Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622972 times)

Offline Yzeets

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #750 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 21:46:24 »
logitech mx518 & intellimouse 3.0 forever

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #751 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:59:33 »
I <3 my SteelSeries sensei.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #752 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 10:19:06 »
I've been using a Razer Mamba for going on 2 years now with no issues. Wireless is the same performance as wired and it lasts a good 14 to 16 hours of constant usage. Very impressed with it.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #753 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 10:30:37 »
I have tried a decent ammount of mice in my day and I'd have to say my favorite is the Steelseries Sensi MLG edition.  It has the same shape as the Microsoft Intellimouse that I like but a better laser.
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline vsdubstep

« Reply #754 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 10:31:36 »
Zowie FK at the moment

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #755 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 11:04:04 »
Been using a Logitech G5 1st gen for 5 years. I hate that the scroll wheel clicks don't correlate to actuations.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #756 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 11:25:35 »
Razer DA Black Edition. I've tried many mice, including Dell, HP, IBM, Kensington, Logitech (various models), Microsoft,   Razer DA 2013, and SGI. The best by far is the Razer DA Black Edition. I like the shape, weight, non-sticky grip, easy-click buttons (left, right, center, and side), and the scroll wheel.

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #757 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 13:23:35 »
R.A.T 9... for now.  I hate wired mice.  Hope to never have to go back.  And, since I will never be a pro gamer, I think I can get away with it :)

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #758 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 21:45:44 »
I could have sworn I saw a link in this thread to an off-brand mouse, rather large, and at least two finger grooves on the right side.  Does that crap description ring a bell for anyone?  Can someone point me to the right link?

Kind of a non-standard shaped mouse, IIRC.

Mionix Naos
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 21:47:46 »
I could have sworn I saw a link in this thread to an off-brand mouse, rather large, and at least two finger grooves on the right side.  Does that crap description ring a bell for anyone?  Can someone point me to the right link?

Kind of a non-standard shaped mouse, IIRC.

Mionix Naos

Could also be the Func MS-3 or the Qpad 5k

Offline microjackson

« Reply #760 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 21:48:43 »
Steel Series Sensei!!!

Offline divito

« Reply #761 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 14:39:33 »
Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 for life.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #762 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 04:14:56 »
My favorite mouse is the Microsoft mouse.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline pr1me

« Reply #763 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:31:35 »
Kone XTD

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #764 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 17:48:06 »
logitech g9x is nice.

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline muad

« Reply #765 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:11:34 »
Roccat savu...

no prediction
no accelleration
Just a flawless sensor!

Offline Spartacus1923

« Reply #766 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:21:53 »
1. IE 3.0
2. DA2013

Changed a few days ago from ie3.0 to the deathadder 2013 with some new sidegrips after using the 3.0 for 10 years. Im in love with it ;). Changed the green led with whites. Looks incredible

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #767 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 21:29:17 »
For me, my all time fav mouse is the Logitech G9 v1 which I'd gotten at launch, still using it today on my 2nd rig. Recently replaced the Tt Level 10M mouse with a Roccat Kone XTD and this is one comfortable mouse to hold, I'm beginning to really like it, handles FPS games like UT3 pretty well, so I'm satisfied with it. So, my fav mice as of now are:
Logitech G9 (all time fav!)
Roccat Kone XTD (fast becoming my fav, but doubt it'd replace the G9 as my all time fav)

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #769 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 11:39:54 »
1. Roccat Kone Pure
2. Razer DeathAdder 2013

Offline Ekruceal

« Reply #770 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:51:14 »
Logitech G9x

Offline listokei

• ListoKei Blog
« Reply #771 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 23:04:39 »
IME 3.0
G400

I like big mice!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:53:51 »
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #773 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:26:13 »
Just found an old mouse when going through my desk last night.

It's the original Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 built in December 2007.  You wouldn't believe it but it still has it's original Duracell Batteries installed.

I was too lazy to empty the batts from the mouse and thinking that after all this time the rodent must be dead but as soon as I plugged the Mouse Receiver (nearly as big as the mouse itself) into the usb port, the rodent sprang to life.

I nearly fell out of my chair, that a wireless mouse with original batts would still be working.  In fact I'm still using it now, I will continue to use it until I can see them getting fully drained.  I use to remember using this mouse back then for several months and it still worked fine.  Remember the days when Microsoft actually made mice worth keeping.

This is one rodent I will keep no matter what.  Besides it's still comfortable to hold after all this time.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:33:10 by Elrick »

Offline M-88

« Reply #774 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 07:52:04 »
Microsoft "Wheel Mouse Optical".

The Beige ones have a better feel, but I do like the black ones as well.

They are , in my opinion, one of the most durable mice out there ... and they feel great!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:50:09 »
OK, I believe I've finally found my favorite mouse. It's Roccat Pyra. I have the wireless version right now, but using it as if it was wired.

It's small enough for fingertip grip even with my rather small hands; most importantly, it's short, shorter than the Zowie MiCO, and wider than the Logitech G300... and yeah, it's ambidextrous unlike the CM Storm Xornet. The smooth finish feels surprisingly good.

At last but not least, there's pretty good support for Roccat mouses on GNU/Linux. Thanks to it, I can reprogram one of the side buttons to work as middle click (because wheel click is way too stiff).

Offline Emospence

« Reply #776 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 03:21:00 »
Logitech G400, but I have limited experience with mice.

What other mice are there with relatively little frills but is lighter?
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #777 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 03:52:12 »
WMO is very light IMHO.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #778 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:15:12 »
Logitech G400, but I have limited experience with mice.

What other mice are there with relatively little frills but is lighter?
Cooler Master Storm Xornet, cheap and good......2000dpi is good enough for a 1080P/1200P screen. It has a similar grip style to my G9, which is why I like it a lot......excellent for FPS gaming.....on a budget.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #779 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 09:30:59 »
FUNNY NOW NOBODY POSTED THESE MICE UP YET...
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #780 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 00:01:06 »
FUNNY NOW NOBODY POSTED THESE MICE UP YET...
Show Image

Ahh yes the repellent iMac hockey-puck rodent.  Because Steve Jobs was directly involved with the design of this nasty piece of rubbish all the media throughout the world praised him for such a unique "looking" mouse.

Needless to say it was atrocious to use for more than five minutes and the ball that it uses always became blocked with dirt and grime.  In school when the Government spent millions installing these Candy Coloured horrors in my early years at TAFE, I couldn't get use to manipulating this vile rodent.  Yet because "Steve Jobs" designed it, it had to be fantastic  ??? .
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 00:03:21 by Elrick »

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #781 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 00:08:34 »
as a consequence of reading too much william gibson lately, i was on a quest to cyberpunkify my rig. consequently i found this mouse by elecom: the Scope Node Wireless

based on a design by masamune shirow!
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #782 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 00:23:31 »
as a consequence of reading too much william gibson lately, i was on a quest to cyberpunkify my rig. consequently i found this mouse by elecom: the Scope Node Wireless

Show Image

Cyberpunks don't use mice.

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #783 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 00:28:34 »

Show Image

Cyberpunks don't use mice.

lamentably none of my usual kit is compatible with vr goggles or powergloves.

soon as i can sign up for a brain/computer interface, i'm all about it, but until then i work with what i've got.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline vasouv

« Reply #784 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 03:22:19 »
The one I'm using right now; a Razer DeathAdder 3.5G. Fits my hand wonderfully, I just love it.

Offline Lawngahnome

« Reply #785 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 00:16:30 »
DeathAdder as well. Simple and effective.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #786 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 09:36:59 »
Razer DA Black Edition for me. Best ever. Among its other virtues, the surface remains dry to the touch.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #787 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 10:17:09 »
Razer DA Black Edition for me. Best ever. Among its other virtues, the surface remains dry to the touch.

The DA 2013 is the same. I absolutely love my 2013 (I have way too many mice though).

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #788 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 10:39:18 »
(I have way too many mice though).

No you don't >_>
You can never have too many.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #789 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:02:42 »

The DA 2013 is the same. I absolutely love my 2013 (I have way too many mice though).
Tried the DA 2013 and returned it for another DA Black Ed. Didn't like the textured rubber grips on the 2013. Good to have a choice to suit different preferences.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #790 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 03:46:05 »
No you don't >_>

That will be chiseled on my Tombstone  ;) .

Offline frogamic

« Reply #791 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 04:18:48 »
No you don't >_>

Unless you have more mice than keyboards. I also have the 2013 DA, I changed the LEDs in my filco to match the razer green. Has anyone else's DA stopped pulsating? The logo on mine now stays constantly lit, which I love.
Filco TKL | Filco ISO105 | Acer 6311-K71

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #792 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 05:06:47 »
No you don't >_>

Unless you have more mice than keyboards. I also have the 2013 DA, I changed the LEDs in my filco to match the razer green. Has anyone else's DA stopped pulsating? The logo on mine now stays constantly lit, which I love.

****, gimme dat. I've been trying to work out how to get that effing logo to stop pulsating. I know, it doesn't matter since it's purely visual, but it would look so much better if it was just always on.

Also, I have far more mice than keyboards and I'm not stopping yet.

Offline frogamic

« Reply #793 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 05:39:45 »
****, gimme dat. I've been trying to work out how to get that effing logo to stop pulsating. I know, it doesn't matter since it's purely visual, but it would look so much better if it was just always on.

I have absolutely no idea how it happened, but after swapping it between my macbook and PC a few times it's just on solidly. I was expecting to have to open it and put a capacitor across the LED to stop it cos it was pretty distracting.
Filco TKL | Filco ISO105 | Acer 6311-K71

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #794 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 12:54:13 »

I do. And I'm probably going to for a long time (I'm addicted to mice).

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #795 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 16:36:34 »
My favorite is probably the RAT 7 in terms of sheer comfort. I also love my MX518 and Lachesis, however.

And you can never have enough mice!
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #796 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 18:44:15 »
Oh wow... is the RAT 7 actually comfortable? I never considered it seriously because I was afraid it'd be too uncomfortable. It looks, at least on first glance without using it, heavy and bulky with a lot of sharp edges.

What games do you play, and how is it for fast, quick movements (for RTS's)?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #797 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 18:51:30 »
Oh wow... is the RAT 7 actually comfortable? I never considered it seriously because I was afraid it'd be too uncomfortable. It looks, at least on first glance without using it, heavy and bulky with a lot of sharp edges.

I actually think the RAT 7 is one of the more comfortable mice I've used. Not the best for fast and long movements though as it is quite heavy.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #798 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 20:33:07 »
I love the DeathAdder 2013! Really comfortable since I have pretty big hands hehe
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #799 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 11:18:18 »

Looking at it, I thought it would be uncomfortable too, but it just isn't. It fits my hand perfectly, and now I can't do without the side thumb and pinky rests. So you hand pretty much never touches the mouse pad. The red "aim" button is positioned perfectly and is actually useful, and the forward and back buttons a VERY easy to use, as your thumb always basically rests over them. Just all round great design.

I'm a Battlefield player, been playing FPS games since I was... I don't know, since Quake. I don't find the mouse to be too heavy, but then again, I like a bit of a hefty mouse. I have all the weights installed in mine, and my DPI is set to 4000. Seems to work perfect for me.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien