Author Topic: Windows 7 network problem.  (Read 2234 times)

Offline lam47

Windows 7 network problem.
« on: Mon, 30 March 2009, 07:01:14 »
I have just installed the latest version of the windows 7 beta and its very nice except for one thing.
The network connection is lost every 30 seconds or so.
The new repair feature will get it working again by re setting the network adapter but then a few seconds later its gone again.

Im using a sagem broad band router with 2 mains adapters so the connection is through Ethernet.
This is the laptop Im on now and its fine so this has to be a windows error right?

Can anyone offer advice?
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 March 2009, 07:10:00 »
Did you have any connectivity issues with the system before installing the Windows 7 beta?  If not, you have your answer?

Have you reported this bug to microsoft?  (after all, is that not the point of beta testing?). :)

Offline lam47

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 March 2009, 07:11:58 »
I suppose it is!
I have not reported it yet in case it is a simple fix that has been found but I will if I cannot get it going.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline MellonCollie

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 March 2009, 11:12:11 »
Have you installed the latest drivers for the network adapter?

Cherry G80-3000LSCGB-2
Cherry G84-4100