Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 355476 times)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
Re: [IC] YURI SA Profile (Vote for cyrillics!)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 10:56:20 »
I think there should be 3u spacebar in case T0mb3ry want it to support Filco Minila

Space bars might be sold separately (3U, 4u and 7U), just like he did with Carbon.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 14:49:28 »
I think there should be 3u spacebar in case T0mb3ry want it to support Filco Minila

Space bars might be sold separately (3U, 4u and 7U), just like he did with Carbon.
Exactly. This will be the same for Yuri.

Offline mun2912

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 10:41:59 »

Exactly. This will be the same for Yuri.
Great...i bought 3u space with Carbon set  ;D

Offline Jedi

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 12:12:03 »
Any hope for double legends on the Cyrillic set even for just some smaller alpha letters printed either on the top or side of each keycap? 

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 12:42:47 »
Any hope for double legends on the Cyrillic set even for just some smaller alpha letters printed either on the top or side of each keycap?

Was already considering. I mean i am open to make only Cyrillic base kit with front printed latin letters (if everyone could live with it)

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 12:46:53 »

Was already considering. I mean i am open to make only Cyrillic base kit with front printed latin letters (if everyone could live with it)
I love the idea! This just a better way to go.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Jedi

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 14:00:34 »
+1 on double legends, again subtle is totally fine (granite had done that with Cyrillic and that way I can still use ansi but with the love of having Yuri.

Just wanted to add the thought to this already amazing set.

Offline climbalima

• likes building stuff
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 15:20:07 »
I wish the planck set was standalone

Offline hcwt

« Reply #308 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 21:25:21 »
I like this set.  Quite a lot.  But, I need an SA set in general.
KUL-ES87-MX Green
Ducky Shine 5-MX Blue
Topre Realforce - 104 45G dome swapped
KBP V60 - MX Blue

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 00:30:07 »
I need this set in my life

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 04:52:45 »
I need this set in my life

Same. My wallet will hate me, especially after Nantucket Selectric, but these MUST be purchased.

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 15:49:12 »
Feeling so torn.

I really really want to hold out for Yuri...but Nantucket Selectric is calling for me since it's a SA set running now. I must resist.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 23:25:59 »
Feeling so torn.

I really really want to hold out for Yuri...but Nantucket Selectric is calling for me since it's a SA set running now. I must resist.
BUT THOSE DOUBLE SHOT CYRILLICS

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 23:42:39 »

Feeling so torn.

BUT THOSE DOUBLE SHOT CYRILLICS

I just have to repeat to myself that I'll have Granite to tide myself over until Yuri.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 07:40:23 »
Feeling so torn.

I, too, am having this trouble. I've never had an SA set, and although Nantucket Selectric looks really nice, I'm saving myself for Yuri!

... but if I knew where to get a wood & brass ergodox case, I'd be all over Nantucket in a heartbeat.

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 08:51:44 »
Is there any chance of seeing mockups of the front printed set? Can't decide between the two!

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #316 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 09:28:22 »

Is there any chance of seeing mockups of the front printed set? Can't decide between the two!
Based on what I saw from Carbon SA set front printed led caps, it's beautiful.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 11:17:45 »
I am quite in a bad position with Yuri right now. I got two options:
- rush it and release it in a few months (Which i dislike somehow. I feel a little bit uncomfortable with current legends. Also i need to speak to SP or MD for a single run.)
- run it in autumn. I become father this summer and there is also Carbon, which will probably run also somewhere in summer (i didn't expected).

As i already said i want it to run just a single time just to introduce cyrillics, as you know i got already to much stuff todo with Carbon. Feel free to create a keyset with exact the same colorway, as nobody owns a colorway  ;) .

For people who are sitting on the fence to jump onto Nantucket Selectric GB. Dont be foolish jump in. Nantucket Selectric is a beautiful keyset and you will regret it not to get in. Trust me it will look bloody gorgeus.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2016, 11:21:44 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Jedi

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 11:37:35 »
Do not rush it.  I have been watching this set closely and I am extremely impressed with your attention to keycap profile format, novelty keys that truly show new originality and design, and font legend format printing.  There are too many sets that spend a good deal of time in IC and then get rushed to GB status only to get requests mid through the buy regarding kits and design/color options. 

This GB is one that, I think, you really want to have thought through in your mind and the only way you can do that successfully is with patience and time.  Luck may hit you one moment and everything could just come together.  Should that time come, we'll be ready, if not, wait for it.

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 21:40:22 »
i loved reading through this and am super hyped about it. taking your time is definitely a good thing. i would consider this as my first sa set, along w/ electric sa. keep up the good work
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 22:16:59 »
Take your time with it, our wallets will thank you.  ;)
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 00:01:03 »
For such a unique set, I want it turns out beautiful. No rush for the time and I will wait.

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 06:07:35 »
It's looking amazing, please don't rush it! And it'll let our wallets recover... ;)

Offline spoonypirate

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:27:17 »

Oh, definitely do this!

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 00:05:23 »
I really dig this set! The colors look fantastic together, and I would most definitely throw money at you for this! Cyrillic would be a plus for sure!!

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 22:36:15 »
Big question: would it be possible to have a simple Colemak/Dvorak child kit?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:05:22 »
I'm so in for a Cyrillic set, especially if this runs later in the year.  Keep up the good work!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:53:14 »
Big question: would it be possible to have a simple Colemak/Dvorak child kit?

Um as front print (colemak and dvorak for latin). Yes why not.

I'm so in for a Cyrillic set, especially if this runs later in the year.  Keep up the good work!

Yeah i mean Pulse will be done somewhere in sommer? And where will be another sets including Carbon. Its just ridiculous how SP is booked out.
WTF youtube
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:57:14 by T0mb3ry »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 13:59:00 »

Yeah i mean Pulse will be done somewhere in sommer? And where will be another sets including Carbon. Its just ridiculous how SP is booked out.

I agree, I'm looking at doing a custom set for my keyboard kit GB and had to go with another profile to be able to run as soon as I want :/  so many SA sets scheduled and so many more in IC

Offline Jedi

« Reply #329 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 23:00:46 »

I say you're ready then.  The color is absolutely perfect, your reputation is high with the successful Carbon run.  I say start a poll on MD and talk to YanboWu and Alex and the gang and get this one in the pile.  We've got novelties, we've got Cyrillic and Latin font, we've got kits, get in before this entire design gets picked up.  You're ready  :thumb:

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 23:29:16 »

I say you're ready then.  The color is absolutely perfect, your reputation is high with the successful Carbon run.  I say start a poll on MD and talk to YanboWu and Alex and the gang and get this one in the pile.  We've got novelties, we've got Cyrillic and Latin font, we've got kits, get in before this entire design gets picked up.  You're ready  :thumb:

Call me impatient, but I agree. I think this is ready to be run.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 23:30:42 »

Call me impatient, but I agree. I think this is ready to be run.

SP is backed up with SA orders at least until July

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 00:03:47 »

I dont know if people are ready to wait more than 6 months to get their keys. I need to make also some adjustments but its not that consumes a lot of time and is done in short time.

However i am missing a key for Deskthority. The Design for Deskthority key you see is owned by Deskthority club. I asked them for permission and didn't get one. Please do not go crazy on Deskthority its their right and i respect that. Also i am not the Deskthority club member so i personaly understand the reasons. Thay also have their rules and traditions which i do respect. So i still have no idea how to represent Deskthority. And i must because they are an important part of comunity. I've done some but it will never reach that style and simplicity of the original DT key. I need to show them the skteches and see if they accept it.

Again if someone is skilled in typography, please check the cyrillics and i would be thankful for pointing out some errors.

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 04:50:11 »

I dont know if people are ready to wait more than 6 months to get their keys. I need to make also some adjustments but its not that consumes a lot of time and is done in short time.

However i am missing a key for Deskthority. The Design for Deskthority key you see is owned by Deskthority club. I asked them for permission and didn't get one. Please do not go crazy on Deskthority its their right and i respect that. Also i am not the Deskthority club member so i personaly understand the reasons. Thay also have their rules and traditions which i do respect. So i still have no idea how to represent Deskthority. And i must because they are an important part of comunity. I've done some but it will never reach that style and simplicity of the original DT key. I need to show them the skteches and see if they accept it.

Again if someone is skilled in typography, please check the cyrillics and i would be thankful for pointing out some errors.

So long as I know the keys are coming, I'm OK to wait. I'll have Nantucket Selectric and a custom build to keep me busy until these arrive.

My body is ready. My wallet is... well, she'll get over it.

Offline AwSmCreator

« Reply #334 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 06:01:15 »
This is a really cool set. I hope the group buy happens.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #335 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 16:49:03 »

I would be more than ok with waiting for this set. The colors are perfect, the theme is perfect, and the execution is perfect IMO. As long as we'll get a quality set, I think everyone would be very happy

Offline need

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:07:26 »
Please do cyrillical all the way instead of having both qwerty and cyrillical on each key, as that'd be too much and just unnecessary.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 09:53:34 »

Please do cyrillical all the way instead of having both qwerty and cyrillical on each key, as that'd be too much and just unnecessary.

I agree!

Offline Volucris

• beep boop
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 10:07:56 »
Same here. I'm all for waiting for later this year when SP is available again and the keys are more refined. I'm a big fan of the Cyrillic.
KUL ES-87 - MX Browns

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 10:52:04 »
I said/suggested here (somewhere) already before. This is going to be only cyrillic base kit with front printed (probably deep blue color like modifiers) latin layout :)

All the non-alphas (non cyrillic) legends will be deep blue as modifiers.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 11:52:33 »
OP has been updated. Keep in mind i have to adjust othe kits too.

Ok here again for lazy ones.
This is the Base kit with look a like front printed ansi layout.

For those who are curious how SP front print looks like.

Pardon for the potato camera.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 15:37:05 »
I am so down and totally cool for this.  All in favor say aye! (voting button at the top) :thumb:

Offline need

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:08:04 »
I said/suggested here (somewhere) already before. This is going to be only cyrillic base kit with front printed (probably deep blue color like modifiers) latin layout :)

All the non-alphas (non cyrillic) legends will be deep blue as modifiers.

Hey, this version actually look better than what I have in mind, and quite sophisticated indeed  :)
Now being only one base kit left, will it bring down the production price?  :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 19:56:01 by need »

Offline simonyunhe

[IC] YURI SA Profile (Vote for cyrillics!)
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:58:08 »
Can you add another ESC which is blue base with orange alpha into the Base set? Thx

Offline VereChi

« Reply #344 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 04:47:51 »
I am very interested with this Keycaps. Count me in! MOQ?

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 06:55:07 »
I hate to be a party pooper, but the front printing makes it look too busy for me. I hope it grows on me, or single legend cyrillics still happen somehow.

Are there any other shots of front printed SA, preferably a full set on a board?

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:38:51 »
I hate to be a party pooper, but the front printing makes it look too busy for me. I hope it grows on me, or single legend cyrillics still happen somehow.

Are there any other shots of front printed SA, preferably a full set on a board?

This.  I can't even begin to understand why someone, obviously into keyboards/keycaps, would need front printed Latin legends anyway. But, I am one person. Maybe it will grow on me as well.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #347 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:15:45 »

This.  I can't even begin to understand why someone, obviously into keyboards/keycaps, would need front printed Latin legends anyway. But, I am one person. Maybe it will grow on me as well.

I'm with you. I would prefer single legend cyrillics as well. I still like the set, but would like it more without front printed Latin legends

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:50:15 »

Check this out! Not that bad  ;D!

in few hours we will have the GB up and running. In the meantime... Whitefox on SA Retro :)

Show Image

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 09:16:30 »

Check this out! Not that bad  ;D!

in few hours we will have the GB up and running. In the meantime... Whitefox on SA Retro :)

Show Image

Thanks for posting this. Helps give a better idea and yeah not bad at all!