Author Topic: SKCM Alps compatible with Mathias stuff?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
SKCM Alps compatible with Mathias stuff?
« on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 20:19:21 »
Hi fellows! I'm planning a custom keyboard for SKCM blue Alps switches. Since these switches are rather ancient I need to know ...
   - are Matias keycaps compatible?
   - are Matias stabilizers compatible?
Or do I better get hold of original Alps caps and stabs?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: SKCM Alps compatible with Mathias stuff?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 21:55:29 »
Key caps are compatible.

Stabilizers? Whatever is on the top needs to match whatever is on the bottom. The switch shouldn't have a role there.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 22:42:55 »
.., stupid me, of course. And let's say I source original keycaps (from Apple keyboards for ex.) do they match with Matias stabs? And vice versa original stabs with Matias keycaps? Should be, I guess?
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 March 2022, 23:17:27 by Eszett »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 10:37:33 »
.., stupid me, of course. And let's say I source original keycaps (from Apple keyboards for ex.) do they match with Matias stabs? And vice versa original stabs with Matias keycaps? Should be, I guess?

Matias stabilizer inserts should fit original Alps caps, whether or not the slot for the stabilizer wire will work might depend on the combination of wire, plate and insert. Some people have filed the slots on the Matias inserts to work.

Costar stabilizers can be made made to work with Alps and Matias caps as well, with some modification.

If you buy any Tai-Hao Alps caps, you'll need Costar (for MX switches/caps) style inserts for them.