Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 255510 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - LIVE ON PMK NOW!
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 15:37:11 »
whats wrong with doubleshots? :P im waiting for my CTRL60, these will fit right on it! green leds green caps and purple feet and 110 greens/greys(havent decided yet) num num num

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 17:19:33 »
nothing wrong with doubleshot, it's ABS that sucks.

Offline pasph

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 17:49:34 »

if only SP could dye-sub SA....

What about an outside company for the dyesub on SA blanks? I'm thinking of the Star Trek set that was done this way.

I am going to get some blanks and see if WASD Keyboards can use their new UV printing process on SP's SA keycaps.  Especially if they can do a good white on the dark green.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Maybe someone in China can do SA dyesub (a call to Imsto)?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:55:34 »
Order placed.   :eek:   :thumb:
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 18:57:11 »
nothing wrong with doubleshot, it's ABS that sucks.

Oh Matt, I know you're a hardcore Dye-sub fanatic but this set is still brilliant whilst still using ABS  ^-^ .

Currently using the the 10th Anniversary special and it's sublime to type on but the normal ABS is still nice in doing the job of inputting data into your PC/internet.

Currently liking Sam's all Green set because it has the TRADITIONAL colour of "British Racing Green" which is still my all time favourite colour used.  Having it on a keyboard just makes it way cooler  :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 10:31:33 »
Currently liking Sam's all Green set because it has the TRADITIONAL colour of "British Racing Green" which is still my all time favourite colour used.  Having it on a keyboard just makes it way cooler  :thumb:

look closer at the signature in the first post :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 11:21:23 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

Is anyone interested in the following optional keycap sets?

1. White on Green M1-M12 for approximately $6/set at MOQ=25 sets?

2, Green Relegendable (includes opaque bottoms and a clear tops) set of 12 bottoms and 12 tops for $12/set at MOQ=25 sets?

3. Four-key White on Green "UNDO", "CUT", "COPY", and "PASTE" set for approximately $2/set at MOQ=25 sets?

Of some combination of the above.

Thanks very much for any and all replies!

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Still working on the JD40 kit possibility.
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline chrisq

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 12:04:03 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

2, Green Relegendable (includes opaque bottoms and a clear tops) set of 12 bottoms and 12 tops for $12/set at MOQ=25 sets?

3. Four-key White on Green "UNDO", "CUT", "COPY", and "PASTE" set for approximately $2/set at MOQ=25 sets?

- Ron | samwisekoi

I would get the CUT/COPY/PASTE/UNDO keys for sure.

Offline Data

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 12:04:23 »
Those don't sound like anything I need, personally.  But I'm just one among many.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 14:22:11 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

- Ron | samwisekoi

1. M1-M12 Keys -- Is that a replacement for the function row?

2. Green Relegendable -- Yes please!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 14:32:31 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

- Ron | samwisekoi

Honestly, I would probably buy them all.    >:D

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 15:20:57 »
I'd be interested in set 3 and either 1 or 2, depending on whatever tipped.

Oh, and a white on orange "Activate" ISO enter like those ANSI guys get in the radioactive kit.  :D

1. M1-M12 Keys -- Is that a replacement for the function row?

That or terminal boards that have another row of function keys(normally F13 through F24).
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 16:08:48 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

How about a 1.25 COMPOSE key?

Offline maladroid

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 18:05:26 »
How about a 1.25 COMPOSE key?

Oh, yes, please!  I want that very much.  Also 1.25 SUPER keys, but I gather that has already been suggested and shot down.

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 19:48:14 »
When is this think getting shipped?
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 19:57:56 »

look closer at the signature in the first post :)

Dear Sir,

Please post a link to what exactly you are referring to?  Forgive a rancid old man's eye's that is too tired to see everything clearly especially after a hard night's shift  ??? .

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 03:53:03 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

- Ron | samwisekoi

I'm not really interested in any of those. The orange blanks completed the set for me :D This is a GREAT set. Thank you for taking the time to do this properly and getting feedback constantly through this thread.

It's appreciated. Can't wait for these to be produced and shipped :)
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 07:05:59 »
this is my first post on geekhack which I am doing *after*  ;D I have already placed an order for the base kit + 20 special key set + ISO keyset !  :cool:

Would these be enough for CoolerMaster Quick Fire XT ? ( PS: I have just ordered the keyboard and have not received it yet !  ;D )

btw, i would gladly buy the full sculpted add-ons if it become available...

PS: i am a noob on mechanical keyboards.

Offline Data

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:07:00 »
Looks like that board has the standard key sizes so you should be OK with just the base set.  ISO Enter will not work, of course, unless there's an ISO layout version of the XT that I'm unaware of.

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:47:10 »
I got it off this UK site. ( I am from the UK )

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/sgk4030gkcm1uk-cooler-master-cm-storm-quick-fire-xt--mechanical-gaming-keyboard--brown-cherry-mx-switches.p986604.html

Not really sure. But anyway I am really excited on getting the keycaps , more so that getting the keyboard itself ..lol !   ;D

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 10:26:39 »
yep just now confirmed it . Its an ISO UK layout. So i get to use the big fat "RETURN" key ! :cool:

Offline chrisq

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 11:13:08 »
yep just now confirmed it . Its an ISO UK layout. So i get to use the big fat "RETURN" key ! :cool:

I thought as much based in the UK in the SKU, but I couldn't find _any_ pictures of it online...
Welcome to geekhack btw, and good choice of first GB  :))

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:53:00 »

I thought as much based in the UK in the SKU, but I couldn't find _any_ pictures of it online...
Welcome to geekhack btw, and good choice of first GB  :))

Thanks mate !
True. I was confused by the lack of images. So i checked here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cooler-master-quick-fire-xt-cherry-brown-62-03-ballicom-1982979#post22654967

will post mine once i get it

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 01:31:16 »
People need to buy more specialty kits!

This kit will increase the resale value / size of potential market a lot, since with the specialty kit you can fit this set onto practically ANY Cherry MX board layout, from the KBT Pure to the Keycool 84 to the G80-1800... So even if you don't need it to make it fit your board, it will help if you ever do get a board with a more obscure layout or if you decide to sell the set.

I really want the specialty to tip since if it doesn't I won't be able to put this set on my board :(
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 03:23:54 »
 ;D ;D :)) ;D ;D

had a strange dream yesterday ( obviously after reading about keysets for the whole day )

all of a sudden the "orange" keys are morphing, and the keyset has now become Michelangelo !!!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 03:29:46 »
i did, i want he GH key >_<

oop nvm, didn buy it... was talking about the radioactive kit, maybe i will buy it though.

What will happen if i make anoter order, will it be added to my current shipment?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 04:45:43 »

oop nvm, didn buy it... was talking about the radioactive kit, maybe i will buy it though.

What will happen if i make anoter order, will it be added to my current shipment?

Yup, it should be. I'm going to be adding a bunch of blank orange caps to my order as soon as I work out my PMK login issues.

<Start RANT>
To be perfectly honest, I REALLY don't think the PMK GB "feature" is of any real use or benefit. It'll take some time to gather all my thoughts on the issue, but I really do think it was better when GB's were only run by experienced people (who know how much hard work goes into a GB and are willing to do it, including the sorting and mailing) and everyone and their dog wasn't starting a GB for their "Ohmagerd! Lookit! I made a keycap set!" that bleeds orders from the quality sets. It only ends in tears when the newb's set doesn't tip and the good sets go into production with lower numbers and higher prices or don't tip either.

The old way produced legendary sets that are coveted by those who buy them. The new way produces.... not very much, and at a higher price point / lower value.
</End RANT>
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 05:09:39 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 05:00:20 »

They will do that for you, just email mpetersen AT solutionsinplastic.com to make sure the order is combined for shipping.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 07:26:58 »
<Start RANT>
To be perfectly honest, I REALLY don't think the PMK GB "feature" is of any real use or benefit. It'll take some time to gather all my thoughts on the issue, but I really do think it was better when GB's were only run by experienced people (who know how much hard work goes into a GB and are willing to do it, including the sorting and mailing) and everyone and their dog wasn't starting a GB for their "Ohmagerd! Lookit! I made a keycap set!" that bleeds orders from the quality sets. It only ends in tears when the newb's set doesn't tip and the good sets go into production with lower numbers and higher prices or don't tip either.

The old way produced legendary sets that are coveted by those who buy them. The new way produces.... not very much, and at a higher price point / lower value.
</End RANT>

This.

However, speaking as the person who manually fulfilled the (largest?) GB in recent GH history, the Retro DSA set, that sorting and mailing part is HORRIBLE!

But I am saddened by the dilution.  I think it results in a poorer result for the community, even if it means more people get to "run" group buys.

I have been talking to some other senior mods and admins, and will (possibly) be starting a discussion thread about this whole issue.

But in the meantime, please go buy Nuclear Data Green Base and Specialty Kits!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 08:39:43 »

Yup, it should be. I'm going to be adding a bunch of blank orange caps to my order as soon as I work out my PMK login issues.

<Start RANT>

</End RANT>

My thoughts:

It's already been discussed, and from what I can tell, the policy of where to put the group buy threads is currently being reviewed. That said, I don't think visibility, or the lack thereof, is the problem with PMK-run group buys.

The problem is the belief that anyone and everyone can and should run a group buy.

There used to exist a high barrier to entry as a group buy organizer. You had to design a great colorway, with legend choices, kit choices, etc. AND you had to run an interest check, start a group buy thread, take orders, take payments, order the keycaps from SP, sort the keycaps into sets, and ship them out to the GB partictpants. That was all VERY HARD WORK. So only the truly dedicated would attempt it. But now, anyone with an idea for a colorway that THEY PERSONALLY WANT can go to the PMK site, set up a GB, and away it runs. This is not a good model for the community, although it is exactly the business model that Signature Plastics is looking for.

Also, as DanielT said, there is a problem of too many group buys running at the same time. With the previous method of running group buys, the organizers would communicate with each other, so as not to overlap their group buys and dilute the buying power of the group. There should be a maximum of one full set group buy running per month, to allow people time to recoup funds if they wish to participate in more than one GB.

And finally there is the problem of breadth. Group buys should be interesting to a wide group of people. As an organizer, when you choose a certain profile for the keycaps, you lock in that choice for everyone. Not everyone likes DSA or SA, and not everyone prefers PBT dyesub over ABS double shot. There is a very vocal minority, whose keyboard choice (e.g. ErgoDox) dictates to them what keysets in which profiles they will buy. However, when creating a group buy targeted toward a large audience, those concerns should be secondary. The organizer should assume that the base user, or the target audience of the set, owns an 87-key or 104-key keyboard, and plan the set around that. Not think of that as a secondary market.

As far as visibility of the group buy goes, yes, the organizer needs to post regular updates and keep the thread alive, no matter which section of the forum the thread is posted in. That way when people click the "UNREAD" link at the top of the page, the thread appears in the list, and thus the buy remains visible.

... and buy Nuclear Data, because Ron is one of those who overcame that high barrier to entry and ran a very successful group buy with matt3o. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline neotrinity

Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 14:25:24 »
Hey Guys another noob question ...

What will be the size of the space bar in the base set ?

I was reading some forum that the CM Quick Fire XT  has a 6.5 size for the spacebar .. ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 14:36:01 »

I was reading some forum that the CM Quick Fire XT  has a 6.5 size for the spacebar .. ?

Unless that's a UK specific thing the CM XT should have a standard 6.25x spacebar and that is what is included with the base set. The quickfire TK has an odd size spacebar.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 14:42:52 »
While we're on the verge of taking this thread completely off topic, I'd have to say that SP handling the ordering, money collection, and shipping is not something to take lightly. It's also not particularity helpful to have a small set of "elite group buy organizers" who are the only people with the time and resources to push GBs through. We'll end up with stagnant designs if it's the same people doing sets all the time. That said, the spacing of group buys sounds like a potentially serious issue. Perhaps SP can be persuaded that staggering buys are in their best interest so that there are more tipped sets.

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 14:53:33 »

Unless that's a UK specific thing the CM XT should have a standard 6.25x spacebar and that is what is included with the base set. The quickfire TK has an odd size spacebar.

Cool thanks a lot for clarifying it  :thumb: I will be getting the keyboard in a couple of days. I will update on the size..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:27:55 »
... and buy Nuclear Data, because Ron is one of those who overcame that high barrier to entry and ran a very successful group buy with matt3o. :D

Too right ^^^^  :thumb: .

I suppose for the newbs that are thinking about joining in on a Group Buy here, might not know that these two people Sam and Matt3o have run Group Buys in the past and every one finished and delivered to their customers quickly.

Now if I was an absolute newb that just got my account here on Geekhack due to recommendations from other users elsewhere on the net, I couldn't go wrong buying into the Nuclear Set simply because it's run by honest, caring individuals who want everyone to share their love in owning a part of keyboarding history in relation to this designed key-set.

I've never been ripped off by these guys in any way, shape or form so many newbies who are now frequenting Geekhack are frustrated with who to TRUST their money too, relax because this Group Buy is well in hand and thoroughly backed by people I would give my left kidney to if requested by them  ;) .

The BIGGEST hurdle for newcomers is deciding were and what to buy when they visit this place, have no qualms about buying into this key-set because it will go down as the most stylish, retro looking set of keys yet made by PMK  :thumb: .

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #286 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 03:52:15 »

I suppose for the newbs that are thinking about joining in on a Group Buy here, might not know that these two people Sam and Matt3o have run Group Buys in the past and every one finished and delivered to their customers quickly.

Now if I was an absolute newb that just got my account here on Geekhack due to recommendations from other users elsewhere on the net, I couldn't go wrong buying into the Nuclear Set simply because it's run by honest, caring individuals who want everyone to share their love in owning a part of keyboarding history in relation to this designed key-set.

I've never been ripped off by these guys in any way, shape or form so many newbies who are now frequenting Geekhack are frustrated with who to TRUST their money too, relax because this Group Buy is well in hand and thoroughly backed by people I would give my left kidney to if requested by them  ;) .

The BIGGEST hurdle for newcomers is deciding were and what to buy when they visit this place, have no qualms about buying into this key-set because it will go down as the most stylish, retro looking set of keys yet made by PMK  :thumb: .

being a newbie i am re-assured by your comments. Thanks !

Calling out to all people viewing this thread. Please make it tip ASAP  ;)

Offline neotrinity

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 03:53:33 »

being a newbie i am re-assured by your comments. Thanks !

Calling out to all people viewing this thread. Please make it tip ASAP  ;)

Offline kalrand

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 11:34:51 »
IMPORTANT QUESTION

- Ron | samwisekoi

I know this probably isn't going to happen, but I'd probably get a set or so of each of these.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 02:17:52 »
Currently 43 Purchased and only require another 7 more to tip.

10 days and 11 hours left for this to happen.  Confident it will happen because all we need is about a person each day to sign up for this special Key-set  8) .

Can't wait for all this Greenie Goodness to start being pumped into SP molds.  Have already allocated 4 keyboards for this momentous design that brings back the wondrous memories of my youth.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 02:19:40 by Elrick »

Offline chrisq

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 03:08:13 »
Currently 43 Purchased and only require another 7 more to tip.

10 days and 11 hours left for this to happen.  Confident it will happen because all we need is about a person each day to sign up for this special Key-set  8) .

Can't wait for all this Greenie Goodness to start being pumped into SP molds.  Have already allocated 4 keyboards for this momentous design that brings back the wondrous memories of my youth.

There are always a few people jumping in at the last moment.
I'll promote it on the usual sites, these aren't just an amazingly cool design and color combination, but they're also the only THICK profile from SP :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 15:17:35 by chrisq »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 05:23:30 »
Current status

It's slow moving, but it will tip for sure.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 14:28:36 »
*Gasp* Who ordered the base set without the radioactive kit?  :eek:

Offline chrisq

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 15:18:20 »

More than one, as I ordered 2 radioactive kits...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 00:08:05 »
45 Purchased      |  5 More to Tip

It's getting there, just five more individuals brave enough to own this classic set  8) .  This is the key-set to own when World War 3 officially breaks out.  All you'll have left is this brilliant all green set after your house is melted away in the scorching, radioactive heat.

It will be a warning to human arrogance and stupidity that will last for thousands of years.  You definitely want this key-set as your own personal tombstone placed upon your rotting carcass, what a way to go  :thumb: .

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 00:40:01 »

Hm, might be me! I ordered 2 base kits and 1 radioactive kit (plus other kits)... It's for a key swap idea I have...
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 10:35:04 »

Hm, might be me! I ordered 2 base kits and 1 radioactive kit (plus other kits)... It's for a key swap idea I have...

Me too.  Base kits are so cheap that it made sense to buy a spare for things like 40% keyboards or a numpad or a GH36 matrix keypad or two.  Hmmm.  I may need to pick up another base kit.

And so should all of you!  :D

- Ron | samwisekoi

[edit]
Done.
[/edit]
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 September 2014, 10:39:57 by samwisekoi »

Offline chrisq

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 11:50:03 »

Me too.  Base kits are so cheap that it made sense to buy a spare for things like 40% keyboards or a numpad or a GH36 matrix keypad or two.  Hmmm.  I may need to pick up another base kit.

And so should all of you!  :D

- Ron | samwisekoi

[edit]
Done.
[/edit]

Those 60%s are going to need specialty kits though  :cool:

Offline kalrand

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 14:14:51 »
Those 60%s are going to need specialty kits though  :cool:

Let's just remind everyone if you're thinking of putting these on a GH122, you'll need the winkeyless set.
(please let that set tip....)
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.