Author Topic: Macropad Programming issue  (Read 1420 times)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Macropad Programming issue
« on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 17:37:50 »
Okay, so I built a Sweet16 a few months ago and was able to program it a few times, and then it started having issues where it would never show up on the port list for avrdudess, but would work if the reset button was held for about 8 seconds.

Now I wanted to reprogram it to be a small numpad to use alongside my tkl or 60%, but it will not register at all on avrdudess and I am at a loss at what I can do to fix the issue. The pad itself functions correctly as well, so not sure...

Any ideas for what I can do to fix the issue?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: Macropad Programming issue
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 17:44:13 »
Anyone have any idea as to what could be the problem or have an idea for a solution? Would really appreciate it as I want to use the pad for something...need it pretty badly and want to use my TKL because it has BOX jades in it...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Macropad Programming issue
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 02:27:51 »
Maybe it's the switch that's broken and holding it 8 seconds let you wiggled it enough to register?

Assuming it's a standard little button found on keyboards the legs are in two pairs running down the sides, connecting the two using something conductive (a paperclip, tweezers...) will look like the button was pressed.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod