Author Topic: Logitech UGA hmmmm  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Eclairz

Logitech UGA hmmmm
« on: Wed, 10 December 2008, 10:25:47 »
logitech announced another gaming keyboard accessory its interesting at the least and seems to emulate the belkin nostromo range until you see the graphical display.

Its looks cool imo but considering it is logitech its quite likely to be based on rubber domes(I doubt it will be membrane but only because the nostromo were domes)

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2008/12/10/logitech_unveils_ultimate_gami.html
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
Logitech UGA hmmmm
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 December 2008, 10:34:55 »
Are the little screens useful when gaming?

Offline Eclairz

Logitech UGA hmmmm
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 December 2008, 11:52:01 »
Not really but it allows you to chat in msn without escaping a game and the logitech screens are fairly customizable so with enough support you can put anything on that screen.

For games supposedly you can put health bars, but to be honest unless your screen is filled to the brim with controls its often better to see all the controls on the screen.

If you just want the screen without the keyboard this company do one

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BB-000-PT&groupid=701&catid=209&subcat=1295&name=Pertelian%20X2040%20PC%20Assistant%20USB%20LCD

A fun little device, the logitech will most likely cost around £50+ so it depends. Sometimes investing in a bigger screen is better than getting these gadgets but also new larger screens cost lots of money. But if you are getting by fine and don't find yourself needing to continuously switch windows due to congested workspace I doubt you will need it.
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
Logitech UGA hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 December 2008, 12:07:26 »
I can see the novelty, I have no idea what I'd use it for though. :)

I use VirtuaWin to get extra desktop space. It also helps me feel more organised as I tend to have lots of things open at once.