Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 887982 times)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 05:13:08 »
does anyone know if paypal buyer protection refunds you money even if seller is completely broke?
PayPal will refund the buyer, if they determine the seller is at fault. They will then seek funds from the seller to cover the costs that PayPal refunded. The seller isn't directly refunding the money but in the end they are losing the money.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 05:20:19 »
Often times the seller has no chance to prove that he didn't make any mistakes at all,
so paypal will side with the buyer preemptively. I have a feeling the same will happen here.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 06:01:20 »
Often times the seller has no chance to prove that he didn't make any mistakes at all,
so paypal will side with the buyer preemptively. I have a feeling the same will happen here.
Fortunately I think there is more than enough evidence for PP to side with the the buyers if they choose to submit disputes. Hopefully it doesn't come that and things can be properly sorted though.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 08:48:52 »
Fortunately I think there is more than enough evidence for PP to side with the the buyers if they choose to submit disputes. Hopefully it doesn't come that and things can be properly sorted though.

This thread is proof enough.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 08:59:36 »
Hello Everyone who bought stuff from me

Sorry for the delay. I am working very long hours now. Looks like I cannot retire peacefully from geekhack as planned.

A good many mistakes were made in the shipping out rush. Wife had to send over 80 packages within a few days and she’s not familiar with the descriptions. (And quite fed up too, so she just stuffed packages with whatever seemed right or approximately the same value.)

At least 1 box went out totally wrong because I earmarked a box for that person’s stuff in March. He changed his orders several times so I procrastinated with packing, took out his granite keycaps, white and green switches, and eventually forgot that box hadn’t been packed. This guy had a big order, and he got 0% of his order. Instead he got only the keyboard kit which had occupied the box all along. He got very low value. Now I have no idea how to send him what he ordered.

I do not know what was sent/ mis-sent to any particular person, and am currently unable to trace where the items he/she purchased were sent. It was a great rush to deal with so many complex and changing orders and I was not the one doing it but unfortunate family members. At least 5 people were still changing their orders on May 3; 3 people hadn’t paid and E3E outright refused to pay last minute after trolling me for a week. Several people threw me their addresses but never paid shipping nor responded to reminders.

There were a number of double-sold items. These tended to be cheap items that I didn’t take heed of, had dubious buyers inquiring about them and taking too long to pay, or which had complications like paypal refunds screwing up my records. The most expensive items like scarface keycaps, 87 key zinc blanks and Model M SSK were never double sold. For the double sold items, wife was supposed to just stuff buyers with unsold things because so many things were marked pending but actually unsold thanks to the usual sleazy dibs callers never coming through with payment.

A number of missent items had the correct buyer labelled. I believe the most constructive solution is to contact the intended recipient and send him/her the stuff. Several people I talked to on PM refused this solution, insisting that I refund them fully + pay for the shipping before they would even contemplate sending the legit buyer his property.

Let’s be realistic about this.

I am now very busy and work 7 days a week. I did not expect to be so ultra busy or I would not have planned my sale at this time. I sold things in a great rush and was under pressure to clear my house as planned. Until now I still have uncollected payments!

I do not have money to refund everyone fully. Nor do I have the desire to. I sold many things at literally pennies on the dollar. I gave away many things. I had a terrible selling experience in April. I wish to just walk away from it all.

Wife is angry at me. I deserve the punishment. And I have long vowed to family that I will stay away from geekhack until house is fixed. With my current skills, house won’t be fixed anytime soon.

My paypal account is currently depleted because I had to pull money asap to pay for shipping. There is no money left. See this negative amount? You can squeeze blood from a stone?

(Attachment Link)

After getting a bunch of unconstructive demands from irate buyers, I’m going to be my usual GutzGrouch self. I’ll tell you all the unvarnished truth.

Most of the costs involved shipping. That gives me little room to refund people for wrongly shipped things.

I do not live hand to mouth, and I certainly can put some money back into paypal account to refund dissatisfied people. But I can’t give everyone a full refund. Simple as that. And we won’t know what everyone got until all sea mail packages arrive. Obviously the people who got the least relative to what they were supposed to get, should get priority.

My original goal to clean out my house has been attained. All remaining keyboard items total less than 1 cubic meter. When I have time I can still go through my remaining stuff to see if there was unsent stuff that people paid for. Some personal stuff and lots of never-sold stuff got sent anyway so some people will get things they did not pay for. Lots of keycaps were used as filler in big boxes. This is especially in the case of my massdrop granite keycaps, which looked very ugly, old and shabby to my wife so she thought they had no value.

Laugh all you want. I am keeping no granites for myself. I even put out a review criticizing them, and directed most prospective buyers to the same review because I didn’t want dissatisfied buyers.

Am currently budgeting $2k USD for various refunds. Money is not going to go out until I get a better picture of what has been sent and who got what. Anyone who got more value than what he paid for, will not be refunded. Not to be an SOB about it but it is just impossible to refund everyone. I’d rather just quit geekhack/ deskthority completely if refunding exceeds my limited budget.

I have good reason to suspect that some people got more, and are either keeping quiet, or else are claiming they got less since it is easier to join the chorus of Gutz-haters.

Some geekhackers are already showing their less attractive side here. 1 guy filed complaint without trying to contact me.

Turns out he received someone’s very substantial shipment. It was wrong, but it wasn’t low value stuff like a keyboard kit. It was almost certainly more than what he paid.

Then he claimed to paypal that I sent him damaged goods. (And admitted in the same complaint that they weren’t damaged, just someone else’s stuff.)

Then tried to sell the expensive keycaps sent to him by mistake, to someone else. That someone else told me. This guy had hidden the fact that wife sent him valuable keycaps.

Those who think they are going to get money from filing complaints, sorry. You guys all got boxes of keyboard related items, some totally new or never used. If I choose to escalate your complaint to a Return, you are going to have to pay a lot of money to ship stuff back to Singapore before you get refunded.  We have shipping invoices that say 5kg and 10kg of ‘keyboards’ and ‘keyboard parts’, so sending me a postcard with a tracking number is going to get you hit with a buyer fraud charge.

I am going to quote this post in case he tries to edit it. This post admits fault and will be extremely helpful should someone file a claim through PayPal.

The fact of the matter is that a seller is expected to deliver a product to their buyer as described. This clearly didn't happen. PayPal doesn't care about the personal situation of the seller (or the buyer). Here are the terms for buyer protection:

Your problem is either that:
you did not receive your purchase– “Not Received” (“NR”); or
your purchase is “Significantly Not as Described” (“SNAD”). Further information on what we mean by “SNAD” is set out in section 13.9.

Here are the full terms of section 13.9:

Your purchase is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different from the last description of it that you received from the Payment Recipient before you paid for it (which, for exclusively online purchases, shall be taken to be the Payment Recipient’s description of the purchase in the relevant online listing) (“Purchase Description”). Here are some non-exhaustive examples:

You received a completely different item. For instance, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box or the software that you received was not the software that was sold to you.
The condition of your purchase was misrepresented. For instance, the listing for an item said “new” and the item was used.
Your purchase was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
Your purchase is missing major parts or features and the fact that these parts or features are missing was not disclosed in the listing.
You purchased 3 items from a Payment Recipient but received only 2.
Your purchase was damaged during postage.

Your purchase is not Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) if it is not materially different from the Purchase Description. Here are some non-exhaustive examples:

The defect in your purchase was correctly described by the Payment Recipient.
Your purchase was correctly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
Your purchase was correctly described but did not meet your expectations.
The item that you purchased has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
An event you purchased tickets to was postponed.

It seems as though most individuals received significantly different items than what they ordered. It is well within the buyer's right to file a claim. However, keep in mind that once a claim is filed the seller's account is put on hold. This means that the seller will be unable to manually refund anyone else or make any additional purchases or money transfers. What this means is that as soon as one of you file a claim, nobody else is going to be making any transactions with berserkfan for a while.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 09:18:33 »
What this means is that as soon as one of you file a claim, nobody else is going to be making any transactions with berserkfan for a while.

First, thanks for thinking to quote it.  I'd not thought of that, and it is a good step.  Second, this fact is what made me, after a little research, decide to file a claim as soon after receiving the package as I did.  He seems to think that he can just make it go away by avoiding, deflecting blame, and offering partial solutions.  We need to show him that he can't.  And the way to do that is not by visiting him as some have proposed. But by going through proper channels and putting the financial pressure where it belongs... back on him.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 May 2016, 09:29:06 by chuckdee »

Offline yomammary

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 09:25:52 »
Is this guy for real?  :confused:
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 09:27:16 »
que no mame, todavia sigue con la misma

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:21:57 »
No need to quote it, it has already been archived on archive.org.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:50:07 »
No need to quote it, it has already been archived on archive.org.

Are you sure about that?  When I went to archive.org for his original posting in the DONE! thread, it wasn't there.  If he edits this, the same thing will happen.  I spent a lot of time looking in caches for it, but only the new one was there.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 12:40:29 »
https://web.archive.org/web/20160514171401/https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065

If he changes it, was my point.  Can you find the earlier version of his sale thread?  If so, I'd really appreciate it, because I haven't been able to find it.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
forced to delete
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 23:12:53 »
some people have been twisting my words, so I had better delete this post.

:mad:

I notice the mods reopened this thread. I really think any Hate On Gutz thread should be separate, but whatever.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 May 2016, 05:16:09 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
Re: DONE!
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 03:30:52 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065.msg2171031#msg2171031

Let's address this latest bull****, and explain why I've now escalated to Paypal and I am absolutely not going to return the keyboard or keycaps to beserkfan under any circumstances.

One, I got in touch with Meiosis after he pinged me believing they were possibly his keycaps. I found his name labeled on the bag. I took photos so that he could see I had his keycaps. I then told him that I would pay out of my pocket to ship them to him, because it was CONUS and a very small package. In other words, me being the nice guy that I am, covering beserkfan's ass on this one. I said nothing more than that he should consider filing a claim.
Meiosis' Keycaps: https://imgur.com/a/xcjgX

Why did I offer to do this? Because beserkfan asked me to ship this to a proxy at my expense, at which point he stated he would not send Scarpia his keyboard or a refund. Because he felt, and I quote, "he got too much stuff." Well no **** he got a ton of stuff - he paid a lot of money for it and the shipping. Returning the keyboard to the seller with the knowledge that he is defrauding the purchaser? Especially when I know who the purchaser is? That makes me a party to the fraud. I could be charged criminally.
Here's Scarpia's keyboard, and the keycaps, and somebody's rubber feet: https://imgur.com/a/GV8Vm

What I wanted, simply, is to know where my keyboards that I paid for were and how we would handle Scarpia's issue in a LEGITIMATE, LEGAL fashion. Simple as that. I did not bring up Meiosis because frankly, I don't trust beserkfan would ship those keycaps out either. So again, being the nice guy that I am and as you all saw, I said I would ensure those keycaps got delivered to their proper, legal owner as soon as possible.

If I ship out all of these items, what am I left with? Absolutely nothing. I will not be keeping one single part I received, because none of them are mine. No matter how far you stretch the wording, these items belong to other people. Period. Not only that, but I do not want zinc keycaps or a 60% board. I hate 60%. Do you know what beserkfan wanted me to do in exchange for nothing?
Pay out of my pocket for shipping to an unverified proxy in the US. Where he would not ship the items to the purchasers, nor would he refund the purchasers. And if I didn't do that, he threatened to insist I ship it to Singapore - at a cost of more than $100. Out of pocket. So yes, he was demanding I pay $100 for the princely reward of absolutely ****ing nothing!!

That's not how it works. And yes, I see now that Paypal ****ed up and marked it as Damaged. That is not how I filed it. I filed it as "WRONG ITEM" but apparently the site didn't take. Since I had no visibility into that, I had no idea. I've asked Paypal to correct it as part of the escalation. Nothing in the package was damaged, everything was well packed, and everything is still safe.
As it is, even if I reverse the charges, this is going to cost me money. Period. I have keycaps that need to go to their legal owner. I have a keyboard that somehow has to go to ****ing Sweden. This is not how I want to spend my weekend. It is not even in the same universe as what I want to be doing. Dealing with the angsty ragequitting BS from someone who refuses to accept responsibility for errors he already admitted he made? I do that enough at work. I have not one single desire to do it here.

Oh, and no beserkfan didn't send what he said to me. He sent nothing at all. My last PM from him was May 13th; my last Paypal communication was me telling him that expecting me to eat $100 in shipping and be a party to fraud was not an acceptable solution. All I wanted was for him to do something so very, stupidly, ridiculously reasonable: find out who has my keyboards and arrange correct shipping to me (which will cost less than I paid STILL), and arrange a way for me to get Scarpia and Meiosis their stuff.
Which speaks untold volumes about how he is handling this and how he intends to handle it. So now tomorrow, I'm going to have to bloody call Paypal, make sure they fixed the filing, and explain to them that the seller is being completely uncooperative, making absurd demands in violation of Paypal TOS, knows and has already admitted he screwed up, and has publicly stated that not only did he screw up he has no intention of issuing refunds or honoring his financial obligations.
There is literally no word for what he is doing other than criminal fraud. That's what it is, plain and simple. Don't even think of calling it anything else.

And I am now going to drink too much whiskey and go to bed. There are no words for how pissed off and utterly disappointed I am with Gutz. None at all.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline codywanks

Re: DONE!
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 04:53:04 »
Oh, and no beserkfan didn't send what he said to me. He sent nothing at all. My last PM from him was May 13th

well, to be fair,

Here is a message I wrote to ****wyrm. I haven’t sent it because it is too long to fit into a paypal dispute reply form.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 09:21:30 »
I've unlocked this thread, as it seems beneficial to not spread out the information about this more than necessary.

Please attempt to stay civil and constructive here. I understand that many of you have lost money; as nice as it may feel to rant, it probably won't solve anything.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline KRKS

• Your friendly neighbourhood umbrella
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 10:15:38 »
I'd like to ask for this thread to be locked for roughly two more days because le ledditors and MD apologists(thinking about three people in particular, you know who you are) are talking a lot about this right now and will pour oil into fire to make community-ran GB's look worse. Just look at some of the comments to this thread outside of GH to see that already being done. The topic needs calm and civil discussion, not drama escalators, and most people that aren't actually affected will forget by then.
The increasing power of Massdrop WILL kill the community group buys - don't come crying to me after it happens when you're too stupid to see it now. Join me in saving the community!

MD = NO $, NO EXCEPTIONS

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:02:12 »
I'd like to ask for this thread to be locked for roughly two more days because le ledditors and MD apologists(thinking about three people in particular, you know who you are) are talking a lot about this right now and will pour oil into fire to make community-ran GB's look worse. Just look at some of the comments to this thread outside of GH to see that already being done. The topic needs calm and civil discussion, not drama escalators, and most people that aren't actually affected will forget by then.
1. This isn't a groupbuy (I know a lot of people are misunderstanding that though)
2. Who the **** cares what reddit and massdrop think? I don't. If they want something bad enough, they can join a groupbuy. If they don't want to, nobody's forcing them. We shouldn't like change and mold our community to make it look good for people that aren't even part of it.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:26:16 »
2. Who the **** cares what reddit and massdrop think? I don't. If they want something bad enough, they can join a groupbuy. If they don't want to, nobody's forcing them. We shouldn't like change and mold our community to make it look good for people that aren't even part of it.

QFT.

Do you think the jagoffs on reddit would make the least effort to ensure people got the order they paid for? Hell no. Absolutely not. They'd run around gloating about it and keep it. Because that's the kind of people they are. They're the kind of people that GH has already banned for being bad excuses for human beings. Hell, being banned from GH is basically a requirement to be a mod.
And people want us to invite the toxic slime the mods already got rid of once, back into the community? No freaking way. It's not bloody happening. Want to watch people quit en masse? Just let them back in. The mods can deal with the ones that sneak past - and I'm sure they will.
What the retardit hivemind says has exactly as much value as their worth as people - none.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:27:32 »
1. This isn't a groupbuy (I know a lot of people are misunderstanding that though)

I agree.  This is a thread for this issue, and you're not going to please everyone all the time trying to minimize it.

What I'd personally like is for this thread to be retitled something more appropriate, so those affected can come here to find out what happened, and communicate with each other.  There are those that are affected that don't even have any idea of what's going on, and the thread title doesn't give any indication.  Berserkfan/Gutz has said he's abandoning thread, and to a large extent, the problem he created.  Handle our problems through official channels, and then communicate about what's been done/what can be done, and come together as a community is what I'd like and advocate for.

Do you think the jagoffs on reddit would make the least effort to ensure people got the order they paid for? Hell no. Absolutely not. They'd run around gloating about it and keep it.

This part is part of what is making the two so divisive, and I personally don't buy into it.  Air_tree was on this board mostly, and mind_funeral on reddit.  But mind_funeral went out of his way to help air_tree.  Doesn't that say that enthusiasts are just people- and there are good ones and bad ones?
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:30:00 by chuckdee »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:32:49 »

QFT.

Do you think the jagoffs on reddit would make the least effort to ensure people got the order they paid for? Hell no. Absolutely not. They'd run around gloating about it and keep it. Because that's the kind of people they are. They're the kind of people that GH has already banned for being bad excuses for human beings. Hell, being banned from GH is basically a requirement to be a mod.
And people want us to invite the toxic slime the mods already got rid of once, back into the community? No freaking way. It's not bloody happening. Want to watch people quit en masse? Just let them back in. The mods can deal with the ones that sneak past - and I'm sure they will.
What the retardit hivemind says has exactly as much value as their worth as people - none.

I participate in both communities. Am I "toxic slime"?

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:34:59 »
I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:44:36 »
can i get a tl;dr. this dude always writes so damn much.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:46:28 »

he got himself in too deep and isn't going to deliver to a bunch of people who bought **** from him. basically using his "cheap prices" as an excuse for why he shouldn't be held accountable because he was "so generous".
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:48:59 »
The last two posts were what I was trying to head off with mine.  Can we just realize that people are pissed and emotions are high, and try to stay away from that and keep this thread towards help and resolution?

This is my last geekhack post. My selling experience in March/April was super unpleasant. I am tired of the many unreasonable, sleazy and selfish people on geekhack. Offering people a reasonable compromise doesn’t work. Everyone is all about ME FIRST and F YOU.

I want to speak to this, because he's again deflecting blame.

I asked a simple question before I escalated.

I ask the simple question: How are we going to correct the situation?

I was willing to work with him with anything reasonable.  The first time I got deflections and non-answers.  I gave the benefit of the doubt the first time, as it was the last line in a longer response (offering to use the money in the payment to ship the item back to him so he could send it once I was assured of the refund).  The second time, I only included that sentence.  I've received no response.  So now that I've escalated, I have to wait until next week for paypal to do anything, even though he's already said he's not going to respond.  In what world is he living where even when people are reasonable, he expects them just to do what he says and call that a compromise?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:51:12 »

he got himself in too deep and isn't going to deliver to a bunch of people who bought **** from him. basically using his "cheap prices" as an excuse for why he shouldn't be held accountable because he was "so generous".

lol aint this the same dude constantly making posts about ****ty sellers?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:53:53 »

In fairness, he delivered.  Just uniformly the wrong thing.  And even though many of us actually paid him money, he expects us just to be satisfied with whatever we received.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:54:02 »
I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

You'll note I excluded DT and spoke only to reddit. You might check the DT thread - I'm over there too. Also, not 100% positive, but still pretty sure you haven't been banned from here. I excluded DT because they're doing the same as we are here - trying to sort it out and get people the stuff they bought. If anyone thinks DT is pouring oil on the fire, I can only assume they aren't reading anything that was written.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:55:04 »

QFT.

I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

well... if you have to ask..

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:55:42 »
 :p
lol aint this the same dude constantly making posts about ****ty sellers?

Yup. Ironic, isn't it?
Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 12:57:31 »
QFT.

Is your name ****ing literally "rootwyrm"? I little too meta for me buddy
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:10:32 »

QFT.

I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

Did you feel the air as the point went right over your head?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:12:02 »

QFT.

I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

ah, so you're one of those that can't tell when people are joking.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:12:50 »

pretty sure you're the one missing the joke mate
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:16:38 »

QFT.

I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

It's a little difficult to tell when there are people here who actually believe basically what you posted.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:16:53 »

In fairness, he delivered.  Just uniformly the wrong thing.  And even though many of us actually paid him money, he expects us just to be satisfied with whatever we received.

Yeah. And now he's also inflating prices astronomically in claiming we should be happy with what we got because it's somehow magically worth more than what was paid for it. And that's justification enough. See above re; claiming the Pure is at least $250 and a whole 7 zinc keycaps are worth $300.

Uh. No. Just flat out no. For one, he sold the keyboard for $100 and he sold the keycaps for <$50. You don't get to change the price after the sale - that's bait-and-switch fraud. Two, that's not even close to what I bought. I bought two full size keyboards, because I prefer full size keyboards. He was fully aware of this because we discussed several of his full size boards he desperately wanted rid of. He flat out told me to just offer him whatever. He tried to get me to take some F's and M's for shipping cost only too.
Well, I didn't. What I did was pay him his full asking price for both keyboards, full price for the Teensy 2.0++ with pins, he said he'd include blank keycaps he was going to throw out otherwise, and I even covered half the Paypal fees. Why? Because I felt it was a fair deal to both of us. How many people here would want a Shine 3 full size Ice Theme with heavy clears? Not many at all. How many people here would want a Shine 1 with jailhouse greens? Even fewer, I imagine.

What freaked me out though, was the fact that his immediate response when I let him know I got the wrong things. And opened a very polite, simple Paypal dispute which is required so that HE has a leg to stand on when somebody ELSE opens a dispute. I just said "hey, I got the wrong stuff. Can you help find my stuff?" His immediate response was to threaten to make me pay out of pocket to ship to Singapore, and to state flatly that he would not deliver Scarpia's keyboard because he thought Scarpia "got too much stuff." That was his initial response.
Meaning anyone who ships it back to him, that stuff is gone. Period. And if he gets your stuff? He is not going to ship you what you paid for if it's even slightly inconvenient to him - or if he just doesn't feel like it. I was willing to be sympathetic to his situation and the mistakes made. I would have considered things fully resolved and no refund owed at all if I got what I ordered. Right up until he said he said he wasn't willing to make the least effort for anyone.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:27:18 »

QFT.

I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

It's a little difficult to tell when there are people here who actually believe basically what you posted.

nah, we have **** members on all 3 sites. none is better than the other.

but gh is cooler.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:29:42 »

QFT.

I mostly a DT user...

Am I "toxic slime"?

but gh is cooler.

Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:35:29 »
speak for yourself

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:37:46 »
speak for yourself
you're even more lame af. Every nerd on this website tries to gag on you.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 13:44:22 »
speak for yourself

dont make me expose you to them cats that dont know you

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:00:41 »
speak for yourself
this is true
source: gag myself on demik daily
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 14:14:41 »
Once again, please be respectful in this thread. Any further off-topic posts or attacks will be grounds for warnings.

I hope that everyone will be able to get the stuff they paid for or get a refund, however the case may be.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 15:18:38 »
I am going to quote this post in case he tries to edit it.

Nicely caught.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 15:25:00 »
Any further off-topic posts or attacks will be grounds for warnings.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 16:07:22 »
I think both parties can agree that berserk has ****ed up. Welcome to life. That's just it. You ****ed up, that's life.

Now I think walking away from the situation is going to be extremely detrimental in the long run. This isn't just a hundred dollars or so, we are talking thousands of dollars, and if you think that by walking away from this paypal will just forget about it I think you are very wrong. I am not sure what paypal will do but I do assume that they will do something.

How you approach this now is a test of whether you are going to take this like a man and fix your mistakes. This is your responsibility after all

Offline ika

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 16:11:39 »

Here is a message I wrote to ****wyrm. I haven’t sent it because it is too long to fit into a paypal dispute reply form.

I find that I have been painted into a corner.

I sold everything cheap to clear my house as quickly as possible.

I have not much left because even things that were not paid for, were often just shipped anyway for free.

To refund everyone is impossible. I cannot afford it, and the shipping alone for everyone was $2.8k USD.

So I have to pay $2.8k shipping to lose all my property before everyone is satisfied?

All complainants to date have admitted to paypal that we DID NOT send you garbage or useless things. They were wrong, not rubbish or empty boxes. ****sis's scarface keycaps alone are worth $48-$300 depending on what was put into the box that was sent to you, which I haven't seen.

You paid $162 for keyboards. The keyboard which you have admitted to receiving, cost me over $250 to buy and customize. And you got scarface keycaps also.

Normally the correct way to file complaint is ‘significantly not as described’ but you insisted on telling paypal ‘item is damaged’ instead. Why? Let me guess: you don’t think you can win a complaint if you admitted to getting more than what you paid.

You wanted a full refund without so much as return shipment to my CONUS-located proxy shipper , and you even encouraged ****sis to file a clearly fake complaint.

****sis claims he had no intention to do anything dishonest with his fake complaint that has been dismissed already by paypal. Unfortunately he went on to say that one of the keycaps he paid for, which was supposed to be Row 2, wasn’t Row 2. He kept pressing me for a Row 2 scarface keycap. (I don’t have any scarface anymore, btw.)

Now how would ****sis know with such certainty that he didn’t get a correct Row 2 keycap? I can’t tell by looking at a photo. I could only tell by laying them out in a row and looking at the entire row with one eye closed. That’s how I sorted out my scarface originally.

Obviously ****sis now has scarface in his possession, and he obviously is able to compare. So this guy got his order ok, except for one keycap wrong. And you encouraged him to tell paypal that his credit card got stolen. Do you really work for Wells Fargo as you claim?

Everything is a screwup caused by me asking someone else to help with the packing at a time when I could not do it myself. If you wanted to wait for me to pack personally it would take MONTHS and I didn't want to make people wait. Hell, if I had done the regular geekhack thing like how Dorkvader or Nubbinator does it, I could make people wait 2 years for their stuff. But I couldn't have done this because I long ago promised wife to clear my house by May. I can’t have so many boxes in my house for months, so everything had to go out fast.

Now paypal account is negative $1285.56. I repeat, NEGATIVE. I will not be adding money to this account, end of story.

I reiterate my offer. Send domestically in the same packaging to my US proxy shipper, and they will bulk ship back to me at a far better rate than USPS. That will save you a lot in shipping costs, and I can even warehouse the stuff at their place for months FOC. That warehousing function is very valuable to me because I really cannot host stuff in my house anymore.

Thanks to lack of time off from work during office hours, I haven’t even collected the payments for about half the people who paid by moneygram. The moneygram office will probably think I’m mad, but I’ll just pickup the cash and redirect some to you. I have your name and country, which is all I need for making a moneygram payment.

Alternatively you can continue pursuing your currently destructive route:

1)   You file paypal complaint
2)   Paypal reviews my entire account which is their custom. Most complainants including you have multipart orders, and all orders are for keyboards, keycaps, and keyboard parts.
3)   Paypal rep goes crazy trying to figure out who owes what who is missing what who has gotten what for who. Yeah, same experience as what we had trying to ship out stuff.
4)   Paypal complaints are the tip of the iceberg. Some orders made by bank transfer had 20+ components. Another dozen had at least 10 components. More than half of all orders were made off paypal. If Paypal rep already goes crazy with just reconciling 10 complaints, I could make them extra crazy by sending them my 465MB of photos, records, shipping label printouts, etc. Maybe I’ll print out a few dozen PMs as well, showing how some people changed their orders repeatedly, backed out, came back, changed modes of payment, etc.
5)   Even a buyer-biased company like paypal cannot but help figure that these customers are impossible to satisfy. After reading 3 or 4 complaints Paypal rep decides he has had enough.
6)   Paypal rep decides this is no scam, so he hits paypal’s default button. Everyone must return ship to me, tracked, in order to qualify for refund.
7)   So, just incur the shipping cost, ship everything internationally back to my home. You asked for it. This is also really destructive to me as well, because I will get into severe trouble when packages start showing up in the mail filled with keyboards and parts that were supposed to be forever banished from my house.
8)   By this point I am never going to put money back into my paypal account. It’s a black hole. I would rather conserve my $2k USD for refunding the people who paid via bank transfer/ moneygram and therefore have no easy recourse if they got substantially lower value than what they paid.
9)   So I get a black mark on my credit statement put there by paypal. That’s unpleasant but tolerable. I’m not going to take out another housing loan in the next 50 years, and I’m never going to buy a car.
10)   And you? You might even get into trouble for buyer fraud. If you choose to send me some feces marked as ‘keyboard’, customs will intercept and I will have official proof to show Paypal that you attempted to keep the keyboard and send me feces.

This is my last geekhack post. My selling experience in March/April was super unpleasant. I am tired of the many unreasonable, sleazy and selfish people on geekhack. Offering people a reasonable compromise doesn’t work. Everyone is all about ME FIRST and F YOU.

The F You attitude I'm seeing so much, is like the ridiculous people who came to me during April, with zero posts and some newly created account, and just said in some curt PM: "You are giving away Model Ms/ Multimeters/ Model F-122s? Here's my address."

As expected, it is the paypal people who are most unreasonable because they know pp is on their side.

Years ago I said I would never do a GB because of the terrible people. I never expected to be doing the equivalent of one myself.

I’m locking this thread so people can see this is intended as a definitive reply.

I know the mods well enough that they can exercise mod powers to reopen this thread if they so wish. But I am 100% sick and tired of geekhack and all the people, so don’t expect me to show up here again. I strongly recommend creating a new Hate On Gutz thread so that all of you can rant.

Last but not least, if you are ever planning a group buy, let me repeat the same advice I've always said: DON'T.

I am going to quote this for posterity, seeing as how the OP has been removed. tldr for me but may be relevant for those pursuing action

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 16:13:56 »
My response
More
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 16:20:01 »
I have removed several off-topic posts from this thread, and issued warnings to everyone involved. Please don't make it necessary for me to do so a second time.

Offline blighty

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 16:39:35 »
I have removed several off-topic posts from this thread, and issued warnings to everyone involved. Please don't make it necessary for me to do so a second time.

I actually lol'd at off-topic posts in an off-topic thread.

On point, Paypal will refund up to $30 dollars in shipping items back (USA users, at least).

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/returns

copy/paste of terms below

Eligibility Requirements – When can I use the Return Shipping on Us service?
You may use the Return Shipping on Us Service to obtain reimbursement of return shipping costs for items purchased online, if the following conditions are met:
You must activate the Service before you attempt to submit a refund request, by clicking the “Agree & Activate Now” button on the Return Shipping on Us service website and logging in to your PayPal account.
You must hold a U.S. PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;
You must pay for your online purchase, including the item(s) you wish to return, entirely using your PayPal account between February 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016;
You must initiate your return within the return period of February 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016 and in accordance with the return conditions authorized by the seller or merchant; and
You must submit a complete refund request of the return shipping costs (hereinafter: the "Refund request”) related to that return within 14 calendar days of mailing back the returned item and the refund request must be submitted between the period of February 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. The refund request is an online form found here and is accessible only to users who have activated the service. PayPal does not reimburse any other fees associated with the return.
You will have 14 calendar days to submit a Refund request from the date on which you returned your item via mail, except that all Refund requests must be submitted no later than December 31, 2016.

LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)