Author Topic: G80-1800 metal plate project  (Read 1918 times)

Offline averagetypist

G80-1800 metal plate project
« on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 10:25:32 »
Hey! I had this project in mind for long time, but I am failing to make it happen... I have stock G80-1800 (see attached photo for layout) and I wanted to change switches, keycaps and add aluminium plate.
I am using original PCB and struggle to find any plate layout, that would be suitable. KeyCompany have them in stock, but they are not shipping to Poland, so i decided to find a layout/ make my own and use my domestic laser cut options or a dremel :P. I have found this one: https://github.com/evyd13/gh80-series  but author did some changes to it to support custom PCB. My question is - will this plate design be suitable for original PCB of G80-1800? If not - can you point out what to change? Thanks!

To anyone interested: This project will be based on SA profile keycaps + glorious holy pandas.

Offline Faceman76

Re: G80-1800 metal plate project
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 11:07:04 »
Why will they not ship to Poland?  Is it a dollar amount issue?  I would recommend their PCB as well due to it solving any ghosting issues and much beefier traces. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline averagetypist

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 14:08:07 »
Why will they not ship to Poland?  Is it a dollar amount issue?  I would recommend their PCB as well due to it solving any ghosting issues and much beefier traces. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would have to make order for min 210$ :D That's not an option for me now :D

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 February 2022, 16:57:57 »
From GitHub there's a link to the designers website

From the website is a link to the designers Discord

In Discord perhaps the Designer would be online sometime