Author Topic: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CONCLUDED]  (Read 272501 times)

Offline pcire

Re: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CLOSED]
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 11:02:22 »
I don't know why the customers have to be the ones to post the updates on the GB thread, but here it is:

Thanks for the update!

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #401 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 11:28:47 »
I don't know why the customers have to be the ones to post the updates on the GB thread, but here it is:

You should know very well that it is not your business posting updates.

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 13:56:22 »

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

(I'm not the person who originally posted that response, but I wholeheartedly endorse it here. People in GB have an expectation that a product will be produced in a manner and timeframe as described by the runner. Any changes should be communicated in a timely and transparent manner. Most people are reasonable, and we all know 2020 has been a year of adjusted expectations. That said, it does not eliminate the need for ongoing communications because most people don't feel like throwing ¥/£/€/$ out the window.)
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:17:56 by azzipa »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:08:12 »

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Completely warranted to be honest. People have been getting in his face for months now, totally understandable that he'd be defensive when someone making him to be a ****head by posting the updated he'd just posted on discord.

If you want to be nice to the participants and want to post something like that before waiting for the OP to do so himself (which is kinda weird to begin with, especially when it had just happened), at least omit the bit where you are disrespectful and condescending.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:29:13 »

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Completely warranted to be honest. People have been getting in his face for months now, totally understandable that he'd be defensive when someone making him to be a ****head by posting the updated he'd just posted on discord.

If you want to be nice to the participants and want to post something like that before waiting for the OP to do so himself (which is kinda weird to begin with, especially when it had just happened), at least omit the bit where you are disrespectful and condescending.

The update on Discord was posted 1h before I posted it on the thread. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to copy some text and paste it here, so why wasn't it posted?

I wonder how much longer the GB runner would have waited if it wasn't for my comment, because most of the other updates were either late, not posted at all, or posted by a customer.

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:32:57 »
And you should know very well to cross post information to all mediums that you use. It takes less than a minute to open up forums and copy paste the same message from Discord.

Btw, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106072.msg2937238#msg2937238.

Offline bliss

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:02:56 »
It's not a matter of who posted what where and when, it's about disrespectful tone.

I'm here for keyboards, and you?

Offline perry4761

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:07:10 »
Thank you for the update, plastik! Looking forward to receiving my HMKB :)

Offline ponchofreedo

• it me
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:27:53 »
it's the OP's thread and groupbuy...why not just let the OP post their own updates? that response was totally warranted.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:36:56 »
The update on Discord was posted 1h before I posted it on the thread. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to copy some text and paste it here, so why wasn't it posted?

Do you truly think one hour is a long time? Maybe he wanted to post something slightly different on here, maybe he had something come up, who are you to make up random conjectures regarding why it was not instantly copy pasted just because that's what you would have done?

I wonder how much longer the GB runner would have waited if it wasn't for my comment, because most of the other updates were either late, not posted at all, or posted by a customer.

That's a great question. I guess we'll never find out because you kindly reposted a screenshot of what was said on discord an hour after it was released.

Maybe we can find out next update.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:32:28 »

Do you truly think one hour is a long time? Maybe he wanted to post something slightly different on here, maybe he had something come up, who are you to make up random conjectures regarding why it was not instantly copy pasted just because that's what you would have done?

That's a great question. I guess we'll never find out because you kindly reposted a screenshot of what was said on discord an hour after it was released.

Maybe we can find out next update.

And yet, he posted basically the same thing.

We already found this out with a previous update that was posted on discord on September 9th, and had to be posted on GH by a user on Septermber 13th: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106072.msg2957302#msg2957302

Honestly, some of you need to start being less cucky toward GB runners and stand up for yourselves as customers. If nobody had started complaining, this GB would be in the same situation it was in 2 months ago.

And this is my last post in this thread as I don't want my order to be cancelled.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #411 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 03:28:31 »
Who do I contact regarding shipping address change?

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 03:57:41 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:05:29 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 04:59:01 »
Who do I contact regarding shipping address change?
Don't remember where this was mentioned, but plastik said he would do address changes all in one go once units are closer to being sent.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 16:26:36 »
Got my refund so I'm just happy the money can go towards something else since 2x of the boards I ordered were intended as Christmas presents which I obviously won't be happening now.

Even if not for that time frame, going from "production won't take more than a couple weeks" and saying silence = everything is ok to "i can confidently say Q4" and blaming the amount of time spent on discord for the delays to "its coming in 9 more weeks and i won't be humouring any more questions until then" would have me wanting to salvage any money I can from this mess. If you think the level of "hostility" is unwarranted, look to the attitude displayed towards someone sharing an update and it doesn't take much imagination to get a sense of the attitude towards the group buy participants in general. I was still skeptical but at least thankful for some kind of update until seeing the continued hostile attitude towards customers and decided that's enough for me. Even the refund email was kinda obnoxious and self righteous but hey, but at the end of the day at least the refund happened. So that's the last I'll be saying in this thread.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 December 2020, 16:28:36 by nathanchere »

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:09:30 »
I hope plastik wakes up from ****ty behaviour. He lied about cases in production in earlier updates and keeps on changing deadlines. People are fine with delays but there has got to be transparency. Delays without any real communication will always end up in KKINGKKONG situation. I hope this does not end up that way. Plastik is quick to compare delays to other GB's but never compares his poor communications to other GB's. People can tell if you are not interested in sharing updates. I wish him all the best

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:39:23 »
Allegations:

1. lying about case production
2. changing deadlines
3. no transparency/communication

Answers:

1. Untrue. The first update in which I announced that the cases are in production was in the last update. In an earlier update, I announced that PCB production had started. You maybe confuse something with production of pre production units or earlier prototypes.

2. Untrue. I have never ever set any deadline. I have only given estimates.

3. IMO, I had shared quite detailed what caused the delay. I had also detailed why I chose to limit further insights going forward.

Would you please show me some proof that you are actually a part of this group buy? Thanks.

Offline bliss

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:36:40 »

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 17:42:59 »
If Plastikschnittstelle ever makes it out of this mess - I'd love to review the board. But only once people start getting theirs

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:23:58 »
If Plastikschnittstelle ever makes it out of this mess - I'd love to review the board. But only once people start getting theirs
ooo hell yea bro, would love to see a lit review on ur channel! could u link it for me? im boutta hit that sub button and drop a fat BELL CLICK on your ish if u kno what i mean haha bro yea keep it up keep hustlin' u gon' make it big bro

Offline honoka

« Reply #420 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 01:27:55 »
this community has lost all of it's patience and is has become a bunch of entitled cry babies.
this is not a company that you have placed and order with. it's a one person thing so stuff can get overwhelming, especially at these volumes.
i'm all for keeping gb runners accountable, but my dudes, this isn't it. nothing has gone south except for the time plan. it's a group buy, it happens.
i'm pretty sure that you could sell your spots at anytime if you fear for your money being lost. and i'm also sure you could cancel your order if you asked nicely.

please don't start up a discussion with me if you feel targeted, just chill and stop spreading negativity and we will all be fine.

Offline Liub

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:07:17 »

Are you asking for a free board? Lol. You can review it when the extras come out, and that is after the GB participants get theirs lol.

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 13:45:16 »
Well, I have also joined the refund ranks. Like it has been said many times before, the problem has not been fully the delays and waiting. And besides, ease of manufacturing and the aggressive Q3 estimate was one of the primary selling points for a lot of people. Like others have said, the issue was saying that silence = no problems, only to be told on the month the boards were projected to be shipped that production hadn't even started. This was accompanied by a new Q4 'estimate', in order to be 'sure it would be delivered on time'.

2 more months passed, only for it to be announced that the status had not changed and that production hadn't even started. The main obstacle was still the same: plastik didn’t know how to store the keyboards. I understand that the logistics of running a GB are incredibly complicated, but something like this should have been thought out before the GB was run, or at least in the beginning stages post-payments. Not 2 months after boards were expected to be shipped. We all know that this year has been a **** show, and if plastik cited delays due to corona nobody would bat an eye. But, he explicitly stated that this had nothing to do with covid.

As far as the participants were concerned, until the most recent December update the expected shipping was still supposed to be Q4. Of course, most of us saw that this was totally unrealistic. Unsurprisingly, the boards are now expected to be produced by February. With QC and packaging, who knows when they will eventually be shipped - most likely not before April 2021. I have been confused by these aggressive timelines that plastik has set for himself. First 4 months for Q3 and then 3 months for Q4. Surely with his previous GB (which lasted around a year), he must have known that these were not tenable. Many of us have explained that, yes, the delays suck but are understandable. What is frustrating are unrealistically aggressive timelines, with communication gaps, only to be told right before the 'deadline' that no progress has been made and that there will be further delays. This is the process which many have said eroded participant's trust. If in the first delay update  he had said that he simply didn't know when boards would be shipped, or even said Q2 2021, most of us would probably understand and be okay with it.

Many people have justifiably complained, and some have done it overtly destructive and negative ways. But instead of recognizing how participants have felt throughout this process, plastik doubled down and increasingly reacted with his own hostility.  This included cancelling somebody's order, not being straight-forward about the reasons, and pretending that he would fix the 'mistake'. Only to never do so. I understand where his reaction comes from, but there were many other ways of going about this in a less passive-aggressive manner. Subsequent actions and updates have shown a lack of reflexivity and absolving of guilt on plastik's part. There is a shifting of blame onto participants, without acknowledging how he has contributed to the current dynamic.

Amidst all of this I am grateful to have been given a refund, which is not something Plastik needed to grant. It also seems that there are many participants that are quite happy with how things are progressing. I personally am happy to cut my losses and move on to other pastures. It does seem that with production starting at least there is movement, and there is now a new phase with this  GB. I hope plastik's new tactic of minimized updates works out for him, and wish everybody well in the rest of this GB.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #423 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 03:15:48 »
nothing has gone south except for the time plan. it's a group buy, it happens.

To play devil's advocate, the time frame, supported by how easy production is supposed to be (folding a couple of cut steel sheets), was considered one of the prime selling points of the group buy.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 11:34:47 »
HMKB was presented as a sophisticated GB. Plastik put up a slick website and the online ordering experience was trouble free. The IC thread was active and there was no mention of any concerns about production or delivery.

The simple manufacturing process was a highlight and seemed to support his statement of a 3Q20 delivery. Splitting hairs at this point to talk about lying vs transparency. No matter how you characterize the communications, they have not been accurate.

The most recent announcement may be accurate, only time will tell. Regardless, the last few months stand in stark contrast to how the GB was pitched. In hindsight, a limited production run may have been warranted with a view towards a future round. Kudos to Plastik refunding people who want to move on. I also think extras will all find willing buyers judging by the initial response.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2020, 11:36:34 by azzipa »

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 15:07:17 »
I'm not a part of this at all but after reading this thread, I have sympathy for anyone who is dealing with these delays. While they are almost always unavoidable and somewhat expected at times, all Plastik has done in these comments is just defend himself and try to argue rather than provide updates.

For the sake of the community and anyone involved, I hope this turns around soon.

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #426 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 04:57:08 »
Well, I have also joined the refund ranks. Like it has been said many times before, the problem has not been fully the delays and waiting. And besides, ease of manufacturing and the aggressive Q3 estimate was one of the primary selling points for a lot of people. Like others have said, the issue was saying that silence = no problems, only to be told on the month the boards were projected to be shipped that production hadn't even started. This was accompanied by a new Q4 'estimate', in order to be 'sure it would be delivered on time'.

2 more months passed, only for it to be announced that the status had not changed and that production hadn't even started. The main obstacle was still the same: plastik didn’t know how to store the keyboards. I understand that the logistics of running a GB are incredibly complicated, but something like this should have been thought out before the GB was run, or at least in the beginning stages post-payments. Not 2 months after boards were expected to be shipped. We all know that this year has been a **** show, and if plastik cited delays due to corona nobody would bat an eye. But, he explicitly stated that this had nothing to do with covid.

As far as the participants were concerned, until the most recent December update the expected shipping was still supposed to be Q4. Of course, most of us saw that this was totally unrealistic. Unsurprisingly, the boards are now expected to be produced by February. With QC and packaging, who knows when they will eventually be shipped - most likely not before April 2021. I have been confused by these aggressive timelines that plastik has set for himself. First 4 months for Q3 and then 3 months for Q4. Surely with his previous GB (which lasted around a year), he must have known that these were not tenable. Many of us have explained that, yes, the delays suck but are understandable. What is frustrating are unrealistically aggressive timelines, with communication gaps, only to be told right before the 'deadline' that no progress has been made and that there will be further delays. This is the process which many have said eroded participant's trust. If in the first delay update  he had said that he simply didn't know when boards would be shipped, or even said Q2 2021, most of us would probably understand and be okay with it.

Many people have justifiably complained, and some have done it overtly destructive and negative ways. But instead of recognizing how participants have felt throughout this process, plastik doubled down and increasingly reacted with his own hostility.  This included cancelling somebody's order, not being straight-forward about the reasons, and pretending that he would fix the 'mistake'. Only to never do so. I understand where his reaction comes from, but there were many other ways of going about this in a less passive-aggressive manner. Subsequent actions and updates have shown a lack of reflexivity and absolving of guilt on plastik's part. There is a shifting of blame onto participants, without acknowledging how he has contributed to the current dynamic.

Amidst all of this I am grateful to have been given a refund, which is not something Plastik needed to grant. It also seems that there are many participants that are quite happy with how things are progressing. I personally am happy to cut my losses and move on to other pastures. It does seem that with production starting at least there is movement, and there is now a new phase with this  GB. I hope plastik's new tactic of minimized updates works out for him, and wish everybody well in the rest of this GB.

Perfectly on point. Just mentioning delays at end time and mentioning a reason is not communicating. People have been asking for even minor updates, any photos, state of GB (which components are at which stage), how plastik plans to handle storage issues and what not. But plastic is extremely silent on those points. We did not even know that cases had not started production when pcb update was given. All of a sudden, plastic mentions that cases will go into production on X date and we are to forget that there was no progress on cases for so long. It feels like when next deadline would approach, he would just say, "screws are going into production next month and gb is delayed". We dont even know the status of other components or atleast they would not be cause of another delay. He should really learn from other GB's and other designers on keeping updated (even when there are no updates or delays). Informing that cases will go into production next year (after 6 months of GB start) is not communicating... Some examples

"I had been too open with personal information so far, like space search for example. From here on out I will no longer offer any more personal insight. Updates will be strictly HMKB case only, no personal context. The next updates will come when the PCBs and later cases and plates arrive, nothing else."

He doesnt even understand what people want when they say be more transparent. And being cocky on top of this is a dealbreaker. Sharing smaller updates E.G. "Cases have finished production and are in transit" only increases hype and builds a good environment and instead we get no more updates until they have arrived.

9/9/2020 - "Since I have some more pre production units now, I'll send some of them out for further preview. "

No updates on this. Its been three months

Another one - "There will not be weekly updates. Maybe some of you would have hoped to get to know more details of the production process an about how a group buy like this is run. To that I respond that the group buy is about the product you receive and not meant as a learning experience about how to run a GB - I won't provide that. I doubt there ever has been a group buy that delivered updates on a weekly basis. "

He thinks that people are interested in updates because they are interested to learn how a group buy is run... Joining a gb to learn how a gb is run would be the least reason to join a gb

I haven't seen a kb gb where if you ask the designer "Hey, any updates on X" and they (or mods or discord members) answer or point you to an update that has your answer. Its the complete opposite here. You are not allowed to ask questions. Be at mercy of your holiness. Plastic has created all the problems for himself. I wish I had a refund asap option.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2020, 05:00:10 by sagarsiddhpura »

Offline Mekberg

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 06:33:07 »
So, LowSodiumGeekhack when?

Can we just be happy someone has taken the time to design, prototype and manufacture a super cool keyboard that none of us would otherwise even be able to buy? And that organising such a groupbuy, even with the best intentions, is harder than we can imagine?

I bought two keyboards knowing full well it would probably be delayed, and there would be no exact due date. I'm not inclined to ask for any refund whatsoever. I am patiently waiting for Plastik to run this process as best he can. So far, I can't think of a single thing he as "promised" me and broken, because he hasn't made promises, only expressed hopes and stated expectations. So... can we just chill?

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #428 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 13:08:25 »
Its not just about delays. Re-read the comment again.

Offline zxer

« Reply #429 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 13:15:58 »
Link below for a build stream for a pre-prod unit last week;

Offline Mekberg

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 05:51:15 »

I get that, but what's the point of harassing the GB runner for updates when there isn't any news. I'm not much on Discord either, so of course I would rather have updates here, but I'm still convinced that if there is news important enough for everyone to hear, everyone will hear it. He has my e-mail, he can send out a blast if it's truly urgent or important enough.

Basically, no news is good news. I expect delays and long wait times. That's the nature of this game. A keyboard not being delayed, now that's something that requires an update :)

Offline ddnomad

[GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CLOSED]
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 08:24:05 »

I get that, but what's the point of harassing the GB runner for updates when there isn't any news. I'm not much on Discord either, so of course I would rather have updates here, but I'm still convinced that if there is news important enough for everyone to hear, everyone will hear it. He has my e-mail, he can send out a blast if it's truly urgent or important enough.

Basically, no news is good news. I expect delays and long wait times. That's the nature of this game. A keyboard not being delayed, now that's something that requires an update :)
Consistency.

Even Rama realized that providing regular updates on a fixed schedule has value to customers. Even if there are no news, the fact that their update has nothing to say on _group buy x_ means this is intentional. This is an explicit “NO-OP” for customers saying that the group buy runner acknowledges that no further progress was made and is fine disclosing it because everything is going “according to a plan” or “otherwise”.

Essentially, making “no news update” forces the group buy runner to acknowledge the fact that nothing has changed and potentially get a ****storm in return from customers demanding to elaborate on the reasons. From GB runner standpoint it’s a bother. From the customer standpoint, this is called transparency.

Now for some group buys there are no updates for months and nobody complains. It can be either because customers trust the GB runner (previous group buys? runner is a famous community member?) or because it just so happened nobody started complaining.

Whatever is the case I recommend all GB runners to adopt a biweekly updates schedule. It makes sense and it helps with establishing trust. And if each update causes a ****storm there is always an option to ignore it completely or ban hammer on platforms that can be moderated.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 January 2021, 12:48:41 by ddnomad »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 11:32:13 »
Basically, no news is good news.

Eh, no. The GB runner has established precisely the opposite through their handling thus far.

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 01:08:16 »
Yeah, this one is not a usual GB where no news is good news. No news would mean he procrastinated and there would be another delay. Also I havent seen any gb where there are so few updates. GB runners share things like when things go into production, when machining is completed, some pics from factories, when things are in transit etc. There are no such updates here. Plastik is deliberately not sharing those. So no news complaints are more related to that

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 15:32:17 »
That's because he doesn't want to "educate us on how to run a gb"... right...??

Offline bball2

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 18:11:19 »
Any update? PCB? Cases?

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 18:57:12 »
People in here asking for updates:

First time?

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 19:12:21 »

First time?

Last update was almost 2 months ago. It isn't unreasonable to ask for them.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 20:18:26 »

First time?

Last update was almost 2 months ago. It isn't unreasonable to ask for them.
I know it isn't.

Just saying that OP has said it many times over the past year to not expect updates from him.

Offline bball2

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 22:00:11 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2021, 22:08:25 by bball2 »

Offline bball2

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 22:08:08 »
Edit: just read through the last few pages... editing out my previous comment.

I guess the group buy runner has made it pretty clear what he thinks about updates and deadlines.

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 15:47:12 »
UPDATE - CASES ARRIVED

Sooo, it's KW5 now and guess what has arrived? YES, your cases! Took some pictures so you can get an impression of what ten pallets or 2.42 tons of heavy metal look like.

I'm usually not a big fan of the brass look in a keyboard case but damn those brass plates look nice. They were shining so bright, it felt like opening a treasure box full of gold :)

Next I will have to do quality control and count everything. The first few parts I randomly checked are all good, which is quite a relief for me. I assume I'll need about two weeks before I have checked everything. Worst case scenario would be that some parts will turn out not OK and will have to be redone - my initial checks don't suggest that. Best case scenario would be all parts are fine. Then the next step would be to prepare them for transportation so the parts can go to powder coating and galvanizing.

Btw, the PCBs have started their journey to Germany, just a few days ago. They should have been finished already in early December but I was told that due to a shortage of some components it would take longer - which was fine, since the cases weren't done at that point anyway. Interesting though, since this ties in with the general shortage of basically any kind of PC hardware atm. Looks like even simple keyboard PCBs are affected now.

Huge thanks goes out to all of you who have been patient and supportive. The biggest part is done now.

I'll be back here with the next update in two weeks, lets say Feb 18th.

---

Small addition to avoid confusion. This is all straight from the factory and nothing is coated or finished in any way. All raw metal. The steel case parts will go to powder coating, the stainless steel case parts (the foiled ones) will go to bead blasting, the steel plates will go to galvanizing (black zink) and the brass plates will go to bead blasting like the stainless steel case parts and after that to galvanizing black like the normal steel plates.

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 15:49:58 »
ADDRESS CHANGES

A lot of you contact me regarding address changes, about two per week. Please don't feel worried that I don't reply to these messages. I had mentioned this before but I guess it's good to repeat it - before shipping starts (no, not imminent) I will ask to send me a mail in a certain format which I will prepare. Then I can hopefully automate this at least a bit.

Offline Nuclear Nachos

• Anima and Animus
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 15:52:36 »
glad to see the boards are arriving and without issue

Offline Aldana

« Reply #444 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 15:57:55 »
Good news, thanks for the update!

Offline bliss

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 16:39:03 »
amazing, amazing. makes me happy :thumb:

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 17:08:59 »
UPDATE - CASES ARRIVED

Sooo, it's KW5 now and guess what has arrived? YES, your cases! Took some pictures so you can get an impression of what ten pallets or 2.42 tons of heavy metal look like.

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I'm usually not a big fan of the brass look in a keyboard case but damn those brass plates look nice. They were shining so bright, it felt like opening a treasure box full of gold :)

Next I will have to do quality control and count everything. The first few parts I randomly checked are all good, which is quite a relief for me. I assume I'll need about two weeks before I have checked everything. Worst case scenario would be that some parts will turn out not OK and will have to be redone - my initial checks don't suggest that. Best case scenario would be all parts are fine. Then the next step would be to prepare them for transportation so the parts can go to powder coating and galvanizing.

Btw, the PCBs have started their journey to Germany, just a few days ago. They should have been finished already in early December but I was told that due to a shortage of some components it would take longer - which was fine, since the cases weren't done at that point anyway. Interesting though, since this ties in with the general shortage of basically any kind of PC hardware atm. Looks like even simple keyboard PCBs are affected now.

Huge thanks goes out to all of you who have been patient and supportive. The biggest part is done now.

I'll be back here with the next update in two weeks, lets say Feb 18th.

---

Small addition to avoid confusion. This is all straight from the factory and nothing is coated or finished in any way. All raw metal. The steel case parts will go to powder coating, the stainless steel case parts (the foiled ones) will go to bead blasting, the steel plates will go to galvanizing (black zink) and the brass plates will go to bead blasting like the stainless steel case parts and after that to galvanizing black like the normal steel plates.
Props for this

Offline perry4761

« Reply #447 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 17:17:21 »
Nice! Great update, can't wait to see the cases after the finishing process!

Offline bball2

« Reply #448 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 18:54:43 »
Awesome update, thanks!

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 21:29:50 »
Can't believe I missed this one! If anyone has a 95 kit they want to sell email me! wagnern96@gmail.com
<3