Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 297793 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:48:32 »
is it possible to remove num pad from base kit, this might reduce price of base kit. num pad can be in a separate kit. i seldom see people have full-sized keyboard and most of custom keyboards are TKL.

I'll wait for pricing of the kits I've drafted up currently (some changes I haven't posted yet because I want to wait for said pricing before settling on those changes since I might discard them after all) before I consider such a change.

Thanks for considering this great suggestion!

I think the pricing for Jamon came out really nicely (without numpad). Lot's of us only use 65% or 60% and having a base without the numpads will probably allow us to to buy more other useful kits or multiple base kits.

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #451 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 17:14:11 »
is it possible to remove num pad from base kit, this might reduce price of base kit. num pad can be in a separate kit. i seldom see people have full-sized keyboard and most of custom keyboards are TKL.

I'll wait for pricing of the kits I've drafted up currently (some changes I haven't posted yet because I want to wait for said pricing before settling on those changes since I might discard them after all) before I consider such a change.

I think the pricing for Jamon came out really nicely (without numpad). Lot's of us only use 65% or 60% and having a base without the numpads will probably allow us to to buy more other useful kits or multiple base kits.

+1 for separate numpad kit. I'm thinking more and more that separating the Core and the numpad kits is the way of the future. Zambumon = Nostradamus confirmed.

Offline Gati

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 17:20:33 »
ne 2nd tab avail?

Offline Zasp

« Reply #453 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:54:11 »
Would be great to see a RAMA WORKS x Oblivion Artisan key. If this is a possibility?

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #454 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 19:06:39 »
in. first keyset group buy i'm going to partake in.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #455 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 19:08:46 »
Would be great to see a RAMA WORKS x Oblivion Artisan key. If this is a possibility?

+1 ;D

Offline crykn

« Reply #456 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 19:47:23 »

I'm not normally an artisan keycap kind of guy, but a dark gray aluminum keycap with the Git logo as an orange infill might actually get me to buy one.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #457 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 19:54:08 »
I'm not normally an artisan keycap kind of guy, but a dark gray aluminum keycap with the Git logo as an orange infill might actually get me to buy one.

I'm not a Rama guy and I'm definitely not a Rama artisan guy, but that sounds awesome.

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #458 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:09:40 »

I'm not a Rama guy and I'm definitely not a Rama artisan guy, but that sounds awesome.

RAMA git logo artisans would be AMAZING!! Let's make it happen!

Offline kolyz

« Reply #459 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:18:59 »

+1 to this!

Offline pattern

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:52:00 »
ne 2nd tab avail?

Out of interest - do you want a second Tab to be able to use the base kit + extra alphas to cover two boards?  Is that even a reasonable possibility?  I recently saw mention of the idea in Zambumon's GMK Nautilus Nightmares interest check:

Quote from: Zambumon
A second  R2 1.50U Tab key has also been included on this kit. This eccentric addition allows you to potentially reuse some of your extra modifiers on another keyboard. For instance, you’d be able to cover a standard ANSI TKL keyboard and reuse the extra modifiers on an HHKB layout.

Has anyone done this?

Offline leexy

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 04:00:23 »
Please make it happen soon.

I am probably going to proxy for 50+ chinese friends.

weird flex, but ok
in b4 private gb

Offline Gati

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 04:53:10 »
ne 2nd tab avail?
Out of interest - do you want a second Tab to be able to use the base kit + extra alphas to cover two boards?  Is that even a reasonable possibility?  I recently saw mention of the idea in Zambumon's GMK Nautilus Nightmares interest check:
A second  R2 1.50U Tab key has also been included on this kit. This eccentric addition allows you to potentially reuse some of your extra modifiers on another keyboard. For instance, you’d be able to cover a standard ANSI TKL keyboard and reuse the extra modifiers on an HHKB layout.
Has anyone done this?
I plan on filling 2 boards with oblivion and using hagoromo for one of ‘em. Methinks that’s there’ll be less waste if I only have to buy 1 base kit.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #463 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 07:34:26 »
ne 2nd tab avail?
Has anyone done this?
I plan on filling 2 boards with oblivion and using hagoromo for one of ‘em. Methinks that’s there’ll be less waste if I only have to buy 1 base kit.

Regret rarely comes before the choice :))

Offline kolyz

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 08:00:22 »
I will for sure buy the git base kit and hagomoro alphas just because i love the look of both alphas but dont need oblivion to be on two separate boards.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 17:50:13 »

+1 for separate numpad kit. I'm thinking more and more that separating the Core and the numpad kits is the way of the future. Zambumon = Nostradamus confirmed.

Please DON'T even remotely consider to split the numpad Oblotzky, please stop this meme before it's spreads, you can be the hero who will say no and will stop the plague.     

Jamon base + numpad +ISO is like $177, definetely higher than any base set with the same keys included, like every other set is.
Current Jamon is $115, i would definetely pay +$20/25 for numpad and ISO compatibility (and i'm an ANSI user). 

There are already too many kits (some unnecessary, e.g. second base as monochrome and grey mods), splitting even more will definetely kill every sort of MOQ and increase prices even more. 

If we keeps going in this path in the future GMK will be all splitted like SA and a full set like it is now will cost $250, and a base 60% kit will still be $100. Just don't, be a hero, kill it before it begins. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2019, 17:59:43 by KaosJ »

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #466 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 18:44:04 »

Please DON'T even remotely consider to split the numpad Oblotzky, please stop this meme before it's spreads, you can be the hero who will say no and will stop the plague.     

Jamon base + numpad +ISO is like $177, definetely higher than any base set with the same keys included, like every other set is.
Current Jamon is $115, i would definetely pay +$20/25 for numpad and ISO compatibility (and i'm an ANSI user). 

There are already too many kits (some unnecessary, e.g. second base as monochrome and grey mods), splitting even more will definetely kill every sort of MOQ and increase prices even more. 

If we keeps going in this path in the future GMK will be all splitted like SA and a full set like it is now will cost $250, and a base 60% kit will still be $100. Just don't, be a hero, kill it before it begins.

Yeah I'd agree not to split it further. Jamon is split but has limited kits to begin with, while with this we're already looking at two different base sets, plus several more add-on kits. Splitting the numpad off from them would just complicate things unnecessarily imo.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #467 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 19:31:33 »
Splitting the numpad is a terrible idea because of cost issues.

If the pricing from GMK were the same as for Signature Plastics then having kits for everything would be great and affordable, and the only debate we'd need is over what to include in which kits. Unfortunately that isn't the case for GMK, and until it is I'd really rather keep numpad part of the base.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #468 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 19:51:41 »
Numpad is nice in base, though I'm fine either way.

ISO split would make sense though. Going off Jamon, 4% of base kit users are getting ISO which is really really low.

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #469 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 20:02:06 »

If the pricing from GMK were the same as for Signature Plastics then having kits for everything would be great and affordable, and the only debate we'd need is over what to include in which kits. Unfortunately that isn't the case for GMK, and until it is I'd really rather keep numpad part of the base.

Going off Jamón though, nearly 75% of users aren't using a numpad. That's a lot of people's money just sitting round in closets. Personally, I really like to have a numpad for kits that I buy, just in case I decide I want to move a kit to a full-size or a 1800 board. That said, I don't expect most users to spend more just so that I can have my evidently niche preference covered for a bit less. I think it's fair that I pay a bit more if it means that on net people save money.

Who knows, a cheaper base kit possibly means we hit lower price breaks and save a bit more money there!

Offline okacia

« Reply #470 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 22:11:17 »
Definitely in :) Are there any plans to run the SA version as well soon? Would love to see SA Oblivion with cadet alphas!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #471 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 00:03:31 »

Going off Jamón though, nearly 75% of users aren't using a numpad. That's a lot of people's money just sitting round in closets. Personally, I really like to have a numpad for kits that I buy, just in case I decide I want to move a kit to a full-size or a 1800 board. That said, I don't expect most users to spend more just so that I can have my evidently niche preference covered for a bit less. I think it's fair that I pay a bit more if it means that on net people save money.

Who knows, a cheaper base kit possibly means we hit lower price breaks and save a bit more money there!

I kind of agree with this. Keeping numpad in the base seems kind of unfair for the overwhelming majority who don't use numpads. Either way a decision like this isn't going to benefit everyone so it makes sense to benefit the vast majority than the few.

Offline etong415

« Reply #472 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 01:28:30 »
In for the Hagoromo Alphas, would look great when paired with Hyperfuse mods!

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #473 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 08:24:09 »

I kind of agree with this. Keeping numpad in the base seems kind of unfair for the overwhelming majority who don't use numpads. Either way a decision like this isn't going to benefit everyone so it makes sense to benefit the vast majority than the few.

That's a good point. I'm one of the people buying a numpad kit with Jamon, and I don't mind it being a little more expensive for me to save the majority of people money on caps they don't want or need.

If this is the route the set takes though then maybe it would be beneficial to get the group buy down to one base kit and split off monochrome mods into their own kit again like in the original sale.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #474 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 09:25:24 »

That's a good point. I'm one of the people buying a numpad kit with Jamon, and I don't mind it being a little more expensive for me to save the majority of people money on caps they don't want or need.

If this is the route the set takes though then maybe it would be beneficial to get the group buy down to one base kit and split off monochrome mods into their own kit again like in the original sale.

I'd counter argue that since this set is going to be a classic, it will see a lot of usage on various layouts including those that need the numpad keys.  Go for long term value rather than short term saving.
Generally speaking, it's better to bias toward more complete coverage for GMK base sets.
Jamon seems to be somewhat of specialty case with picky compatibility with housing color (red).

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #475 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 00:49:29 »
Colored non-git mods in Oblivion V2 would make it an insta-buy for me, but I can understand why Oblotzky doesnt want to do this.

However, splitting Numpad and ISO is one of the best changes ive seen in kits in 2019 by far. Over the years GMK kits have gotten more and more bloated, leading to higher base kit prices, and driving off those entering the hobby who would otherwise be interested. I think Jamon's numbers speak for themselves when it comes to this. Splitting the kits allows the few buyers who want them to acquire those kits at a reasonable price difference when compared to a bloated base kit.

I shudder when I think of how many wasted ISO enters and numpads are sitting in trays out there that people were forced to purchase, never to be used.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #476 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 02:06:03 »

Numpad is about as popular as split and 40s if you wanna go with jamons numbers. Not including numpad in the base makes the base kit more attractive,  which means that more people buy it, hence MOQ marks are hit and the base kit gets cheaper. Numpad might now cost 35 bucks, but the base kit cost reduction just saved you around that same amount, so it evens out for people using numpad at a certain MOQ, say 500 for example. It changes nothing for people who would use numpad, but it reduces the cost for people who wouldn't, which is the majority of buyers.

I'd call that a win overall. You could apply the same argument to 40s and split. Although these numbers only really apply to jamon, oblivion v2 has a lot more hype surrounding it then jamon did, and jamon is on its way to 500 MOQ. My only concern for oblivion not hitting 500 moq would be the split base kits.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline blachskies

« Reply #477 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 02:36:25 »
Love the look, definitely in for a set. Always have been after the original for a while now

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #478 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 06:42:20 »
I don’t think using the split of a terrible meme set to justify splitting other sets is a very smart thing to do.
How many people bought jamon for the meme and didn’t want to spend a lot of money on full kits? How many people only bought the base kit and skipped the numpad kit (or ISO, 40s, novelties, etc), not because they don’t use a numpad (or whatever relevant board), but because they were already spending $120 and didn’t want to spend any extra on the joke?

As others have said, splitting things up is only going to keep prices down temporarily. After a while all the kits will start going up in price and next thing you know you’ll be paying just as much for the jamon style base kit as you already do for the standard GMK base set.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #479 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 07:15:34 »
I don’t think using the split of a terrible meme set to justify splitting other sets is a very smart thing to do.
How many people bought jamon for the meme and didn’t want to spend a lot of money on full kits? How many people only bought the base kit and skipped the numpad kit (or ISO, 40s, novelties, etc), not because they don’t use a numpad (or whatever relevant board), but because they were already spending $120 and didn’t want to spend any extra on the joke?

As others have said, splitting things up is only going to keep prices down temporarily. After a while all the kits will start going up in price and next thing you know you’ll be paying just as much for the jamon style base kit as you already do for the standard GMK base set.

exactly as happened with the SA sets. Soon we will have complete gmk set at 250 $

KMK Labs.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #480 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 07:22:02 »

Finally, exactly this.

I don't really understand how people can believe that 40% mods are as popular as the numpad, sure let's base all your numbers on a meme set in red color (the color matters too, there are way more small red keyboards).

Can't wait for 2020 when to buy the current base kit you will have to spend $250, sure let's start to split everything guys.

Numpad is about as popular as split and 40s if you wanna go with jamons numbers. Not including numpad in the base makes the base kit more attractive,  which means that more people buy it, hence MOQ marks are hit and the base kit gets cheaper. Numpad might now cost 35 bucks, but the base kit cost reduction just saved you around that same amount, so it evens out for people using numpad at a certain MOQ, say 500 for example. It changes nothing for people who would use numpad, but it reduces the cost for people who wouldn't, which is the majority of buyers.

I'd call that a win overall. You could apply the same argument to 40s and split. Although these numbers only really apply to jamon, oblivion v2 has a lot more hype surrounding it then jamon did, and jamon is on its way to 500 MOQ. My only concern for oblivion not hitting 500 moq would be the split base kits.

It's a meme set.

Just check out SA  popular sets where the numpad and 40 % are splitted, the numpad is x5 / x10 more popular than 40% based on the numbers of SA
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 February 2019, 07:30:32 by KaosJ »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #481 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 08:25:20 »
Love the harogomo cadet.

If there is hiragana kit,I'll buy for sure.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #482 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 08:53:59 »
Fan of Oblivion Cadet here.  Would it be possible to get Oblivion Alpha Super Set? Cadet, Hiragana, Eng+Hiragana, Eng+Hanguel, Eng+Greek.  One can dream right?  ;D

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #483 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 08:55:31 »

Nearly 400 base kits with 12 days to go.. not bad for a terrible meme set.  Clearly the pinnacle of keycap development brings out the hater in you.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #484 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 09:30:49 »

Nearly 400 base kits with 12 days to go.. not bad for a terrible meme set.  Clearly the pinnacle of keycap development brings out the hater in you.

Oh yes, the pinnacle of development lol. Never once before have a bunch of people jumped onboard to anything just to be in on the trend or joke, even if it’s not actually good. Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, please, let me direct you to the last 50+ years of pop culture...

Just because people buy in to it doesn’t make it a good idea.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #485 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 09:42:32 »

Oh yes, the pinnacle of development lol. Never once before have a bunch of people jumped onboard to anything just to be in on the trend or joke, even if it’s not actually good. Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, please, let me direct you to the last 50+ years of pop culture...

Good day fellow geekhacker,
Please consider buying GMK Jamón.

Offline realxmlforce

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 10:09:52 »
Would get 5 NorDeUk Kits to make it happen....fingers crossed

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #487 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 10:31:11 »
Would get 5 NorDeUk Kits to make it happen....fingers crossed

+ 5

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #488 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 11:02:46 »

Um, sorry, no.

I wish you the best with it, but I won’t be buying it. I’ve owned a few of your other keysets in the past (and present), love my Nautilus set, and will be trying to pick up a set of Serika at some point. Oblivion V2 on the other hand, I will almost definitely be in on.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #489 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 14:58:02 »
How many people bought jamon for the meme and didn’t want to spend a lot of money on full kits?

If you are asking who bought jamon as a joke without intending to use it?

The answer is no one. Nobody is going to spend money on a keyset they cant actually use at some point. (Aside from Krelbit, who bought an ISO kit :)))

If you are asking how many people bought jamon because they didnt want to spend a lot of money on bloated base kits?

The answer is quite a lot.

How many people only bought the base kit and skipped the numpad kit (or ISO, 40s, novelties, etc), not because they don’t use a numpad (or whatever relevant board), but because they were already spending $120 and didn’t want to spend any extra on the joke?

Very few. People who want more kits are buying them. People who dont are saving money by not being forced to buy stuff they dont need. This is evidenced by looking at the drop numbers today, you can see that numpad and forties are well on their way to another price drop. Jamonelties in particular have a very substantial adoption rate. (Then we have ISO :)))

Also, no one will be paying $120 for a base kit. As of today there are 391 kits sold, well on its way to a $99 pricepoint before the gb window ends.

You (and others) arguments against splitting kits seem to be centered around base moq prices that will be surpassed when enough kits have been sold - and they will be surpassed, even in this 'joke' keyset gb. If this many people have joined simply for the meme as you suggest, imagine how many more would join a keyset gb with alot more hype around it at a more affordable price point - say Oblivion v2, for instance.

In any case, I find the argument comparing GMK to SP nonsensical and your question doesnt help your argument, as when taking the moq price drops into consideration, ordering multiple kits will more or less equal what a bloated base kit at low moq would have cost in the first place.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 February 2019, 15:01:11 by Yeoh »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:51:42 »

[/quote]

We're in for sure.
It's curios that the numpad user is so little.

Hope to see GMK Oblivion V2 soon.

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 17:22:00 »
I think I’ll let the numbers do the talking.
I chose GMK Calm Depths as the reference since both are GMK, dropped recently and offers similar support
GMK Calm Depths Base Kit: 125USD (250)
GMK Jamōn Base Kit: 115USD (250),100USD (500), 90USD (1000)
GMK Jamōn Numpad: 38 USD (100), 33 (150), 30(250), 28 (500)

At Base MOQ, Calm Depths is cheaper (base case scenario)
GMK Jamōn costs 115+38=153 vs Calm Depths 125. Jamon is $28 more expensive.

In reality, Jamōn base kit is very much likely to hit 500 MOQ, with numpad at 150MOQ (likely case scenario)
GMK Jamōn costs 100+33=133 vs Calm Depths 125. Jamon is $8 more expensive.
However, if Calm Depths has a 500 MOQ option listed, it would probably be >$8 cheaper making it a clearer winner. In this case, I assume that the 500 MOQ price discount of Jamon is attributed to its cheaper and more attractive base kit price (and disregarding the factor that Jamon is run on MD which probably also bumps up its number by a bit)

The cost difference benefits 75% of the community and disadvanatages 25% of the community (113 numpad sets/391 base kits sold).

If the entire community was to be taken as a whole, there are savings.
GMK Jamon average price: 0.75*100 + 0.25*130= $107.5
This is, on average, a purchaser saves $17.50 (125-107.5=17.5) (again assuming if the community is a Single entity!)

In conclusion, there is clear costsavings for the community as a whole if numpads were split but yet there is no clear option at the subgroup level (numpad vs not numpad user) since 25% numpads is a sizeable minority, and yet 75% non-numpads is a sizeable majority too
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 February 2019, 17:35:53 by BserLarry »

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #492 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 18:23:02 »
I chose GMK Calm Depths as the reference since both are GMK, dropped recently and offers similar support

GMK Calm Depths included ISO support, so add in the Jamon ISO kit to your math and it will be more accurate.

GMK Jamon ISO : 24 USD (100), 21 USD (150), 19 USD (250)

So, GMK Jamon costs 115+62=177 vs 125.
At lowest moq for all the kits, 90+47=137 vs 125.

No matter how you look at it it costs more for the same amount of coverage

it also means you’re paying more for less coverage
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 February 2019, 20:19:22 by jrfhoutx »

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 19:15:21 »

GMK Calm Depths included ISO support, so add in the Jamon ISO kit to your math and it will be more accurate.

No matter how you look at it it costs more for the same amount of coverage.

Yeah it’s paying more for less coverage, but total price is still less as I wouldn’t be buying iso / numpad. In the end most people aren’t using ISO and many people aren’t using numpad. So a few users end up paying more compared to a few users paying less now.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #494 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 19:26:15 »
Exactly - the folks who need ISO/numpad support pay for it, rather than everyone in the entire buy subsidizing the additional cost for caps they will never use.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #495 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 20:52:16 »
Exactly - the folks who need ISO/numpad support pay for it, rather than everyone in the entire buy subsidizing the additional cost for caps they will never use.

I have a bunch of ANSI keys, i can sell it to you real cheap...  :thumb:

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #496 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 21:35:46 »
I have a bunch of ANSI keys, i can sell it to you real cheap...  :thumb:

tbh the guy you made fun of got a good point

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #497 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 21:48:21 »

No matter how you look at it it costs more for the same amount of coverage

you're not wrong there...

though... assume the "numpad" in GMK Calm Depths costs $15, and there are 500 purchases of the base kit but only 150 of those actually use the numpad so that leave 350 * $15 = $5250 wasted

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #498 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 21:50:59 »

This might the slippery slope toward Alpha, Modifiers, Extension kits and SA pricing.
I don't think this is an issue to be decided sorely based on short term factors.
We all benefited from broad base set coverage and volume pricing.  Why we risk shooting ourselves in the foot?

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #499 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 02:05:42 »

This might the slippery slope toward Alpha, Modifiers, Extension kits and SA pricing.
I don't think this is an issue to be decided sorely based on short term factors.
We all benefited from broad base set coverage and volume pricing.  Why we risk shooting ourselves in the foot?
With how gmk pricing works, SA style kits arent feasible. All this is doing is reducing the size of the base kit to fit the needs of the majority of people who use more standard layouts tkl and smaller. There is nothing SA stylized about that, not even remotely.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard