (It's one of the reasons I didn't get more into the Round 4 stuff...)

Offline bardomudo

Yes it will include things that will not fit your keyboard. The extra cost should not be significant. But it means that Euro/Int or people with different layouts will be able to join the GB too and finally have the right keys for their layout. It would also mean the MOQ would be more easily met. The aim of this GB is to be inclusive of everyone.

Yeah, fair point. It makes sense, specially if it doesn't increase the cost by much. I can imagine the most uncommon keys being sold (or even donated) a lot on the classifieds forum too. I imagine if they'll have much value.

Offline jeroplane

Yeah, fair point. It makes sense, specially if it doesn't increase the cost by much. I can imagine the most uncommon keys being sold (or even donated) a lot on the classifieds forum too. I imagine if they'll have much value.

That's the right mentality :) Trades will be far easier too. E.g. if you have a green set and a Euro user has a purple set, you will both have all the keys that the other person needs for their layout.

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Not everyone will like something, but we do our best to appeal to as many as possible. Hopefully this will be the first of many buys to come. So if this particular buy does not meet all your needs you will just have to wait for the next one. We will do out best to offer different things each time. Different colorways, different legends or whatever.

So far we have 146 votes recorded, most with positive interest for all options.
For mod packs:
34 blue
26 brown
26 purple
25 green
14 red
11 'other'

For numeric pack
32 blue
28 green
27 red
24 purple
19 brown
16 'other'

esc choices, I'll just do top 3 at a glance
red/white, white/green, white/purple

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I think we should do one thing. If the mods and number row are the same color combo, that combo should at least be one of the 3 Esc keys. Would anyone agree with that?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
I don't really care, as long as I get something in "dat purp"
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Purple is not in first place :( what a travesty.

Offline bardomudo

Even though I voted for Brown, I seriously hope at least Blue wins. Sorry Purple fans  :p

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
NEED MOAR PURPLE

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
NEED MOAR PURPLE

Show Image

I need this!

I think people are voting for blue to match the Cherry replica dyesubs with blue legends. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
NEED MOAR PURPLE

Show Image

I didn't vote for the purple (or yellow, as that was not one of the top choices), but I have to admit that mockup looks nice :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Brown on a white set doesn't look so hot due to the remaining grey keys.  I think it shows the potential of a full Coffee & Cream set though...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
NEED MOAR PURPLE

Show Image

I didn't vote for the purple (or yellow, as that was not one of the top choices), but I have to admit that mockup looks nice :)

I agree.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Brown on a white set doesn't look so hot due to the remaining grey keys.  I think it shows the potential of a full Coffee & Cream set though...

Show Image

imo that looks like hot ****
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Thanks for mock ups hashbaz, they look very nice.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
[IC] GMK Electronics (Cherry OEM) Colored Esc's, Modifier Sets, CMYK, Number Row
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 09 December 2012, 00:25:04 »
Haven't seen this, I'm in for whatever colors the community want.

In for everything

Offline Glissant

NEED MOAR PURPLE

Show Image

Instant chubby. Except for the green escape.

Offline Sai

Show Image

I like this set though.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Show Image

I like this set though.

Yeah that looks pretty damn hot, but I'm happy what ever wins, more DS caps in crazy colours the better

Offline BimboBB

should be white legends on the brown keys, right?

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
I don't recall what I even voted for, but I am interested either way and hope to purchase at least one of the items :)
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
should be white legends on the brown keys, right?
Actually, yeah, I think it would be nicer with white ones.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
Vote Brown! Even with other keys on the board, with ISO it will look even better with alpha keys full surrounded by the mod colour due to not having the odd backslash key

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
Dat Purp. WANT
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline chaosstep

• From Hell
CMY-K Pack (textless legends):  Similar to the RGB sets, these will correspond as described below with black legends, no text.
--------------------------------
So that means only arrow legend on shifts?
But how about Control and Alt?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
Coffee and cream set looks brilliant. I would buy that in an instant.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Vote Brown! Even with other keys on the board, with ISO it will look even better with alpha keys full surrounded by the mod colour due to not having the odd backslash key

Agreed and done.

Brown mods will make an easy swap into a Pearl/Pebble color set, creating a Pearl/Brown set!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline gbohn

> Not everyone will like something, but we do our best to appeal to as many as possible.
> Hopefully this will be the first of many buys to come

Ahhh. From the initial buzz I thought (mistakenly) that we would be trying to (initially) use GMK to resurrect the original OEM Cherry keys/layouts(with the possibility of different colors as well). If they still had the tooling, I would have thought that this would be relatively easy for them.

I guess this actually amounts to using GMK as the manufacturer for the 'set du jour' (albeit with the benefits of the mechanical characteristics of the original keys)...

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
Is it possible to get white caps instead of cherry beige? That would be something.

Offline theultrazord

Ahhh. From the initial buzz I thought (mistakenly) that we would be trying to (initially) use GMK to resurrect the original OEM Cherry keys/layouts

That is the goal but they are too busy with producing for other customers to do full replica sets. From what I understand we will be doing replica/full sets at a later time.

Offline whiskerBox

[IC] GMK Electronics (Cherry OEM) Colored Esc's, Modifier Sets, CMYK, Number Row
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 09 December 2012, 13:21:19 »
Patience might pay off here. I think we can expect to see some favorite sets reborn real soon without the aid of a Groupbuy.
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
CMY-K Pack (textless legends):  Similar to the RGB sets, these will correspond as described below with black legends, no text.
--------------------------------
So that means only arrow legend on shifts?
But how about Control and Alt?

Only symbols on shifts, capslock, tab and backspace.  Ctrl and alt are just regular text

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Patience might pay off here. I think we can expect to see some favorite sets reborn real soon without the aid of a Groupbuy.

Via EK for example?
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Cherry made far more than just black/beige and white/black. I have original Cherry stuff in a lot of different colorways. Many of the ideas for the options given in this buy are from such sets or keys, some are new. They are harder to come by so heres a chance to get something else besides what everyone that is into Cherry already has. More tradtional colorways will come next when we offer full set buys. It makes far more sense to offer modifier packs in those colorways when running full sets. Hopefully we can get a nice price break when just running some extras instead of seperate. Savvy?

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
lysol, send me pm with your address if you still want the STRG keys =)

I just figured, is it possible to get F1-12 with windows, as well as capslock with window, that would be something.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 December 2012, 14:34:06 by phetto »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
lysol, send me pm with your address if you still want the STRG keys =)

I just figured, is it possible to get F1-12 with windows, as well as capslock with window, that would be something.

It would be something...for a KMAC.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."