Author Topic: [IC] KAT Iron- Salvun caps unleashed - GB date August 2nd!!! Pricing added  (Read 60614 times)

Offline harlekein

The additional quote ("/') key in ortho kit doesn't seem to be adding anything.

Otherwise, looking great!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

Any chance for ergo blanks?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

If you havent filled out the form can you do that and add it in, I am all for adding it if the interest is there but we are getting up there in kits and while KAT offers us flexibility the vendor and proxy still need to manage all these things and I think we are at 26  :eek:
If you have blank ergo friends have them ask to!! Thanks for the feedback!

Offline fatboycarney

I’m very excited about the changes FBC! Can’t wait to see what all the collab material will be too!

Thanks DrHigsby and appreciate the early input!! Collabs should be fun!

I love the light to dark mono gradient. I'm a sucker for noventies and I think that's a place where this kit really shines. The medieval weaponry and armor is so good.

Thanks man! OCM again knocking the novelties out of the park or off the board!! Thanks! And awesome that you are  SodiePops are on board for said above mentioned collabs!!
All the updates are posted, to numerous to mention in the comments

New kits, new phoenicians, new novelties, new alpha/mod colour, vendor, artisan collabs. WOW! :eek:

Wooo, new Phoenician alphas, kits and novelties are looking great! Really nice update. I'm thrilled to see you guys decided to use the same icons and legends as Hyperfuse. :) And that R3 Up key is a good idea actually; maybe it should find its way to HF too.

Thank you very much konstantin and Double thank you for your amazing feedback on the Phoenician alphas! R3 Up key, nice eye, that credit goes to eskimojo and liked the idea and want to try it out so included it

Offline Sneetzle

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Kit changes/additions being worked on
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 00:42:25 »

New kits, new phoenicians, new novelties, new alpha/mod colour, vendor, artisan collabs. WOW! :eek:

Awesome!

Any plans for an EU vendor/proxy?

Edit: The Phoenician modifiers in the novelties kit spell "NORI" (iron backwards) is this intentional? Shouldn't it be IRON?
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2020, 01:32:08 by Sneetzle »
"Tokyo60 with GMK Terminal"

Offline KingOfMemes

In for that Colevrak <3

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Kit changes/additions being worked on
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 09:36:14 »
Edit: The Phoenician modifiers in the novelties kit spell "NORI" (iron backwards) is this intentional? Shouldn't it be IRON?

Semitic languages are written from right to left.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
Oh man everything about this set is great. I feel like I'm gonna need a few sets from this GB

Offline fatboycarney

Awesome!

Any plans for an EU vendor/proxy?

Yes for sure an EU proxy, will update soon!

konstantin got you the answer on your other comment!  :cool:

In for that Colevrak <3

Success! Yes thank you!  :thumb:

Oh good catch, thanks! And thank you very much!

Oh man everything about this set is great. I feel like I'm gonna need a few sets from this GB
Thats great to here thanks for the support!

Offline fatboycarney

Updates

Added rusted numpad
Added  R1 and R2 rust enter accents to ortho
fixed Legends on numrow in alphas as it was using Frow white legends

Also will post colours shortly as some have requested but wanted to clarify that the F-Row is actually a very light grey RAL https://www.ralcolorchart.com/ral-classic/ral-7047-telegrey-4

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback, tons of good stuff has come in and a huge number of very positive feedback forms!

Offline fatboycarney

Fixed by removing superfluous key!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Added Vendors
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 14:33:37 »

Very happy to add the following proxies to KAT Iron!!

Europe - Mykeyboard
Asia - Zfrontier
Oceania - DailyClack

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Deskmat Feedback Form posted
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 10:45:52 »
OCM has been hard at work creating some amazing Deskmats, please help us with Feedback at the form posted here https://forms.gle/uQVxH8D9y4qnHGDj9 and in the OP at th top!!

Thanks for your help!!

Offline harlekein

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 04:45:06 »
I am somewhat interested in the novelties, but seeing how many are in there and how many I'd use I doubt I'd get the kit. It goes into too many directions.

• Old iron armor/weapons
  • Modern objects (Eiffel tower, pipe, which is a good joke, but still..)
  • Elemental properties
  • Phoenician words

I would recommend choosing one or two directions for this and cutting a few out of that kit.

Personally I am favoring the elemental notation and Phoenician words, but that's also because the ENTER novelties are unusuable for me on ortho layout. I do like the sword. The axe should probably be straight.

Offline moljor

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 11:51:55 »
I am somewhat interested in the novelties, but seeing how many are in there and how many I'd use I doubt I'd get the kit. It goes into too many directions.

• Old iron armor/weapons
  • Elemental properties
  • Phoenician words

I would recommend choosing one or two directions for this and cutting a few out of that kit.

Personally I am favoring the elemental notation and Phoenician words, but that's also because the ENTER novelties are unusuable for me on ortho layout. I do like the sword. The axe should probably be straight.
I agree with this.
I probably won’t buy the novelties because there’s too much I wouldn’t use but I do like the Phoenician and porphyrin novelties.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 13:26:12 »

• Old iron armor/weapons
  • Elemental properties
  • Phoenician words

I agree with this.
I probably won’t buy the novelties because there’s too much I wouldn’t use but I do like the Phoenician and porphyrin novelties.

Buy and then flip on mechmarket. I disagree that the solution is to cut keys in order for some people to buy a kit.

Offline moljor

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 13:53:18 »
Buy and then flip on mechmarket. I disagree that the solution is to cut keys in order for some people to buy a kit.

Oh no, I wouldn’t cut keys but just saying I’d rather see some of them as part of the base instead sort of like the identity of the set.

But more people would probably just get the novelty set.

Offline Roche

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 20:29:40 »
Had to make a GH account to jump in here.  Been with this set since the beginning and my early impression regarding novelties was similar to what is stated above.  I love the more "scientific" ones, but I also really love the variety.  I was a huge fan of GMK Copper for the same reason, really different novelties and the only thing they all had in common was Copper... the theme of the set.

I think these go in a similar direction, where the images are all quite unrelated... except that they are all made of Iron (which is the theme of the whole set).  There is definitely a sub-theme of weapons/armor that has popped up in the kit, which personally is not my jam, however, there are a LOT of people so far that have responded well to that sub-theme, so it would be silly to cut them out.  Also with KAT, the kits are a lot less expensive than GMK, so why not throw a bunch of novelties in there and then you get to pick and choose which you like?

If you don't see any commonality between the novelty kit, you need to look again.  If you get it, but would still rather the novelty kit be tailored to just the novelties that you would buy... well I don't think that's a reasonable expectation of any set designer.

Part of the fun of this set (and Copper before it) is trying to figure out what ties the novelties together if you don't know the name of the set.  You should be able to look at the colors on the board, look at the images on the novelties, and the custom alpha set (if you so choose) and piece it all together.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 23:17:57 »

• Old iron armor/weapons
  • Elemental properties
  • Phoenician words

• Old iron armor/weapons
  • Elemental properties
  • Phoenician words

I agree with this.

Thanks very much for the feedback, I really do appreciate it and I think that Roche above really covered anything I would say but I will try and add a few things.

The thing I like about the elements and why I seem drawn to doing these sets is the amazing diversity of these elements and where we find them in the world. Iron also being the most plentiful element on earth by mass I believe its everywhere. And I like trying to find it in strange places, so I give everyone a choice on how they want to build out their Iron setup.

The other awesome thing is KAT pricing and the lack of requirement for molds vs GMK, these kits are crazy cost effective and giving the designer the ability to add a whack of novelties to appeal to as many people as possible is really compelling. Check out some other KAT set novelty kits and they are relatively very cost effective and some very large. So I like to take advantage of that and give everyone a bit of what they want. Myself I will likely mix and match, maybe 1 or 2 from each subtheme as they are all from one theme Iron.

As far as the comment of moving some keys into other kits that sort of defeats the strength of KAT where things can be very separated, in GMK managing this would be much more of a consideration.

I hope that explains my thinking and rational behind the kit, and i wont tell you that I am considering one additional totally unrelated novelty  :eek:

again thanks very much for the input, I really do try to incorporate everything I can and I love getting feedback!

Offline harlekein

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 04:42:00 »
If you don't see any commonality between the novelty kit, you need to look again.  If you get it, but would still rather the novelty kit be tailored to just the novelties that you would buy... well I don't think that's a reasonable expectation of any set designer.

Well, I get it. I'm just stating my opinion. It's clear from the responses that other people do like the diversity or different directions, so I don't expect anything to change at all.  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 14:23:37 »

Well, I get it. I'm just stating my opinion. It's clear from the responses that other people do like the diversity or different directions, so I don't expect anything to change at all.  :thumb:

For sure and keep the feedback coming!!! really appreciate everything everyone is providing, its much appreciated!  ;D

Offline helborne

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 20:14:24 »
what I'd really like to see is a blank kit of the gradients. 5 cap (1, 2, 3, 4, 4) kit that you can decide how many to order. only want a few to fill out a weird layout? cool. want to fill a preonic or xd75, just order multiple packs
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 May 2020, 22:16:30 by helborne »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 21:28:31 »
what I'd really like to see is a blank kit of the gradients. 5 cap (1, 2, 3, 4, 4) kit that you can decide how many to order. only want a few to fill out a weird layout? cool. want to fill a preonic or xd75, just order multiple packs

Sorry for slow reply helborne, this is something that has certainly piqued my interest. No promisese but will see what options we have, would love to hear if this is something others would be interested in?

On another note we have a couple updates, a new deskmat form is live, simpler, one choice, please fill out and help decide.  https://forms.gle/4oqRaaN2FaRsc5w68
Thanks

And I would like to update on 2 new artisan collabs, lividitycaps and sludgekidd will be joining in on making some amazing artisan caps for KAT Iron!!!

Offline fatboycarney

Deskmats have been selected by a nearly unanimous vote

And have added new vendor, Funkeys for Ukraine, Russia and Belarus! So glad to have them on board!!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

Fixed north kit, Legend colour on rust keys was incorrect, thanks for whoever filled in the form to alert me to this!

Offline fatboycarney

Curious if this is something that enough people are interested in, would love to get some feedback here

Offline helborne

thank you for testing this out. In for 14 kits of 1 column!

Offline kajahtaa

I love the idea of blank kits that stick to the theme

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Curious if this is something that enough people are interested in, would love to get some feedback here

Show Image

It's fun for the quefrency 65 / VE.A and clones and other boards where you've got a left sided macro zone in addition to the blank alphas possibilities. KAT is the profile to do something like it as well.

Offline fatboycarney

thank you for testing this out. In for 14 kits of 1 column!

I love the idea of blank kits that stick to the theme

Show Image

It's fun for the quefrency 65 / VE.A and clones and other boards where you've got a left sided macro zone in addition to the blank alphas possibilities. KAT is the profile to do something like it as well.

Thanks for the feedback each of you, you have helped confirm adding this kit! Will update main post to include  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2020, 10:35:27 by fatboycarney »

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.

Show Image

At a certain point, it might be kinda cool to pick up 12 of these to cover a Planck. I’d definitely consider blanks once the GB launches.

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Deskmats Selected, Vendors added, Gothcaps collab!
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 14:07:17 »

Show Image

At a certain point, it might be kinda cool to pick up 12 of these to cover a Planck. I’d definitely consider blanks once the GB launches.
Great to know, they are in for quoting so might be a nice surprise at how many people end up grabbing some.

Also just want to add that I have confirmed a new collab with gothcaps!!!

Offline RedBeardDog

Show Image

Show Image

And have added new vendor, Funkeys for Ukraine, Russia and Belarus! So glad to have them on board!!!  :thumb:

nice deskmats

and good news about vendor for CIS

Offline fatboycarney

Show Image

Show Image

nice deskmats

and good news about vendor for CIS

Glad to hear!! Thanks for the feedback

Also updated with final novelty kit including additional 1.25 and 1.5 U novs, this was also requested a number of times in the feedback form as previously only phoenician text novs were included.

Offline lz2019

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Novelties finalized, 1u gradient blank kit added!!!
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 00:56:00 »

any estimation of GB date?

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - Novelties finalized, 1u gradient blank kit added!!!
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 22:41:25 »

any estimation of GB date?

Great time to ask that questions, GB is tentatively scheduled to start August 1st

Offline bobaboy

Re: [IC] KAT Iron - GB date August 1st!!!
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 04:29:36 »
My god August 1 will be a bloodbath for my wallet...KAT Iron, KAT Cyberspace, GMK Oni, GMK Sumi GBs all start on that day

Offline FunBox

• Null
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 10:29:06 »
I wish the legend on the left shift Icon mod was just slightly nudged to the left so that it lined up with the rest of the legends in that column. It's a small difference but I've seen it done both ways now and when they are symmetrically lined up it just seems more pleasant

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Bonsa

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 08:55:29 »
I'm saving up for this set. Those Phoenician alphas are really beautiful!
If the GB is in august, when can we expect the set to ship? I don't know how long the average waiting time is for KAT, but I'm hoping it's not 8 months.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 20:37:08 »
I wish the legend on the left shift Icon mod was just slightly nudged to the left so that it lined up with the rest of the legends in that column. It's a small difference but I've seen it done both ways now and when they are symmetrically lined up it just seems more pleasant

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah the legends in this design were fitting with the larger centered icon style. GMK does this as all the legends are left aligned and causes them to line up. It is certainly something to consider as KAT evolves. It would be something I would be doing for this set though but thanks for the suggestion

I'm saving up for this set. Those Phoenician alphas are really beautiful!
If the GB is in august, when can we expect the set to ship? I don't know how long the average waiting time is for KAT, but I'm hoping it's not 8 months.

Thats awesome, thank you very much they really turned out better than I could have imagined with a lot of help getting them  to where they are today.
We dont have that info from Keyreative yet but the kits are in for quoting so hopefully more updates will be available soon.

Offline Primal

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 15:03:18 »
Looks very good!

Offline dennismdc

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 22:15:32 »
This will be my first gradient keycaps! Very nice

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 22:09:48 »
Looks very good!

This will be my first gradient keycaps! Very nice

Thanks to you both very much appreciated, it will be my first gradient set as well!!!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 22:15:12 »
I wanted to post just a short message here that I have seen the images shared on KAT Milkshake and the concerns raised by some who have received that set. Concerns were also raised in my Discord server.

I also know designers with sets in IC have raised concerns to Keyreative via ZFrontier, and I wanted to let you know I have followed suit with them and raised the same concerns and asked for details on what steps Keyreative  will be taking to resolve these issues going forward.

Hopefully this was a smaller QC issue and turns out to be easy to resolve and impacts only a small subset of shipped sets.

I will keep everyone updated here and on my discord.

Offline p3dstore

• P3D Store
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 10:12:48 »
Hell yeah I'm in for a full rusty setup. Gradient isn't my thing but I'm glad to see the alt stuff.

As far as the deskmat I love the rusty one but the atomic number text just feels really out of place. If that was gone I'd buy that too no regerts.

Offline Prefinem

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 13:07:09 »
Woohoo! Can't wait for the GB

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:42:12 »
Hell yeah I'm in for a full rusty setup. Gradient isn't my thing but I'm glad to see the alt stuff.

As far as the deskmat I love the rusty one but the atomic number text just feels really out of place. If that was gone I'd buy that too no regerts.
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately you were the only one to mention the atomic numbers so wont be changing but still appreciate the feedback.
Glad you like the rust as just got new renders in, and will release over the next few days, check out the first one just below this reply

Woohoo! Can't wait for the GB

Thanks for the support!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:44:06 »
Here is the first Rusted Iron render hope you enjoy, thanks to Manzel for the amazing work

Offline fatboycarney

And the second "rust" render Let me know what you think!!!

Offline Nudd

Would have been in for full rust sets, but the iso kit does not  have all the rust keys unfortunately.

All the best with GB  :)

Offline fatboycarney

Would have been in for full rust sets, but the iso kit does not  have all the rust keys unfortunately.

All the best with GB  :)

Thanks for the feedback, I would certainly consider but you are the first person to ask. Is there more rust ISO interest here?  :eek: