Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping  (Read 250963 times)

Offline poolside

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - In Production
« Reply #400 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 04:20:59 »
Is there a breakout thing for the USB connector? In your pics it seems to be located very low compared to other boards.
There is indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, any pics on hand?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #401 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 04:23:44 »
Is there a breakout thing for the USB connector? In your pics it seems to be located very low compared to other boards.
There is indeed!

Thanks, any pics on hand?

Here’s one I took of it before building.

Offline poolside

« Reply #402 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 07:43:02 »
Thanks. Did you have to solder these wires straight to the PCB yourself or did the bundle include another connector to attach them to?
The Revo & Dr.D TKL used a XH2.54 connector pair for the USB cable (pic here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84328.msg2393839#msg2393839).

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 07:45:44 »
Thanks. Did you have to solder these wires straight to the PCB yourself or did the bundle include another connector to attach them to?
The Revo & Dr.D TKL used a XH2.54 connector pair for the USB cable (pic here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84328.msg2393839#msg2393839).
I had to solder them to the PCB. I had some issues at first since I first tried to solder them to the holes for what normally would be the USB connector, but then I realised there were some larger and labeled holes below it Stupid mistake, but it worked out it the end.

Offline poolside

« Reply #404 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 07:58:46 »
Thanks for these details. Maybe there will be room on the PCB to put of one those removable connectors.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 08:02:54 »
Thanks for these details. Maybe there will be room on the PCB to put of one those removable connectors.
It could be that these holes were actually meant for that, but TBH soldering on the connector was pretty easy once I knew how.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 08:41:20 »
Well so much for getting any kind of update this week. At this point we really should have an eta for when to expect this board to be ready. Patients can only take you so far.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 09:47:30 »
Patients can only take you so far.

Yeah, you're right. They are sick and all, I'm sure they would need to break for a rest.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 10:06:09 »
Patients can only take you so far.

Yeah, you're right. They are sick and all, I'm sure they would need to break for a rest.
:raughs:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline zzyjayfree

[GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - In Production
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:34:46 »
Sorry if I don’t have a solid update for you I asked for update numerous times but EVE told me that he had to get some boards back for more polishing before anodizing. All I get were two pics of polished boards on floor and I didn’t want to give this sh**ty update until I have better ones. But here it goes.

I know this is probably nothing. I’ll talk to EVE this week and ask for what exactly his plan is for the GB and let you guys know.

A wild Pikachu has appeared!
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:36:52 by zzyjayfree »
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 07:53:05 »
 Yep you were right definitely a  let down. I  along with many others I imagine , was hoping this project would be a little further along. Pretty much the same progress from two months ago , just laid out differently. I guess we can expect this in another couple months if we are lucky ..

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 13:06:45 »
Thanks for the update regardless, it's better than nothing  :thumb:

Offline swangful

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 13:45:43 »
Yep you were right definitely a  let down. I  along with many others I imagine , was hoping this project would be a little further along. Pretty much the same progress from two months ago , just laid out differently. I guess we can expect this in another couple months if we are lucky ..

Sadly, probably true. I'll be optimistic if we can get it by March/April.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #413 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 09:55:18 »
Seeing how nice Mira is turning out, I can't friggin wait to see my finished Moon! :eek:  Sure hope we get an update soon!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 01:58:52 »
anyone know if the CN Edition Top Case part will fit on the international edition seemlessly?

got my hands on a CN version and considering on swapping the top parts

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:19:31 »
anyone know if the CN Edition Top Case part will fit on the international edition seemlessly?

no, it won't

each part has to be finished to fit a specific bottom, since the shape is so complicated

no moons can have case parts swapped, as far as i know
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rioc

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:22:28 »

no, it won't

each part has to be finished to fit a specific bottom, since the shape is so complicated

ok, fair enough... guessed as much. I'll probably still try once I've got both to see how much off it would be, but I won't be planning with it to work then ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #417 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:30:24 »

no, it won't

ok, fair enough... guessed as much. I'll probably still try once I've got both to see how much off it would be, but I won't be planning with it to work then ;)

i think the anodizing finish will also be noticably different, but you'll have to wait until it shows up to be sure
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rioc

« Reply #418 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:40:02 »

no, it won't

i think the anodizing finish will also be noticably different, but you'll have to wait until it shows up to be sure
yeah :)

Offline swangful

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:28:44 »
Seeing all this progress on MIRA is exciting. We're almost there!!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #420 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 22:25:00 »
This should be good: anodizing is officially in process

I'm sorry to see one people decided to take a refund. I totally understand it, it's been dragged long. But I ask the rest of you guys to be patient as the end result for Mira SE turned out to be satisfying. EVE wouldn't let you down with the Moon.

Meanwhile I'll keep following up with EVE regularly. Wish I can be in factory 24/7 in person  :p
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 22:35:39 »

I'm sorry to see one people decided to take a refund. I totally understand it, it's been dragged long. But I ask the rest of you guys to be patient as the end result for Mira SE turned out to be satisfying. EVE wouldn't let you down with the Moon.

Meanwhile I'll keep following up with EVE regularly. Wish I can be in factory 24/7 in person  :p

Any chance you will sell the spot zzjayfree?  I'd be interested if so.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:29:00 »

Any chance you will sell the spot zzjayfree?  I'd be interested if so.

I'll probably post the order when the anodizing is done. Nothing for certain for now.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:47:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh, man, those are beautiful. I just saw that BOX Navy switches are back in stock and ordered some of those to go in this baby. Good day of updates!
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #424 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 03:25:57 »

no, it won't

How will the ano be different? I’m curious since I have a Chinese one.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:53:01 »
I just hope the delay is not because of EVE taking on more keyboard GB/IC than trying to finish this off first. Cause i think i already saw 2 or 3 thread thats going to be done by him with alot shorter timeline than this GB which i dunno if feasible.
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:56:10 »
I just hope the delay is not because of EVE taking on more keyboard GB/IC than trying to finish this off first. Cause i think i already saw 2 or 3 thread thats going to be done by him with alot shorter timeline than this GB which i dunno if feasible.

nah, boards get made in order, not all at once

that's why the lead time has increased over the last year

no, it won't

How will the ano be different? I’m curious since I have a Chinese one.

the finish is different, you'll see when you have them both

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:02:30 »

Yes, thats true. But some of them are designed by him which also takes up time. Anyways, thats just my guess, im just curious why those IC/GB can say like 4month or so when they can clearly see this and Mira taking so long to complete.  Someone needs to do a better prediction, i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:07:00 »

Yes, thats true. But some of them are designed by him which also takes up time. Anyways, thats just my guess, im just curious why those IC/GB can say like 4month or so when they can clearly see this and Mira taking so long to complete.  Someone needs to do a better prediction, i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m with you this group is already five months in the hole and not even close to being shipped.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:08:36 »

MIRA got reworked a few times from what i heard, and EVE moved his shop which caused another month or 2 of delay

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 21:13:49 »

MIRA got reworked a few times from what i heard, and EVE moved his shop which caused another month or 2 of delay
yeah i know that too as im watching MIRA GB as well. Also im not asking why we are delayed in this GB but hoping that him working on other project is not causing any more delays for this GB. I think im a pretty patient guy, being in Exent and EM7 GB as well but it just confuse me that new IC are popping up for EVE, with a timeline no less, while he have a massive delay on current GBs.

Well anyways, GB leader is doing a good job updating everyone when its due and i understand their pain when what they can only do is rely on the updates of the manufacturer.

Offline EVE

• Outstanding because of professionalism
« Reply #431 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 09:28:27 »
Guys, I'm sorry, I will sprint at the greatest speed. I want to do the beauty of the night, so the schedule is a bit slow. I'm sorry, I will update the oxidized MOON~ tomorrow night.
Designer and Manufacture of Metro, Nebula, Taichi, Plant(ICing), Moon.
Manufacture of Mira, MiraSE, Moon, Tank, Canoe, Canoe2, CanoeFE, Volt, Lite, Kira 80%, Kira Pad, Keycult 02, Ares HHKB, Evil 80, Evil 82, Evil 96,EQUALZ Zero 80%, EQUALZ 104, Origin 80%........

Offline Kavik

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 11:15:06 »
Guys, I'm sorry, I will sprint at the greatest speed. I want to do the beauty of the night, so the schedule is a bit slow. I'm sorry, I will update the oxidized MOON~ tomorrow night.

Thanks for the update. I, for one, don't mind waiting for a quality product. I'd prefer receiving something very well made with no corners cut to receiving something inferior but sooner.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #433 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 11:20:02 »
Thanks for the update. I, for one, don't mind waiting for a quality product. I'd prefer receiving something very well made with no corners cut to receiving something inferior but sooner.

So much this!!

Offline rioc

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 01:27:23 »

agreed :)

Offline SBN

« Reply #435 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 01:54:06 »

agreed :)

Indeed, please take all the time you need finish this beauty!

Seeing all the reactions to the Mira and the wonderful pictures I’m more than willing to wait a little longer to get an awesome new keyboard!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #436 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 07:46:17 »
Thank you for your understanding. You guys are great.

EVE sent me some pics I think you would like them.

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 07:54:26 »
Lmao that single green top, looks like ill be having a one off moon!

Offline mathiasn

« Reply #438 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 08:16:21 »
 :thumb:

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #439 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 10:41:59 »

:thumb: Thanks for updates! Can’t wait to get the Moon.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #440 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:06:35 »

The military green top IS gonna be pretty rare if you check out the order form  :p

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #441 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:09:27 »

The military green top IS gonna be pretty rare if you check out the order form 
Ah I see in the from that there are a couple more with good taste, haha! Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing the pieces coming together :)

Offline ___q

« Reply #442 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:15:42 »
Thanks for the pictures, awesome to see this getting close.

The colors all look good!

Offline neralo

« Reply #443 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:38:02 »

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Yyeessse super excited for this!

HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #444 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:03:55 »

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Damn, nice. Glad to see this coming along.

Offline swangful

« Reply #445 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:45:01 »
Damn that looks great. Best update thus far.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #446 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:46:39 »
:thumb:

I saw that pic and thought the same thing.
I ordered a green top too. I thought I was the only one ;)
I hope there’s 2 and ones just not in the photo!

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #447 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:49:00 »
Actually I think I ordered a fern green top not military.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:53:03 »

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

They all look so good!  Is it possible to point out the colors?  Specifically the Starry Night Grey ;D

Edit: Using the power of pleb mind, I'm thinking Starry Night Grey is the left row?  Also, the Ink Black looks soooo good... 

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 January 2018, 14:47:34 by metalliccharles »

Offline rioc

« Reply #449 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 15:27:20 »
Actually I think I ordered a fern green top not military.
Oh dude, you're gonna be stoked. Just got my cn gb moon in today with the fern green bottom. That colour is so rich and striking. (gonna try and capture it well with some pics after I built it and will share those)

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk