Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 619528 times)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1500 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 16:09:11 »
Thank you very much and you are welcome! Although to be honest I think I am terrible at writing reviews.

Yes � the main mouse buttons are by far the strong point of the G302/G303. They are lighter than the Huanos in Zowies, while at the same time having that satisfying click, without being overly light to the point that you would inadvertently actuate them like on some iterations of the Razer Deathadder. I do insist though that the shape is not for everyone and is what will either make you love or hate the G302/G303.

I play a bit of everything but I do love and play a lot of FPSes such as Quake Live, TF2 and Counter Strike. As for the Pixart 3366/G303, no, I have not tried it yet since the G302's implementation of the AM010 fits my needs. That being said, I am always game for trying out new things, so in the near future I might end up purchasing a G303. Regarding braided cables, I expressed my thoughts right above. If the 3366 on the G303 is to my liking, I will most probably switch out the cable with a unit from the G302.

My opinion is that Pixart 3366 is the best sensor out at the moment. I tried out the G502 for about a week with the same Pixart 3366 sensor and it was flawless in my testing.
I agree with you that AM010 is a fine sensor and should work fine, but I think you'd enjoy the 3366 sensor when you do try it out in the future :)
I also enjoy trying out new things... and the price tag for the G303 is at $50 right now, precisely the price I'd been waiting for since its $70-mark release.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Daedalus-Performance-Edition-910-004380/dp/B00TKFD51M/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I'm about to click on the order button. lol  ;D

edit: ordered! I should take advantage of the Prime shipping while I still have it, and I could always try it out and return it if I don't like it.
Here we go!
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 16:14:59 by sorijealut »

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1501 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 17:09:32 »
The Razer Deathadder fits my hand comfortably. Just enough buttons for what I do, and I have had no issues with it at all.

The shape is definitely one of the the best ergonomic form factors out there, but my experience with Razer and their build quality is on the negative side of things. I also do not like Synapse as on certain SKUs it introduces some sort of input lag and how they more or less try to force it on you (cf. Abyssus 2014).

My opinion is that Pixart 3366 is the best sensor out at the moment. I tried out the G502 for about a week with the same Pixart 3366 sensor and it was flawless in my testing.
I agree with you that AM010 is a fine sensor and should work fine, but I think you'd enjoy the 3366 sensor when you do try it out in the future :)
I also enjoy trying out new things... and the price tag for the G303 is at $50 right now, precisely the price I'd been waiting for since its $70-mark release.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Daedalus-Performance-Edition-910-004380/dp/B00TKFD51M/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I'm about to click on the order button. lol  ;D

edit: ordered! I should take advantage of the Prime shipping while I still have it, and I could always try it out and return it if I don't like it.
Here we go!

I think it's safe to say that as we speak the Pixart 3366 is the objectively the best performing sensor on the market. I do not feel comfortable spending the money on a G303 right now as the retail price where I am is €69.99 which is too expensive in my opinion.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the G303 after running it through some gameplay?

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1502 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 18:02:18 »
I think it's safe to say that as we speak the Pixart 3366 is the objectively the best performing sensor on the market. I do not feel comfortable spending the money on a G303 right now as the retail price where I am is €69.99 which is too expensive in my opinion.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the G303 after running it through some gameplay?

I agree, it wouldn't be worth that price for trial. I'm surprised the price drop came as quick as it did here in the states - hoping your location will follow soon!
It would be my pleasure, you helped me a great deal with yours as well :cool:
I'll be mainly testing it for CS:GO and a bit of moba gaming as well.
I'm looking forward to getting the mouse in 2 days!

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1503 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 18:10:20 »
I agree, it wouldn't be worth that price for trial. I'm surprised the price drop came as quick as it did here in the states - hoping your location will follow soon!
It would be my pleasure, you helped me a great deal with yours as well :cool:
I'll be mainly testing it for CS:GO and a bit of moba gaming as well.
I'm looking forward to getting the mouse in 2 days!
Thanks! I'll be keeping an eye out for your opinion : )

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #1504 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 19:31:57 »
g400 is what I've stuck with for the past few years, but I don't think I 've found a mouse yet that I can call my fav

I have big hands, so finding a mouse that I could actully palm grip for a change would be nice

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1505 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:04:05 »
Have you tried the G402 which is based on the G400 form factor?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1506 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:06:34 »
g400 is what I've stuck with for the past few years, but I don't think I 've found a mouse yet that I can call my fav

I have big hands, so finding a mouse that I could actully palm grip for a change would be nice

Show Image

Same here! I really think I'll end up using this until it dies, I just haven't found anything more comfortable for me than the g400.  The new ducky mouse did kind of intrigue me based off the teaser video, I'll have to get some more information on it though before committing to buy it though.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1507 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 20:08:21 »

Show Image

Good choice there, most manufacturers now have decided to make small mice for Star Wars Jawa's and it can only be used by midgets.

Nice to see fellow Geekhackers sticking with the classic shape of input devices, that Logitech has ever made in their existence.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1508 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 21:18:22 »

Show Image

Same here! I really think I'll end up using this until it dies, I just haven't found anything more comfortable for me than the g400.  The new ducky mouse did kind of intrigue me based off the teaser video, I'll have to get some more information on it though before committing to buy it though.

Yeah, in all my experience my mx518/g400 were the most comfortable. It's really unbeatable...
Wow, I just watched the trailer and yeah, I've been curious about that Ducky mouse. I think I remember someone joking that it will have a PBT shell (looks like it really does! o.o).
Good form factor, check. Omron switches, check. As long as the sensor is decent it looks to be a hopeful one (since it's Pixart, I think it will do just fine).

Offline jsbradley7

« Reply #1509 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 22:02:07 »
Not sure how big your guys' hands are but from the edge of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is ~7 1/8 inches.  The mouse in the pics is the Naos 3200 but it's the same size and shape as the Naos 7000 and Naos 8200.

Two-handed pic and the worst one of the three.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1510 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 08:00:09 »
As long as the sensor is decent it looks to be a hopeful one (since it's Pixart, I think it will do just fine).
If the CPI steps shown in the trailer are anything to go by, my bet would be on a 3310.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1511 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 08:26:45 »
Not sure how big your guys' hands are but from the edge of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is ~7 1/8 inches.  The mouse in the pics is the Naos 3200 but it's the same size and shape as the Naos 7000 and Naos 8200.

Show Image

Two-handed pic and the worst one of the three.

Show Image

Show Image

Now, there's a "Love or hate" mouse right there.

My father said it's the best mouse he's ever used, until I gave him a Func MS-3:

I myself, dislike both, but it's all subjective and depends on the size of your hand and the way you grip your mouse.

The Logitech G602 and Steelseries Rival are far better for me to Palm-grip rather than these two, although I normally use Fingertip-grip.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 June 2015, 08:36:19 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jsbradley7

« Reply #1512 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:26:50 »
I like the way the Func MS-3 looks, the extra thumb buttons, and the shoulder button. The draw back to me is the Avago ANDS 9500 sensor.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1513 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:00:06 »
The MS-3 ain't that bad, it's really comfy. But it's a pain if you lift your mouse off the mat at all.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1514 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 20:09:35 »
Got my G303!

Initial impressions:
  • The box that it comes shipped in is flimsy! It was pretty crushed up.
    Amazon apparently chooses bubbler mail over a box since it's small.
  • Gotta admit the RGB looks pretty good, har har :))
  • It's a long and narrow shape. The back end touches your palm if you palm it. I think it'll take some time getting used to it.
  • Actually a really comfortable mouse.
  • Sensor works great as expected. There was negative feedback on software's surface calibration- I'll be trying it out on QcK to lower LOD
  • Seems ideal for fingertip grip. Shape probably isn't ideal for FPS or whatever, but I did alright when I tried it out for a game.
  • Left/right clicks are amazing. Compared to my FK1, has faster response time by 15-20ms

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1515 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 01:53:17 »

Show Image

Yeah, in all my experience my mx518/g400 were the most comfortable. It's really unbeatable...
Wow, I just watched the trailer and yeah, I've been curious about that Ducky mouse. I think I remember someone joking that it will have a PBT shell (looks like it really does! o.o).
Good form factor, check. Omron switches, check. As long as the sensor is decent it looks to be a hopeful one (since it's Pixart, I think it will do just fine).

i'm still a g400 fan :-) the shape isn't perfect for me, but the sweet clicks make up for that.
unfortunately the coating of my g400 wore down pretty quickly.
and the points at which i click M1 and M2 are so damn shiny and texture-less nowadays, it honestly gets on my nerves quite quickly and i just end up switching to one of my other mice because of it..

a PBT shell does sound interesting, though. (do you have a link/source?)
because coating has always been a problem for me: either it's hard to clean, has a bad grip or just wears down really fast.
it's hard to imagine creating a PBT shell without bad warp, though.

edit: seen the clip(s).
and i don't know why i assumed it wouldn't have coating just because it uses PBT.
maybe coating-less would be crap for grip, anyway..
quite curious to this mouse, must say (because the clip hints it won't have coating) :-)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2015, 02:30:06 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1516 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 16:06:39 »
i'm still a g400 fan :-) the shape isn't perfect for me, but the sweet clicks make up for that.
unfortunately the coating of my g400 wore down pretty quickly.
and the points at which i click M1 and M2 are so damn shiny and texture-less nowadays, it honestly gets on my nerves quite quickly and i just end up switching to one of my other mice because of it..

a PBT shell does sound interesting, though. (do you have a link/source?)
because coating has always been a problem for me: either it's hard to clean, has a bad grip or just wears down really fast.
it's hard to imagine creating a PBT shell without bad warp, though.

edit: seen the clip(s).
and i don't know why i assumed it wouldn't have coating just because it uses PBT.
maybe coating-less would be crap for grip, anyway..
quite curious to this mouse, must say (because the clip hints it won't have coating) :-)

Zowie mice have super resistant and dry-feeling coating on their mice, one of the best! Maybe you'll like them!
Haha yeah I know what you mean, I'm hoping it's just a simple PBT shell as well, rubber and stuff is too distracting sometimes.

They uploaded a slightly edited video
which does indeed confirm the 3310 sensor! I guess Ducky's done their research, then.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1517 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 17:28:58 »
Got my G303!

Initial impressions:
  • The box that it comes shipped in is flimsy! It was pretty crushed up.
    Amazon apparently chooses bubbler mail over a box since it's small.
  • Gotta admit the RGB looks pretty good, har har :))
  • It's a long and narrow shape. The back end touches your palm if you palm it. I think it'll take some time getting used to it.
  • Actually a really comfortable mouse.
  • Sensor works great as expected. There was negative feedback on software's surface calibration- I'll be trying it out on QcK to lower LOD
  • Seems ideal for fingertip grip. Shape probably isn't ideal for FPS or whatever, but I did alright when I tried it out for a game.
  • Left/right clicks are amazing. Compared to my FK1, has faster response time by 15-20ms
Show Image

Show Image

Nice !

Offline Shuki

« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 15:13:35 »
Glad you are enjoying the 303 sorijealut. It's a hard mouse to recommend to people because it has a very different shape. For me it took just a few days to get used to and I love it. The clicks are extremely high quality and the sensor is great, definitely the most polished mouse I have used.

My previous favourite mouse was the razer krait, but the quality was bad, I went through ~10 of them while my friend had used the same mx518 without it breaking. Hopefully this 303 will have the longevity the other logitech mice seem to have.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 16:03:09 »
Glad you are enjoying the 303 sorijealut. It's a hard mouse to recommend to people because it has a very different shape. For me it took just a few days to get used to and I love it. The clicks are extremely high quality and the sensor is great, definitely the most polished mouse I have used.

My previous favourite mouse was the razer krait, but the quality was bad, I went through ~10 of them while my friend had used the same mx518 without it breaking. Hopefully this 303 will have the longevity the other logitech mice seem to have.

:D Thanks Shuki!
I agree with you, I don't think I can recommend it to everyone because the shape is so love or hate. It's still really not "ideal" for me, but its strong points give it the chance to be one of the better mice out there right now. It's a shame because I feel like they could have really done a better job with the shape to be more all-rounded.
The person at Logitech that brought about all these wonky space-theme designs, I don't like you >:(
It was hard getting used to it the first day but it does seem to get better. One interesting thing is that the mouse only weighs 87g on paper but actually feels heavier in the hand - could it be the weight distribution or my grip with ring finger and thumb? Whatever the case, for FPS games that sometimes needs some lifting of the mouse to readjust, I found it difficult to do so.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 June 2015, 16:07:48 by sorijealut »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #1520 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 03:08:54 »
I hate to put a damper on the positive G303 posts, but I, too, picked up a G303, and thought the shape wasn't that bad and could be something I could get used to... at first. And then a couple of weeks into it, I just got tired of the shape and set it aside.

It's that weird diamond shape - causing me to have that more "forward" and "aggressive" claw/finger-tip grip. It just doesn't make sense, man.

I play D3 a lot, and the Demon Hunter class (an archer class, basically) is what I play the most, which requires a lot of kiting (not a lot of broad sweeping movements like when playing an FPS, but short and really quick movements). And the shape is just horrible for that kind of movement. My fingers and hand need to be stable to be able to make those moves, but those angles make it hard for me to keep a consistent grip while making those quick movements. My preference is definitely for more of a straighter, ambidextrous shape, like the Zowie FK1.

I honestly don't know what's going on in the Logitech offices over there. It's like they don't even do tests on their products, given how their latest products like the G303 and G502 have glaring usability issues (terrible shape on the G303, and the ridiculous weight on the G502) - it's like they just slap together a bunch of features, and call it a done product. :confused:
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2015, 03:22:29 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1521 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 08:21:36 »
I hate to put a damper on the positive G303 posts, but I, too, picked up a G303, and thought the shape wasn't that bad and could be something I could get used to... at first. And then a couple of weeks into it, I just got tired of the shape and set it aside.

It's that weird diamond shape - causing me to have that more "forward" and "aggressive" claw/finger-tip grip. It just doesn't make sense, man.

I play D3 a lot, and the Demon Hunter class (an archer class, basically) is what I play the most, which requires a lot of kiting (not a lot of broad sweeping movements like when playing an FPS, but short and really quick movements). And the shape is just horrible for that kind of movement. My fingers and hand need to be stable to be able to make those moves, but those angles make it hard for me to keep a consistent grip while making those quick movements. My preference is definitely for more of a straighter, ambidextrous shape, like the Zowie FK1.

I honestly don't know what's going on in the Logitech offices over there. It's like they don't even do tests on their products, given how their latest products like the G303 and G502 have glaring usability issues (terrible shape on the G303, and the ridiculous weight on the G502) - it's like they just slap together a bunch of features, and call it a done product. :confused:

It could be worse  :))

My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1522 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 12:02:22 »
my head exploded, thanks wetto
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1523 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 16:29:28 »

You nailed it Fuzzy. For me as well, a mouse that forces you to grab it in any specific way really isn't my thing. The FK1 is the best mouse I've used so far as well, because of that reason - it doesn't force any one grip style. On the G303, quick swipes are pretty tiring to perform on it because my hand is gripping forward to avoid grabbing the pointed sides (it wouldn't be so bad without them).

This is why I think makers like Zowie are really doing it right with all their peripherals, they test dimensions to the millimeters, also providing many different sizes, and listen to user feedback SUPER closely (as an example, FK1 pre-2015 has a click latency slower than ones after 2015, they've improved it by ~8ms after listening). I feel like one of these days they really will create the perfect mouse. The formula has been stick to a dead solid sensor, and work different shell types to fit many styles. Logitech needs to go back their focus on superior shapes rather than only relying on sensor testing/quality.

Offline KingWhoDat

« Reply #1524 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 02:11:51 »
Zowie AM, pre Ben-Q with Huano switches and a 3310.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #1525 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 13:33:11 »
logitech g502
hi.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #1526 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 00:33:27 »
Zowie is great. But my favorite mouse is probably the Mionix Naos 7000. It's on MD for ~$45 shipped CONUS here if anyone is interested. It uses the "flawless" PMW3310 optical sensor that everyone loves. So you can't go wrong. ;)
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
Looking for a mouse
« Reply #1527 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 09:04:13 »
So I've looked for a mouse that didn't suck for a long time. I doubt a great one for me exists, but perhaps someone has seen something close.

- I'm left handed
 - Don't really need more than three buttons/scroll wheel, would prefer the middle button be dedicated (as opposed to clicking the scroll wheel), but that's not a deal-breaker
 - Really don't want buttons on the sides - that is a deal-breaker
 - Do find easily adjustable resolution handy
 - Prefer a heavier mouse, but that doesn't matter so much
 - Would prefer no gratuitous LEDs, or at least that they turn off and stay off without a Windows driver (Linux machine)

I currently have a Mionix Avior-8200. The shape is great. The side buttons are annoying as hell. It could be a bit heavier, and I've considered cracking it open and weighting it, but the side buttons bother me so much that I'd rather just replace it.

In my more ambitious dreams, I try to work through what it would take to make a mirror-image clone of the Logitech M570, for lefties. I'm pretty convinced I'd really like using that. But I've always had a mouse as well as a trackpad; they get used for different things.

Offline Omnipotent

Re: Looking for a mouse
« Reply #1528 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 14:41:19 »
So I've looked for a mouse that didn't suck for a long time. I doubt a great one for me exists, but perhaps someone has seen something close.

- I'm left handed
 - Don't really need more than three buttons/scroll wheel, would prefer the middle button be dedicated (as opposed to clicking the scroll wheel), but that's not a deal-breaker
 - Prefer a heavier mouse, but that doesn't matter so much
 - Would prefer no gratuitous LEDs, or at least that they turn off and stay off without a Windows driver (Linux machine)

I currently have a Mionix Avior-8200. The shape is great. The side buttons are annoying as hell. It could be a bit heavier, and I've considered cracking it open and weighting it, but the side buttons bother me so much that I'd rather just replace it.

In my more ambitious dreams, I try to work through what it would take to make a mirror-image clone of the Logitech M570, for lefties. I'm pretty convinced I'd really like using that. But I've always had a mouse as well as a trackpad; they get used for different things.

Just a headsup, the 8200 is actually a laser mouse, which is inferior to the 7000 with the optical sensor in terms of quality. The higher numbers aren't always better.

One thing I've noticed about most mice is that they aren't really designed well for left handed people. They are almost all exclusively designed for right handed people. My brother is left handed and is constantly complaining about things (like scissors which are almost always designed for right handed people). The Avior is really one of the best choices for left handed people.

Really don't want buttons on the sides - that is a deal-breaker
Does this also include the common forward & back buttons? Or are those okay? I can understand not wanting 16 buttons on a mouse, but the forward and back buttons can be extremely useful when browsing the web.

Do find easily adjustable resolution handy
Guessing you mean easily adjustable DPI? Like the buttons on the Mionix Avior/Naos?
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1529 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 06:25:49 »
the only decent (ergo) left-handed mouse i know of is the DA3.5g , but it's old now and its features are dated. besides, the (large) shape is quite hit-or-miss.
the issue with most ambi mice i have is that most of them have 4 side-buttons, and the 2 side-buttons on the left will annoy my ring-finger :-/
if i would be looking for another left-handed mouse, i would probably just use an ambidextrous mouse without any side-buttons. but most of those are old and/or budget mice, with very few features..

as for left-handed trackballs, check out Elecom
edit: specifically, the Elecom M-XT4DRBK: amazon link
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 October 2016, 10:08:30 by Bucake »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Looking for a mouse
« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 05:19:25 »

- I'm left handed

Mionix Avior 7000 or Castor, but preferably the Avior. I've been looking for ages for myself as well. Finally, I've settled on the Avior which is amazing. The Castor is also good, but underwhelmed me. I use Avior 24/7 home and at the office, and my gf does as well.

You can also NOT use the buttons on the side. You can disable them completely.

You can do so on the mouse with the buttons around the scroll wheel.

It has RGB leds, but you can turn them off.

Avior 8200 is a DOWN GRADE compared to the 7000, given it's laser and much less accurate and even jumpy at times. I've had the 8200 as well and returned it. I thought "well how bad could laser be? why else would they produce it?". And well... I hated it.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline The_Boom_Boy

« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 07:59:58 »
Mionix naos 7000

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #1532 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 20:42:45 »
I love the sensor in my g502, but for some reason cant shake the form of the deathadder. If only I could get the deathadder with the PMW3366 I would be a happy camper.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #1533 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 23:15:42 »
R.A.T.7 or the DeathAdder (Especially the Black Edition ones.)

Currently testdriving Kana V.2's

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 01:35:16 »
Logitech G502  :thumb:
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline Alline Cliff

« Reply #1535 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 05:44:18 »
Logitech works well with me and my my computer!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 05:46:01 by Alline Cliff »

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1536 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 16:21:08 »
Logitech works well with me and my my computer!

What logitech.

Offline drevyek

« Reply #1537 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 22:06:12 »
I'm not a big fan of having extra buttons on the mouse, so I've been always preferential to mice with only the 2 main buttons, and a scrollwheel.

The market isn't the best. I had used an old Dell OCJ339 for years, even going so far as to replace the switches inside and the scroll wheel itself.

However, I've since moved on to better pastures, and got myself a Steelseries Kinzu v3, which is downright amazing. The "special" drivers don't run on linux, but that isn't really a problem, as I rarely change DPI settings. The mouse is really comfortable for me. These aren't easily gotten stateside, and I got mine in from Korea (yay Amazon). They have a relatively (vs Razer) higher force requirement for the mouse buttons, which lets me rest my fingers on the buttons more soundly, and the scroll wheel is very satisfying. Would 100% get again, if it ever does kick the bucket.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #1538 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 05:01:23 »
I try DA, DA elite, g502, g900, ec2a. I think g900 is the best.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1539 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 16:02:08 »
I love the sensor in my g502, but for some reason cant shake the form of the deathadder. If only I could get the deathadder with the PMW3366 I would be a happy camper.

Go with the Logitech G403. 3366 sensor (I believe), very close to the DA form factor (a bit higher bump). Can't recommend enough.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1540 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 16:03:31 »
Just got a G900. Not sure if I like it more than my G403, but god damn is it the best performing wireless mouse I've ever used. I literally cannot tell that it's not wired.

The only thing the G602 beats it out on is battery life.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #1541 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 16:04:17 »

Go with the Logitech G403. 3366 sensor (I believe), very close to the DA form factor (a bit higher bump). Can't recommend enough.
Shortly after that post I picked up a G403. I love it, the hump in the palm is a little odd at first but you get over it quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #1542 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:06:14 »
Just got a G900. Not sure if I like it more than my G403, but god damn is it the best performing wireless mouse I've ever used. I literally cannot tell that it's not wired.

The only thing the G602 beats it out on is battery life.

g900  :thumb:

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #1543 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 17:35:15 »
I used to have a Microsoft Sidewinder X5. I miss that mouse so much. It got tons of good AWP kills in CS 1.6. I don't think I could go back from trackball though.

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
« Reply #1544 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:29:36 »
Honestly my favorite shape is this dinky $5 mouse that my work gave me.  Just fits so comfortably in my hand.  For gaming at home, my favorite mouse switches pretty much daily between the GPro, G403, and EC2A

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #1545 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 01:52:15 »
tie between deathadder (new models old ones suck cock) and the zowie fk1.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1546 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 03:14:26 »
Logitech g303 g302 are being discontinued, if someone is waiting to buy them... now it's time!

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1547 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 05:38:30 »
still feel most at home with the G400, DA and IME3.0..
dunno why tbh, i don't really like the shape of the G400, and the DA and IME are both too big for me.
i think the G403 is a good mouse, but in the end the high back and thumb area are not for me.

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
« Reply #1548 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 09:57:30 »
Logitech g303 g302 are being discontinued, if someone is waiting to buy them... now it's time!

Oo thanks for that, need to try to get a g303 then.  My friend swears by it but the shape always seemed a little off-putting for me

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #1549 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 10:30:25 »
After reviewing ~15 mice, my favorite after many months of continuous use is still the Steelseries Rival 300 Black.