Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 354418 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] YURI SA Profile
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 04:48:02 »
If you do end up doing a poll (which I would recommend), I can also add one to the thread for you, if you like. Google poll might be easier to integrate data from all the various sources though.

Actually i was searching for poll feature, but couldn't find it. If you can add a poll for this thread i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 12:12:15 »
If you do end up doing a poll (which I would recommend), I can also add one to the thread for you, if you like. Google poll might be easier to integrate data from all the various sources though.

Actually i was searching for poll feature, but couldn't find it. If you can add a poll for this thread i would appreciate it. Thanks.

In some subforums, users can make polls directly, but in other subforums, mods need to do polls. PM me the options you'd like in your poll, and I can get it set up for you  :thumb:
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline braidn

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 12:27:56 »
Is there a thing as "Reverse SA"? Never seen/heard of it before

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:04:54 »
Is there a thing as "Reverse SA"? Never seen/heard of it before

Show Image

Its just the row 1 which is reverted. I think its douable since SP makes legends first (first shot) and then they put those legends in the key molds and flood it with second shot plastic. For this they need to revert the first shot basically. But i need to ask first if that is possible.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:11:04 »
I'd be all over this. The orange legends on white keys needs to become a common thing. Love the aesthetics thus far.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline Jedi

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 15:56:06 »
I voted in the GH poll.  Let us know if a poll goes up on MD or RMK.  Thanks!

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
Re: [IC] YURI SA Profile (Vote for cyrillics!)
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 17:05:59 »
so down for this!  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #207 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:18:06 »
Updated first page. But i leave this also here (for the lazy one  :)).

I'd like to thank Zambumon for his awesome renders and support.

Offline animal

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 14:26:26 »
This is one of the best looking keysets I have seen. Its gonna make my K70 look awesome :)
Real men do it with a keyboard.

Offline RNT

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 15:51:47 »
What a beaty!

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:34:09 »
Oh and I have a question on something I noticed the other day. Why is it that all the alphas are orange, but the numbers are black? I think it looks cool, but I was just curious why you decided to do two different colors for alphas and numerics

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:46:26 »
Oh and I have a question on something I noticed the other day. Why is it that all the alphas are orange, but the numbers are black? I think it looks cool, but I was just curious why you decided to do two different colors for alphas and numerics
It was just a logical separation. Alphas orange and numerics deep blue. As i already said its not set in stone. I am still waiting for my color chips to arive. Need to see the real colors with own eyes. I'll then decide. Though i want in any case make alphas and numerics crisp and distinct.

Offline potatowire

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 20:26:37 »
Updated first page. But i leave this also here (for the lazy one  :)).

I'd like to thank Zambumon for his awesome renders and support.

Gorgeous!

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 11:51:35 »
I love these colors and the Cyrillics. IMO single-letter Cyrillics > single-letter Latin > dual-legend, but I'll be on the lookout for this either way.

Actually, I'm not sure I understand how Cyrillic alphas are too intimidating... Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most keyboard enthusiasts [i.e. people who buy key sets] know how to touch type?

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 09:39:52 »
Love the renders and Cyrillics. I would buy regardless of legend type, as long as it is not dual.

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 09:40:55 »
Actually, I'm not sure I understand how Cyrillic alphas are too intimidating... Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most keyboard enthusiasts [i.e. people who buy key sets] know how to touch type?

I think it just looks way cooler.

Kinda like the JIS boards with Kana and Romaji written on them.

Offline Hanni

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 14:25:33 »
Shout-out to  Zambumon for the renders  :thumb:

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 09:08:41 »
200% will buy
Either SA or cherry

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline chirikato133

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 18:01:16 »
Nice set bro, i'm sure i will buy it

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 05:01:12 »
Nice set bro, i'm sure i will buy it

It's official. Let's do this.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 05:41:27 »
I got my color chips today. I got not only Yuri colors but all blue, orange and brown colors. So basically i can compare all possibilities. I have to say, even now with all the colors at my hands, the colors were selected right from the beginning. They will stay as they are. Also the legends color will be OAV. It has enough RED to be crisp and ditstinct on blue background.

Here is the scan (keep in mind OAV has much more red as displayed):

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 06:32:18 »

I got my color chips today. I got not only Yuri colors but all blue, orange and brown colors. So basically i can compare all possibilities. I have to say, even now with all the colors at my hands, the colors were selected right from the beginning. They will stay as they are. Also the legends color will be OAV. It has enough RED to be crisp and ditstinct on blue background.

Show Image

Will the English alpha + Cyrillic still a option or its gone forever? If the this is the case, I will vote for the Cyrillic alpha!
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 06:48:04 »
Will the English alpha + Cyrillic still a option or its gone forever? If the this is the case, I will vote for the Cyrillic alpha!

I think Double Legends would be an cost overkill (5k+ $). Also some people want full scale cyrillics. I for myself prefer double legends.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 07:51:39 »

I think Double Legends would be an cost overkill (5k+ $). Also some people want full scale cyrillics. I for myself prefer double legends.

If he decides to drop the cyrillics, then why bother making this design in the first place?

This is suppose to be Russian based hence use the letters instead of making another boring all English key-set.  Include the cyrillics anywhere on the key-cap as long as it's there for everyone to see.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:23:09 »
As Elrick already stated, the main goal is to somehow to introduce SA cyrillics (Double Shot).

Why i am doing this? I for myself dont even need cyrillics, though i speak Russian. Also with Carbon i got lot of stuff todo and another keyset is a burden for me. But i love seeing people swagging around with cyrillics on their boards. I really appreciate it. I know most of them put cyrillics because they appreciate the aesthetics. So i thought why dont make some double shot cyrillics.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:44:45 »
Its nearly Christmas, I need Cyrillics so I can send thank you cards.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:52:24 »
Its nearly Christmas, I need Cyrillics so I can send thank you cards.

Ah yes we got christmas tommorow! Though i am catholic. Its still is a special day for us. Wish you merry christmas :)

People who are wondering its orthodox christmas.

Offline animal

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:08:00 »

Show Image

I thought that the mods were grayish. Seems though that they are blue...
Real men do it with a keyboard.

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 13:23:13 »
An old style Windows Key would be awesome for this set! Like the second one in the new granite set.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 14:59:19 »
An old style Windows Key would be awesome for this set! Like the second one in the new granite set.

Show Image

The old style windows logo has to much detail for being made as double shot legend. See the dots which logo is leaving. Some dots and the spacing between some dots is just too small.

Granite is PBT and is using dey sub technique for the legends. Dey sub allows such small details to be made.

However i think its possible to make similar logo for doubleshot. Though it will have less detail.

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 15:05:47 »

Show Image

The old style windows logo has to much detail for being made as double shot legend. See the dots which logo is leaving. Some dots and the spacing between some dots is just too small.

Granite is PBT and is using dey sub technique for the legends. Dey sub allows such small details to be made.

However i think its possible to make similar logo for doubleshot. Though it will have less detail.

Oh I see. With less detail it will probably look worse so scratch that idea. Also don't forget ISO please!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 16:57:08 »

Show Image

Oh I see. With less detail it will probably look worse so scratch that idea. Also don't forget ISO please!

FYI a doubleshot classic Windows key does exist in DCS, there's a picture at the bottom of this post. I agree it's somewhat disappointing, although I think it would be just fine if the four "windows" were actually blocked in. I wouldn't say it's impossible to get something decent-looking.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 03:27:37 »
Got approximate pricing for the Cyrillic Base kit from Melissa.

At MOQ of 100 the price for a single Cyrillic Base kit is 94.49$.
The Cyrillic Base kit is displayed once again below:

I have to admit its missing some keys in nummeric row and one key (. and ,) in row 4 to the right of "Ю".
So if i add those keys to complete the layout, i think the price will be at approx +/-100$ per Cyrillic Base kit.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 06:32:20 »
Hmm... if its not dual legend printed, this might be a challenge for some.  A similar GB with dual legends ran for $55 and they came out wickedly cool.  I don't recall if the designer noted how many were needed when they were sold at that price point, and I will say there were alot of interested late comers who wished they got in on that set.  I'm not going into details as this is the Yuri thread and mods can delete this post.  Was there a price request for a double legend set?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 06:48:12 »
Hmm... if its not dual legend printed, this might be a challenge for some.  A similar GB with dual legends ran for $55 and they came out wickedly cool.  I don't recall if the designer noted how many were needed when they were sold at that price point, and I will say there were alot of interested late comers who wished they got in on that set.  I'm not going into details as this is the Yuri thread and mods can delete this post.  Was there a price request for a double legend set?

I did not requested the pricing for the double legend approach. But i guess it will be somewhere at 120$ as it needs complete alphas + nummerics overhaul.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 09:18:53 »
My bad.  The double legend set only included the alphas and numerics.  Perhaps you could ask for a price for the BFM color keys only.  Would you be willing to consider separating the TKL mod keys (BFR color keys) so that you would be able to sell the Cyrillics, alphas, or double legends, whichever chosen at one price and then customers would just purchase the mods (basically the price give or take close to $120+ for the set but with the ability for you to get sales from both?

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 10:36:20 »

Got approximate pricing for the Cyrillic Base kit from Melissa.

At MOQ of 100 the price for a single Cyrillic Base kit is 94.49$.
The Cyrillic Base kit is displayed once again below:
Show Image

I have to admit its missing some keys in nummeric row and one key (. and ,) in row 4 to the right of "Ю".
So if i add those keys to complete the layout, i think the price will be at approx +/-100$ per Cyrillic Base kit.

Oh yeah! At ~$100 I'm totally down for this. Those cryllic legends look amazing!
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline RNT

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 11:35:27 »
This is one of the best looking sets, can't wait for it to drop.

I think the perfect thing to do is to either drop it with double legends or two base kits with one being normal, the other cyrillic.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:37:25 »
^This.  I like this idea as well.  I am in for two sets but the concern is the number of people who would be committed to this as well.  Has everyone that is interested voted in the poll?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:57:02 »
This is one of the best looking sets, can't wait for it to drop.

I think the perfect thing to do is to either drop it with double legends or two base kits with one being normal, the other cyrillic.
^This.  I like this idea as well.  I am in for two sets but the concern is the number of people who would be committed to this as well.  Has everyone that is interested voted in the poll?

Actually if you read the first page its the plan.

There will be simple QWERTY ANSI Base kit for people who want just standard.

And there will be full Cyrillic Base kit.

Both Base kits are updated.
 - Both versions include also row 2 "up" arrow key, as some people (including me) were unhappy with full row 4 arrow cluster. Its not ergonomic and is little bit weird. Still row 4 "up" arrow key is included for people who like strickt row rule.
 - For Cyrillic version: "Г" and "З" has been adjusted.

I will not update the first page for now, as i am currently working on child deals. If i am done it will be updated.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2016, 14:01:48 by T0mb3ry »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 14:22:25 »
perfect. can't wait for the gb

Offline binphan161

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 05:10:02 »
What will be the price of the QWERTY Base Kit? Less than $95 I'm guessing?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 05:29:03 »
What will be the price of the QWERTY Base Kit? Less than $95 I'm guessing?

I guess it will cost like Carbon Base Kit around 80$. Though Yuri has in its Base one additional key for arrow cluster.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 08:07:23 »
ETA for GB?

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:51:21 »
ETA for GB?

Hopefully not too soon so wallets are not destroyed with all this SA goodness at the moment  :p

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #245 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 04:23:20 »
Probably Summer. There are other great SA designs in the pipeline.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #246 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 04:30:53 »
Probably Summer. There are other great SA designs in the pipeline.

Sounds like good timing, couple of months to get everything organised.

Offline blastoid

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 11:00:11 »
Wow, I haven't been on GH much lately and totally missed this IC. You and I had the same idea...

Here's my original reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/keycapdesigners/comments/36emds/ic_soviet/

I had been discussing custom plates with Melissa, but eventually just dropped it, thinking it would end up too expensive.

Any chance of Cyrillic mods?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 11:15:18 »
Wow, I haven't been on GH much lately and totally missed this IC. You and I had the same idea...

Here's my original reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/keycapdesigners/comments/36emds/ic_soviet/

I had been discussing custom plates with Melissa, but eventually just dropped it, thinking it would end up too expensive.

Any chance of Cyrillic mods?

Hey!

I remember now your post on reddit. I also have some replies in it (look for spoonyluv47).

I do here something similar. I'd like to introduce Cyrillics into SP palette. So upcoming keysets could include those if needed. Instead of doing full overhaul i think its cheaper to add just the missing cyrillic legends (ofcourse in Groton Modified font). It reduces the pricing greatly. Will be like ~100 bucks per Base kit.

Also i am skipping mods, because they cost more than 1u keys. For example look at Modern Selectric which introduced icon mods. Maybe someone will introduce cyrillic mods later.

Offline blastoid

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 11:17:56 »
I know, I have Modern Selectric. Man, I wanted those black mods too... I'll never understand how they didn't price-drop together since the legend plates are obviously the same.