Author Topic: [GB] MiTo DSA: Sci-Fi - ONE MORE ORDER AVAILABLE!  (Read 32115 times)

Offline kevral

Re: [GB] MiTo DSA: Sci-Fi - ONE MORE ORDER AVAILABLE!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 15:11:54 »
This is my first double-shot DSA set, but I expected all the keys to have 2 colors showing on the inside? All my white keys are all-white on the inside?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 16:06:22 »
If you want answers, you'll have to take it to Reddit.  MiTo/lyqu1d doesn't really come on here except to pimp his stuff or sell it.

Offline kevral

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 16:10:10 »
Right, thanks. But don't all-white insides sound like dye-sub rather than double-shots?

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 16:29:03 »
Did you get the normal base set or the Cyrillic set? If I remember correctly this one had at Cyrillic character set that was to be dye subbed instead of double shot.

Offline blai5000

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 16:59:11 »
Right, thanks. But don't all-white insides sound like dye-sub rather than double-shots?

Not necessarily, usually double-shots will have strips on the inside but some, such as these Royal Kludge doubleshots (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/royal-kludge-doubleshot-abs-keycaps), have a full single-color inside.

Offline kevral

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 01:20:57 »
I have a base kit plus a Norwegian language kit, both of which are supposed to be double-shot.

I have now cut into a key I don't need and the legend does NOT go all the way through.

Offline kevral

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 02:21:10 »
The plot thickens.

There appears to be two different base kits. In this Imgur link there is a base kit with the manufacturer code "MDX-3571-BSKIT". The photos also clearly show white keys with black-and-white back sides.

My kit, however, has the code "MDX-3571-BSKITPBT" and features white keys with white back sides and surface printing.

This is not what I ordered.

Now I wonder if Signature Plastics has wanted to avoid making doubleshot international keys (lack of molds?) and just substituted in their DSA stock sublimated set in white and called it a day, hoping noone would notice. It's either that, or ridiculously bad communication between Massdrop and SP.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2015, 06:25:05 by kevral »

Offline kevral

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 09:04:06 »
Good grief.

Turns out SP didn't have the molds they said they did, so they "upgraded" the buyers of international kits to dyesub PBT without a word to the customer. Now I have a mismatched "set", but hey, at least half of it is "upgraded PBT" and not inferior doubleshot ABS.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:27:49 by kevral »

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 13:13:02 »
Good grief.

Turns out SP didn't have the molds they said they did, so they "upgraded" the buyers of international kits to dyesub PBT without a word to the customer. Now I have a mismatched "set", but hey, at least half of it is "upgraded PBT" and not inferior doubleshot ABS.

Wow that's horrible.  Hopefully they'll resolve this soon.....

Offline kevral

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 10:19:14 »
It is what it is: PBT dyesub mixed with ABS doubleshot. I have accepted that - Norwegian keycaps are hard enough to find - but once I put the caps on a keyboard I realized the PBT caps were mostly warped, with barely a single straight edge between the lot of them. Massdrop is sending me replacement alphas + Norwegian kit though.

They actually think that mixing in PBT is a upgrade, though, as it is more expensive. Or something.

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 13:20:33 »
It is what it is: PBT dyesub mixed with ABS doubleshot. I have accepted that - Norwegian keycaps are hard enough to find - but once I put the caps on a keyboard I realized the PBT caps were mostly warped, with barely a single straight edge between the lot of them. Massdrop is sending me replacement alphas + Norwegian kit though.

They actually think that mixing in PBT is a upgrade, though, as it is more expensive. Or something.

Warp is pretty "standard" for SP PBT, I guess they still havent fixed their molding.
Did they say if the replacement one would also be PBT?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 13:33:52 »
Guys, you won't get any resolutions here.  He only comes on here to shill his stuff.