Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622765 times)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1050 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 16:36:33 »
adjustable sizing and weight ;D

cost...........?
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1051 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 17:24:35 »
The so-called 'crap sensor' will only effect the hard-core gamer, the rest of us won't even notice it when used every day in a normal fashion.

I must be an edge case then. I notice the issues with most laser sensors in day-to-day use (I'm not a hard-core gamer by any stretch of the imagination).

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1052 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 06:05:18 »
The so-called 'crap sensor' will only effect the hard-core gamer, the rest of us won't even notice it when used every day in a normal fashion.

I must be an edge case then. I notice the issues with most laser sensors in day-to-day use (I'm not a hard-core gamer by any stretch of the imagination).

I don't notice it, and I used to be a pretty hardcore gamer.

Of course, if I sat down and gathered performance data I might see a difference, but there's been no noticeable difference so far.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #1053 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:57:07 »
I notice the acceleration, too. Like most people, I didn't notice it at first, but it wasn't until I switched from the Razer Taipan (Avago laser sensor), to the Deathadder 2013 (optical sensor), and then back to the Razer Taipan, that I noticed it.

True, it did take a lot to notice it, but once I noticed it, it was hard not to, and then moved back to the Deathadder 2013 ever since. I'm now searching for a new optical mouse, since the DA is too big.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 January 2014, 08:21:10 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1054 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 13:06:47 »
Also, OSX is much more sensitive to laser mice issues than Windows is. I've noticed on OSX that optical mice are much much smoother than laser.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1055 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 13:47:38 »
Also, OSX is much more sensitive to laser mice issues than Windows is. I've noticed on OSX that optical mice are much much smoother than laser.

OSX has some pretty nasty acceleration built in by default, too (at least the early Snow Leopard version I was using). Had to use a 3rd party app to get rid of it when I was working on it.

Do you think that could be a factor in making the laser sensor faults more obvious?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1056 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 14:31:37 »

OSX has some pretty nasty acceleration built in by default, too (at least the early Snow Leopard version I was using). Had to use a 3rd party app to get rid of it when I was working on it.

Do you think that could be a factor in making the laser sensor faults more obvious?

I would imagine that the OS accel does make the inherent sensor accel more obvious, but I suppose it depends on how much accel from each source and how it's added.

Offline lilky

« Reply #1057 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:52:33 »
I notice the acceleration, too. Like most people, I didn't notice it at first, but it wasn't until I switched from the Razer Taipan (Avago laser sensor), to the Deathadder 2013 (optical sensor), and then back to the Razer Taipan, that I noticed it.

True, it did take a lot to notice it, but once I noticed it, it was hard not to, and then moved back to the Deathadder 2013 ever since. I'm now searching for a new optical mouse, since the DA is too big.

You should look into a Zowie FK or AM. I loved my Deathadder but it was too big for me (I use fingertip/claw grip, and  the DA is a palm grip mouse), so I switched to a Zowie FK and never looked back. I also prefer the higher tactility of the Zowie. The clicks are just more crisp and responsive.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1058 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 12:24:36 »

That's actually a good point, most likely. What did you end up using, SmoothMouse?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1059 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 13:02:57 »
g-five-hunna

Offline Neal

« Reply #1060 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 13:44:42 »
Sigh... G9x... How I miss you, if anyone has a NIB one. GIVE.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1061 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 14:09:11 »

I have a barely used one, but I suppose shipping wouldn't be worth it... especially considering I'm afraid I'm slowly getting into some financial trouble, hence s/give/sell.

I'm actually getting rid of my collection. (I was kinda surprised to find out I had at least 12 mouses. Now I know I won't use any but Roccat Pyra and CM Storm Xornet, until they break.)

Offline Neal

« Reply #1062 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 16:53:12 »

I have a barely used one, but I suppose shipping wouldn't be worth it... especially considering I'm afraid I'm slowly getting into some financial trouble, hence s/give/sell.

I'm actually getting rid of my collection. (I was kinda surprised to find out I had at least 12 mouses. Now I know I won't use any but Roccat Pyra and CM Storm Xornet, until they break.)
Keep it! Or if you're in need of money sell it, its a wonderful mouse if you ask me.
It's probably not too hard to find one, but I have not looked. o:

Offline Vaii

• wat
« Reply #1063 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 17:31:41 »
Really pleased with my Steelseries sensei at the moment.

However I used to use a razer naga back when I properly played MMO's and that one was a beast aswell.
wtb dark plushberry (mx) bbv2 / starcluster (mx) bbv2

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #1064 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 20:01:07 »

You should look into a Zowie FK or AM. I loved my Deathadder but it was too big for me (I use fingertip/claw grip, and  the DA is a palm grip mouse), so I switched to a Zowie FK and never looked back. I also prefer the higher tactility of the Zowie. The clicks are just more crisp and responsive.

Yes, thank you for the suggestion. I was just thinking about the Zowie FK a couple of days ago, but now that there's someone who has made the switch from Deathadder to a Zowie FK, and liked it, I'll consider it even more seriously.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1065 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 20:03:12 »
Really pleased with my Steelseries sensei at the moment.

However I used to use a razer naga back when I properly played MMO's and that one was a beast aswell.

I love mine as well. I change the light to the color of switch I'm using.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:43:28 »
i want to try something new.

my fav mice are deathadder and g9x.. what do you gentlemen recommend?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #1067 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:41:01 »
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Neal

« Reply #1068 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 04:19:33 »

g9x till you die.
On a serious note: same question. help.

Currently have a Feenix Nascita v1. It sucks, as expected of v1 products ofcourse.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1069 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 04:39:35 »

Just poking through the mice in my collection; the best alternative to the G9x shape seems to be the RAT7, although you've got quite a few more options since you also like the DA. For mice that are closer to the DA I'd recommend checking out the SS Rival or the coming CMStorm IME 3.0 clone.

There really isn't a proper replacement for a G9x, the RAT can be adjusted to a shape that's pretty close, but it's also got a PTE sensor and a bunch of parts that can break and whatnot.
I just hope Logitech makes a new G900 or something soon, because atm I don't dare use my G9x in case it dies on me.

Offline distel

« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 05:38:13 »
By far the best mouse i ever used was the Logitech Wingman Gaming Mouse.

Such a beauty. Sadly the last one I used died about 4 months ago and im not willed to open the original packaging of the one I got at home until I find an other one.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 07:43:15 »

Such a beauty. Sadly the last one I used died about 4 months ago and im not willed to open the original packaging of the one I got at home until I find an other one.
http://www.esreality.com/post/2486758/re-have-i-gone-too-far/

;)

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline distel

« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 08:42:26 »

http://www.esreality.com/post/2486758/re-have-i-gone-too-far/

;)

That's a great find! Thanks a lot.
Bookmarked it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1073 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 09:08:53 »

Just poking through the mice in my collection; the best alternative to the G9x shape seems to be the RAT7, although you've got quite a few more options since you also like the DA. For mice that are closer to the DA I'd recommend checking out the SS Rival or the coming CMStorm IME 3.0 clone.

There really isn't a proper replacement for a G9x, the RAT can be adjusted to a shape that's pretty close, but it's also got a PTE sensor and a bunch of parts that can break and whatnot.
I just hope Logitech makes a new G900 or something soon, because atm I don't dare use my G9x in case it dies on me.

Dumb reason but... I find all r.a.t. mice hideous and only reason why I wouldn't buy them. I'll take a look at the cm storm one. I did like the feel of the spawn. But the DPI settings were not of my liking. And it was a bit lightweight for me.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1074 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 13:28:09 »

It all depends to me on what you do most on the computer.

For forum, document, and web browsing I would use the Logitech G500s. Tracking is good, you can adjust weight, the scroll wheel lock/unlock feature is awesome for long document or forum pages!!!

For gaming I highly suggest the Logitech G400 (or G400s). Non-accelerated optical laser with the right OS mouse settings makes it incredibly accurate, it's light for quick movement, DPI adjustment and a default DPI setting to go back to your preferred setting with ease. Only problem with this mouse is the scroll wheel. It's stiff as hell and can be a pain to use.

I would also suggest the DeathAdder. I used the mouse for about a year and if it didn't die on me I would still be using it.

All my suggestion are more for the bigger palm grip style mouse. If you are looking for a fingertip mouse the IME 3.0 is okay but I like the CM Storm Spawn as well. With an updated firmware it also can have no built in acceleration.

If you always get curious (or crazy) you can try the Kensington Slimblade. Not as much for gaming but I love it for everything else.

Hope that helps.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1075 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 16:23:04 »
somebody earlier said something about modding a g400 with more weight

found a picture of the innards if it helps....

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1076 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 17:00:37 »

For forum, document, and web browsing I would use the Logitech G500s. Tracking is good, you can adjust weight, the scroll wheel lock/unlock feature is awesome for long document or forum pages!!!

For gaming I highly suggest the Logitech G400 (or G400s). Non-accelerated optical laser with the right OS mouse settings makes it incredibly accurate, it's light for quick movement, DPI adjustment and a default DPI setting to go back to your preferred setting with ease. Only problem with this mouse is the scroll wheel. It's stiff as hell and can be a pain to use.

I would also suggest the DeathAdder. I used the mouse for about a year and if it didn't die on me I would still be using it.

All my suggestion are more for the bigger palm grip style mouse. If you are looking for a fingertip mouse the IME 3.0 is okay but I like the CM Storm Spawn as well. With an updated firmware it also can have no built in acceleration.

If you always get curious (or crazy) you can try the Kensington Slimblade. Not as much for gaming but I love it for everything else.

Hope that helps.

i have a deathadder as my daily driver for the past year and some change.

is the g500 similar to the mx518? if so, i wasn't a huge fan of it. well, the size at least. didn't fit the claw/fingertip grip style im used to.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #1077 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:12:05 »
Show Image

The black Apple Pro mouse though... now you're talking.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:36:24 »

Hope that helps.

is the g500 similar to the mx518? if so, i wasn't a huge fan of it. well, the size at least. didn't fit the claw/fingertip grip style im used to.

The G500 is a big one like the MX518. I definitely wouldn't use it is you claw grip. I would try out the CM Storm Spawn. It's still a little big but the shape allows you to claw grip.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1079 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:39:02 »

Hope that helps.

The G500 is a big one like the MX518. I definitely wouldn't use it is you claw grip. I would try out the CM Storm Spawn. It's still a little big but the shape allows you to claw grip.

earlier:

I did like the feel of the spawn. But the DPI settings were not of my liking. And it was a bit lightweight for me.

problem with the DPI settings were.. either too high, or too low.

Offline Pac Caps

• Its almost a pallindrome
« Reply #1080 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:45:00 »
Hello everybody!

What's a good non gaming mouse that has ~1K DPI, is palm grip, and has extra buttons on the side?

Thanks! :thumb:
Want to be a cap maker

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1081 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:00:26 »

Bit interesting since g9x and death adder are somewhat polar opposite mice in terms of size.
I'm guessing you use some sort of hybrid fingertip/claw grip.

You might like the Zowie ec cl 1 or 2. Zowie FK also sounds like a good bet if the ambidextrous shape is more of your style.
You might also like the Roccat Kone Pure Optical.

« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:03:24 by the1onewolf »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1082 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:12:33 »

Bit interesting since g9x and death adder are somewhat polar opposite mice in terms of size.
I'm guessing you use some sort of hybrid fingertip/claw grip.

You might like the Zowie ec cl 1 or 2. Zowie FK also sounds like a good bet if the ambidextrous shape is more of your style.
You might also like the Roccat Kone Pure Optical.

yup!

im going to give the rival a try

Offline ihateregister

• I like cookies. Yum!
« Reply #1083 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 23:04:43 »
My favorite mouse is a Roccat Kone XTD. You can change the DPI on the fly, the sensor is 8200 DPI, class 1 laser product warning.. funny, with two light strips across the sides (easier to find). The bottom sliding material is amazing, and I feel like I can move the cursor pixel by pixel with ease! (On my 1080P monitor.) The USB cord is wrapped in a highly durable cloth weave. It comes with 4x 5 gram weights to change the density of the mouse. (I tried the weights, and it felt really heavy, so I put them back in the case.) On the con sides;

-It costs too much. (~$80 on amazon)
-I think it should be lighter?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1084 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 23:52:25 »
My favorite mouse is a Roccat Kone XTD. You can change the DPI on the fly, the sensor is 8200 DPI, class 1 laser product warning.. funny, with two light strips across the sides (easier to find). The bottom sliding material is amazing, and I feel like I can move the cursor pixel by pixel with ease! (On my 1080P monitor.) The USB cord is wrapped in a highly durable cloth weave. It comes with 4x 5 gram weights to change the density of the mouse. (I tried the weights, and it felt really heavy, so I put them back in the case.) On the con sides;

I think another con is that it's not an optical sensor although this is somewhat a matter of preference.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1085 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 02:58:26 »

I think another con is that it's not an optical sensor although this is somewhat a matter of preference.

Kone Pure Optical has a 4000dpi optical sensor, as does the Savu. Both are worth a look.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 January 2014, 02:32:07 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 14:07:19 »
im going to give the rival a try

You won't be disappointed. It's an absolute beast.

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #1087 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 10:33:15 »
I've got the same G9 since 2007, never had any issue with it, even works on glass surface (but that's not very good for sliding pads life). Easy to clean and to configure. No need to change until it dies, if it does^^
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1088 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 10:41:24 »
I'm still rocking a Logitech but recently upgraded from the G700 to the G700s.

Not sure if its a huge difference other than its new and I'm loving this 8200 DPI. :thumb:

Offline illy865

« Reply #1089 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:38:42 »

Not sure if its a huge difference other than its new and I'm loving this 8200 DPI. :thumb:

I got the G700s during Amazon's Cyber Monday sale to replace my dying VX Revolution and I love it for general and gaming use.  I usually don't need such DPI for most things, but it has the perfect amount of buttons without looking too busy.  Remapping some of them has already started to save me some time.
AEK - Orange ALPS | Leopold FC700R - Cherry MX Red | CM Storm Quickfire TK - Cherry MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1090 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 13:25:11 »

I got the G700s during Amazon's Cyber Monday sale to replace my dying VX Revolution and I love it for general and gaming use.  I usually don't need such DPI for most things, but it has the perfect amount of buttons without looking too busy.  Remapping some of them has already started to save me some time.

Yeah, honestly the extra buttons are my favorite part. I map them to commands in the software I use, so convenient.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1091 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 15:22:46 »
Why not get one of those MMO mouses with 20-30 buttons on the side  :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1092 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 20:48:53 »
Why not get one of those MMO mouses with 20-30 buttons on the side  :p

Those are ugly, don't look comfortable and are not wireless :D

But they were considered.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 20:50:43 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1093 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 20:52:14 »
Whats the most comfortable mouse under $60?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1094 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 20:59:35 »

I like IME 3 style mice.
So my vote goes to the zowie Gear EC1 EVO which is just shy of 60.
G400 is also very comfortable.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1095 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 21:00:35 »

Well I only paid ~$53 for one of my G700's.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1097 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 21:28:37 »
Do you guys not like a higher DPI?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1098 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:02:16 »

Hmmm I do like high DPI for general use but I don't like the acceleration and some of the inherent laser sensor flaws bother me.
For me, I started with an optical mouse but then it was stolen :/
I moved on to the g9x, had some issues with it because it was a bit small for me.
Tried some more various laser mouse devices. They didn't feel quite right but I couldn't pinpoint it.
One day, I tried an optical mouse (g400 revision) at a friend's place and I realized why.
I know the DA2013 and SS rival have higher DPI optical but those are reported to have some slight issues past it's native DPI.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1099 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:54:42 »

Higher DPI doesn't mean better. I've tried using a mouse at 6400 DPI and felt like I was trying to catch a fish with a fish in each hand.

I would rather have a lower DPI with an non accelerated optical laser. The G500 isn't bad for daily use but for gaming I'll take a Trackball or G400.