Author Topic: [IC] Flatline Black and Cyan SA profile keyset (on hold see OP)  (Read 183165 times)

Offline Niomosy

Re: [IC] Flatline Black and Cyan SA profile keyset (renders posted)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 01:11:10 »
Awaiting quote and time slots from SP!

Also we are going with FLATLINE.

Heh, I didn't think you guys would actually go with that given the obvious ties via parody to PuLSE but it's a solid choice.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 01:13:34 »
I'm not very creative and honestly the name of the set doesn't matter too much to me. It doesn't exactly need an identity, it's just cyan and black. If I had it my way I'd call it the Hatsune Miku set ;)
I love Elzy

Offline Liocer

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 02:53:20 »
There's a certain irony in the name, missed a trick with it not all being Row3 ;P

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #403 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 06:00:34 »
I'm not very creative and honestly the name of the set doesn't matter too much to me. It doesn't exactly need an identity, it's just cyan and black. If I had it my way I'd call it the Hatsune Miku set ;)
But she's more green than cyan.

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 06:50:32 »
Could we get a r2 page up,r3 page down, and r4 end to give at least a little coverage for the ever increasingly popular X5% layouts?

Offline tangkims

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:09:24 »
We're looking to get this under $100 for each set. We will be buying up a certain amount of sets to help reach MOQ faster. The GB will only be open for maybe 2 weeks before closing, and it will start ASAP, maybe no later than the start of February depending on how fast SP can work with me.

Check out the sweet new banner btw in the OP :)

Show Image

Signature one here, although feel free to use LXXXIX's as well as he did a great job.

Wow.. if this is the price for real... i don't see how PuLse could compete. I'm down for a set

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:09:59 »
I'm waiting for the initial quote from SP. As you can imagine I'm getting a lot of requests for functionality support for other layouts and the more I add it will jack up the price for everyone which I don't wanna do.
I love Elzy

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:13:36 »
I understand the desire for a 1-kit simple buy, but it seems to me that there are two camps here, those that want to use whatever layout they choose, and another that just wants a simple, affordable set.

Could we consider doing a hyper-simple, 87-key base set, and an all-the-extras set that would bundle numpad, tsangan, alt mods, 40% support, etc.?

Offline tangkims

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:14:53 »
I'm waiting for the initial quote from SP. As you can imagine I'm getting a lot of requests for functionality support for other layouts and the more I add it will jack up the price for everyone which I don't wanna do.

Since you really wanna stick it to MiTo you should run this the same time as the PuLse and see what happens. You're going to be overwhelmed with the amount of orders since 1. Everyone will probably get their sets much sooner and 2. Price is going to be much cheaper than PuLse

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:16:29 »
I understand the desire for a 1-kit simple buy, but it seems to me that there are two camps here, those that want to use whatever layout they choose, and another that just wants a simple, affordable set.

Could we consider doing a hyper-simple, 87-key base set, and an all-the-extras set that would bundle numpad, tsangan, alt mods, 40% support, etc.?

Considering this as well but then it makes the additional support kits much less affordable and it's a hefty amount of keys. It seems like everyone has some weird ass layout nowadays anyway. I think more so it would make more sense to keep the jd40/45 kits separate with some additional kit support for other weird kits, since there's a lot more use for tsangan and Tenkey and iso.
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #410 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:17:27 »

Since you really wanna stick it to MiTo you should run this the same time as the PuLse and see what happens. You're going to be overwhelmed with the amount of orders since 1. Everyone will probably get their sets much sooner and 2. Price is going to be much cheaper than PuLse

I already have plans to have this up before pulse so long as SP works with me. SP however is making direct profit from pulse so we'll see what their business practice is like.
I love Elzy

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:17:45 »

He's not trying to stick it to MiTo he's just trying to make a set that everyone wants now.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:18:48 »
What about stretch goals for kits?
It would be great if we could unlock more caps as we get more orders.

Though people still need to realise that not all sets can be fulfilled.
I keep hearing people asking for international kits and HHKB kits which are functionally not that important at all; you can still build a board with the layout you want, just with different legends.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:19:18 »

He's not trying to stick it to MiTo he's just trying to make a set that everyone wants now.

not everyone, I can assure you that I don't want it ;)
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:21:02 »
What about stretch goals for kits?
It would be great if we could unlock more caps as we get more orders.

Though people still need to realise that not all sets can be fulfilled.
I keep hearing people asking for international kits and HHKB kits which are functionally not that important at all; you can still build a board with the layout you want, just with different legends.

Yeah this is exactly what I'm thinking. I personally use caps lock as ctrl but I'm considering cutting out those keys simply because you can still use the caps locks. 1.25x fn isn't a big deal either because even if it says menu you know it's your fn key. It just comes down to what the cost is. it's currently 8 am ish in West coast so I'm hoping SP gets back to me asap
I love Elzy

Offline tangkims

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:35:30 »

Fair enough. I think if it's a set that "everyone wants" then isn't keeping the simple layout with no extras the best way to do it to reduce cost? There are obviously going to be people that want extra kits for custom builds but most users even in GH still have standard layouts.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:37:12 »

Fair enough. I think if it's a set that "everyone wants" then isn't keeping the simple layout with no extras the best way to do it to reduce cost? There are obviously going to be people that want extra kits for custom builds but most users even in GH still have standard layouts.

Simple layout with basic support such as Tenkey and tsangan and UK iso is how I'd go about it which is what I sent to SP. If I can add a few keys that covers wide range of other layouts for low cost then I am willing to do so. It's all in Sp's hands at this point
I love Elzy

Offline tangkims

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:47:50 »

Simple layout with basic support such as Tenkey and tsangan and UK iso is how I'd go about it which is what I sent to SP. If I can add a few keys that covers wide range of other layouts for low cost then I am willing to do so. It's all in Sp's hands at this point

That sounds like a solid plan. But the real question is... will "FLaTLiNE" be a one time run?  :eek:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:48:59 »
One time run from me I ain't doing it again. Anyone is free to do as many rounds as they want though ;)

I am officially not adding any additional keys after jd40/45 support, only removing or splitting it up.

My rendering guy is mad because I keep asking for revisions :D
I love Elzy

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:55:22 »
Open source group buy!

Offline mun2912

« Reply #420 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:09:38 »
One time run from me I ain't doing it again. Anyone is free to do as many rounds as they want though ;)

I am officially not adding any additional keys after jd40/45 support, only removing or splitting it up.

splitting it up is what i am looking for :D

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:46:41 »

splitting it up is what i am looking for :D
I'm all for splitting them up as well

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:01:52 »

Haha I feel for him, looking forward to the GB, Sifo!
I wanted to ask if you've included a 1.75 shift anywhere, keen to put it on my whitefox when it arrives  :cool:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:04:01 »

I wanted to ask if you've included a 1.75 shift anywhere, keen to put it on my whitefox when it arrives  :cool:

Yes short right shift and 1x Fn is included
I love Elzy

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:14:42 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?
It's flatline. You know. Because flatlines aren't wavy.

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:16:13 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?
why not FLATLINE then? The top/bottom of the letters line up that way

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:17:06 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?

Why not            ?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #427 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:20:46 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?

Why not            ?

Why not what? What goes in the blank? I have to know! Tell me now! The suspense is killing me!  :p

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #428 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:22:03 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?

Why not            ?

Why not what? What goes in the blank? I have to know! Tell me now! The suspense is killing me!  :p
Sorry, that information was oMiT-ed

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #429 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:44:06 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?

Why not            ?

Who knows what I was trying to say. I think I had something but I instead drew a blank.
All I can see is a line where a word should be.
Just a plain, flat line.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #430 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:44:30 »
 :thumb:

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #431 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:49:17 »

Yes short right shift and 1x Fn is included

Awesome! Thanks   :D

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #432 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 13:03:32 »
The hell is FLaTLiNE?

Why not            ?

Who knows what I was trying to say. I think I had something but I instead drew a blank.
All I can see is a line where a word should be.
Just a plain, flat line.

:thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #433 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:36:26 »
So many artisans just did Hyperfuse colors, I see a lot of cool caps being made to match this (These?) sets in the near future  :) Pretty sure Bro and HKP are already working on caps.

I do like BBJ quite a bit, definitely more than I thought I would. Not quite as in your face as BBQ. Will be handing over money.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #434 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:38:54 »

This is actually a very cool little point/topic. Passing along blessings of sets to others if you no longer want to run a set is a pretty stellar idea. You can always just hand the set to PMK and let them run it as requested by the community as well. Basically just drop off the design and forget about the rest

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:45:59 »
Gonna chase after SP tonight, no response yet. Hope my email didn't go straight to junk ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:47:01 »
Gonna chase after SP tonight, no response yet. Hope my email didn't go straight to junk ^_^

Have you tried calling them?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:48:00 »

Have you tried calling them?

No because long distance but I will if necessary.
I love Elzy

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #438 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:48:14 »

Have you made contact before? If you need contact info just PM me and Ill give you what you need. They usually respond within a day at the most

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:52:27 »

Have you made contact before? If you need contact info just PM me and Ill give you what you need. They usually respond within a day at the most

I should have melissa's email somewhere in my email archives but I used the contact form this time around. I'll give em a reminder email tonight
I love Elzy

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #440 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:54:15 »
I think it's probably all forwarded to Melissa's inbox.  :))

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:56:16 »
Wow. This set actually looks pretty decent. I'm surprised.  :thumb:

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #442 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:08:26 »
Dem renders are hot, the price point sounds great and I love the new name. Good work Sifo et al. :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:29:17 »
These are really nice , I would love a set. But the 3rd photos colors look a bit off of the others, or is it just me?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:31:46 »
They're just mock ups.

The color code is BBJ from SP

Also ya'll in this thread talking like you expected something less than amazing?
I love Elzy

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #445 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 18:41:22 »
Wow. This set actually looks pretty decent. I'm surprised.  :thumb:

Sifo's involved, what more can be said   8) .

His BJ choice is sublime and shall further enhance this colour-way.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #446 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:54:55 »
BBJ definitely seems like a much more pleasing color than BBQ. Never actually took the time to check the color chips.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 20:33:45 »
I love this set! The color combo is really great!

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #448 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 22:08:38 »
This anticipation is driving me insane. I NEED this.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 00:09:12 »
BBJ works though I honestly don't mind the BBQ.  The set looks good either way and glad to see it happening.