Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 336820 times)

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 16:52:51 »
So... I have yet to play Total War: Warhammer II, as my sister, our friends, and I haven't been able to get a game going due to the schedules not quite lining up yet. But I did get through a bit of my backlog, namely Ghostrunner. This game is amazing if you're a fan of movement shooters, because it's basically a movement shooter like Titanfall 2, but with melee combat over shooting combat and the game being built as a platformer. The story isn't the strongest, sure, but that's not why you play that particular game. Honestly considering going for 100% on it.

I've also recently been dipping my toes back into MH Rise, as I haven't touched it for a bit in favor of some other games my friends have been playing, and it is definitely still a really good Monster Hunter game. Hell yeah.

Also been playing some Vermintide 2 lately, working on one of the hardest levels in the game and it is just kicking my group's ass. Still fun af though.

And, last but definitely not least, I found a complete in box copy of Pokemon Platinum, which I've been searching for in order to add to my collection for literal years. My personal favorite in the series, hands down, in the original box with the original documentation and manual. It cost me about $160 US before tax, but it was well worth it for the nostalgia and to have a physical copy of what is, in my opinion, the best Pokemon game ever released.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1101 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 17:21:33 »
Been playing Might and Magic 8 Merge Mod, which is a mod created by some galaxy brained crazy person that somehow merged M&M 6/7/8 into a single game using the M&M8 engine. No idea how they did it, or what autistic black magic 4th dimension coding they used to do something so demanding for no gain, but it is flooding me with nostalgia and frustration. Nostalgic frustration, but in a good way. Ahh childhood. When the most complicated task of my week was figuring out how to push a hidden puke green switch on a puke green wall behind a barrier while being attacked by wraiths and skeletons to retrieve a nameless crystal for reasons I cannot discern.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1102 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 13:32:19 »
I'm getting back into modded Skyrim because why play a new game when you can play a decades old game over, and over, and over again.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:25:10 »
Been playing the diagnostic game w/ getting New World to run properly on my rig - ran fine in the Alpha but now get random crashes (full system power cut) in certain areas in the beginning.  Don't want to chance frying my GPU which fortunately has maxed out at 55-60c (benefits of a full cover waterblock on my GPU).  So far this is the only title to cause this out of my large backlog of games.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 11:20:29 »
Been playing the diagnostic game w/ getting New World to run properly on my rig - ran fine in the Alpha but now get random crashes (full system power cut) in certain areas in the beginning.  Don't want to chance frying my GPU which fortunately has maxed out at 55-60c (benefits of a full cover waterblock on my GPU).  So far this is the only title to cause this out of my large backlog of games.

If you are lucky enough have one of the higher end GPUs to come out in recent years, be careful with that game. I don't know if it's just on the Nvidia 3090s and 3080s, or if it's the entire 3000 series, or if it even applies to Radeon GPUs, but I have seen some troubling stuff recently that New World can actually brick those GPUs. It's one of the few new games I would recommend playing on a less powerful GPU just in case. I would recommend looking into it more and not taking my word on it at any sort of face value, since there's articles and videos that can go into much more detail than I can given that I only heard of the issue recently, don't know much about it since I don't plan to play New World and haven't looked into it that deeply, and I'm at work and can't access anything to look into it further right now.

TL;DR: I've heard New World is bricking some higher end GPUs, I don't know any more than that so look into it further if you're running one.

Offline Play Avery

• Mkeebs and Setup Enthusiast
« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 22:41:47 »
Just got my PS5 for a month but only been playing PS4 titles except for FIFA21  :p

I play a lot of Destiny 2 and of course, dropping into Verdansk every once in awhile  :))

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1106 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 12:41:38 »
Just got my PS5 for a month but only been playing PS4 titles except for FIFA21  :p

Honestly, if I were to get a console other than my Switch, it would be a PS5. I have a PC, so all of the exclusives I would want from Xbox are already available to me, and I have a Switch for the Nintendo titles. I don't have a lot of games I would get for the console, honestly, but I would definitely use it for Bloodborne, God of War, Demon's Souls, and the new Sackboy game (I know it's not the greatest, but hey, it's a new 3D platformer from a AAA publisher other than Nintendo in today's market, which is great, and they included music from one of my favorite bands, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. I'm kinda obligated to play it lol). There's a few more I can't think of at the moment, but those are the main ones.

Currently, though, I'm trying to focus on a move and finally finishing up Monster Hunter: World. Need those Fatalis and AT Velkhana sets added to my arsenal before I consider myself done with that game, and that's not counting that I want every layered armor.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1107 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 18:14:57 »
Anyone tried Intravenous yet?

Looks good, but I dont know if its gonna keep me in for a longer than few minutes...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Katlicious

• Cable Artisan & Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 16:36:32 »
Like a lot of people Cyberpunk, and i'm doing Rise of the tomb raider again. Lot of love to kerbal too.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1109 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 16:06:59 »
Recently started playing Breath Of The Wild.
It is really really boring to me. Running around these huge areas with nothing to do. But particularly the dungeon design really bothers me. Unlike every other Zelda game, the dungeons in BotW have almost no combat, and are focused on puzzle solving. They are all sterile, look exactly the same, offer nothing interesting or new between them. I miss having a dozen or so dungeons with personality that felt different and gave you exciting new tools to use in them. Now it feels like work seeing the hundred something dull cookie cutter boring lifeless dungeons, I would actively avoid them if not that there was absolutely nothing else interesting to do in the game. I really do not understand the love for this game at all, it is so empty, so tedious, and so boring.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 18:51:17 »
I had gotten Call of Duty Vanguard, Industria and Chernobylite recently, I had just started on Vanguard when my niece dropped by from Canada, to visit her sick mother. As I was busy looking after her for a week (SHN) buying food and attending to her, and ferrying her around after that, I did not have time to start on any of these games.

Funny thing is, now that she has just gone back, I can't seem to dive into games like before, but I suppose this phase would pass and I'd be back to my old self fragging like a madman.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 14:44:48 »
Been playing Inscryption lately. A good mind-**** game, decent mechanics but not without it's flaws (sometimes mechanics take a backseat to story.) Definitely a unique and engaging atmospheric experience with a lot more going on than the game initially lets on. If you plan on playing this one DO NOT LOOK UP ANY PLAY THROUGHS OR WIKIS, this is a very spoiler-heavy game so going in blind is the best way. Then when you play it again you're almost guaranteed to get a different experience due to the way the game is structured, and I don't mean the 2nd time you will know everything, things will change.
Would recommend

Offline phinix

« Reply #1112 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 02:52:16 »
Been playing Inscryption lately. A good mind-**** game, decent mechanics but not without it's flaws (sometimes mechanics take a backseat to story.) Definitely a unique and engaging atmospheric experience with a lot more going on than the game initially lets on. If you plan on playing this one DO NOT LOOK UP ANY PLAY THROUGHS OR WIKIS, this is a very spoiler-heavy game so going in blind is the best way. Then when you play it again you're almost guaranteed to get a different experience due to the way the game is structured, and I don't mean the 2nd time you will know everything, things will change.
Would recommend

Noisy, where do you find those games? Trailer itself is scary:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1113 on: Tue, 30 November 2021, 06:20:02 »
I have jumped back in on the R6 Siege train, normally it's my go to for getting away from CoD and Destiny.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 12:22:41 »
40+ hours of kovaak invested in this month

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 16:51:53 »
Would recommend

Finished Inscryption last night. What an absolute mind ****. What a unique story and presentation. I have honestly never played anything like it, and it was beautiful.
Even though it is an amalgamation of ideas coming together to form one cohesive presentation, everything worked well together and the consistent refreshing of play mechanics and space kept me very engaged.
I have not played a game that I kept thinking about when bnot playing, and kept thinking about after finishing, for a very long time. And Inscryption gives you a lot to think about.
I'll steal the top review on Steam for this game, because it really sums up the feeling:
"The only bad thing about Inscryption is that you can only ever play it for the first time once."

I would very highly recommend this game. Do not watch a play through or stream. Go in blind and experience Inscryption for yourself. It took me about 20 hrs to play through the first time.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1116 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 08:54:46 »
Would recommend

Finished Inscryption last night. What an absolute mind ****. What a unique story and presentation. I have honestly never played anything like it, and it was beautiful.
Even though it is an amalgamation of ideas coming together to form one cohesive presentation, everything worked well together and the consistent refreshing of play mechanics and space kept me very engaged.
I have not played a game that I kept thinking about when bnot playing, and kept thinking about after finishing, for a very long time. And Inscryption gives you a lot to think about.
I'll steal the top review on Steam for this game, because it really sums up the feeling:
"The only bad thing about Inscryption is that you can only ever play it for the first time once."

I would very highly recommend this game. Do not watch a play through or stream. Go in blind and experience Inscryption for yourself. It took me about 20 hrs to play through the first time.

Card game hurt brain

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1117 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 17:01:03 »
Punch-Out on Wii. What a great game!
+ Full of personality, and gets you genuinely pumped up and involved with the mechanics! I enjoy the stereotype bosses for what it's worth, it's a Punch-Out tradition. The music and voice acting is fantastic.
- Super low on replay value though, the game is very short depending on how fast you learn each boss. Not a variety of modes, like a Survival Mode would've been cool, or access to the previous games in the series. Starting to look a bit aged, especially with the way the WiiU upscales Wii games, but an mCable makes very noticeable improvements to this effect. I wish you could play with the Pro controller. The game can be very difficult, a pro or con depending on your view.

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #1118 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 00:25:53 »
I've been playing a lot of Warzone and TFT recently. I also play top-down strategy games such Rimworld and Crusader Kings 3.

Offline dankthropod

• Formerly wariomale
« Reply #1119 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 03:26:36 »
I'm hooked to ori and the blind forest right now. The beginning was so sad!
KEEBS: Niz atom TKL, KBD67 Lite V2 R3 with gateron black inks
AUDIO: beyers dt 880 pros with a k3 DAC. Really want to get my hands on some sennies hurr durr six hungos

Offline maybejari

• Honkertown Studio
« Reply #1120 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 15:22:15 »
I've been playing CSGO and Apex Legends recently but waiting for Bloodhunt and Zenith to be released.

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #1121 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 23:59:49 »
d2r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1122 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 12:50:33 »
Metroid. Dread. Dear lord I love that game. I haven't finished it yet due to stuff I've had to do other than play games, but it has revived my fixation on Metroidvanias.

Halo Infinite, while the monetization and player progression is kinda trash, still has super fun gameplay and the campaign has been great so far. I'd recommend getting it for just the campaign if you aren't interested in the multiplayer but still like the Halo gameplay loop. It's the closest to a true sequel to the gameplay of Halo 3 we've ever gotten, with a focus on getting sandbox items like weapons and equipment over personal superpowers your Spartan has, which I think is more fun overall. I even like the multiplayer, it's fun as long as you don't let how badly executives forced 343 to handle the monetization of the free sections of the game bother you in the actual gameplay. With some tweaks, such as better playlist selection options, I'd easily say it's my favorite currently available Halo multiplayer, but it needs those tweaks and fixes before I say that for sure.

Also finally started playing the New Blood trilogy, that being Amid Evil, Dusk, and Ultrakill. And HOOO BOY are those games amazing. Love every second I spend in them.

Gunfire Reborn is pretty good, it's a Borderlands-esque rougelite in gameplay, with a nice cartoon-y art style, and some damn fun mechanics. A friend got me into it and I've gotten hooked.

Hedon. Where do I even start with Hedon? It's a GZDoom game with elements of RPGs and even some hub worlds with sidequests. If you want a solid retro FPS with more than just "go here, kill monster, find secret" then I 100% recommend it.

And finally, I replayed American McGee's Alice recently, and damn does that game still hold up in my eyes. One of the best interpretations of source material I've ever seen and gameplay most people wouldn't have thought possible in the Quake 3 engine, not to mention how good everything in the game looks. The visuals almost all hold up and it's astounding to remember that the environments are all brushwork because of the engine it's in. If you can play the game, I suggest you do. It can be a bit of a pain in the ass to acquire legally right now, but it's definitely worth it if you don't want to deal with the graphical bugs you get running the original version in widescreen.

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #1123 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 13:05:12 »
I've been playing Fly Corp and Infra.

Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1124 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 17:39:10 »
Got hooked on Ghost Recon - Breakpoint, game has come a long way and with the Spartan Mod is put on another level.

Offline Tastenplatte

« Reply #1125 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 05:13:37 »
Diablo 2 R and GTA V again.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1126 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 06:22:39 »
Guess what game I was playing for last few days:)
Finished it all. Great game, brings back memories, when first time I played it 30 years ago.

283044-0

283042-1

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 February 2022, 06:28:55 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1127 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 17:20:34 »
Elden Ring, of course.
In the beginning I was let down because the initial first area has all the pitfalls I hate about boring open world games. But once you get past Limgrave the game gets really great, and challenging. Having a lot of fun.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1128 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 03:00:53 »
I've been also playing Far: Lone Sails.
Amazing game, I think now when I'm a bit older these kinda games are for me.
Uncover a story, admire amazing views, control the character in his adventure, simple, but with fantastic sensations, visual and sound.
Beautifully made game.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1129 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 09:45:35 »
Purchased Have A Nice Death from Steam on January 9 2021

Offline phinix

« Reply #1130 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 14:13:43 »

Did you play it? How is it? I was looking at it yesterday actually :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1131 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 00:58:04 »
Man, is Elden Ring fantastic or what? It's one of the only reasons I even get out of bed these days.
Elden Ring and work.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1132 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 12:13:41 »

Really good and satisfactory 7:10. Map is a bit difficult to navigate though

Offline phinix

« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 06:18:58 »

Really good and satisfactory 7:10. Map is a bit difficult to navigate though

Nice, will try it out, thanks.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1134 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 11:40:57 »
I've been playing a lot of shooters recently. Grabbed the deal Humble Bundle had up, the Best of Boomer Shooters one? Good ****. A way to get some great retro-style shooters. I already had the New Blood trilogy of shooters (Dusk, Amid Evil, and Ultrakill) and Hedon, so I gave those to my sister, but Hrot, Ion Fury, Dread Templar, Hellbound, Project Warlock, and Prodeus (though money is a little tight rn, and since Prodeus was just a coupon in the bundle, I've not picked it up yet) are all new to me. So far, I've played all but Hellbound and Prodeus, Hellbound because I just haven't gotten to it for reasons I'll mention in a moment, and Prodeus for the mentioned reasons of money being a little tight. They're all good, and since I haven't spoken on any here before, to my knowledge, I'll just kinda give each one I've played so far a brief run down. Keep in mind these are all retro-styled shooters, so I am going to give some mentions to their influences and try to keep my remarks brief with that context of them being faster than standard modern shooters, and some are in early access so any issues I may mention could be patched out or they could have more content added and existing content changed / rebalanced. Each game in the bundle is in its own expansion to avoid a massive post.

Dusk
More
Dusk is amazing. Biggest influences are Quake and Blood, but it definitely has its own identity, especially with how it subverts your expectations and turns a few things on their head in Episode 2 and Episode 3. Wonderful game, really can't recommend it enough if you want to try this style of game, or like this style of game and somehow haven't played it yet. Everything slots together perfectly, especially the gunplay and movement. Quick tip, you go fast in this game, and strafe jumping (essentially b-hopping) will take you straight to plaid. Big recommendation from me.

Amid Evil
More
Amid Evil is another great game. Medieval fantasy theme this time, so it's like if Heretic and Hexen were made on a modern engine, looked gorgeous, and got rid of the horrendous switch hunting Hexen had. Very interesting array of weapons, with stuff like staves, magic maces and swords, and the best fantasy BFG I've ever used. Even the basic melee weapon is useful well into the later episodes, as one or two hits will take down the weakest enemy in each episode and does enough damage to be a great go-to when saving your mana resources. Add in the soul meter, which basically acts like the Tome of Power from the aforementioned Heretic and Hexen games, and each weapon has double the functionality. The BFG will shoot black holes, the magic sword shoots giant bouncing projectiles, etc. Another solid recommendation.

Ultrakill
More
Ultrakill has the graphical style of a PS1 game (you can mess with the graphical settings to turn down the intensity of that, though, if it bothers you. Especially stuff like the vertex warping) and plays like FPS Devil May Cry with infinite ammo, a style meter, and intense combat. Don't let the detail of "infinite ammo" fool you into thinking this game is a cakewalk, though, as it definitely will test your skill at its mechanics. The bosses will make you reset a few times until you figure out their patterns. Some of the combat rooms will do the same. Yet another recommendation from me.

Hedon Duology
More
Hedon started as a mod for GZDoom. It is now a full game built off of that version of the Doom engine. It's another fantasy romp, but with a bit of a crystalpunk aesthetic with interesting magical machinery and guns made using fantastical means. You have the boring but practical assault-rifle stand in, that has a burst fire mode when you ADS with right-click. The amazing shotgun, with an alt-fire flamethrower that works very well and is an great crowd control tool. There's more, but I don't want to bloat this. It's a massive game, too, especially for the Doom engine, with expansive maps filled with tons of sub-locations, and in the second game (as both are included in the single release! Really a great deal) those sprawling maps start being connected to big hub areas with side quests. If you want an experience that truly feels like an FPS with some RPG stuff going on, and no extra bloat or issues that comes from a fully open world while still giving you choices to make, I can't recommend Hedon enough.

Hrot
More
Hrot is an interesting game. Most obvious influence is Quake, especially with the proprietary engine made by the devs that purposefully emulates the appearance of early 3D games that used software rendering (such as the aforementioned Quake) without nearly as many technical limits, but definitely has some general Build engine influences with the level of interactivity in the environment. It also has atmosphere in spades, with great sound design and it really makes the bleak, brown aesthetic work to its advantage in the setting. You truly feel alone in an abandoned Czechoslovakian region while being hunted by the enemies you face, being difficult but rewarding you for good play. Similar to Quake, your grenades are also your rockets, once you get the weapon for it, and the guns are pretty solid in general. Another recommendation from me, but be prepared for a challenge. Especially at the higher difficulties. This is the first one that the early access status is VERY apparent, as Episode 2 is still actively being slowly added to and things are being changed / rebalanced fairly often, such as the case of the rockets being different from the grenades in earlier patches but having been consolidated in recent ones, so keep that in mind when playing if you pick it up.

Ion Fury
More
Ion Fury is... Frustrating, for me. It's the best game you should never buy, and this bundle is the only way I would've ever gotten it because much less money went to the devs. This is because of their homophobic and transphobic comments and conduct, and while 3D Realms have said they've taken corrective measures with the people in question, I'm not exactly confident that was anything more than a performative corrective action, especially as a non-binary person myself who has seen this sort of thing happen with companies in the past. And it frustrates me that the devs behind it are *******s and I can't in good conscience recommend getting the game with your own money, because not only is it a game released in modern day built off of the legendary Build engine using things that engine never could in its heyday due to hardware constraints, but it's a good Build game, of which we only really had 3 before (Blood, Duke Nukem 3D, and Shadow Warrior, which, while problematic, was still a fun shooter. Others really varied in quality and were overall not great.). The weapons are great, the gunplay is fun, the enemies are just the right amount of challenging, it checks all of the boxes... But, again, I cannot recommend buying it with your own money and be happy with myself. If someone gifts it to you or you otherwise get it in such a way that gives little to no money of the devs, sure, play it, but I don't want to support these particular devs and I hope you would not as well.

Dread Templar
More
Dread Templar is a great game. Definitely a personal favorite from this bundle. You know a game is going to be fun as hell when you open it up, get to the tutorial, and the first thing it tells you is "These are your dual katanas. They are your primary melee weapons. Now, use alt-fire to put them together and throw them at your enemies," before giving you twin pistols as your first guns and teaching you about your bullet time powers. And it only gets better from there. An in-depth and interesting upgrade system, with upgrades hidden in the piles of secrets in each level. Speaking of secrets, it even has some that will get a chuckle out of you, like an area recreating the crypt you wake up in at the beginning of Blood! Side areas that are pretty apparent that give you more resources and upgrades behind enemies that you'll have to fight through if you want to get said upgrades. Even super secrets that can do things like letting you get weapons pretty early into your run, too! This is a wonderful game and I recommend you give it a shot.

Project Warlock
More
A great game that feels tense even with it working like Wolfenstein 3D, in that it has literally 0 verticality in its level designs and movement. Don't let that fool you though, simplistic roots DO NOT mean this game is simple! It has a weapon upgrade system, multiple weapons in almost every slot, a magic system, literally over 100 levels, and even a level system that you can use to put points into specific stats and perks! Especially as a first game for the person who made it, Project Warlock is a great experience I highly recommend.

So, that's most of the variety I've been playing recently with one exception of a big time sink I was finally convinced to try by a friend of mine, and the reason I haven't gotten around to playing Hellbound yet. I have been sucked into Destiny 2 and damn is that game good! Weapons feel good, so far has just the right amount of grinding for me, and I love the abilities of the class I've been using, the Warlock. Fun game and over the course of the... 2-ish? weeks I've been playing, I have already sunk waaaaaaaaaay too much time into it. Granted, I was unemployed and waiting for my new job to start for a good portion of that so the total hours I sink into it will go down as I keep going with my new job, but goes to show how much my brain likes a new hyperfixation. I really recommend it if you like that style of game, though just keep in mind that the "free to play" aspect is closer to "free to try," but don't feel pressured to put money into it if you end up not enjoying it. But right now is a great time to get into it, because with the new expansion and everything right now, even long time players I know are saying this is the best the series has ever been. If you've been holding out Destiny 2, now's the time to give it a shot!

Offline phinix

« Reply #1135 on: Sat, 02 April 2022, 06:15:27 »
Settlers II Gold edition - World missions.
For maybe 20th time, playing this game, never bored, love it :D

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1136 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 09:25:14 »
Started playing Fortnite again, No Build mode got me to come back - much better game since it now comes down to aiming abilities.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1137 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 10:36:35 »
Started playing Fortnite again, No Build mode got me to come back - much better game since it now comes down to aiming abilities.

Fortnite fortnite fortnite fortnite

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1138 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 10:37:02 »
I found a new game on steam called "Doomed to hell" and it's really fun on a low end computer

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1139 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 12:07:47 »

Honestly my problems with Fortnite mainly come down to it being a battle royale. Never had anything in particular to do with the building, as that was basically the only thing unique about it at the start with how much it shamelessly stole from PUBG (which I'm inclined to believe, given how the company behind PUBG tried to sue them over it after Epic helped them with some stuff when building PUBG in Unreal. Could just have been posturing because Epic was making more money on Fortnite after PUBG fell off, but there were too many similarities in feel and gameplay at the start for it to be coincidence, in my opinion.), and it was basically the only remnant of the original Fortnite game (that I thought was decent) that was dying at the time. But battle royales in general just don't appeal to me, no idea why. It's not the shooter aspect, as I enjoy playing a lot of shooters. It's not the looting, my biggest game at the moment is Destiny 2 so it should be obvious I like looting stuff in games lol. But something about the gameplay loop of battle royales just doesn't appeal to me and I don't know why.

Doesn't surprise me that people seem to be either trying the game or going back to it with the removal of the building, though. Now it has a lot more unique stuff, like having more skins than basically any other game and all of the stuff they've done with the map over the years, I can see that being both a nice change of pace for people who've played it continuously and a way for new or returning players to get back into it without worrying about shooting someone and having them suddenly build a 5-star hotel in 3 seconds before getting a second shot off. Still would prefer if the original game the BR is built off of was popular instead, though, it was much more interesting to me.

Offline Versaknight

« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 09:03:15 »
I kinda want to play lost ark but i think its gonna be too much of a timesink

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1141 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 16:05:32 »
Been playing some Iron Lung, made by the main designer of Dusk, David Szymanski.
It reminds me of something like Papers Please or Five Nights At Freddy's in it's simplicity. You have one tiny room with not much to do, but it still remains pretty intense and engaging. Focused is the word I'd use. You can move the sub in any direction along an X/Y grid, there's an air meter, a collision detector, and a map with coordinates for where you need to take pictures. That's all you get.
I think the picture mechanic over having a window works great, and is always a tense moment when you hear something outside the sub or are waiting for a picture to develop. That also keeps the file size down, as this game comes in under 200mb, but the way it makes use of that is brilliant.
It's also fairly short and cheap, and a unique experience over current offerings. The blurb is what sold me: "A short horror game where you pilot a tiny submarine through an ocean of blood on an alien moon"

Offline s8erdude

« Reply #1142 on: Sun, 17 April 2022, 08:44:52 »
Been playing EU4 and Dota2 whenever there’s time 😂

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1143 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 06:25:16 »
Started playing Lost Ark, is it me or is it a Diablo III knock off - graphically it's meh for the hype and can definitely tell it was a mobile port originally.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1144 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 09:54:04 »
I am currently completing skywalker saga

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1145 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 12:39:35 »
Commander Keen V: The Armageddon Machine via Magic DOSBox and a Razer Kishi during my me time.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1146 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 18:49:55 »
The Speak to maz glitch broke the game and i cant progress

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1147 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 10:14:49 »
Currently going back to play through Dead Space 1 & 2.   

Offline phinix

« Reply #1148 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 05:17:40 »
Currently going back to play through Dead Space 1 & 2.

Ooooh yeeeeaaaaaah...  :thumb:
Can't wait for remake to come out, 27th Jan 2023 they say.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 May 2022, 04:01:51 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1149 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 15:36:34 »
The Cuphead DLC is incredible. Hand-drawn animation, and a ton of love went into the boss designs and mechanics.
So good, and only $8! This is how DLC should be(I don't mind it took 2 years to make)